[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A (II) - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th December 2019, 11:03 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^Power of A^3 was held at Saitama super arena, which is big, and didn’t have the band but that gospel chorus lol
I mean, I’d probably enjoy an Ayu show without band as well, as I have enjoyed Namie’s, but I’d be really really upset. For me the live band is one of the reasons (if not the main) for a live show to be great.

Last edited by Toniayu123; 20th December 2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 20th December 2019, 11:29 AM
poker face Initiate

^You're correct, and I can't help but feel A^3 was something different, like a quirky, one-of experiment.

I don't know. I feel CDL is something we can always depend on to be the same formula. I'll eat my hat if the band isn't there.

~Ayu follower since 1999~

Old 20th December 2019, 12:24 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^Power of A^3 was held at Saitama super arena, which is big, and didn’t have the band but that gospel chorus lol
I mean, I’d probably enjoy an Ayu show without band as well, as I have enjoyed Namie’s, but I’d be really really upset. For me the live band is one of the reasons (if not the main) for a live show to be great.
I feel the same way. I went to JTB part 3 and while I did enjoy the show, it felt incomplete, and I actually was kind of upset when I found out there was no band. I did appreciate that they took the time to record “live” backing tracks so it wasn’t just her singing to the cd instrumentals, but I felt like I’d much rather have had the band and no dancers. It was still an enjoyable show, it just bothered me the band wasn’t there because it’s kind of essential for a live show in my opinion.

In contrast to jtb3, POM20 had the band plus the string section and it just had a more live vibe to it. The band and Ayu were interacting, playing fills and stuff...I really enjoyed seeing that one. Whatever disappointment I had with Ayu’s vocals (though I recall her sounding OK most of the show I went to), the band kind of made up for it. Honestly, TROUBLE tour didn’t really appeal to me. I wasn’t a fan of a large part of the setlist. I still probably would have had a good time if I went and saw it in person, but not having the band just kind of diminishes the appeal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfy01 View Post
^You're correct, and I can't help but feel A^3 was something different, like a quirky, one-of experiment.

I don't know. I feel CDL is something we can always depend on to be the same formula. I'll eat my hat if the band isn't there.
You could very well be correct. Didn’t she have the band there for the New Year’s Eve show of jtb part 2? It just wasn’t a CDL. Also, yeah A^3 was kind of weird, but I feel like that was a budget problem. Like they said you can only have 3 out of 4 things and she had to choose between the band, the strings, bonten and the choir.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 20th December 2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 20th December 2019, 06:55 PM
Initiate

Wow, an Ayumi Hamasaki we haven't witnessed before????? lol

Set, courtesy of the always reliable Yoake!
Old 20th December 2019, 07:47 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
The ones where you were allowed to take pictures they specifically mentioned that you could only use your phone, so if the security catches you using the camera they might tell you to stop (and possibly delete your pics), or in the worst case scenario even kick you out (but that's probably if they catch you doing that more than once)
Yeah, I wouldn't try it. This was years ago, but when I brought in a digital camera, not my phone, they confiscated the camera at the door and I had to pick it up after the concert.
Old 20th December 2019, 09:02 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
I I did appreciate that they took the time to record “live” backing tracks so it wasn’t just her singing to the cd instrumentals, but I felt like I’d much rather have had the band and no dancers. It was still an enjoyable show, it just bothered me the band wasn’t there because it’s kind of essential for a live show in my opinion.
What disappointed me more is they didn’t use pre-recorded band tracks for all the songs but some of them is just CD instrumental tracks (like Moments, STEP you). If they have used band tracks for all the songs I would more satisfied. Live band is really essential for me to feel enjoyable when attending a concert as I love how the songs being played by the instrumentals and how they sounds different from original CD version. We can see how the band was placed in other artist’s hall tours such as Koda Kumi and Nishino Kana. Even in Ayu’s TA TOUR 2003 and 2015 there were live band as well so I don't think space is problem to rid the band during hall tour. I’d prefer a simpler stage with band performance rather than a complex stage but no band. (To be honest Ayu’s hall tours’ stage are so boring)
Old 20th December 2019, 09:49 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropass View Post
What disappointed me more is they didn’t use pre-recorded band tracks for all the songs but some of them is just CD instrumental tracks (like Moments, STEP you). If they have used band tracks for all the songs I would more satisfied. Live band is really essential for me to feel enjoyable when attending a concert as I love how the songs being played by the instrumentals and how they sounds different from original CD version. We can see how the band was placed in other artist’s hall tours such as Koda Kumi and Nishino Kana. Even in Ayu’s TA TOUR 2003 and 2015 there were live band as well so I don't think space is problem to rid the band during hall tour. I’d prefer a simpler stage with band performance rather than a complex stage but no band. (To be honest Ayu’s hall tours’ stage are so boring)
Y'know, I never actually noticed that they used the CD instrumentals for some of the tracks, there are some I'd definitely recognize as being from the cd, but moments and step you actually are not on that list. I totally agree that having the band is far preferable to a stage full of dancers. It's a different vibe and I think she's more comfortable having Yoshio there, because if she makes a mistake he can kind of cover for her with a cool guitar lick or a funny face or something (like in CDL 2004-05 when she forgot the words to Trauma). I don't particularly care how the stage is step up, I'm pretty simple to please in that respect, all though cool stages obviously look cool.I care more about the quality of the show as "live show". It's definitely possible for me to enjoy shows in person without a band, like jtb or Namie's Finally tour, but it changes the atmosphere and takes away from the feeling, and it makes it less enjoyable to see on the dvd recording.
Old 21st December 2019, 02:03 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Goods news! It's probably will be show with orchestra team

Old 21st December 2019, 02:55 PM
SEASONS Initiate

And song 4 u omg
Old 21st December 2019, 10:48 PM
Initiate

Maybe it will be like Premium Countdown Live meets Power of Music 2011, a show of that production quality would somewhat justify the crazy high ticket prices at least. Really excited to see the orchestra, this could really be an amazing show!

Last edited by AJFmzk; 22nd December 2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 22nd December 2019, 06:31 AM
opening Run Initiate

Tier 3 is really not popular, 9 days until the show and there are still plenty of tickets available. If that's what happens when she has only 1 show, what would happen if she had 3 as before?

Last edited by Chris85; 22nd December 2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 22nd December 2019, 06:37 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Am I the only one that dislike the band thing? lol

What annoys me is that they can't play the instrumental at least similar to the original

I'm fine with them using CD's instrumentals

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 22nd December 2019, 08:58 AM
BEST Initiate

I think it depends on the song if the band is needed...
For her Dance/EDM Songs it’s better to have the CD version.
For her Ballads and Rock Songs I prefer a real band arrangement.

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 25th December 2019, 07:02 AM
Love song H-Initiate

【CD/DVD&Blu-ray】「ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A」Venue limited campaign

With the purchase of old music products, you'll receive a “New Year's card-style original oversized postcard” on a first-come first-served basis!

You can challenge the lottery once every purchase of 2,500 yen (tax included) for old music items.
[Luxury lottery privilege contents]
* Grand Prize: Autographed poster (10 people)
* Award: Not for sale "LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-" extra large announcement panel (30 people)

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1079779
Old 26th December 2019, 04:51 AM
rainy day Initiate

I really did not notice the band’s absence when I saw her so many times last year and such. However, I was thinking, I do love what the band did with WHATEVER from CDL 04-05.
Old 26th December 2019, 10:31 AM
opening Run Initiate

Additional tickets are on sale:
https://info.y-tickets.jp/order/perf...ets19822679905
As of now tiers 1 and 3. Tier 2 is sold out.
Edit: eveything seems to be sold out when I refreshed the page 1 minute later. Then tier 3 reappeared in limited quantity.

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1079896
<< On the day ticket >>
Scheduled to be
sold at the day ticket counter on the day of the performance.Ticket type
: Tier3: ¥ 12,000-
Sales hours / places From
20:30 on the day of the performance / Day ticket reception
* The number is limited. You may not be able to purchase it. Please note.

Contrary to what I initially thought it wasn't hard to get a ticket despite only 1 show at all, at leat when it comes to tier 3.

Last edited by Chris85; 26th December 2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 26th December 2019, 10:39 AM
I am... Initiate

They also announced they will sell same day tickets at the box office starting at 20:30.
The tickets are for tier 3 and are ¥12,000.
Old 26th December 2019, 02:50 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Edit: eveything seems to be sold out when I refreshed the page 1 minute later. Then tier 3 reappeared in limited quantity.

<< On the day ticket >>
Scheduled to be

Contrary to what I initially thought it wasn't hard to get a ticket despite only 1 show at all, at leat when it comes to tier 3.
I doubt if she’ll be able to hold concert at arenas after this CDL...
Old 26th December 2019, 05:06 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropass View Post
I doubt if she’ll be able to hold concert at arenas after this CDL...
For that she need to stop touring activity for some time. People used to watch her shows even in small towns where she didn't perform before
Old 26th December 2019, 06:51 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post

<< On the day ticket >>
Scheduled to be

Also shows halls are more appropriate considering where she is atm.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, countdown live 2019-2020, promised land, yoyogi