[News] Ayu to perform on 2022 FNS Song Festival First Night - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th December 2022, 04:26 PM
As if.. Initiate

Pretty much a great performance, solid vocals and christmas energy!!!
Old 7th December 2022, 05:12 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Wow, her voice was so pleasant in appears! I would even go as far as to say I'd love to have a re-recorded version of appears with the beautiful tone she had in that performance.

She also did a beautiful job with Who...

I seriously loved these performances so much. Beautiful vocals, and beautiful outfit and stage. I haven't been this happy watching her performances in a long time. I hope to find these in HD soon!
Old 7th December 2022, 05:36 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

A rough translation of her IG post regarding the performance.

Quote:
Thank you so much, to FNS Kayōsai.

This was my first time singing Who... on a music show programme like this, and I almost passed out thinking too much about what "ayu" would do, what would be the right answer, for performing this song on television now.

After a lot of overthinking, I arrived at the conclusion that I should take inspiration from that very feeling of uncertainty, and went ahead and enjoyed singing the song like that.

Actually, it's also been a long time since I have performed appears, but I didn't realize it had been 23 years!
I didn't know that until you all told me!!

I didn't think I would still be singing when the phrase "23 years" and "ago" would be put together in a sentence like that. (laugh)

You know, I have to say... I was good back then, but I'm even better now!

#End of year glamour
#With dancers, band, and chorus singers
#I was so happy to see everyone together

Old 7th December 2022, 06:03 PM
Because of You Initiate

Watch it at the Chinese forum: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8176254763

She sounds GREAT. She sings both songs with more mature voices. Not screaming.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 7th December 2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old 7th December 2022, 06:35 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

They mentioned Who… being a “popular song from 2006”. I know it was used in the Koizora movie in 2007, but does anyone know why they’d mention 2006???

Was it just a mistake? He also made a mistake with Ayu’s anniversary, saying 20 years then correcting himself to 25, so I’m thinking it was just a mistake as well? Lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 7th December 2022, 07:58 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
A rough translation of her IG post regarding the performance.

I am beyond in love with that first photo of her!!
Old 7th December 2022, 08:16 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

face card never declined MY GOD!

Old 7th December 2022, 08:21 PM
too late Initiate

Really enjoyed her performance because she sang with calm. Her voice is a little too "high" (seems like vocaloid ^_^) but it is ok !
Old 7th December 2022, 10:14 PM
Initiate

It was nice to see her with a full band again and not screaming over them! But seeing them here makes it more obvious that's it's something missing in the tour. She always sounds way better when using some restraint with her singing.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 7th December 2022 at 10:18 PM.
Old 7th December 2022, 11:46 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I guess I am the one one who thinks that appears performance would have been so much better without the dancers like her old lives on TV from the time when song was released? Felt a bit ridiculous to me.

And did the TV presenter introduce “Who” as a famous song from 2006? Lol
Old 8th December 2022, 12:40 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
“appears” is trending number 15 on Japan twitter
Hot damn! I agree with whoever said her voice is way better now than in 1999. And when she's at her best like this she's the epitome of glamour, completely arresting. She looked her age in the best possible way; that is, she seemed mature and comfortable in her own skin.

Yahoo! News is calling her voice "beautiful" and quoting fans going on about how good she looks and sounds. Apparently a bunch of words related to her quickly trended on Twitter.
Old 8th December 2022, 03:39 AM
glitter Initiate

She sounds and looks soooo good!!!!

Can we have an ayu renaissance in 2023!?
Old 8th December 2022, 03:44 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKAyu View Post
Hot damn! I agree with whoever said her voice is way better now than in 1999. And when she's at her best like this she's the epitome of glamour, completely arresting. She looked her age in the best possible way; that is, she seemed mature and comfortable in her own skin.

Yahoo! News is calling her voice "beautiful" and quoting fans going on about how good she looks and sounds. Apparently a bunch of words related to her quickly trended on Twitter.
I feel like now would be a good time for her to plug her new single and drop info on her upcoming album, especially considering how Mask has a similar winter vibe to appears in a way it might evoke some nostalgia upon people

Old 8th December 2022, 05:33 AM
TO BE Initiate

she sounded different. I think she wasnt as high pitched as she used to sing appears in the last years. It reminded me really on her earlier days her voice reminded me on her earlier days during appears, i was pleasantly surprised

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 8th December 2022, 06:05 AM
Who... Initiate

I wish she sounded like that in real life, this was so beautiful! Her voice was not that strong but she kept it really stable. I love her vibrato!!

Her look is adorable and this was her best performance in years! For some reason this felt really authentic and like she performed because she wanted to, not because she needed to. Lately her aura has not been there with her but this time it felt like she is really enjoying being there. Like this all came from her heart.

I don't know why but I LOVE her ending pose on appears. It's pure perfection. So damn classy!! I love her pose, outfit and not her going extra dramatic with her gestures or fake crying. She was like sorrowful women left alone in the snow with her faboulous outfit. Please ayu take this outfit for your next tour!! Think about her performing winter classics on this while standing on the stage alone
Old 8th December 2022, 06:16 PM
Because of You Initiate

She sounded lovely in this. I love the outfit too, although her outfits on the winter theme are always winter wonderland worthy. She looks beautiful, although her face in that photo does not look like her for some reason. But I loved this whole thing. The only thing i’m tired of is her performing ancient stuff. I get that it’s her classics, but she has so many winter ballads and they are just left out for stuff that people hear almost every year now. Days, Jewel, No Way To Say, Momentum, Together when, You were… and probably more! We hardly hear those ever!

Last edited by BlackSilence; 8th December 2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old 8th December 2022, 06:28 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
The only thing i’m tired of is her performing ancient stuff. I get that it’s her classics, but she has so many winter ballads and they are just left out for stuff that people hear almost every year now. Days, Jewel, No Way To Say, Momentum, Together when, You were… and probably more! We hardly hear those ever!
She's one of their major names in music, but she's still a 25 years-old artist, a veteran. It's very rare to see some veteran performing new music (or songs released after their prime), TV music shows are destined to general public, so they tend to choose songs that appeal for a large amount of people and it will always be her major classics. So I'm glad she had the opportunity to do songs she sings often during her concerts but rarely (or never) have a chance to be performed on TV.

The last time she performed appears on TV was in 2003, during a HEY! HEY! HEY! Xmas Special. She never sang Who... on TV. So, to the general public, both songs are kinda fresh.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 8th December 2022 at 06:31 PM.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:50 PM
Far away Initiate

Ayu is so pretty. She sounded perfect! Not so much of that baby voice. But I still prefer her voice in 1999. Go ayu!
Old 8th December 2022, 11:40 PM
appears Initiate

She sounded pretty good, I almost wept at the last part of Who...
Also, she looks like a doll on that picture up there.
Old 9th December 2022, 05:13 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Maybe someone have download link for TS version?

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, fns