New single 'Feel the love / Merry-go-round' out 12/25 [II] - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd November 2013, 06:55 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It doesn't help that they pretty much hide the fact that it's a "PRINCE SAM" work waaayyy down in the descriptions. And even though people shouldn't be spreading it, they should take precautions so that people will definitely not think "Oh, this is real!" or something.

It is getting a music video.

Spoiler:

I think this is from the PV shoot. Same roof as Last angel/Love song...

Feel the love is not a disaster. It may not be for everyone, but ugh... I don't think that fans need to constantly put something that they aren't a fan of down especially when others DO like it.
If that is really the same roof, I have mixed feelings about the upcoming PVs lol

I don't think Feel the love is a disaster either... I enjoyed the song, and I'm looking forward to the PV. But this is just a relaxing, fun and happy song, and I'm happy Ayu is trying out new things. Boost up my interests

Set by YuriChan

Old 22nd November 2013, 07:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I don't think this is really an evolution~ The thing is Ayu has songs with way better production. Both the songs don't sound really polished to me and I dunno. Even though I like Merry-go-round a lot from the preview and think Feel the love is better than songs like Greatful Days I still think that it's quite weak to be a lead track and to be honest neither one of the two songs good enough to be on a single. Knowing Ayu this is only going to be a one time thing [hopefully]. I am not to crazy about this direction tbh. I'll survive a couple of songs though and in the long run I will prolly appreciate theM~they aren't bad, but far from absolutely amazing.
What do you mean by 'better production' though? Arrangements? Mixing?
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:09 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
What do you mean by 'better production' though? Arrangements? Mixing?
Both of those. The songs just don't sound polished enough to me. Maybe they'll sound a bit better once the cd is out.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd November 2013, 07:14 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Both of those. The songs just don't sound polished enough to me. Maybe they'll sound a bit better once the cd is out.
The mixing was done by that new guy so it could explain why it sounds very different...

And as for arrangements, I think she tends to veer towards drums/guitar/strings a bit too much, so this is fresh imo. The synths do sound a bit cheap, but what can you do? At least it isn't the Nakata boop boops.

Last edited by truehappiness; 22nd November 2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:21 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
The mixing was done by that new guy so it could explain why it sounds very different...

And as for arrangements, I think she tends to veer towards drums/guitar/strings a bit too much, so this is fresh imo. The synths do sound a bit cheap, but what can you do? At least it isn't the Nakata boop boops.
They do sound fresh, but for me it's not always a good thing. Bold & Delicious was fresh and the arrangment was epic. I dunno I am among people who want Yuta Nakano to arrange everything.

Merry-go-round is deffo gonna be something I'll listen to a lot~ Even though so many of Nakata's songs sound the same I think his arrangements sound richer somehow.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd November 2013, 07:27 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's probably because he's perfected that sort of Akiba/electro-pop sound, haha.
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:48 AM
July 1st Initiate

I've just heard Merry-go-round on her Facebook page. I'm...indifferent about it. I neither love nor hate it. It sounds weird now but I'm very sure it will somehow grow on me.

One thing, though: I'm really glad that it doesn't sound too hip-hop-esque. With m-flo attached to it I was afraid that the song would be some hip-hop R&B shit.
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:58 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Really I agree, this is a de-evolution. Ayu always did her own thing, usually making the trends and being ahead of the game. This is her hoping on the bandwagon after everyone else has been riding that truck for a few years now.
i agree on that it's pretty much what i've said when feel the love came out... I wouldn't be too quick to say it's de-evolution, it's probably just a one time glitch in Ayu's brain lol or she just wanted to be different from what she usual does but ended up like the rest of the music scene today. We can handle that i think lol It's just a one time event, HOPEFULLY. At least majority is happy now with the songs, which rarelly happens in this place lol. I myself am kinda used to being the odd one all the time because i tend to love what everyone else just cannot stand and visa versa lol SO i'm just gonna sit patiently and wait for Pray.
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:25 AM
appears Initiate

This song is analyzed way touch. I love it plain and simple.
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:46 AM
count down Initiate

so the beginning riffs were an ORGASM to my ears then the arrangement gets soooooooo bland I can't omg please improve it for the final release

but besides that IT'S EVERYTHING I WANTED. REMEMBER HOW I mentioned hoping Merry-go-round would be an EDM snowy kiss? HOLY SHIT WE GOT IT and I freaking love the lyrics... there's this bittersweet (wistful?) nuance to it... it's too beautiful. Kinda like the atmosphere of Days + the shot beats of snowy kiss. VERBAL/m-flo wasn't redundant, it brought me back to Kana Nishino's earlier songs which was super cool.

btw aside from the arrangement, I kinda hate the 1000000000 layers over her voice. very much like snowy kiss... it comes across noisy.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 22nd November 2013, 11:46 AM
MY STORY Initiate

I completely forgot to comment on Merry-go-round here I see. I really like the song. It sounded awesome and VERBAL's rap is awesome as it always is♥ I was also able to relate to the lyrics so well that I started to cry which is very rare for me when it's a Ayu song. Last time I actually cried while listening to an Ayu song was in Love songs era I think. That album made me cry. Sadly I haven't listened to it at all since then. o.O

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 22nd November 2013, 05:41 PM
P.S II Initiate

I can't wait for covers!

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 22nd November 2013, 08:37 PM
Initiate

Is this fanmade? I guess so, 'cause I haven't seen it in AHS before.

Old 22nd November 2013, 08:48 PM
P.S II Initiate

^ Actually yes, the image has been already posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post

found this on tumblr, i really kind of hope that they are fake >.< i don't think i have ever really DISLIKED one of her covers before.

as for the songs i really like feel the love

but i'm not so crazy about merry-go-round which is sad because i <3 the title
And yes, it's fanmade.

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 22nd November 2013, 09:21 PM
Initiate

Okay, sorry then xD Thanks for replying!
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:19 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I see this "trying to jump on the trendy thing" as a evolution for Ayu. I mean, it's not the first time she does something just for the fun of trying it, but it is the first time she's doing it with the most popular genre. She's still challenging and evolving herself guys. LOVEagain, now, that was a safe play (even with gorgeous songs).
And if she can express herself with EDM, owning the style like she does with every other, I don't see where the problem is.

Hello new me...

Old 22nd November 2013, 10:46 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Don't really care for VERBAL being in the song...but I can deal with it. He's done much worse. Also, people seem to be liking this much more than FTL...I love them both a lot.

Really hoping for some remixes on the single! It's EDM...how can you not remix that. lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 23rd November 2013, 03:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I love Merry-go-round so much ^_^ it's so different

Though I really hate the Gangnam Style effect they used in both songs T_T ahhh those parts
Old 23rd November 2013, 03:37 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^
What Gangnam Style effect? :O

I'm really impressed by Merry-go-round though. I like Feel the love, it's fun and catchy, but Merry-go-round it's way better. Cannot wait for the full song
It's strange listen to Ayu and VERBAL together in a song lol I was waiting for a collab between them for ages and now it's here I still can't believe it!

Old 23rd November 2013, 07:44 PM
Because of You Initiate

even Feel the love is better than Merry-go-round but Im not feelin any of them
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, hamasaki ayumi, merry-go-round