[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 27 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th May 2019, 07:28 PM
SURREAL Initiate

While I really like this discussion and there are many interesting points to read, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it
Old 5th May 2019, 08:45 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

i guess we all have that time in our lives that we are not proud of. i think, during aone (continuing) she has changed again and its so nice to see her happy again. she is happy, she is doing what she loves. is it good for her health? i dont think so, but she is happy and that is what we should be thankful for.
Old 5th May 2019, 09:03 PM
Two of us Initiate

Has anyone mentioned that theres a different set list for Day 2?
time for new thread..
Old 5th May 2019, 09:19 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealA View Post
Has anyone mentioned that theres a different set list for Day 2?
time for new thread..
No? Was there?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th May 2019, 09:47 PM
still alone Initiate

The conversation is really interesting but calling her a "has been" seems a bit unnecessary. I agree with so much here except that Ayu has performed quite a few songs from her discography when you look at the big picture. But it sometimes feels like it's the same songs. The list posted earlier shows the reality I think.
I personally feel the brand of Ayumi Hamasaki is poorly run the past few years. I don't understand what Ayu/avex is thinking anymore. As a fan I just feel confused and disconnected.
Old 5th May 2019, 09:58 PM
Love song H-Initiate

for the second day setlist was the same
Old 6th May 2019, 06:19 AM
appears Initiate

I didn't intend to encourage the thread to be derailed, but it really looks like we're all mostly on the same page about things. I'd love Ayu to either take time completely away from her career and come up with something that feels fresh and engaging for her, or to really just stop touring and set up a residency where she can perform to her heart's content. I just don't like the headlining tours without anything else going on in her career. I mean, if Koda can still find some excitement after 60 singles and 17 albums, I'm just hard-pressed to think anything but that Ayu maybe... doesn't care...? I know that sounds harsh, but considering Namie just outright said, "Yeah, this isn't as rewarding as it used to be" and retired. And that Utada took nearly 6 years off to do a radio show and other stuff before coming back with a refreshing approach to her career. It's just hard to believe that Ayu is just starved for inspiration and not just at a point where she doesn't want to come out and say, "Hey guys, I actually don't care about doing anything new anymore. TROUBLE was too much work as it was." I'd totally respect her for doing so, but the silence is deafening and frustrating on this.

-> <-
Old 6th May 2019, 07:37 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Had someone who new nothing about Ayu's career read those kind of complains, they would believe she had not released anything in the past 5-10 years...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th May 2019, 10:56 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Had someone who new nothing about Ayu's career read those kind of complains, they would believe she had not released anything in the past 5-10 years...
that's the point! Ayu spoiled us with new music each year but this is a unicum in music industry. yes even in Japanese music industry
She have a surprisingly high quality average considering her big discography, let give her a break.
A part from this she is doing very good, I still think that "Made in Japan" is one of her best album!

Last edited by Kuronekomi; 7th May 2019 at 10:00 PM. Reason: grammar! what else
Old 8th May 2019, 09:17 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I didn't intend to encourage the thread to be derailed, but it really looks like we're all mostly on the same page about things. I'd love Ayu to either take time completely away from her career and come up with something that feels fresh and engaging for her, or to really just stop touring and set up a residency where she can perform to her heart's content. I just don't like the headlining tours without anything else going on in her career. I mean, if Koda can still find some excitement after 60 singles and 17 albums, I'm just hard-pressed to think anything but that Ayu maybe... doesn't care...? I know that sounds harsh, but considering Namie just outright said, "Yeah, this isn't as rewarding as it used to be" and retired. And that Utada took nearly 6 years off to do a radio show and other stuff before coming back with a refreshing approach to her career. It's just hard to believe that Ayu is just starved for inspiration and not just at a point where she doesn't want to come out and say, "Hey guys, I actually don't care about doing anything new anymore. TROUBLE was too much work as it was." I'd totally respect her for doing so, but the silence is deafening and frustrating on this.
Yeah Koda has just created a concept out of recycling her existing tours and everyone’s going shit crazy over her original idea. I can’t. I really can’t. Hands down Ayu has the most ungrateful international fan base among the JPOP divas.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 8th May 2019, 10:14 PM
Initiate

^ Why are you so bitter tho? It's the first time that Kumi is doing this in her career, of almost 20 years, and her fans are celebrating. It's not her fault that she did 40 songs in the last two years, still tours with new ideas and new music. I mean, it's her fault, but this is not a bad thing at all.

I feel that Ayumi is confortable in doing those "legay act" concerts right now, and that's it. I understant how she might not feel inspired to do more music or even listen to music, and at the same time is touring to her fans who wants to see her. Would be beneficial for her to relax a little more and maybe go on hiatus? No one knows since she said so many times that she loves to work and loves to be on stage, who knows if it could be bad for her.
Old 9th May 2019, 06:32 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Well... It is true that Kumi tries harder than Ayu lately, at lease on her studio work. The worst of it is that Ayu's last ''album'' TROUBLE still managed to sell more than Kumi's DNA. I also think on the concert attendees ranking, Ayu also sells more than Kumi.

I am not a Kumi fan, but I acknowledge that she is trying very hard to release new stuff while Ayu is relying on her comfort zone and past material.
Old 9th May 2019, 07:42 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Success is relative to the scales you measure with.
Even if you want to believe those numbers from the concert mobilisation report, Ayu achieved that with three different tours. Which is still awesome she could do after all with her fans!
Kuu only did a FC tour and a small regular tour last year - and over 90% of those dates were sold out, she still played for around 105k people with it.
She surely could have done more dates, but she also has a family and needs time to rest. And she and her team are planning long ahead usually (they roughly planned till 2021 already), that needs time as well.
DNA Tour also had other things going on like a nation-wide cinema release and two time-limited cafes.

And with sales - well, the music market nowadays is too segmented to only rely on physical.
DNA did well enough on streaming sites e.g. it got daily number one on Line Music.
Younger generations tend to not buy physical CDs anymore and Kuu had a viral hit with those last year and the Japanese media reported she gained a lot of young new fans with that.

It's hard to compare cause there are a lot of factors.
But for sure Kuu is on a rise again, while Ayu is relying on her current fanbase.

And the big difference is - Kuu and her team are usually clearly communicating to fans what to expect.
Ayu and her team are not.
That and also a quite unprofessionel approach for certain aspects in recent years.
That's how you disappoint fans.
Or at least that's why I am disappointed.
She doesn't have to constantly tour or release anything.
But be open and professional about it, about your career and brand.
Sorry, just frustration thinking about it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 9th May 2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 9th May 2019, 08:34 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Younger generations tend to not buy physical CDs anymore and Kuu had a viral hit with those last year and the Japanese media reported she gained a lot of young new fans with that.
On Spotify the situation is nearly tied though - Ayu is still in the lead without releasing much with 265k followers, Ku is at 255k.

Quote:
It's hard to compare cause there are a lot of factors.
But for sure Kuu is on a rise again, while Ayu is relying on her current fanbase.
Pure speculation I would say. Ayu does not lack younger audience. Do check the #ayumihamasaki hashtag on Instagram or simply attend one of her concerts. She has both very young and very old fans, with probably the most diverse fan base. And I do agree that it's very hard to compare the sales of a 5-track barely-mini album without a single music video or TV appearances to a full 13-track album with 5 music videos.

Quote:
And the big difference is - Kuu and her team are usually clearly communicating to fans what to expect.
Ayu and her team are not.
That and also a quite unprofessionel approach for certain aspects in recent years.
That's how you disappoint fans.
Or at least that's why I am disappointed.
She doesn't have to constantly tour or release anything.
But be open and professional about it, about your career and brand.
Sorry, just frustration thinking about it.
This is the only point you've made I can agree with a 100%. Ayu's approach to everything lately has been rather unprofessional and nontransparent.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 9th May 2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 9th May 2019, 08:47 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

[QUOTE]On Spotify the situation is nearly tied though - Ayu is still in the lead without releasing much with 265k followers, Ku is at 255k.[/QUOTE)

Spotify is growing in Japan, but it'sn ot the biggest streaming site.
Ayu for sure has more international fans than Kuu, especially Chinese.
Both could influence those numbers.

Quote:
Pure speculation I would say. Ayu does not lack younger audience. Do check the #ayumihamasaki hashtag on Instagram or simply attend one of her concerts. She has both very young and very old fans, with probably the most diverse fan base. And I do agree that it's very hard to compare the sales of a 5-track barely-mini album without a single music video or TV appearances to a full 13-track album with 5 music videos
Actually a divese fan base through all generations is an aspect ALL big artists have. Kuu included. You only have to check the karaoke statistics, which include age.
It's the reason they made it that big in the first place.
But Kuu got a push last year with young fans through that viral hit.
And you really don't want to judge the age of an asian person through hashtags and pics, do you?

And to compare TROUBLE with DNA - Ayu also released two different concerts with it, she held back before, while Kuu is still releasing her concert DVDs regularly.
You could go on like that.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 9th May 2019, 09:02 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

Spotify is growing in Japan, but it'sn ot the biggest streaming site.
Ayu for sure has more international fans than Kuu, especially Chinese.
Both could influence those numbers.

Actually a divese fan base through all generations is an aspect ALL big artists have. Kuu included. You only have to check the karaoke statistics, which include age.
It's the reason they made it that big in the first place.
But Kuu got a push last year with young fans through that viral hit.
And you really don't want to judge the age of an asian person through hashtags and pics, do you?

And to compare TROUBLE with DNA - Ayu also released two different concerts with it, she held back before, while Kuu is still releasing her concert DVDs regularly.
You could go on like that.
When it comes to the international fans, I'd say they both share a fare amount of those. The majority of people I know are fans of both, some grew distant from one or the other in recent years though.

Sure, however we could go on analyze their pics and see they are still in high school etc. Also at the venues it's a lot more obvious, by the way people behave and even though they are Asian, they age, some less obvious than the others And while you can see that Ku had a viral hit, by the number of plays, you see that it hasn't significantly affected her sales (of the rest of her songs). Glad she actually managed to have a hit after her prime though.

And yeah, they have very different approaches to their careers atm which is fine of course. One cannot deny that Kumi is trying harder to keep it going despite of the decline they both had.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th May 2019, 09:13 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Well, I wouldn't judge Asian people and people in general by their looks and their behaviour. You simply can't really tell the age of a person from that, unless pretty young or pretty old.

And as I said Kuu is on a rise - where this is going or when or where this will end nobody knows.
Idk which plays you are counting.
Spotify is not a good way of measuring in this case.
All in all we simply don't have enough solid numbers to compare properly except how they're doing within their own careers and some official statistics and media reports you always have to see in relation.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 9th May 2019, 01:13 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Which kumi song went viral?

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Last edited by Lilly; 9th May 2019 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 9th May 2019, 01:59 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't judge Asian people and people in general by their looks and their behaviour. You simply can't really tell the age of a person from that, unless pretty young or pretty old.

And as I said Kuu is on a rise - where this is going or when or where this will end nobody knows.
Idk which plays you are counting.
Spotify is not a good way of measuring in this case.
All in all we simply don't have enough solid numbers to compare properly except how they're doing within their own careers and some official statistics and media reports you always have to see in relation.
It's as good as any other digital platform, considering the number of users. The streaming services are on the rise in Japan atm, 2018 was the first year the CD sales went down below 100 000 000 (around 83 000 000) in Japan. The viral hit she's had is far from the likes of Pen-pineapple-apple-pen, so I am not expecting her to go into her 2nd peak nor anything. The quality of her works and the over-all production have both shrunk since her prime and unless that changes I would not expect anything drastic. Time will tell.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th May 2019, 02:16 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
It's as good as any other digital platform, considering the number of users. The streaming services are on the rise in Japan atm, 2018 was the first year the CD sales went down below 100 000 000 (around 83 000 000) in Japan. The viral hit she's had is far from the likes of Pen-pineapple-apple-pen, so I am not expecting her to go into her 2nd peak nor anything. The quality of her works and the over-all production have both shrunk since her prime and unless that changes I would not expect anything drastic. Time will tell.
Someone please tell me which song it is.

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020