ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2009, 10:35 PM
Two of us Initiate

I really like the costumes too! She seems very nice and energetic with them!

But we cannot take further opinions before we see the full show! ^^
I'm seeing the pics and screens, it seems to be awesome! Great stage and great tracklist too! I can't wait to see it!
Old 16th April 2009, 01:31 AM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpg23 View Post
-Black Latex Rule costume: Itīs cool, nothing new, fits the song and all. I like that it doesnīt has the open sides like on the PV. But Iīm not convinced much by her hair... Iīll have to wait to see it on video.

-Cheerleader outfit: I donīt see why everyone loves this one. Itīs ok, but a bit too cute and ugly imo. If it were simpler I would like it more. Also, red is not the color that best suits her.

-Black outfit with her midriff exposed and hat: I donīt like her with hats xDD but well, itīs ok. I like her tie though.

-Big puffy white dress with sleeves closed: No. I donīt see her love for those dresses. They are horrible, seem like taken out from the 19th century and they make her look extremely old. Same goes for the pink-arms open one, but that is even cheesier. I like the correlation of Days with the pink color but really, it makes her look old. And how many times have we seen the "changing dress" trick before?

-Militar outfit with miniskirt: The best outfit of the whole show, and the only one that doesnīt have faults in my opinion. She looks young, sexy and powerful.

-White glittery tuxedo: Is this Ayu or A.I.? Looks pretty much disgusting. She is like the Bling Bling Bling Mama in this.

-Black latex costume with the corset: This is one of the best too. She looks sexy and fierce, but it looks a bit recycled from past concerts.

-Sparkle one with wig and Scawaii jacket: Oh... my ... god. Along with the one used for Days, this is the worst of the worst. That wig makes her face look like a dish, that jacket is totally inaproppiate for Sparkle (she should have used latex here imo) and the pants seem to be recycled from the Black outfit with midriff exposed. She looks kinda ridiculous. No, no, no ...

-Encore one: one of the best too. She looks very young and happy, and I like her trousers with that part falling over her lap. Looks very cute.

The best outfits imo: Encore one, militar one and black latex with corset one.
The worst outfits imo: Cheerleader one, Puffy white/pink dresses, sparkle one, white tuxedo D:
100% agreed!
Although this is the first time I actually find the encore costume among the best (or among the less disappointing in this case )
Old 16th April 2009, 01:35 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^.^ Yay Ayu's gonna sing FMD again!

Thanks Raiu-Ayu for the set.
Tee-mi-x Beautiful LJs Alan XVII Summer Plannings Tee-mixshow

Old 16th April 2009, 01:47 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi27 View Post

Lack of props, amazing costumes and sets was due to the little time she had this year to put on the show. And about the music industry, it has been falling for years now
Amen to this - it's the reason why this show is less spectacular than previous years.
Old 16th April 2009, 03:32 AM
End roll Initiate

If there's one thing I learned it's that A LOT is lost when a concert is viewed on video. A LOT. Nothing compares to seeing a concert live, and I think an opinion based on a concert video is only halfway there.

People who don't think the recession is a factor in Ayu scaling down her concert are people who are obviously not working, or don't know that mommy and daddy are very much affected by the recession. Stop living in a bubble.
Old 16th April 2009, 03:54 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I think I'm going to add my two-pennies-worth.

1. Set List:
To be totally honest, I'm pretty happy with the set list, although maybe it could use a little revising. I'm not too mad about Days though. I'm glad to see she's performing HOPE or PAIN again.

I have to agree, the ballads part is pretty messed up. It should have gone:
HOPE or PAIN
Days
GREEN

I'm not too thrilled about evolution, I love it, but she should give it a break sometimes.
I'm really happy to see MY ALL is going to be sung again. ^_^
I'm pretty upset about Curtain call being an encore song though.

I don't really have any beef with her performing songs from PCDL. It's not like she's had a major amount of time for preparation.

2. Costumes:
Let me start by saying, I don't care if she's recycled costumes, I'm her fan. Whatever she does is fine by me, if she'd have had a long time to prepare, maybe I would be a little angry. But to be fair she hasn't had a whole lot of time.

My favourite two outfits have got to be the encore outfit, and the leather jumpsuit (HOT).
I'm not too mad about the puffy, white dress, nor that ugly purple jacket. :|

Her cheerleader outfit is cute.
The metal bodice thing is also really hot.
I like the white suit.
The pink dress is elegant I think.
The leather suit-thing is really...wow. ROFL.
The outfit people are calling the military outfit is VERY hot too.

3. Stage/Props/etc.:

I have to say that the stage looks really good, even though I guess it's kind of simple, I love the stairs. ^^

4. I think her vocals can't be too bad, as no one has complained, so I'm thinking that she's sung well, which is the most important thing.
Also, no one is reporting that she's messed up lyrics/forgotten lyrics that I've seen. So I'm also guessing she's not lip synced yet. Which is surprising. But I'm GLAD.

So all is hopefully going well. I wish people would be happy, a lot of her "fans" here seem to only like complaining about her. Some "fans."
Old 16th April 2009, 03:59 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Hahaha sheīs a Diva so this thing of "reciclying outfits because we are in crisis" itīs not an excuse, It doesn't matter if we are working or not, if we live in a bubble or not, I insist, sheīs the queen of Jpop, so she canīt allow herself to do this, seriously

But if sheīs really affected with the crisis, I think cheaper costumes but creative ones would be the key. sadly, this concert is not the best example. We have seen boring and recicled outfits. Maybe the concert save the day with the lights, the music, and so on. At least for me, the setlist is fine.

Last edited by ayumimylove; 16th April 2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 16th April 2009, 04:20 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

ayumi recycles practically everything.. from little things like outfits to more important things like lyrics. this is seriously shocking to some people? she has and always will recycle, it's just how she is. you don't have to like it but you need to accept it
Old 16th April 2009, 04:27 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Yes but not everything like in this concert.... I think maybe the proper name for this concert would be "Best of Outfits Arena Tour 2009"

Last edited by ayumimylove; 16th April 2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 16th April 2009, 04:42 AM
ourselves Initiate

Bottom left picture= Namie XD
Old 16th April 2009, 05:04 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

/\ Top right pic = Boa xD

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th April 2009, 05:11 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I wanna see the X-men glasses!

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Old 16th April 2009, 05:25 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I went to see the show in Nagoya last night (15-4-09). Was pretty darn good, but there hasn:t been much change in sets or anything from past shows. I know it:s all rehearsed and such, but still, a little improv in a concert is always nice. I will put up some pictures a little later today.
Old 16th April 2009, 05:35 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ Looking forward to see your photos!
Old 16th April 2009, 05:58 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

me too!!!!
Old 16th April 2009, 06:45 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
ayumi recycles practically everything.. from little things like outfits to more important things like lyrics. this is seriously shocking to some people? she has and always will recycle, it's just how she is. you don't have to like it but you need to accept it
That is true, she has always recycled to some degree, but I think people's main beef is that she seems to be doing it way more than usual recently. Even PCDLs cover is the same cover as the Next Level tour pamphlet.

As for her not having enough time being the reason - well, it was already pointed out that she has had similar crunches for her previous tours. For AT03/04 she had even less preparation time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbisson View Post
I went to see the show in Nagoya last night (15-4-09). Was pretty darn good, but there hasn:t been much change in sets or anything from past shows. I know it:s all rehearsed and such, but still, a little improv in a concert is always nice. I will put up some pictures a little later today.
Yeah, I don't like when every little move is choreographed. It makes it seem less "real" to me. So I wish she would start improving more. Her concerts didn't used to always be so prescribed.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 16th April 2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 16th April 2009, 07:15 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
If there's one thing I learned it's that A LOT is lost when a concert is viewed on video. A LOT. Nothing compares to seeing a concert live, and I think an opinion based on a concert video is only halfway there.

People who don't think the recession is a factor in Ayu scaling down her concert are people who are obviously not working, or don't know that mommy and daddy are very much affected by the recession. Stop living in a bubble.
Sorry. I like my bubble.

I do not think that a recession is a reason why ayu's concerts have to suck.

Look at the live TA concert or stadium tour. Doesn't need a ton of effects and crap to look good.

Neither does she need a ton of munny to look good either.

I bet they could have come out with better costumes if ayu had just reached into her closet and pulled something out.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 16th April 2009, 07:27 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
That is true, she has always recycled to some degree, but I think people's main beef is that she seems to be doing it way more than usual recently. Even PCDLs cover is the same cover as the Next Level tour pamphlet.

As for her not having enough time being the reason - well, it was already pointed out that she has had similar crunches for her previous tours. For AT03/04 she had even less preparation time.

Yeah, I don't like when every little move is choreographed. It makes it seem less "real" to me. So I wish she would start improving more. Her concerts didn't used to always be so prescribed.
It only seems that people think that she designs the costumes and her covers herself, while we all know that's far from truth, even though up to some point she did do it to a certain extent I am sure she isn't bothering with that anymore.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 16th April 2009, 07:30 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
Sorry. I like my bubble.

I do not think that a recession is a reason why ayu's concerts have to suck.

Look at the live TA concert or stadium tour. Doesn't need a ton of effects and crap to look good.

Neither does she need a ton of munny to look good either.

I bet they could have come out with better costumes if ayu had just reached into her closet and pulled something out.
I hope someone shot her on the head if she uses anything similar to stadium tour or TA concert outfits again... most of them were awful ><

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th April 2009, 07:32 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

i think they were funny lol

better than these ones anyway.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour