First day sales figure of A Ballads - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 13th March 2003, 06:24 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Unhappy a ballads sales in the first day

according to Planet Chart daily news a ballads only sold for 266,000 copies the first day. I am quite diappointing . I thought the sales is as good as A Best but it is not.
Old 13th March 2003, 06:35 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Well, Thats not too bad for ayu.

Its all Avex's Fault for not Remixing her songs better! J/K!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th March 2003, 06:39 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Congrats to Ayu!!!... its juz the first day... maybe it will get betta....
Thnx for the info

Old 13th March 2003, 06:50 AM
ayu trance Initiate

it'z just the first day, i'm sure the sales will go up~~

i think avex should have done more promotion for A Ballads though.. I don't even see it in the newspapers
Old 13th March 2003, 07:59 AM
Initiate

nvm..... soon it will reached the A BEST target!!

Thanks to Chriskay for the avatar & signature
Old 13th March 2003, 11:39 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

I'm not impressed at all. RAINBOW album was just recently released, and they follow its release with another album A BALLADS that has mainly repeated songs on it (even including repeated songs from RAINBOW album that should at least get a remix or even a change even if it were minimal). The remixes are good but really don't make it superb in my opinion. Only interesting thing that may make you buy the album is with no doubt the 2 new songs (they can be easily downloaded) and the covers. If the new album were something like Ayu-mi-x V or anything new maybe the sells would have been way better.
Old 13th March 2003, 11:52 AM
As if.. Initiate

I agree with impactbreaker. the time for realising this album was not the best and the promotion....
anyway I hope it will it the a best target soon
Old 13th March 2003, 11:53 AM
independent+ Advisor

Doesn't surprise me at all. This is a terrible time to release a compilation album (in my opinion). I think she would have sold TONS more if this was the RAINBOW single instead of a compilation album. These low sales don't surprise me at all.
Old 13th March 2003, 01:12 PM
Key~eternal tie ver.~ Protector

hey !!! some tracks like M, Key, A Song For XX, Who.... have all been remastered !!! and appears and SEASONS too are enhanced !!!! its a powerful Album!!

---- ----EdenZone---- ----

Old 13th March 2003, 01:29 PM
still alone Initiate

thats good! hehe thanks for the info

Old 13th March 2003, 01:39 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally posted by EdenZone
hey !!! some tracks like M, Key, A Song For XX, Who.... have all been remastered !!! and appears and SEASONS too are enhanced !!!! its a powerful Album!!
In my PERSONAL opinion A BALLADS is a very good album and worth a buy if you have the money for it. That's because I really adore ayu's songs and those remastered version sounds really good for a super fan. But thinking about things as a whole, not everyone are hardcore fans of Ayu. There are people who'll buy only her main albums to losten to the newer stuff, there are people that are only interested in the remixes...there are all kinds of people. But it's not everyone who's interested in buying a new stuff that has lots of old stuff that were mainly remastered and got a few remixes and still has many repeated songs. That means a decrease in its sale unfortunately!
Old 13th March 2003, 03:40 PM
Biscuitgirl

Well, heck, weren't we all really skeptical about Avex's tactics concerning this album from day 1? So, maybe we were right after all. It's really a shame, considering there is some excellent work on this album. But ultimately, it didn't make a whole lot of sense. I could see reasoning in it having been released later in the year, perhaps in the fall, after we saw some album cuts and a "Rainbow" or "Real Me" single. I'm still disappointed that Avex isn't treating us to a "Real Me" single. I thought the awesome covers might help to elevate the album's sales, but apparently people in Japan are just as sick of repeat stuff as the rest of us.
Old 13th March 2003, 04:14 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Avex has got to realize fans can't keep on spending and buy every single and album realeased. they should give the fan's wallet a break after Rainbow.

Old 13th March 2003, 08:16 PM
Banned

First day sales figure of A Ballads

According to
http://www.j-pop.ne.jp/flash/0303/f0313_1.htm

the first day sale is 260,900 copies.

Some said that the figure is a bit surprising for a selection.
Old 13th March 2003, 08:26 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

rainbow's sales were dissapointing..but i dont think it was a very strong album anyhow.
A Best sold so much because utada hikaru released her much anticipated 2nd album the same day...which created STIFF competition..A best sold around 4 million copies.
i dont expect A Ballads to reach that much at all.
Old 13th March 2003, 10:32 PM
no more words Initiate

I was worried about its sales from the beginning, but as Biscuitgirl said, people are getting sick of the Recycle Formula: multiple covers, reused songs, and first pressing passwords. Yes, the remixed songs are good yet the timing was awful and couldn't compare to fans' expectations nonetheless. It would be different if it was released either 1) simultaneously with RAINBOW 2) simultaneously with either a RAINBOW or Real me single 3) simultaneously with Ayumix albums if some will ever be released. Because of the methods used with A BALLADS, I doubt Avex will change their ways to release music and promote it. They're putting more money it seems into creating huge posters than actually making eyecatching commercials and hiring the remixers that made the Ayumix albums into the masterpieces they are today. Avex is undoubtedly going downhill and it looks like Ayu releases are definately being affected by that.
Old 13th March 2003, 11:41 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Grantith
Doesn't surprise me at all. This is a terrible time to release a compilation album (in my opinion). I think she would have sold TONS more if this was the RAINBOW single instead of a compilation album. These low sales don't surprise me at all.
exactly
i dun think and i'll never think releasing A ballads is a good idea
it's just too soon to release a 2nd best album when the first one was just like 2 yrs ago and there r only 2 albums inbetween
and just like wat ImpactBreaker said only hardcore fans like us will consider buying the album
but i still think it's a very good album hehe coz i like the remakes and the new songs

i hope she'll release a single for either "Rainbow" or "grad pic" and do some better promotions

but oh well, it's not like we live for this kind of figures
we like ayu bcoz she's ayu ^^

Last edited by trainspotter01; 13th March 2003 at 11:44 PM.
Old 14th March 2003, 02:18 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Well i dont mind.. n i think it is not a bad idea....

Old 14th March 2003, 03:26 AM
Two of us Initiate

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I've been tellin yall from the very beginning this was a bad idea!!! I totally saw it coming. Whoever thought of this idea should be hit really hard....unless of course it was Ayu, then she should just be nudged a little. At any rate, this album would have been sooooooooooo much better a little later on in the year or maybe not at all. In my opinion she should have just done a Rainbow single in April. I am very disappointed and personally see no hope of this album ever reaching the glorious status of "A Best." But then again it might....
Old 14th March 2003, 03:40 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Avex is very Stupid. If they start Selling Their products here, then ayu's A Ballads would really sell. 35% of people here appreciate Jpop/Anime songs.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a ballads, ayumi hamasaki