[Official Message] A ONE official review - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th April 2015, 01:42 PM
Love song H-Initiate

A ONE official review

01. a Bell
17周年という節目の日にリリースされるアルバムのオープニングを飾るのは、これまでも数々の名曲を生み出 してきた作編曲家・中野雄太氏によるインストゥルメンタル。優しいピアノと荘厳なストリングスが、次曲から 展開される“今”のayuワールドの幕開けに相応しい。

02. WARNING
これぞayuの真骨頂と言わんばかりの超攻撃型アップリフティング・ロック・チューン。「ST EP you」「Startin'」などのアゲ曲を提供してきた原一博氏作曲。攻める歌詞世界がすでに多くの女性 から支持を得ている。独特の妖しい雰囲気を醸し出すvideo clipも必見。

03. NO FUTURE
まさに“TK節”といえる小室哲哉氏特有の高い音域を駆使した、切なくも心に響くメロディ。以前、氏による 仮歌入りのデモとして提供されてからあたため続け、今回、満を持してレコーディング。終盤、畳みかけるリフ レインが耳に残るアップリフティング・トラック。

04. Anything for You
オリジナル楽曲では浜崎あゆみ史上最長の6'59"という超大作。何度も転調を繰り返す展開により、曲の長 さは全く気にならず、むしろその世界観に惹き込まれる。切なく歌い上げた最後の最後、コードが変わり優しい 世界が広がり「大丈夫僕がその君の手を必ず掴むから」という言葉が胸を打つ。

05. Last minute
2014年12月24日にバラード3部作としてリリースされた直後からファンの間で絶大な人気を誇る曲。1 コーラス目はコーラス無しのシンプルなVo.がピアノとアコースティック・ギターの上で切々と訴えかけ、転 じて2コーラス目以降は感情を剥き出しに激しく歌い上げる、まさに“浜崎あゆみROCK”。痛いほど突き刺 さる歌詞と、“一発撮り”で撮影されたvideo clipに注目。

06. Zutto...
バラード3部作としてリリースされたシングル曲。名曲「Days」を生み出した作曲家・多胡邦夫氏得意のバ ラードということで、ファンのみならず多くのリスナーから支持を得ている。マイナス10℃の氷の世界で撮影 されたvideo clipも話題。

07. Out of control
「Mermorial address」などの名曲を生み出した、作曲家・湯汲哲也氏とアレンジャー・tasuku氏のタッグによ るロック・ナンバー。まさに“浜崎あゆみワールド”と言える歌詞世界で、世代や性別を超えて共感される大き な“愛”のうた。

08. Story
温かいメロディーに切なく心に響く歌詞。2004年発売の名盤『MY STORY』収録の「walking proud」を彷彿とさせる本作は、同曲の作曲家である湯汲哲也氏によるもの。中野雄太氏による壮大なアレ ンジが聴く者の魂を震わせる、まさに涙無しには聴けない名曲。

09. The GIFT
台湾を拠点にアジア全土で絶大な人気を誇るシンガーソングライター、JJ Linとのコラボ作。人生の大きな岐路に立つ2人の心情を綴った歌詞はまさに究極のウェディング・ソングと 言える。「乗り越えた全ての悲しみや涙は このためだったんだと今ならわかるから」「だってこの愛は神様か らの世界にひとつの ギフト」。

10. The Show Must Go On
2000年の「第1幕」から15年間に渡りライフワークともいえる大規模ライヴツアーを敢行してきたayu 。そのステージはコンサートの枠を超えたエンタテインメント・ショウとして年々進化し続けている。そんなa yuが「時代がどれだけ変化し続けても ずっと変わらないものがここには ひとつあるから」というメッセー ジとともに歌い上げる本作。まさに「The Show Must Go On」。

11. Walk
2014年12月24日に発売されたシングルにて3曲目に収録された、小室哲哉氏作曲による「Walk」。 2014年大晦日に開催されたカウントダウン・ライヴでは、円形のメリーゴーランドの中央に凜と立ちつつも 、こみ上げる想いを抑えきれず涙ながらに歌うayuの姿に感動したオーディエンスが続出。

http://avex.jp/ayu/index.php
http://avex.jp/ayu/special/avcd93135/

Last edited by Aderianu; 8th April 2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 8th April 2015, 01:50 PM
Don't look back Initiate

review...by avex? LOL

would love translations though
Old 8th April 2015, 01:53 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

To me it seems they're just describing the songs like "it's a ballad/it's rockish/it has strings in it etc" and making comparisons with her older songs

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 8th April 2015, 01:54 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Posted in hopes that someone will translate it ^^

All that I understand
WARNING feminist song; NO FUTURE song with painful high notes; Anything for You longest song; we can't listen Story without tears; The Show Must Go On song for the tour
Old 8th April 2015, 03:07 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Certainly no master of translation but this is what I'm reading.......in summary with a little assistance from Google

a Bell: Gentle piano and magestic strings, "now" is the dawn of ayu World.
WARNING: uplifting rock tune, women's (feminist?) lyrics.
NO FUTURE: uplifting riff track with a high range but the melody is one that makes you feel pain.
Anything for You: Ayu's longest song. Doesn't care about the length of the song but the immersive feel of the world it presents. The lyrics for "It's all right because I'm sure to grab your hand" hit you in the chest (?)
Last minute: hugely popular amongst fans in the trillogy Dec 24, 2014. The bare/pure emotions of "Ayumi Hamasaki ROCK" with a one-shot take PV.
Zutto...: Also released in the trillogy. Composer Tago Kunio produced the classic "Days", the video shot in -10 degrees celcius (?) <----is this really all they have to say?
Out of control: Tetsuya Yukumi, composer of "Memorial address" and arranger tasuku. Ayumi Hamasaki World's song of love beyond limits of generation and gender.
Story: Will resonate with a sad heart with its warm melody. Will remind you of "walking proud" which will shake you to your core. You can't listen without tears coming.
THE GIFT: Could be called the ultimate wedding song. "That love is one of the gifts from God himself to the world"
The Show Must Go On: The process of ayu's development as a singer over 15 years, from the ayu that dared to have a tour in 2000 to the current eta. The message is that "The Show Must Go On"
Walk: Performed at CDL 2014 on New Year's Eve in the centre of the merry-go-round. Impressed Ayu's audience singing while tears fell uncontrollably.

Please take with a large grain of salt as I'm still pretty basic even after all this time lol

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 8th April 2015, 03:08 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

Thanks for posting.

Not much news. Anything for You is her longest song ever. And Warning's lyrics are well received among women.

It mainly says "written by ___" and "the lyrics/melody/voice pierce your heart" and "like [insert old song], this song is __".
Old 8th April 2015, 03:16 PM
until that Day… Initiate

wah this is something new, album reviews by avex haha XD
Old 8th April 2015, 04:20 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
NO FUTURE song with painful high notes
apparently even avex can't tell NO FUTURE and TSMGO apart
Old 8th April 2015, 05:57 PM
Initiate

The message is that "The Show Must Go On"
well duh. Ahaha.

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai
Old 8th April 2015, 07:48 PM
SURREAL Initiate

So it's written by Avex staff? No wonder the review seems so polished. If Avex seriously want to have this album review, they should asked a third party who a professional music reviewer and not a fans.
Old 8th April 2015, 08:26 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

...it's not a review if it's by the label she releases under IMO. This is just a collection of track descriptions.
Old 8th April 2015, 10:04 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dawn of ayu World was 1998.
Old 9th April 2015, 05:52 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Certainly no master of translation but this is what I'm reading.......in summary with a little assistance from Google

WARNING: uplifting rock tune, women's (feminist?) lyrics.
NO FUTURE: uplifting riff track with a high range but the melody is one that makes you feel pain.
Anything for You: Ayu's longest song. Doesn't care about the length of the song but the immersive feel of the world it presents. The lyrics for "It's all right because I'm sure to grab your hand" hit you in the chest (?)
Last minute: hugely popular amongst fans in the trillogy Dec 24, 2014. The bare/pure emotions of "Ayumi Hamasaki ROCK" with a one-shot take PV.
Zutto...: Also released in the trillogy. Composer Tago Kunio produced the classic "Days", the video shot in -10 degrees celcius (?) <----is this really all they have to say?
Out of control: Tetsuya Yukumi, composer of "Memorial address" and arranger tasuku. Ayumi Hamasaki World's song of love beyond limits of generation and gender.
Story: Will resonate with a sad heart with its warm melody. Will remind you of "walking proud" which will shake you to your core. You can't listen without tears coming.
THE GIFT: Could be called the ultimate wedding song. "That love is one of the gifts from God himself to the world"
The Show Must Go On: The process of ayu's development as a singer over 15 years, from the ayu that dared to have a tour in 2000 to the current eta. The message is that "The Show Must Go On"
Walk: Performed at CDL 2014 on New Year's Eve in the centre of the merry-go-round. Impressed Ayu's audience singing while tears fell uncontrollably.

Please take with a large grain of salt as I'm still pretty basic even after all this time lol
Thank you for your translation

Wait there is no way Last minute is a one-shot video. They probably meant it includes several long shots?
Old 9th April 2015, 06:50 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

This really isn't a review to my standards, actually... A review is usually a review done by someone who isn't related to the artist(s) or company(ies) involved...
Old 9th April 2015, 07:35 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

What's with all the nitpicking? You guys should know by now not to take English usage in Japan too serious. Yeah, they titled it 'Official Review', but it's just a description of the album. Koda Kumi has those all the time.
Old 9th April 2015, 08:27 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
apparently even avex can't tell NO FUTURE and TSMGO apart
Yeah because they are so similar...right.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 16th April 2015, 12:41 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
Wait there is no way Last minute is a one-shot video. They probably meant it includes several long shots?
Thought absolutely the same

Thanks for this...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 16th April 2015, 12:52 AM
Replace Initiate

The video is edited, certainly - it's not a one SHOT video, it's just that the red dress singing-to-the-camera scene (the bulk of the video) was shot in only one TAKE, with no retakes for mistakes or "let's try more crying here" or "let's try more frantic flailing there" or anything, in order to make the emotion as raw as possible.
Old 16th April 2015, 01:32 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think she only really flubbed one part which was the lipsync near the end.
Old 16th April 2015, 05:37 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm feeling the 'review' is more of, like, 'liner notes', not a third-party review...

Tags
a one, last minute, the gift, walk, zutto...