Hamasaki Ayumi and Avex face investigation by Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 25th May 2009, 06:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I have no concern for it.

Basically, it's like that one time when some guy got arrested for taking a ketchup bottle.

I don't really care, haha.

I just like discussing and I get all jittery when people are on the defensive and I'm like "nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."
Old 25th May 2009, 06:58 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

does anyone care to summarize for me what the problem is...because uh...I still don't get it lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 25th May 2009, 07:15 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I have no concern for it.

Basically, it's like that one time when some guy got arrested for taking a ketchup bottle.

I don't really care, haha.

I just like discussing and I get all jittery when people are on the defensive and I'm like "nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."
Okay, so you are here for your own entertainment and shouldn't be taken seriously because you like that jittery feeling. Whatever floats your boat.

I would also mention that I shouldn't be taken seriously either. My views maybe different and one can easily mistake me blaming Ayu. But it's not just that, it's my way of showing concern. And media bias makes me angry that I had to call them on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
does anyone care to summarize for me what the problem is...because uh...I still don't get it lol
I'm sorry, I would but I don't think I should do that anymore. lol
Old 25th May 2009, 07:21 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Okay, so you are here for your own entertainment and shouldn't be taken seriously because you like that jittery feeling.
More misunderstanding.

I like discussing.
Old 25th May 2009, 07:28 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
More misunderstanding.

I like discussing.
Okay, you like discussing. And you have a jittery feeling when someone is defensive. But aren't you here for your own entertainment?

And since you like discussing, what do you want to discuss? You have mentioned that the police is to blame, especially since this occured a month later. Would you feel any different had it been "on time"?
Old 25th May 2009, 07:34 AM
teens Initiate

Post Tokyograph Article

I searched through this thread, and it hasn't been posted yet, so I'll post the Tokyograph article about the incident:

Quote:
Ayu didn't obtain permission for April PR event

Fri, May 22, 2009 (4:21am EDT)

Police are currently investigating a publicity event held last month by pop star Ayumi Hamasaki. She made surprise appearances in Shibuya to promote the release of her new book and new album, and it appears that her manager did not obtain the necessary permit for the event. Now, the case seems to be headed to the prosecutor's office.

The PR event happened on April 7, at the front of the 109 building in Shibuya. Roughly 8,000 people gathered to see Hamasaki, resulting in temporarily blocked roads. Before her appearance at 109, she also paid unexpected visits to a few major record shops, going from store to store by car while some fans followed her on foot.

Even though the events officially took place in stores, police determined that the scope of the event required a permit for the use of the roads. Because a permit was never obtained, authorities revealed on Thursday that they plan to send the matter to the prosecutor's office in order to further question the manager and Hamasaki herself.

Singer Hiromi Go, attending his own event in Tokyo on Thursday, offered a sympathetic comment about the case. Ten years ago, he was similarly prosecuted for holding an unannounced performance in Shibuya.

Link
Old 25th May 2009, 07:37 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Ayu didn't obtain permission for April PR event
Fri, May 22, 2009 (4:21am EDT)

Police are currently investigating a publicity event held last month by pop star Ayumi Hamasaki. She made surprise appearances in Shibuya to promote the release of her new book and new album, and it appears that her manager did not obtain the necessary permit for the event. Now, the case seems to be headed to the prosecutor's office.

The PR event happened on April 7, at the front of the 109 building in Shibuya. Roughly 8,000 people gathered to see Hamasaki, resulting in temporarily blocked roads. Before her appearance at 109, she also paid unexpected visits to a few major record shops, going from store to store by car while some fans followed her on foot.

Even though the events officially took place in stores, police determined that the scope of the event required a permit for the use of the roads. Because a permit was never obtained, authorities revealed on Thursday that they plan to send the matter to the prosecutor's office in order to further question the manager and Hamasaki herself.

Singer Hiromi Go, attending his own event in Tokyo on Thursday, offered a sympathetic comment about the case. Ten years ago, he was similarly prosecuted for holding an unannounced performance in Shibuya.
Isn't that this article in the first post?

Quote:
Would you feel any different had it been "on time"?
Yes, or at least action before *****ing about it, you know?
Old 25th May 2009, 07:49 AM
teens Initiate

Quote:
Isn't that this article in the first post?
Oops, sorry. I didn't know the thread starter was updating the first post with new stuff.
Old 25th May 2009, 07:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Generally, that's what should be going on here, haha.

I do it all the time.
Old 25th May 2009, 07:58 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^not everyone is you anthy...

remember when i told you to make all the official album threads and stuff because other people suck? yeah

YEAH.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 25th May 2009, 02:56 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelLegend View Post
I have a problem with 2 things: the way Ayu handled the situation and the media. The media I've already discussed before. With Ayu, it would have been nice if she knew how much she is a target of criticism in that situation and how the media can make her simple innocent statements turn bad. And that criticism is so ridiculous it went to the mainstream media. She didn't seem considerate either. I mean if I notice a lot of riots out there, the first thing I'd do is stay in one place just so the riot can be in that one place, not moving. Sometimes it sucks to be famous.
Okay I get it now ^^; Yeah the media can be a *****, but it's not like they haven't twisted situations involving her before. Since the "quote" came from a tabloid, I wouldn't put too much weight on it. They've twisted this whole thing way out of proportion, even to the point we still discuss it way after she's been cleared lol.

Like I said, it's not her job to notice those things. She may have attracted fans while walking around and tipped people off that she was going to be at the event so maybe some fans followed and others went to the event to wait for her. But I highly doubt 8,000 people, or even anywhere close to that amount, followed her from store to store. Because if that were the case, they would have shut the whole thing down, no?

And when she got to the event, it's not like people were burning down buildings and spray painting "HAIL AYU" all over the place. She saw fans, they saw her, everyone went home happy (and safely) until the authorities decided to come into the mix. Since there were no problems, she probably thought everything went according to plan. If there were too many people, the police should have done their job then and handled it and not ***** about it later. That's just my opinion.

I see where you're coming from, but I just think if none of this "permission" bull was brought up, we wouldn't be discussing this as furiously as we had before. I mean we knew 8,000 showed up then, we know it know. The only difference is, now we know that was too many people for that area and it's not her fault lol.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:15 PM
As if.. Initiate

actually, the people who argued on this thread twisted it out of proportions so... dont blame it on the media. people who just cant ignore... tsk tsk.
Old 27th May 2009, 10:07 PM
monochrome Initiate

It was the fans causing a problem, not Ayu herself. While she should consider the responsiblity of thronging fans when she goes out, Ayu's fans shoudl also consider their own repsonsibility not to casue a problem that could make ay look bad. A permit to walk around, though? That's just crazy. She shouldn't need permission just to go out and walk around.
Old 28th May 2009, 07:23 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

that`s really interesting. if anyone is to blame it`s her PR for not obtaining the permits.. but its not their fault for it turning into such a huge event that traffic would be involved. i`m sure, however, they knew it`d be a big event, but didn` think of all the possible outcomes. i like though how go hiromi expresses how he went through something similar, as he is also very popular in japan. if anything, this is something that will fly by quickly.

-BWJ-
Instagram, YouTube, Twitter

Old 28th May 2009, 06:23 PM
ayu trance Initiate

LOL, we're still goin on at this?

like i said, even normal people need some written statement of protection in any event they may reserve an area to hold it, not equal to a "permit". Ayu isn't a complete saint, yet i have no doubt she doesn't have 100% final say in all things that she takes herself to. she has the right to walk around, but her powerful presence needs consideration.

in short, let's all go eat some ice cream! and cut this [crap] out.
Old 29th May 2009, 02:31 PM
immature Initiate

^i like your idea~ (^_^)b

Tags
shibuya, tokyo