Chances of Dome Tour 2001 getting an HD blu-ray release? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 18th May 2016, 01:03 AM
still alone Initiate

Chances of Dome Tour 2001 getting an HD blu-ray release?

I have been thinking lately since Ayu just had her 15th anniversary of A Best, maybe there is a chance of a Dome Tour rerelease? I would really love to have it on blu-ray and in HD. I have the dvd of it and always felt that the picture quality was not the best. (and it is an official copy) I always wonder why it has never been remastered because it was an iconic moment in her career. What do you think?

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 4th August 2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:25 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

I just so happened to see this thread here and for some strange reason, it wasn't coming up as a thread that needed to be approved so it got overlooked... Really sorry about that!

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 4th August 2016, 09:42 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think we saw some "HD" footage during an anniversary broadcast of stuff from all concerts but even that wasn't fantastic. I believe if they had HD footage of something, they've released it, but I suppose we'll see in the coming anniversary if they rerelease anything else.

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th August 2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 4th August 2016, 10:49 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskinillusion View Post
I just so happened to see this thread here and for some strange reason, it wasn't coming up as a thread that needed to be approved so it got overlooked... Really sorry about that!
Wow I posted this a while ago. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think we saw some "HD" footage during an anniversary broadcast of stuff from all concerts but even that wasn't fantastic. I believe if they had HD footage of something, they've released it, but I suppose we'll see in the coming anniversary if they rerelease anything else.
Well I admit that I am certainly no expert on this kind of thing but, it would all depend on the source material. Whether her shows are recorded on film or digital.
If they are on film then all they need to do is perform an HD scan of the film and it's HD blu ray ready for the most part. However, if they were filmed digitally it's a different story. Whatever resolution they were filmed in back then is now permanent. The best they could do is create an upscale to 1080p and maybe adjust certain qualities in the picture.
Sadly I think you are correct. They likely would have released something by now. That makes me think that her old concerts were filmed digitally in SD. I know there was a re-release of some of her more recent concerts on blu ray like Countdown 07-08 for example. But they were probably filmed in digital HD so they were able to put them on blu ray.
I guess we will see if anything happens in the future.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 5th August 2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:41 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Surely she will release a mega boxset with all her lives in HD

When is the question

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!

Tags
ayu concerts, blu-ray, dome tour