[FIVE] PV's thoughts! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th August 2011, 04:16 PM
Dolls Initiate

[FIVE] PV's thoughts!

[progress] 9/10
This video is the most unique video in her career. Someone said "Youtube feeling" and well - I am taking this as a + I really liked the stop-motion animation, It gaved me "social" feeling with these random people.
what i liked: Mostly the animation itself, I really like the desert ending and, well, all of it
what i disliked: she looks weird at the end.. but I kinda like it o_o weird feeling. The begining is kinda boring, and it doesnt fits the rest I think (the Ayu shoot)

[Why...] 8/10
I like how she liked to give her music a little creepy/weird feeling. I like how symbolic it is, and it's not as boring as MOON/crossroad. I really enjoyed it, JUNO looks very handsome too, I like his "Mad Hatter" look a lot! And I really liked the "dream" atmosphere (remind me of my dreams a lot)
what i liked: The tree at the end. Her look. Alice concept, the weird girls!
what i disliked: It's kinda dark sometimes, It should be more "see-able" But maybe it's just LQ ver.

[ANother song] 5/10
That "high" 5 just because of her gorgeous look. She was kinda "cold" in it. Urata tried to be so american, the choreography screams "cheap" I think.
what i liked: HER ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS look!!!!!!!! The hair are fantastic, I love her so urban. I also liked camera "twists"
what i disliked: Urata's "sexy" moving, her "cold" attitude, being bored while watching this.

[beloved] 7/10
Good video. Very warm. She looks very mature but beautiful. The story is kinda boring, nothing really special, but I enjoyed it. I was waiting like crazy for colors ("Where did they go? My monitor broke or sth?)
what i liked: Her "sexy" scenes with shadows, her look in b&w (colors made her hairstyle uglier lol) and... her smile
what i disliked: I dont mind these children, really. But why they are SO SAD?!

[BRILLANTE] 9/10
-1 for Timmy. Without him that would be fantastic weird PV but he screams "cheap and funny". I reaaaaly like the concept. Please dont take this as a offence, but the storyline remind me of a symbolic metaphore of... rape. She looked a little possesed by some kind of obssesion, of memory of something cruel happened.. but very cruel - because she "dies" in the end.
what i liked: I LIKED THE MEAT oh well. I love how it screams "SEX!" but in that creepy, weird way... I love the gym scene! I LOVE HER LOOK. I reaaaaaally like the "macabre" ending.
what i disliked: Timmy. He just feels like he's not good at acting, or maybe it's his look? It looks cheap.
Old 27th August 2011, 04:35 PM
CAROLS Initiate

progress for such an epic song, the PV is WTF and I don't like it. It reminds me of Madonna's Ray of Light, except that Madonna's is, of course, better.
Why... is OK, but there is sth missing, which makes me not to like it very much.
ANother Song FAIL.
beloved = Beyonce's Heart-Broken Girl PV. enough said.
BRILLANTE the best among this crap called PVs. There are shirtless men almost rubbing each other, a shemale, and a crappy execution at the end, but at least an interesting one.

After all, those PVs were nothing special and the era of famous Ayumi Hamasaki PVs is obviously and sadly, over.
Old 27th August 2011, 04:39 PM
No way to say Initiate

progress - Interesting PV, nice change but of coruse people are going to be upset that every frame isn't Ayu's face.
Why... - Badly directed and boring.
ANother Song - terrible.
beloved - DEEP RIVER.
BRILLANTE - The best one.
Old 27th August 2011, 04:43 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
BRILLANTE the best among this crap called PVs. There are shirtless men almost rubbing each other, a shemale, and a crappy execution at the end, but at least an interesting one.

After all, those PVs were nothing special and the era of famous Ayumi Hamasaki PVs is obviously and sadly, over.
lol, I think BRILLANTE pv is very close to INSPIRE/Ladies Night/Lady Dynamite/Don't look back in some way. Same level, I dont really see the end here, in fact I can see she's back to some style she used to have (not Ayu sitting in the couch and not Ayu sitting in the couch ON FIRE or not Ayu sitting on the couch with her makeup washed and not Ayu standing in the street or magic forest - but still You were got some magic )
Old 27th August 2011, 04:57 PM
And Then Initiate

For me:

progress: Random. It looks like a caption of Google's Street view and she looks weird at the end. A boring pv for an amazing song.

Why: Beautiful pv. I love the Alice concept and she looks gorgeous with that butterflies dress. Love the weird concept too.

ANother song: Like pepper said, I only like Ayu's look. PV is boring and cold.

beloved: I totally love this pv. Ayu looks sweet, mature and fantastic. And the end made me cry like a child. It's a beautiful present from Ayu.

BRILLANTE: Amazing. Love the dark and tragic atmosphere. And love the meat too!! xDDD

Last edited by yabieru; 27th August 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 27th August 2011, 05:06 PM
Over Initiate

progress: really significative pv,i really like the concept. 9/10
why... : it's so magic,i really like it.It remind me of alice in wonderland 9/10
ANother song: it's a bit boring but i like the scenography 7/10
beloved: the best pv!!!9,9/10
BRILLANTE:is very mysterious,i like it but the end scares me 9,4/10

thanks ownsarai

Old 27th August 2011, 05:39 PM
Far away Initiate

progress: I like it a lot but ayu looks kinda weird in the end. 9/10
Why... : Love the dark atmosphere. 9/10
ANother song: The choreo was lame but I like ayus look. 7/10
beloved: Love the black and white part! The ending is so sweet. 8/10
BRILLANTE: LOVE IT! It's so creppy and ayu looks so beautiful. 10/10
Old 27th August 2011, 05:47 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

VERY surprised and impressed with all of the PVs.. each one made me love each song more. I don't have time to individually review each one but..

progress - 9/10
Why... - 8/10
ANother Song - 7/10
beloved - 9/10
BRILLANTE - 10/10

guess I'm going to be buying the CD+DVD was kind of hoping the PV's wouldn't be so good so I wouldn't have to spend more on it lol.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:00 PM
too late Initiate

progress
I liked it. It was different. Had a very "youtube" feel like pepper said. I didn't know what to expect from it, to be honest. I like the concept and I think it goes well with the song. 8/10

Why...
After the first few seconds I thought it was going to be a typical ballad PV from her (OOH IT'S SO PRETTY!) but I liked the "Alice in Wonderland" concept. Made it a bit different. I think JUNO's appearence is vastly forgotten about, though. He didn't get much to do, I felt 9/10

ANother song
Very typical R&B music video. I didn't like it. 4/10

beloved
Ayu looked amazing in this PV. The ending completely capped it off really well. It even put a smile on my face 9/10

BRILLANTE
The strangest out of the bunch. I think it was the best directed out of the lot of them as it's the most compelling. It fits the song perfectly and I thought Ayu looked damn hot aswell 10/10

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 27th August 2011, 06:12 PM
Initiate

All of them except for BRILLANTE are far better than i thought! of course they're not good as some of her older pvs but for sure better than all the lame pvs in Love songs(leave MOON and do it again apart)!
P/s: i hope here's the last time Ayu brings gay theme/images into her PV!I haven't bought rock'n'roll circus just because of lady dynamite!
Old 27th August 2011, 06:21 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

progress: Those ayu closeups are cool! Feels like a commercial snippet XD But those zoom scenes are making me dizzy LOL. hope I would accept it as a ultra special ayu pv after I see it a few more times XD [7/10]

Why... feat. JUNO: Very abstract! Love the concept of the PV.. The ending was so special! Anyway, I was kind of laughing at the weird movements of the models chasing after ayu hahah! [9/10]

ANother song: Haven't seen ayu in those braids ever since CDL04-05 heh. As for the PV, I think that the overall setting just doesn't match with the song. It's as though smth's missing in that PV or maybe it's the song. Dream ON's PV is definitely better imo. [6.5/10]

beloved: The most meaningful PV ever created! From BW (disasters, despair, sadness, etc) to colourful, showing how Japan is still standing strong <3. It delivers the message "LOVE & HOPE" to the World! I love how they created that backdrop plus those letters spelling "LOVE & HOPE"! Amazing!! [10/10]

BRILLANTE: It's just WOW! Ayu is a goddess LOL! It's like Cleopatra and the modern warriors (although I find absolutely no link between them). Song is awesome! Love the exotic touch added to the song, just like don't look back. The only problem for me is that I don't understand the ending for this PV X.x [8/10]

あゆ

Last edited by fanayutic; 27th August 2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:45 PM
Because of You Initiate

progress: hmmm I loved the shots of her.. the PV isn't amazing, but i liked that it was somehow different, i don't think Ayu have had something like that before.

Why..: i absolutelly love it, my fave from the bunch. I loved the concept beautifulXcreepy = AMAZING

ANother song: borring but ok, i liked some of the shots, typical PV for such style of the song.

beloved: second fave of the FIVE. I love how simple and warm. I loved the shots with kids and the way the video from b&w turned into color. The ending made me smile. I loved it!

BRILLANTE: the oddest one lol I totally couldn't get the song and the video to link one to each other, but i liked the ending, creepiness is always good especially if Ayu is involved >]
Old 27th August 2011, 06:46 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
[BRILLANTE] 9/10
-1 for Timmy. Without him that would be fantastic weird PV but he screams "cheap and funny"..
ughhh i know!!! the whole feel of the PV was kind of ruined everytime i looked at him.... he looked like one of those people you see in photobombs. plus instead of looking all serious, he looked like he was getting a kick out of chanting like some weirdo~~~ i also REALLLLY loved the dark ending. When i first listened to the cd rip of BRILLANTE, is going like what the *#@#3 is up with this ending? but after watching the PV it made me appreciate the way it ended. although those gym scenes felt "out of place" and random to me.

i also loved how Why looks like some sort of twisted version of alice in wonderland

i'd definitely pick these PVs over the ones from Love songs... makes me feel glad that i bought this before Love songs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://white-creation.livejournal.com/ - credits go to artcika for these amazing graphics!!

Last edited by mirrorcleworld; 27th August 2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:49 PM
CAROLS Initiate

That woman chanting is actually a guy?
Old 27th August 2011, 07:01 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

why yes, yes he is

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://white-creation.livejournal.com/ - credits go to artcika for these amazing graphics!!

Old 27th August 2011, 07:10 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
That woman chanting is actually a guy?
yeah, he's a composer of the song, and choir voice it's also his
You can see his chest in some cuts, definitely a man~
Old 27th August 2011, 07:14 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

i loved ALL OF THEM!! my favorites are BRILLANTE and progress!!
Old 27th August 2011, 07:15 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

LOL i also just figured out that the 'lady' beside is actually a guy coz I can see his nips clearly (from 4:57 - 5:02 of PV) XD

あゆ
Old 27th August 2011, 07:21 PM
Rule Protector

I was extremely impressed with the videos, the standard was really high in all of them. Some better than others, but with the exception of ANother song I thought they were all interesting, all of them well made.

I really liked how they all gave something completely different.
Old 27th August 2011, 07:22 PM
Curtain call Initiate

majority is wtf

idk why brillante is such a big deal. progress is a waste of space. another song is an ok pv.

beloved and why are amazing I love them.

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, pvs