[Koda Kumi] The 188th Thread - NEW DOUBLE ALBUM ► W FACE inside/outside - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2017, 04:26 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
That's true here. But not in an ayu thread. You can't say anything remotely negative about anything without getting insulted. It's ridiculous.
It's a shame people feel like that because I like when people actually discuss things, but with how passionate people get about their music and with how different text tone can be interpreted as opposed to how someone originally meant it, I suppose it's inevitable. But I encourage everyone to keep trying to bring up topics for discussion.

As for Koda, I would really love a darker (?) sound like from KINGDOM since I felt that tone was really unique in the J-Pop world at the time. I feel like there's been less inspiration in her work ever since JAPONESQUE... but it's not like I don't like her new stuff, I just like it in a different way. I'm just glad she's still bringing out music too There's no one else like Koda around for me.
Old 2nd March 2017, 05:29 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
I personally like the direction she's going, there are some missteps here and there, like CRANK THA BASS, LIFE so GOOD!! and some others, but for me the overall experience has been quite exciting and good.
I may be a horrible person but those songs are like my two favorites from each album xd

I don't know, I feel like even if her music style keeps changing, her songs still have that unique thing that makes me want to listen to them. As imaging any other artist singing that same song and couldn't feel as fun or enjoyable as hers.

Ultraviolet for example I was like wtf was going on, but then the full song just changed my mind and now I cant stop listening (that bridge is so kpop-ish<3). Then comes Wicked Girls, and no wonder it's the same producer of Winner Girls cause it's fun af, at some parts it sounds like ayu's sexy little things which I aslo love.

The inside part is obviously jpop realness. And as Gustavo said, I'm glad it's sounding more simple and mature, instead of sounding like her old ''generic'' sound from ai no uta to koishikute.

Just visually I think it's her best effort at doing her worst xd

IG | YT | PR

Old 2nd March 2017, 09:21 AM
YOU Initiate

Sorry if this has been posted already but I just realised almost all of her discography is now on Spotify. Yay! When did that happen?

Old 2nd March 2017, 11:08 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu's dancers (and ex-dancers like UG here) already got their copies:

Spoiler:

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 2nd March 2017, 02:01 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Her style was a good balance of J-POP and western influences, songs that wouldn't really be possible on western radar. Now however the J-POP-ness in her music is almost nonexistent. Mostly due to her very common usage of western produced back tracks that she buys and overlays lyrics onto. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but she certainly doesn't have the same amount of access to the "good" tracks that say, Beyoncé would. She her options, imo, are on the cheaper side. Her brand is stronger in Japan, so she'd get far better productions by using Japanese producers (in theory).

The layering of her music from the golden era of J-POP is largely gone, and I find her tracks to sound a bit hollow.

Obviously this won't be the case for everything. But I hope what I wrote makes sense.

And many of you are super fans, so it's very hard to disappoint you. Which is a great thing. But to not be able to see where other people are basing their opinions on is kind of a problem. Living in a bubble surrounded by people with the same ideals would be bad for anyone lol.

So while you may disagree (again, that's fine!) at least try to see our point of view lol.
You deserve a day full of amazing things because of this post. You said everything.

I miss her jpopness in her songs. Sometimes I think I judge her too much, but other times I feel like 90% of people in this thread don't really have a critical eye to her music andd would love an album full of her farts.

It's not that this unconditional love is a bad thing, I just believe that if you want to listen to good western sounding music there are plenty of artists out there to give you the right songs, not Kumi.

I continue checking her news because of the love I once had for her music, because nowadays she doesn't remind me at all of the Kumi I adored back in the day.

Old 2nd March 2017, 02:14 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
You deserve a day full of amazing things because of this post. You said everything.

I miss her jpopness in her songs. Sometimes I think I judge her too much, but other times I feel like 90% of people in this thread don't really have a critical eye to her music andd would love an album full of her farts.

It's not that this unconditional love is a bad thing, I just believe that if you want to listen to good western sounding music there are plenty of artists out there to give you the right songs, not Kumi.

I continue checking her news because of the love I once had for her music, because nowadays she doesn't remind me at all of the Kumi I adored back in the day.
You complain too much.
Old 2nd March 2017, 02:17 PM
Trauma Initiate

^Right back at ya, Mr. Believe-In-Your-Dreams. Just read your signature to further comment.

Old 2nd March 2017, 03:44 PM
independent Initiate

I guess we'll have to wait for the albums to drop to watch Bassline & Promise you MVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossbarney2003 View Post
Sorry if this has been posted already but I just realised almost all of her discography is now on Spotify. Yay! When did that happen?
They've started adding her music to Spotify a few weeks ago.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 2nd March 2017, 04:00 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I didnt realize her new songs were up on Spotify till today. I actually loved both of Inside's songs!
Old 2nd March 2017, 04:02 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post

I feel like most of this could be applied to any super fan, though. Again, it's all about what you are looking for in music and your personal tastes. Who said we listen to Kuu for her Western sounding music? You are free to dislike Kuu for your personal reasons and judge her, and no one should be throwing bricks at you for it. But, at the same time you should extend the same courtesy. You don't know what people look for in music. Not everyone cares about the same things. Why is this even still a conversation? ITS ALL RELATIVE!!! There is no right or wrong answer!!!

introduce a little anarchy

Old 2nd March 2017, 04:59 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
You complain too much.
Old 2nd March 2017, 05:43 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

People missing jokes like Neo missing bullets

As an aside, there's a way to express your opinion on something without talking down to people with a different one. It usually leads to better discussions as well.
Old 2nd March 2017, 08:00 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

As for Koda, I would really love a darker (?) sound like from KINGDOM since I felt that tone was really unique in the J-Pop world at the time. I feel like there's been less inspiration in her work ever since JAPONESQUE... but it's not like I don't like her new stuff, I just like it in a different way. I'm just glad she's still bringing out music too There's no one else like Koda around for me.
I agree with all of this! The bolded statement is a feeling of mine you articulated perfectly.
Old 2nd March 2017, 08:12 PM
independent Initiate

^Can we please have Under -episode 2- that song is perfection. Whoever composed it need to compose for Kumi again.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 2nd March 2017, 09:52 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
but those songs are like my two favorites from each album xd
Yes, I love these songs too!
Old 3rd March 2017, 12:21 AM
Initiate

Here the composers list for W FACE inside&outside:

W FACE ~outside~

1. W FACE 00:03:17
By Andrew Goldstein, Jesse St. John, Lola Blanc
Lyrics: Koda Kumi

2. Ultraviolet 00:03:43
Work: Sean Alexander

3. Insane 00:03:10
Written by: Che Pope, Ronny Svendsen, Anne Judith Wik, Rewan Riko, Claus Holm

4. Damn real 00:04:14
Composition: AVA1ANCHE, Ryohei Yamamoto

5. Heartless 00:03:35
Works: Lindy Robbins, Emanuel Kiriakou, Shanna Crooks

6. Bassline 00:03:17
Writer: Che Pope, Nemin Harambasic, Ronny Svendsen, Anne Judith Wik,

7. Shhh! 00:03:17
Work by Jamie Sellers

8. Bangerang 00:03:23
Writing: Viktoria Hansen, Levi Lennox

9. Wicked Girls 00:02:41
Lyrics: Yuka Otsuki, Kumi Koda
Composition: Yuka Otsuki

10. Cupcake feat.AKLO 00:02:13
Song: Kumi Koda, AKLO
Lyrics: Kumi Koda, AKLO

W FACE ~inside~

1. BRIDGET SONG 00:03:59
Lyrics: Hi-yunk
Composition: Hi-yunk
Arrangement: Hi-yunk

2. Bring It On 00:03:08
Lyrics: Koda Kumi, BACK - ON
Composition: BACK-ON
Arrangement: BACK-ON

3. Yorokobi no Kakera 00:04:25
Lyrics: Koda Kumi, Morimoto Yasushiro
Composition: Yoshinori Mori
Arrangement: Masanori Shimada

4. Stand by you 00:05:49

5. Sukideshita 00:03:54
Lyrics: Koda Kumi, Inoue Shinjiro
Composition: Shinjiro Inoue
Arrangement: Atsushi Yuasa

6. Kimi Omoi 00:05:16
Lyrics: Kumi Koda, Yoko Katsukaya
Composition: Yoko Kuzatani, Mitsumi Shiokawa, SAYALA
Arrangement: Mitsumi Shiokawa, Shika Ichi

7. On my way 00:04:41
Composition: Ryuji Yamamoto
Arrangement: Shinjiro Inoue

8. What's Up 00:03:19
Composition: Kazuhiko Yamamoto
Arrangement: Kenichi Asozo , Hi-yunk

9. Promise you 00:04:37
Lyrics: Koda Kumi, Hi - yunk

10. My fun 00:04:02
Lyrics: Koda Kumi, CHARA
Composition: CHARA
Arrangement: CHARA

W FACE inside is 100% japanese work. Hi-yunk is also the composer of All for you and LIFE so GOOD!!

Last edited by kaled kalil; 3rd March 2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 3rd March 2017, 12:57 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
10. My fun 00:04:02
Lyrics: Koda Kumi, CHARA
Composition: CHARA
Arrangement: CHARA
Oh, this is awesome. I'm looking forward to this
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:43 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

How cool that Cupcake and My fun are complete collabos between Kuu and AKLO/Chara! And Bring It On done by BACK-ON!
Damn real is by Japanese composers as well.
I really hope the albums leak this weekend!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 3rd March 2017 at 04:46 AM.
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:24 AM
Initiate

Kumi will perform Ultraviolet on Good Time Music next week!

Old 3rd March 2017, 11:25 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

She's also performing On My Way! Two performances

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Closed Thread

Tags
hottest asian artist, koda kumi, kumi koda, queen of live