[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2019, 08:14 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_King View Post
I live for BUBBLE TROUBLE!
Imagine: BUBBLE TROUBLE ~SOAP is ALL~ as the main promo Track

She should do this exact that way lol
I love you right now for writing this LLLLOOOLLLL
Old 20th March 2019, 10:52 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
I'm so desperate for a full album with actual video clips and real promos that I kinda want these to happen
Lol, to be fair, we'll take what we can get!

Last edited by mi|kshake; 20th March 2019 at 10:54 PM.
Old 20th March 2019, 11:06 PM
poker face Initiate

If only they (finally) released A BEST 3 (and throw a never released song or two on it) and she had another two-year tour around this theme, making the most of her 20th Anniversary for the third consecutive year. I guess touring with TROUBLE again is what makes it difficult to digest and it sounds like it could be quite easily to solve by simply getting a new name or reusing another concept.
Old 21st March 2019, 10:47 AM
Because of You Initiate

Updated:

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 21st March 2019, 11:22 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

^ EGG IN TROUBLE is an epic win! Hardcore electro-rock opera
Old 21st March 2019, 01:37 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Updated:

I am dying, but TROUBLE LOVER.....I will not survive that one.
Old 21st March 2019, 07:13 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Ayu sure spoiled her fans a lot during her peak Like some people said, it's not that unusual for artists to release new music once every few years (especially when they're not at their peak anymore).

One of the posts here made me think though... It could be a budget issue too. I mean avex wouldn't be the first company to not allow their artist to release music. And from business perspective, reinvesting profit (earned from concerts, in ayu's case) into something unprofitable (new music in ayu's case) is not very wise, basically just a waste of money, which most companies would like to do
Old 21st March 2019, 10:02 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
I love her so much so my disappointment really tears my heart apart but I can't help feeling the way I do.
Agreed. I hate being disappointed about her recent decisions to keep touring the way she is without releasing new music because I do love her so much that I want to HEAR from her more, you know? Her lyrics in her songs give us an insight into who Ayu really is. I get that you could argue that you still get to see into some of what makes her who she is during her concerts, but at the same time, I feel like with her most recent tours, it's more about just "entertaining" and I question whether or not we're really seeing what Ayu really wants to put out there or if she's just going through the motions because she's not feeling inspired anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
The most disappointing thing for me is more that we're not hearing from Ayu herself. The reasons for no more new music, or why the tour isn't getting a new theme. If she wants to focus on touring and is particularly inspired by TROUBLE or doesn't have the funding for a different theme, then all power to her since it's her career, but it's just radio silence.

I know that sounds whiny and entitled, but it's my honest opinion on this. I'd love to have any kind of insight on her latest creative and professional choices. It feels like her heart isn't there anymore in her work and she is continuing touring to both connect to her fans, and because retirement just doesn't appeal to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Well this is very disappointing. I was so looking forward to the end of the touring and Ayu returning to making a full length album with PVs. But now she is going on a new tour for months. Then what? CDL TROUBLE 2019-2020? TROUBLE is her weakest release of her career. I don't get this decision, so I guess misunderstood is a good title.

I'm reaching a point of apathy towards Ayu's work. These days I kind of just sit here and wait to see what she does next. I feel similar to Koumori with the "radio silence". Having some insight to Ayu's creative process would make a difference. Hopefully the upcoming magazine interview will be filled with insight.

It looks like Ayu really has become an entertainer now. I don't see the artist side of her anymore and that is what is most upsetting for me personally as a fan.
But it's still early and there may be further announcements in the future. I'm frustrated but I still am trying to be optimistic and hoping for the best.
And yes there will be a negative reaction to this news. I think I can confidently say that most international fans did not want Ayu to go on yet another tour this year. Not all fans are going to be happy about this. It happens. So please spare us the virtue signaling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I think she became a businesswoman who focuses on earning money by constant touring. Maybe because she knows that there's only so much time left before she becomes completely deaf. Maybe she also wants to enjoy fans' attention while she still can get it. I feel it's a about putting on a show and making money. It's not about music IMO. When you care about music, you take singing lessons, you try to improve your singing skills. I haven't seen any improvement for years to be honest. It's all about visuals and theatrics.
As for making new songs, I've stated this before, she has written tons of lyrics. Maybe she reached the point she no longer has something new to say, at least on a regular basis. She doesn't HAVE to release anything, it's not like she has a contract between her and her fans.
I wouldn't call her lazy, she's always proven to be a hardworking person. Maybe she's just not invested in some things fans expect from her.
EXACTLY. I feel like she hasn't "spoken" to her fans in a long time about her true feelings because she's to the point where she was just tired of getting hate all the time. I can't blame her for feeling that way. It does seem like she's the Internet's new punching bag just for existing and still trying to do what she loves. I just feel so disconnected from her these past couple of years and it makes me so sad because I still have this glimmer of hope in my heart that she'll pique my interest again by concentrating on her creative muses with making new songs/albums/PV's. But I just can't help but feel like she's not interested or inspired to do that at this point in her life right now. And if that's true, so be it, but I would love to hear it from the woman herself so I understand what's really going on. I guess for now, I'll just have to be happy with the fact that she's still around doing SOMETHING and hasn't just disappeared. She must still care obviously, but I can't help but feel like she's kind of at a loss as to what she wants her next direction to be.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 22nd March 2019, 12:50 AM
Curtain call Initiate

People just can’t accept the fact that she’s doing whatever she likes, she doesn’t owe us anything.
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:58 AM
still alone Initiate

I was actually thinking lately that ever since Made In Japan Ayu has been into the whole secretive mysterious approach. Made In Japan was a surprise album release and the tour had a surprise appearance from Gackt. Then she called her tour Just the beginning, a vague title for sure. Just the beginning of what we wondered? WORDS was also a bit of a surprise no? Then TROUBLE had all those mysterious tracks uploaded to Spotify and the previews uploaded on social media. She has been taking this secretive approach since 2016 and I think it's not a good long term strategy. I think fans would be a lot more understanding if she just came out and said at some point, "I will only be focusing on the stage for the time being. I currently have no plans for an upcoming album."
I would also like to add that yes it is true that many artists take years between albums, that's normal. But it is not normal for Ayu, not at all. I felt that way years ago but now that it's 2019 it's concerning. I think as fans we deserve some answers.
Old 22nd March 2019, 05:08 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I always think there's a lot of entitlement going around...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd March 2019, 08:58 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I always think there's a lot of entitlement going around...
This type of comment doesn’t help dispel the negativity either, just saying.
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:44 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

It's an Ayu forum where people can speak their minds about what they would like, ideally, from one of their favourite artists. I'm honestly over people claiming that it's entitled at this point when there's a lot of members going to pains to describe how they don't want anything but some insight into her creative vision or thoughts on the future, which only shows fan investment

We can all discuss this better and be more understanding. Baiting for more trouble () isn't what the fanbase should be doing right now.
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:03 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
People just can’t accept the fact that she’s doing whatever she likes, she doesn’t owe us anything.
Actually that is not entirely true, the fact that she can keep doing what she likes (being on stage) is because she has got supportive fans who go to her tours and buy her merch. If there was no Ayu there would be no fans but the other way round applies too, if there were no fans left Ayu would be forced to stop her carreer, the general public has stopped caring about her a long time ago so she entirely relies on her fanbase. If she doesn't want her fanbase to shrink she has to please her fans.

I wonder what the japanese fans reaction was regarding this tour announcement.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 22nd March 2019, 12:16 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
I wonder what the japanese fans reaction was regarding this tour announcement.
I've only looked at the comments on the Twitter announcement, but pretty much like here.
Some are simply happy she's (still) touring, but others just don't understand her.
The leading comment with most likes is something like " again another tour without an album. I'd prefer new music compared to a tour".
Some are also asking what the misunderstood part is supposed to mean and are confused.
And none of those comments sound bad, just concerned and disappointed.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 22nd March 2019, 01:08 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Thank you! So even the people (at least those who expressed their opinion on twitter) who get to go to her tours are disappointed.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 22nd March 2019, 01:55 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Actually that is not entirely true, the fact that she can keep doing what she likes (being on stage) is because she has got supportive fans who go to her tours and buy her merch. If there was no Ayu there would be no fans but the other way round applies too, if there were no fans left Ayu would be forced to stop her carreer, the general public has stopped caring about her a long time ago so she entirely relies on her fanbase. If she doesn't want her fanbase to shrink she has to please her fans.
Agree and need to add. Being a musician or performer as ayu is also a job. More creative and free than regular manager for example, but still job that need to be done until she stop this part of her career.
Old 22nd March 2019, 05:03 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I've only looked at the comments on the Twitter announcement, but pretty much like here.
Some are simply happy she's (still) touring, but others just don't understand her.
The leading comment with most likes is something like " again another tour without an album. I'd prefer new music compared to a tour".
Some are also asking what the misunderstood part is supposed to mean and are confused.
And none of those comments sound bad, just concerned and disappointed.
Perfect explanation for the tour name. Some people don't understand or misunderstand her.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 23rd March 2019, 12:14 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
It's an Ayu forum where people can speak their minds about what they would like, ideally, from one of their favourite artists. I'm honestly over people claiming that it's entitled at this point when there's a lot of members going to pains to describe how they don't want anything but some insight into her creative vision or thoughts on the future, which only shows fan investment

We can all discuss this better and be more understanding. Baiting for more trouble () isn't what the fanbase should be doing right now.
The thing is maybe she currently has nothing to say. Maybe she doesn’t have a vision and has no idea what awaits nor what she would like to do or how to handle her career in the future. She had a mini album released less than a year ago. Let’s give her some time and see what happens. It’s not like she hasn’t released anything in 5 years.

There also might be things she doesn’t feel comfortable sharing with everyone that she might be going through. So I think the entitlement does happen to an extent.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 23rd March 2019, 12:55 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
There also might be things she doesn’t feel comfortable sharing with everyone that she might be going through. So I think the entitlement does happen to an extent.
Yup, I’m getting that sense too. Ayu’s Losing her hearing completely and while some might think this isn’t a big deal it is. Hearing loss signifies the end of her career.. She’s going through hell right now, there’s no way with the way ayu loves music that this isn’t hitting her hard.

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020