Hamasaki Ayumi and Avex face investigation by Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 23rd May 2009, 12:10 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think you're getting a little too into this whole thing, Impact. Haha.
Not really as much as those who defend an opposite point of view from me. I like to read stuff with some criticism and it doesn't matter if it's ayu, or somebody else I respect (or not) [Not saying I'm RIGHT either as I could as well be wrong, but obviously, I'll defend my point of views unless someone is really able to convice me otherwise]. If an artist messes up, I'm not one to take a ride on the mess just because they did it and I LOVE them; and if I notice they're really being unfair on the article, I'll say so. If the police is really after this incident, and it really happened like it's mentioned there, I find it unfair to just come here and say the police did the wrong thing just because I'm an ayu fan and she always has to be perfect and right. On the other hand, even though I think that way, I personally am wishing that she won't get in any serious trouble becuase of this.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 23rd May 2009, 12:11 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

hm...well..i think she's free to walk around...but to promote...might be against the law
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:12 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

dont know what to say about this :| hope everything gets resolved~
Please watch over me.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:12 AM
Voyage Initiate

well, i agree with Impact, but only partlly.

when it comes to events like the promotion of the Diary book, it's a public event and it NEEDS permition.
if Avex didn't get the permition to hold that event there and at that time, then it's only normal for them to sue Ayu/Avex.

on the other had we have them complaining about a mess created by FANS for seeing her comming into 2 major record stores. now THIS is simplly STUPID. it's like saysin she can't go to the supermarket or walk on the street if she wants. she is still a human beeing, no mather how famous she is, and for that she does not need any permition at all.

edit: oh, and one more thing, that promotion was like weeks ago, isn't it SUPERSTRANGE how they're only now making a mess about it??
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:16 AM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
True, but this was a surprise event. I wonder how many people they thought were going to show though.. 900? 1000? At any rate, 8,000 people is like, INSANE and I don't think they could've even had the event if they wanted to if they submitted paperwork and stuff for it and expected that many people.. haha.
Hmmm...not make light of this, but I'm wondering if the cause of this is probably an error in judgment on the PR staff part -- aka underestimate the number of people showing up. AKA the highest number of people they estimated probably would cause a little raised eyebrow in the crowded-ness, but nothing like blocking traffic.

I don't want to be disrespectful to Ayu or anything, but I'm surprised that with the way her sales are going, she still manage to attract 8,000 (That's' more than I hear for Harry Potter's book events and such). 2000 - 2002? probably. But post 2006 - 2007? not really. I'm wondering if her and the PR team thought the same thing.

(and am I the only one who laughed at the article about the part of the rabid fans scaring children?)

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Last edited by Kikaru; 23rd May 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:33 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

How reliable is the magazine FRIDAY? Isn't that the magazine that ruined Ai Kago's career??
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:37 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeyo View Post
How reliable is the magazine FRIDAY? Isn't that the magazine that ruined Ai Kago's career??
Quote:
In late 2006 it was confirmed that the magazine Friday (the same one that provoked Mari Yaguchi's sudden departure from Morning Musume) would publish photos showing Kago smoking. The legal age for smoking in Japan is 20, and Kago had just turned 18 two days prior to the incident. -Tokyograph.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:35 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Some say that the Ai Kago smoking photos were an inside job or something.

Which is to say that they aren't exactly that reliable. Though they are right sometimes, they exaggerate at times, haha. They're very into idol-paparazzi shots.

Oh, and Ayu's staff seemed to have permission to do the event in stores and etc. BUT they didn't have permission to take up all the space that the crowds took. That's what I'm taking out of this, anyway.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:48 AM
Two of us Initiate

This is completley idiotic....She is her own person and she should be able to do what ever she wants.... Heck if walking on a sidewalk is fined then I'd be dead broke by now.... I hope everything pans out. Stupid people just ganging up on Ayu and avex.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:56 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
^ Makes sense, since Real me was from RAINBOW, and it was her first Girl-Power song...

But ironically, Kuu's popularity existed because of the girl power vibe that she gave off with the strong sexual display-whatever-you-wanna-call-it.

Just really interesting though.
Every time ayu does something controversial, she is a lot more "in your face" than Koda.. Even if koda has a very sexual image, she doens't do much more than this... And even so, before Koda doing this stuff, Ayu had alread done some "sexy" stuff like LOVEppears to Rainbow album covers (all of them showed a lot more skin than japanese public was used to).

In the end, Ayu have a lot of sexy stuff, kissed a guy on screen (a chinese one, and there are a lot of problems between Japan and China even nowadays), did a gay video (and not a fetishist one), the "asia is one" thing, the girl power songs and some pvs that criticized some aspects of japanese culture... most of that was done after Rainbow

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 23rd May 2009, 01:56 AM
ayu trance Initiate

It could be someone got hurt and/or they are thinking they could get some money/exploit ayu and avex by making a fuss over what happened and now the police have to follow on the report

Old 23rd May 2009, 01:57 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuTan View Post
This is completley idiotic....She is her own person and she should be able to do what ever she wants.... Heck if walking on a sidewalk is fined then I'd be dead broke by now.... I hope everything pans out. Stupid people just ganging up on Ayu and avex.
they're not getting fined for walking on a sidewalk, lol. they're getting investigated for blocking traffic (could have caused accidents, delaying police+ambulances, etc.)
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:06 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The fans were the ones blocking traffic, not Ayu/the staff.

Which is what I have a problem with. I don't think that they expected THAT many people to show up... hm.
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:13 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
The fans were the ones blocking traffic, not Ayu/the staff.

Which is what I have a problem with. I don't think that they expected THAT many people to show up... hm.
but the fans were there because of their planning/event, so they have to take responsibility. they should have planned it out better or picked a more suitable place.

avex doesn't really use their heads when it comes to most things and this is just another example of that.
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:14 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I dunno, who expects 8,000 people to come to a book release event?

I'd say they were probably expecting MAYBE 1k to 2k at most. I honestly wouldn't have thought such a turnout was possible, but hey, it was. I guess it was because it was Ayu's first appearance since like, LOVEppears or Duty. And it was a secret apparently, so... people weren't really supposed to know..
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:14 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post
this is ridiculous...tsk tsk,

and i totally agree with
Agree with you...
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:19 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
Not really as much as those who defend an opposite point of view from me. I like to read stuff with some criticism and it doesn't matter if it's ayu, or somebody else I respect (or not) [Not saying I'm RIGHT either as I could as well be wrong, but obviously, I'll defend my point of views unless someone is really able to convice me otherwise]. If an artist messes up, I'm not one to take a ride on the mess just because they did it and I LOVE them; and if I notice they're really being unfair on the article, I'll say so. If the police is really after this incident, and it really happened like it's mentioned there, I find it unfair to just come here and say the police did the wrong thing just because I'm an ayu fan and she always has to be perfect and right. On the other hand, even though I think that way, I personally am wishing that she won't get in any serious trouble becuase of this.
In my opinion, Ayu being able to go where she wants and promoting a product are two separate things. She should be allowed to go anywhere she wants without a permit [doesn't she catch trains and do other things like regular people? Or am I mistaken?]. Just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean you need "permission" to go anywhere. Will she attract a crowd? Most likely yes. But if she's willing to deal with that, she should be able to do so without a piece of paper that says, "You can go out to a restaurant tonight," or whatever she wants to do.

However, I do think she would need a permit to promote something in a public area. But seeing as the event wasn't hosted by her, but simply to honor her, I don't feel she's responsible. If she had not shown up, and there were 8,000 people there, who would they blame? In either situation, it's Kodansha. The tricky thing is, however, her visiting record stores. If she decided to do that on her own accord to promote her album/book whatever without permission, she's at fault. But if the record store thing was part of the event Kodansha had planned out, then she's not. So I hope they investigate fairly and straighten things out quickly.
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:21 AM
P.S II Initiate

i dont see the problem, they're just making a fuss because shes ayu
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:25 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
The tricky thing is, however, her visiting record stores. If she decided to do that on her own accord to promote her album/book whatever without permission, she's at fault. But if the record store thing was part of the event Kodansha had planned out, then she's not. So I hope they investigate fairly and straighten things out quickly.
It appears that the record store thing was before the Kodansha-related event, but to be honest, I don't think THAT is what caused the uproar... though I wonder how many artists can randomly cause a riot in less than an hour with their appearance in a CD store..
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:34 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
It appears that the record store thing was before the Kodansha-related event, but to be honest, I don't think THAT is what caused the uproar... though I wonder how many artists can randomly cause a riot in less than an hour with their appearance in a CD store..
Then if that's not what caused the uproar, why are they *****ing at her about it?

I hear about artists holding events all the time and none end up this ridiculous lol. Although it's probably because this one was poorly handled but it still goes to show Ayu's still queen

Tags
shibuya, tokyo