Life, one of the most underrated Ayu songs ever? - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st June 2009, 03:29 PM
As if.. Initiate

Life to me is one of those songs that comes and goes rapidly, the first few days/weeks you listen to it but then it's forgotten. It's not like some of Ayumi's other songs that I still find myself listening to even though they are many years old.

--- as for Guilty, I think Guilty would've been more popular released to only the right category of people. I listen to everything and I like Guilty it's different from stuff shes done in the past. It's one of the songs I listen to while mowing the grass.
Old 1st June 2009, 04:51 PM
count down Initiate

^ Lmao if it's so, wouldn't your grass be drowned... I mean GUILTY is so emotional and raw... mowing grass... I think you would listen to glitter or something whilst doing that~

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd June 2009, 05:34 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmAyumi1992 View Post
Endless Sorrow.

I don't like to watch the PV and automatically hate the song. In the PV, there's no Ayu. I feel like want to crush my computer screen because I had waited excitedly to watch the PV. But I don't see any Ayu's face in the PV. So, I hate the song very much until now.
Well, there's a lot of short of posters for the single through it, and Ayu appears at the end to pick up the feather

I don't think the PV can work with Ayu in it, unless she was the priest on the tower, or someone who had their vocal chords removed

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 3rd June 2009, 08:14 AM
count down Initiate

Endless sorrow's PV is just different from her normal PVs... she's not "part of the story" there... she's like the narrator, and voicing the thoughts/opinions of the boy.

It's beautiful.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 9th June 2009, 10:58 AM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
EnergizE
NEXT LEVEL
Curtain Call
Wtf?!

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 27th April 2010, 10:06 PM
winding road Initiate

It's kinda old thread, but who cares.

Talking about very underrated songs... I'm amazed that no one noticed forgiveness... It's like everyone forgot about its existence. And it makes weird situation: this song was a single, was promoted, had performances etc. And, personally, I'll always fight to keep attention on this song, because it's my favourite from Ayu. I can't understand why it's in this place where it is in the fandom.
Old 28th April 2010, 04:17 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post

Talking about very underrated songs... I'm amazed that no one noticed forgiveness... It's like everyone forgot about its existence. And it makes weird situation: this song was a single, was promoted, had performances etc. And, personally, I'll always fight to keep attention on this song, because it's my favourite from Ayu. I can't understand why it's in this place where it is in the fandom.
I didn't realise it was so disliked by fans! It's one of my favorite songs from her! AND it's in my Top 10 PVs. Just. what. ;-;

*puts said song on*

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 28th April 2010, 04:19 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It came the month [or two] after & so people were sort of like "eh" about it, I guess.

It's one of my favorite ballads... people just don't mention it much like RAINBOW.
Old 28th April 2010, 04:23 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I respectfully disagree with the majority of your list. There is a reason nobody talks about them much.
Old 28th April 2010, 04:26 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post

Agree 100% o__O It is really awkward, especially since it was her "30th single" and a big deal was made and A MUSEUM was made ~technically~ because of forgiveness... (not the song itself, but the single that it was on, so yeah )

It's also in my top 5 Ayu songs, and tied with Memorial address for favourite ballad ever XD
Old 28th April 2010, 04:31 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo View Post
I respectfully disagree with the majority of your list. There is a reason nobody talks about them much.
I respectfully disagree with your opinion, as the last album you "appreciated" was I am.... which was released when most of us were still in elementary school.

I would say my list for underratedness was formed based on dislike of songs + ignoring of certain songs' existences.

RAINBOW / forgiveness sort of aren't underrated imo as usually when they're brought up for whatever reason, people are positive.

That doesn't happen for ANGEL'S SONG, Life, Born To Be..., and basically all of RAINBOW as an whole, haha.
Old 28th April 2010, 09:35 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I love most of the songs on that list.

I don't think that they're that underrated, I just think they get eclipsed by better songs...because honestly...while I would love to say that they are so great as to be so underrated and under appreciated...

I could most definitely find a song on each on of those songs' respective albums that are better than those songs lol or that are more memorable at least, if we want to stay away from comparing songs that way.

Maybe the fact that they're eclipsed makes them underrated...but idk, when I think of underrated, I think of songs that are generally disliked, or not given enough credit...I guess they go together...

but these ones...I mean, I don't think it's as much as the fault of the listeners....because say for example, as much as I absolutely love no more words...I think I'd choose "M" over it any day lol And I think people do that without realising sometimes.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 28th April 2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:57 AM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I respectfully disagree with your opinion, as the last album you "appreciated" was I am.... which was released when most of us were still in elementary school.
I would say my list for underratedness was formed based on dislike of songs + ignoring of certain songs' existences.

RAINBOW / forgiveness sort of aren't underrated imo as usually when they're brought up for whatever reason, people are positive.

That doesn't happen for ANGEL'S SONG, Life, Born To Be..., and basically all of RAINBOW as an whole, haha.
Nice comeback; you're awesome

But I must say most of the songs on the underrated list, Life, Born To Be..., ANGEL'S SONG, GUILTY and some others, are actually songs I really really love. I can understand why some of them are underappreciated; some if listened in context of an album are overshadowed by greater songs. But of course, this doesn't stop me from enjoying each song individually either. Life is considered nothing next to Mirrorcle World, and yet I still love and appreciate Life.

GUILTY while being great in its own right, is covered by songs like talkin' 2 myself, Together When... or (especially) Marionette.

I think the songs on that list are underrated generally, but with a good amount of people that do love them, maybe not all the songs but maybe most of them.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:14 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

I do not respect you taking my words out of context and putting others in my mouth and then using that as a foundation of an argument. I suggest you reevaluate.
Old 29th April 2010, 02:28 AM
rainy day Initiate

Totally. It's so damn FRESH! I love it! I loved it the minute I downloaded it.

So great to listen to on a Spring day. Just nice and warm, maybe a slight breeze. Sun shining. I always would listen to it after school on my walk home. It's so grand.
Old 29th April 2010, 06:29 AM
WE WISH Initiate

oh my... i can't believed i love all those underrated songs that truehappiness listed~!
Old 20th November 2013, 04:10 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Underratedness!

We are back here again. It seems as though there are some new tracks that are a bit underrated/forgotten as always in addition to the ones that I'd previously listed before.

- Last Links
- meaning of Love
- Thank U
- Sweet Season
- ANother song
- Why...
- beloved
- call
- Letter
- Gloria (well basically LOVE again in general, really)

Though for the more recent tracks, I'm not entirely sure since it hasn't been too long...
Old 20th November 2013, 06:03 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I forgot Life even existed. That and some song called Two of Us?....I think...lol. I cant even think of what they sound like and thats unusual for me since I know all of ayu's songs well lol

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 20th November 2013, 10:34 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

^ It was the b-side to Depend on you

So easy to forget the b-sides lol
Old 6th March 2015, 08:16 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I still stand by Life being probably one of her most underrated/underappreciated tracks in her discography. I hope she does it during a non-TV live one day.

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, life, song, underrated