Heartplace - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 8th June 2011, 01:23 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Heartplace

Hello there!

I am not entirely sure if the question has already been asked before, but 'aight; here we go.

I have been always wondering what the meaning behind Heartplace is. I mean; I know the english translation of the lyrics, but do you guys know if Ayu had an indirect reason to make this song? If it is an symbolic song; what kind of emotion/feeling is it symbolizing? Is it connected with Free & Easy?

I hope you guys can help me out.

Old 8th June 2011, 02:10 AM
July 1st Initiate

From Newsmaker mag, Feb 2003:

Quote:
---Alright, let's bring the topic back to the album, shall we? This time, CREA composed 3 songs herself. One of them, "Heartplace", is the one which struck me as reflecting all your thoughts about NY.

Before I returned from NY, I talked lots with the American staff who were helping me out with this overseas work. Their ways of thinking are essentially different from my Japanese one, so it was really interesting and we had much to talk about. They used Japanese words whenever they could, and I used English whenever I could, that was what our conversation was like. At that time, we talked about how, no matter which country we're in, being free is the greatest joy that humans can have. We were really hyped up about it, and said things like "Freedom is great, isn't it!" In other words, because we are free, we can do whatever we want. Then I thought, "that is what everyone wishes for, isn't it?" At that point, I remembered that I was in the process of producing "Heartplace", so I decided "Yosh! I'll write about freedom!"
I'm sure she talks about it more in other magazines from that era. Just have to search those out~

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 8th June 2011, 08:26 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Thank you very much, I will definetely do research to that.

Old 9th June 2011, 02:49 AM
ayu trance Initiate

well, the whole RAINBOW album is actually about different kinds of freedom so that song really fits the album's idea ^_^
Old 10th June 2011, 03:03 PM
Over Initiate

I wonder how she came up with the title. Is it just good ol' Engrish? XD Or is there a deeper meaning to it? A place where the heart is, for example? I mean, I used to think My Name's WOMEN was just Engrish until it was explained that it was Ayu's way of saying that she's a representative of all women, hence the plural.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai