[FIVE] PV's thoughts! - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 30th August 2011, 03:15 PM
Far away Initiate

When I watched brilliante, I thought the message kind of was that she was sacrificed for her people. She gave up her life for her people? Which is why in the close up screens she is crying and shaking her head because she wants to live (Or she wants to give up, like you said). And at the end when she tries to get away but they push her back on the throne again, and then she dies. OR like you said it could be that she cannot take it anymore and sacrifices herself to escape. I think that there's a lot of personal meaning for ayu there, that may even relate to her fans. It is very intense. <3
Old 31st August 2011, 03:21 PM
Don't look back Initiate

progress: i only appreciated A LOT MORE after watching the making-of. I need someone to tell me what Masashi Muto said about the concept for this. I totally love the stop-motion thing. It made it much more meaningful to watch. Ayu looks kinda weird at the end though HAHAH! 8/10

ANother song: it's a typical R&B song MV. I like the profile and aerial shots though. Hoped for more choreo by Ayu :X but she looked so good 6/10

Why...: the CG is really quite...weird. But I love the art direction for this MV a lot. The butterflies and sorta Alice-in-Wonderland-esque scenes. 7/10

beloved: I cant explain how much i LOVE this MV. Leslie being a photographer really has some AMAZING footage of Ayu here. His framing is good and concept is great! LOVE the end so much. My eyes warmed up towards the end great job. Simple but I totally felt it. 10/10

BRILLANTE: it's quite cool. though..it also felt quite random. but i think i got the idea of it the end totally freaked me out. i'll give it a 7/10.
Old 31st August 2011, 09:48 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Watching via YT

progress = Very simplistic. As usual, she looks georgeous. I loved the high speed shots. Nice video.

ANother song = Nice camerawork! The set was nice, and she looked so....unlike she has before. URATA still looks like Mr. GoatFace to me, and he looked so like he was trying to be American. The choreography was sloppy too.

Why... = I ♥ BUTTERFLIES! The CGI was great, and her dress was...wow. Unlike his brother and Mr. GoatFace, JUNO isn't butt ugly, and I like the Alice In Wonderland concept.

beloved = Now, for the record, I think black & white shots are totally rawsome. Her hair is amazing, and the beach looks lovely. She looks brilliant, and it was a beautiful MV =)

BRILLIANTE - One word: RAWSOME. She looks beautiful with that Cleopatra-esque makeup, and she must have felt like a child in a perverted candystore with all those dudes . SO HOT OMG I CAN'T EVEN UNF. She must be traumatised by something. And...is that a dude? I thought it was a woman. \epicfail/

///crystal-castles\\\
///made-by-yoake\\\
///alice+ethan\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Del Rey
Yes, I am f--king crazy. But I am free.

Old 31st August 2011, 10:46 PM
still alone Initiate

have to agree with the majority of people
progress: such an epic song and with such an epic tie in i was expecting something more mythical or epic but i mean its a cute video...
ANother Song: Um i can see what Ayu is trying to do, maybe become a little bit more mainstream (hopefully it gains her some fans :S) but not my cup of tea lvoed her hair style and she looked great so that was the plus
Why...: It felt badly directed and something missing but overall not bad
beloved: really cute but really simply a la curtain call
Brillante: all i have to say is brilliant.

set made my me

Old 1st September 2011, 02:33 AM
SCAR Initiate

I found this set of PVs to be some of the most dissapointing she's ever made.

progress - I do like the stop-motion filming, but beyond that it just seems very pointless and a waste of a PV. Don't really understand the ending with the "dolled up" Ayu.. I feel like it's supposed to remind us of her early days?

ANother Song - I liked the bit of choreography they threw in near the end, but other than that, this PV is both boring and pointless.

Why... - Reminds me of alterna, great colour contrasts. But don't really understand what's going on.. it feels like she's trying to escape her dream and she finally does at the end by being bigger than all the others?

beloved - boring, didn't get any "warm" feeling from it at all but I did like the 'under the same sky' ending. Suffers from bad editing and the song just not being that good doesn't help it either.

BRILLANTE - the song and PV of this album. Fantastic twist ending, Ayu does these the best. Although I feel the whole video could have been executed a little better, the middle section gets weak.

Last edited by Tony G; 1st September 2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 3rd September 2011, 06:33 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Did anyone notice something weird about the two mannequins in Why... PV?

I was wondering if the editing went wrong or whether it was done on purpose.. an optical illusion or whatsoever LOL

(From 2:52 onwards) Ayu started to run towards the smaller 'frame'. Notice that the mannequins are right over at the corner of the set.

But (from 3:07 onwards), the mannequins appear right in front of the set when the giant chased after ayu! *Shocked*

あゆ
Old 4th September 2011, 12:16 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

i think BRILLANTE is the only gem and instantanius classic on this collection
progress is quite a good work too, different, original and simple...but no so brilliant

another song for me is one of the worst videos i've ever seen, i just can stand to watch the full pv, and urata is one of the Less-Charismatic artist in the japanese music for me. i had to skip it...NEXT ...on why the effects looks very cheap
the performed of the actress is terrible, the camera angles are very amateurish, direction = FAIL

in beloved i don't think the different sequences fits really well, the beach, the rocks, slow motion ayu modeling, kids statics looking into the camera = a tasteless Salad, bad editing, bad visual concept, the only interesting thing is the ending

on FIVE...for me BRILLANTE is the only hight quality movie

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, pvs