Ayu's best musical styles? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 6th July 2022, 12:33 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Ayu's best musical styles?

So what do you feel is or are Ayu's best music style(s)?

My first Ayu song was SEASONS so perhaps this is cause for my bias detailed below, but in fact for much of my initial fandom I regarded Ayu as queen of the dancefloor. At this point A Ballads had just released so there was already plenty of variety in her output but somehow LOVEppears for me really defined and characterized Ayu's status as an idol.

In any case, Ayu does plenty more and so much of it she does so well, but if I had to pick one favourite style it'd be those huge power ballads with those glorious choruses. I recently have become infatuated with You were... and damn, this is where I guess for me, more than anything, Ayu really SHINES ✨️ Plenty other such ballads I love dearly: untitled ~for her~, forgiveness, CAROLS, the list goes on. Basically, any song in this vein is an instant like for me.

Other styles I have soft spots for are those dance anthems (Fly high, Boys & Girls, Audience, July 1st, fairyland), the rock out songs with (occassionally slow burning) heavy bursts of power (criminal, (miss)understood, still alone) as well as the special categories as the beautifully understated songs (ever free, rainy day, HANABI) and those rare gems that incorporate some sonically or compositionally more experimental elements (Surreal for me is a prime example, also inclined to lump independent in with this, and in another vein theme of a-nation '03).

Finally everything that successfully (and non-tackily) projects summer vibes I can't help but love. No doubt it has something to do with when I became a fan but everything surrounding Rainbow and H I just love the vibe of (and I associate it heavily with summer, despite its December release). Needless to say I have the forum style set to Rainbow, of course ��

How about you?

Last edited by sxesven; 6th July 2022 at 12:39 AM.