TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR 2016 - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2016, 10:55 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I think that was not what he/she was saying, everybody can tell the difference between her vocals back then and today. What she/he was saying was that even back then her vocals were far from being perfect/pleasant to hear, so she/he don't know why all of a sudden everyone is praising her old vocals like they were the shit. (i'm talking about 1999-2001 here, those from her peak, her vocals improved a lot after that and it's a huge pleasure to the ears, but i think japanese people in the comment are refering to the evolution days when talking about her vocals)

Also, everyone has different tastes in terms of vocals, to me the deeper her vocals are the better (hello 2008/2009 era) lol

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 29th September 2016, 11:43 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

I don't think that those comments derive from her being a good singer or not. People don't like her anymore, because of her private life or as some people already said because she is not the nice girl next door anymore but a diva. She has never been a really good singer and that's why the people are attacking her with it now. She can do whatever she wants, take vocals lessons or whatever, she will never be as famous as she once was, because she changed too much.

I still enjoy her music, old as well as new. But then, I'm also not afraid of change. Btw I'm looking so forward to tomorrow!!! So excited for the full playlist.
Old 29th September 2016, 01:02 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

@Chris Her voice changed a lot through thr years, but she never sang with proper singing technique or sing all that good. Actually, the high pitched voice she forced during her peak was probably the most damaging technique she used over the years, considering she was constantly singing out of her range. Ayu was never a good vocalist, at her best she is passable.

@attractive nausea I love ayu's live singing because she can put tons of emotion on her voice, but if I have to chose I prefer her voice when it'a deeper too.

@SayukiChoco I agree it's not really about her singing. If Japanese people cared all that much about how good their idols could sing there wouldnt be many of them left to be honest. And most of the jpop girls that can actually sing were one hit wonders or just plain flops. People who dislike her are just bashing her, the reason to do so isn't the most important here.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th September 2016, 03:24 PM
ayu trance Initiate

It's really difficult for a singer to keep her vocals the same for almost 20years. It happened to Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Björk and it's gonna keep happening to others, it's natural. I still enjoy watch Ayu's concerts and I'm still excited for what's coming in the future (even with vocal issues).

I have high expectations for this tour! <3 Hope the music choices surprise us!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 29th September 2016, 03:51 PM
TO BE Initiate

I'm so frustrated that you guys think ayu was never a good vocalist. Back then, ppl were praising her for her angelic lovely voice. She even apologized for the I am.../a best era because her voice had change.
Old 29th September 2016, 04:07 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

^ It's not meant in a mean way. I love her vocals, I love her voice, high pitched or dark, cutesy or deep, I don't care. She has so many different colors in her voice and so many emotions. For me her singing is more than good enough and I was stunned the first time I heard her live.

But you can't deny that there a better singers. People with better or more professional voices. But most of us don't care about them or we wouldn't be here, would we?
Old 29th September 2016, 04:15 PM
TO BE Initiate

^I'm not saying she's the best, but people aren't giving her any credit at all. There have been many times her voice shine and made people fall in love with her. She wouldn't be in this industry for so long if she's bad/below average like people made her out to be.
Old 29th September 2016, 04:39 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^She consistently kept being either average or below average. Sometimes bad and almost never good. People may find her voice beautiful, but this doesn't really mean she was singing good from a technical point of view. She is far closer to Madonna, Rihanna, Lana, on the sense thar she can use her limited and flawed voice to convey tons of emotion and play different characters through her songs, than she ever was from people like Celine, Mariah, Barbra or other big vocalist. And that's ok, tbh, I just find it strange that some people act like she went from Celine Dion to Rebeca Black.

@pedronekoi Vocal chords are a part of the body, and naturally, they age. They get naturally lower for example. A constant incorrect use also damages it. A proper singing technique, more than helping the singer sounding good, also helps preventing some of the time and overuse damages. Celine Dion has been singing for more than 30 years, she still sings good, adapted well for what she could and still sounds like her. Mariah has an amazing voice and technique, but she drinks a lot, smokes and as far as I remember reading, there's no 100% safe way of hitting notes at the whistle register, something she abused. Whitney abused drugs for years and her voice deteriorated. I don't know about Bjork.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 29th September 2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 29th September 2016, 04:40 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

@ TeddyGrahams Lol, you do know about the Idol system in Japan, right? All those whatever48 bands that can't sing and dance properly, but have a huge fanbase just because the girls are cute. I think you have a point that if Ayu couldn't sing at all, she wouldn't have become this popular. But still, Japanese music industry doesn't set a high value on good voices, as Andrenekoi already pointed out.
Old 29th September 2016, 04:58 PM
TO BE Initiate

^ I understand what you guys are saying. Although the idol industry is trash, I still believe ayu was a strong vocalist. It's one of the reasons that skyrocketted her career, even though she was singing in damaging way and did not take care of her voice. The vocal quality back then and now are like night and day. Yes, it's partly due to her hearing condition and overworking nature as well.
Old 29th September 2016, 10:42 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrahams View Post
^ I understand what you guys are saying. Although the idol industry is trash, I still believe ayu was a strong vocalist. It's one of the reasons that skyrocketted her career, even though she was singing in damaging way and did not take care of her voice. The vocal quality back then and now are like night and day. Yes, it's partly due to her hearing condition and overworking nature as well.
It really wasn't her voice that thrust her into the spotlight, though. It was her lyrics that grabbed at people and made them stop and listen to her.
Old 30th September 2016, 02:45 AM
End of the World Initiate

I disagree. Her voice being incredibly high pitched and cute had a lot to do with it. Especially when M came along, everyone was like "omg so high I can't sing it so good."

Anyways. I think she was at one point a good vocalist. I remember music fair in 2003, when she was promoting A Ballads. A very, very impressive performance vocal wise. 2003- early 2005 were golden years of great vocal performances, all of Moments performances were amazing, the concert tour was amazing, and her vocals from CDL 2003-2004 taken from the arena tour were pretty awesome. So I don't know what happened, she had great control and didnt seem to strain at all.
Old 30th September 2016, 03:45 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Did I read correctly that the booth with the goods is already opening at 14.30 p.m.? O.O Why this early?
Old 30th September 2016, 04:29 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
I disagree. Her voice being incredibly high pitched and cute had a lot to do with it. Especially when M came along, everyone was like "omg so high I can't sing it so good."

Anyways. I think she was at one point a good vocalist. I remember music fair in 2003, when she was promoting A Ballads. A very, very impressive performance vocal wise. 2003- early 2005 were golden years of great vocal performances, all of Moments performances were amazing, the concert tour was amazing, and her vocals from CDL 2003-2004 taken from the arena tour were pretty awesome. So I don't know what happened, she had great control and didnt seem to strain at all.
She got deaf.

Old 30th September 2016, 09:03 AM
Love song H-Initiate

TA LIMITED TOUR 2016 SPECIAL PAGE OPEN

http://ayu-ta.jp/
Old 30th September 2016, 10:03 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

where is the setlist?

Old 30th September 2016, 10:10 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ The show hasn't even begun...

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 30th September 2016, 10:15 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Sorry, I'm confused XD

Old 30th September 2016, 10:23 AM
Who... Initiate

i hope she has chosen good setlist she seems to be kinda mess atm so i don't set my hopes too high
Old 30th September 2016, 10:25 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^I just hope for Breakdown, please please please!
Now I think of it, I'd love We are the QUEENS + Survivor as an opening!
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, limited teamayu live 2016, ta limited live tour 2016, teamayu