NEW CONTEST: Design the new AHS logo! - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > Announcements

Notices

Old 14th June 2010, 06:39 AM
Trauma Initiate

Meh, it's 1:36am where I live and I just decided to possibly cook something up in good old Photoshop =)
But one question, should the logo.. say anything? Such as it has to have "AHS" on it.. but I know we're making a logo, but is the logo for the forum or the site. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but at least I'll know XD

Last edited by Mintkisses; 15th June 2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 14th June 2010, 08:07 PM
Rule Protector

^The logo can be anything you want it to be, as long as it follows the rules and says "AHS".
Old 19th June 2010, 02:51 AM
too late Initiate

Just wondering... logo dosen't mean just text? Or you can make it look like a banner/wall/etc? XD
Old 19th June 2010, 03:58 AM
Rule Protector

Well a logo that is just text is technically called a wordmark, but it's accepted too.

What you need to think about is that it will be used on merchandise, so the logo needs to work on a solid colored background, like white or black. You can submit it on any background you want though.
Old 22nd June 2010, 04:26 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Deadline is almost up!
So when will the voting begin? I'm excited to see what everyone's come up with.
de tu puņo y letra
Old 22nd June 2010, 05:28 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Oh, crap, you're right. I forgot the deadline was coming up. We should probably send out some reminders or something...

How are people doing? Do people need more time? I haven't even started my entry.... >_<

And I guess we never got back to any of these questions...hope it's not too late...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintkisses View Post
but I know we're making a logo, but is the logo for the forum or the site. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but at least I'll know XD
It's not for the forum per se. It's for the merchandise, but we could always use it for forum graphics in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_crystal View Post
Can we use Ayumi's Japanese name in the logo?? Or even just "Ayu"?
No, you can't use Ayu's name as per cafepress rules. And just to be safe, I'd stay clear of "Ayu" too. It's a helluva shame, I know. : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by lividlillies View Post
^ To add onto that, would one version of her name be safer than another? Ayu releases everything under "浜崎あゆみ", so would "浜崎歩" be a safer option? (Though she does write her name like that occasionally.)
Well, if you wrote 浜崎歩 it wouldn't really be true to her name and would sort of defeat the purpose. I'd actually stay clear of her name in Japanese more than her romaji one, since that's the one Avex would probably search for first (if they did).

BTW, if you guys have any further questions that you feel need to be answered in quick time (for example, no one in this thread has answered it yet), PM me, as I know more about CafePress and our site with them than the other mods.

Last edited by sugarbasil; 22nd June 2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 22nd June 2010, 05:55 AM
Rule Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
Oh, crap, you're right. I forgot the deadline was coming up. We should probably send out some reminders or something...

How are people doing? Do people need more time? I haven't even started my entry.... >_<
I know, it crept up on me too! I've thrown some ideas around but haven't finished anything yet.

As the deadline gets really close I know I'll get it finished though, I just need that deadline breathing down my neck to get things done, lol I guess a lot of other people are the same way, though I have no idea how many have entered so far. I think 2 months is a fair enough time period though, unless hardly anyone entered. But like I said, I would expect a lot of entries coming in last minute.
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:18 AM
Real me Initiate

Just a reminder to everyone that the deadline for the contest is in 5 days!
Old 27th June 2010, 07:43 AM
Real me Initiate

The deadline is tomorrow guys. Currently we have 11 entries. Please continue to submit!
Old 30th June 2010, 06:39 AM
poker face Initiate

I will have mine turned in by 24 hrs from this post! and before the five day we have left!When will we know its decided who won?

A woman heart is filled with many things! But the people she loves is always on top of everything else

Tags
contest, logo