[News] Ayu to perform at Music Station 19 September - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 22nd September 2016, 02:41 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
What about COLOUS? XOXO / Lelio are the definition of generic.
While it may not be her deepest or most exciting music, I don't personally find COLOURS to be overly generic. It is still uniquely Ayu, to me.
Old 22nd September 2016, 03:00 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^^I don't even consider TK's Namie and post-TK Namie as the same artist. She is too different from what she was back then, and she also feels way more confortable on her shoes nowadays.

That being said, Namie always followed international music trends closer than Ayu did, and even when she was experiementing more (Past > Future is quite a creative album), once she went full peak, she followed trends even closer. She was always more of an idol while Ayu was more of an artist. It's easier (but on no way easy) to change your whole image when you go for fresh but doesn't really go for innovative. As people expect Ayu to be more innovative, the risks of going on a new direction are higher considering this also means going on a less tested road.

This can also be seen around here: Everytime she really goes bold on a totally unexpected way for her, people either love it to pieces (Brillante, POM) or hate it like she killed puppies. Having a diverce music catalogue also doesn't help, as very little stuff that wouldn't feel forced would also sound fresh on her nowadays. Even so, for someone who release a new album every year, IMO she has a surprising level of success when adding a new genre to her mix.

Considering she still is touring arenas with a good amount of dates every year, that she is performing live more and more frequently (even if she isn't on TV), that she still is invited to take part in festivals (even some that aren't Avex's) and that she still have top 10 releases, I would say she is doing well enough for someone almost 20 years in the game.

The meaning of being a success or a failure changes depending on how far you are into your career.

And when I say Namie is more of an idol and Ayu more of an artist I'm not saying one is better than the other. I like Ayu way more, but I respect Namie as someone who excels on what she wants to do, and I believe she is quite satisfied on presenting herself on the way she does.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd September 2016, 08:02 PM
too late Initiate

I'm a big fan of her, but hearing this live is just horrible...I can't listen to it fully. Just had to stop and speed the video. What a shame, such a long time she didn't sing "M" but she sings it bad from the begining to the end...
Ayu just has to improve her vocals, and manage carrefully her tour with shorter concerts to get better quality instead of quantity.
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:38 PM
No way to say Initiate

Ayu needs to make a song as great as Free & Easy again.
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:31 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post

I'll never understand when people complain about Ayu's choices (or even her team) blaming her popularity. Ayu, just like Mariah, will always be an A+ celebrity
Exactly. It doesn't matter how poorly her CDs might sell in the future, people will always recognize her name because Ayu is a legend in the industry. Sadly, being a huge success, then having your sales and popularity decrease is just the nature of pop music. Namie, as I say pretty often, is an exception.
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:54 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by errikkutrancex View Post
I'm a big fan of her, but hearing this live is just horrible...I can't listen to it fully. Just had to stop and speed the video. What a shame, such a long time she didn't sing "M" but she sings it bad from the begining to the end...
Ayu just has to improve her vocals, and manage carrefully her tour with shorter concerts to get better quality instead of quantity.
Shorter concerts or smaller amount of concerts won't result in better vocals since her problem is wrong singing technique.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 26th September 2016, 02:22 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Ayu needs to make a song as great as Free & Easy again.

One was enough lol.

Tags
music station, tv show