Disappointing 10th anniversary. - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 24th July 2008, 04:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Disappointing 10th anniversary.

I know it's only halfway through the year but DANG.

I always dreamt that Ayu's 10th anniversary was going to be filled with amazing things, like new singles every few months, and amazing looks and tons of magazine covers and Ayu just looking AMAZING... but it seems as though this year has been the total opposite of that. Sure, we've had a few good looks once in a while, but 2008 is looking to be a really REALLY bad year for Ayu. She's only had one single when she should've had two by now, she barely promoted Mirrorcle World with only like two TV performances and like 4 or 5 magazines [her smallest amount since her debut I'd say] and it's just been... not very 10th anniversary-like. [though I know she's been working hard at the tour, but come on now. She's done it before.]

Does anyone else feel that Ayu just isn't delivering right now in the "WOW" department? It seems like her 10th anniversary should be her STRONGEST year or at least, she should be pulling all the stops, but it's looking to be one of her quietest and least interesting years with less appearances at a-nation and a super-extended ASIA TOUR.

Basically this year is a mirror image of last year except with MW [a half single imo] in the place of A BEST 2 and a "September" [assumed, not confirmed] single coming in the place of t2m along with an ASIA TOUR. All of this of course with like 95% less promotion.. Agh! She's basically saying: "I'm sort of uh, not into my anniversary. Sorreh! kthx4thesupport!."

WHY DOESN'T AYU WORK IT?

-end rant-

To rename this year similarly to EXILE'S PERFECT YEAR..
Ayu's 10th IMPERFECT YEAR [so far...].

Last edited by truehappiness; 24th July 2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 24th July 2008, 04:27 AM
winding road Initiate

I don't know what avex is up too.

I think she should have done A BEST 2 this year instead of last year.

Old 24th July 2008, 04:31 AM
Will Initiate

I agree. Not that I'm saying that I want her to overwork herself, but I expected more. I hate to bring up comparisons, but look at EXILE and their 'Perfect Year' with Best albums and Dome Tours. I thought that she would do something like that, but maybe not with so many Best albums

IMO, she should've waited to release A BEST 2 this year that way AVEX could package more stuff with it, and you know people would've still bought it.

Koda Kumi Concert Audio

Old 24th July 2008, 04:34 AM
winding road Initiate

The only way she can salvage this year, imo, is to not release anymore singles, and just burst out with a completely new album with several 10th anniversary bonuses(maybe a re-issue of poker face, or a new recording of the ASFXX album.)

Old 24th July 2008, 04:37 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

It's about time for a new single. she should stop the tourings for a while honestly

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 24th July 2008, 04:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I believe the reasoning for A BEST 2's release in 2007 was because it would've probably killed her to do the "10th anniversary tour of her dreams" right after promoting A BEST 2.

Other than that, there's no real reason for her to have done it in 2007. Same goes for the BEST of CDL. Sorta strange.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:02 AM
Voyage Initiate

This year has been very disappointing. :/ I agree, A BEST 2 last year was stupid, it would have made much more sense to release it this year. I don't know why she's being so inactive this year, maybe she's running out of steam?

We basically got 0.5 music releases this year. I expected much more, a 4 a-side summer single and a good winter single. But now we don't even know what she's going to release. Sure she may be tired and working hard, but she should be putting effort into what matters for her 10th anniversary. Doing what she does best: recording music.

This was the year I was expecting her to reclaim her popularity, but it just seems to be declining as usual. D: I dunno, most artists do a lot of things in their 10th years, but Ayu has done nothing but tour.

I hope she releases a re-arranged and re-recorded version of ASFXX, that would make it a lot better. :3

☆★ ayudynasty | a.k.a. zanmato ★☆

Old 24th July 2008, 05:03 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I think we will have surprises because of CDL 2008-2009? new single and new album. Maybe some box. Maybe ASIA TOUR 2008 will be released right after overseas part of it.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:16 AM
rainy day Initiate

Yeah but I think Ayu's 10th Anniversary Tour this year is really for the fans that are still with her after all these years. I mean, AT08 is huge. It's amazing. I guess avex or I'd say Ayu just really wanted to focus on the current fans that really love and support Ayu rather than trying to suck new ones in.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:21 AM
still alone Initiate

maybe since her ear problem she starts to slow down? like starts to cut down TV live perfs...but its so ridiculous that there's no summer single this year
Old 24th July 2008, 05:31 AM
appears Initiate

maybe it was like, 10TH YEAR -prelude-

my current jam

Ayumi Hamasaki - GREEN
Old 24th July 2008, 05:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

i think she's just too concentrated on her tour wich started right after MW release
and WACOAL campaing is a part of 10th anniversary promotion
Old 24th July 2008, 05:44 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It is only july, and she is busy with this really long tour this year. Afterall with all the tragedy she has had lately we are lucky she is this active. I think we will still be getting a summer single, and perhapes something else around CDL. i think Ayu has some surprises instore for us this othere half of year. besides her 10th anv isnt really until Jan 1st 2009.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:46 AM
No way to say Initiate

You guys are kidding, right?

She needs a BREAK and you guys are expecting, like, magic to come flying out of her butt!

Okay, let me start over.

We've had an album at the beginning of 2008. Okay, so it didn't hit the number one spot like her other albums. So? Big deal. A lot of people seemed to like it anyway.

She's released two (TWO!) remix albums after a whopping six years! In my opinion, a lot of people were very impressed with them (even with the bad "Greatful days" remix! XD).

The ASIA TOUR 2007 package was finally released after practically a year. This tour was filled with amazing performances and tons of behind-the-scenes footage that was just incredible to see.

She released the extended version of the miraculous "Mirror" into "Mirrorcle World" (no pun intended) exactly ten years after the release of "poker face." Sure, I've heard both positive and negative reviews, but a majority seem to love this song.

She's holding a SECOND ASIA TOUR; not only that, but it's extended throughout the year with Japan in the spring/summer and the rest of Asia in the fall. I'm sure a lot of people in Asia (outside of Japan) are thrilled. Not only that, but the tracklist, the costumes, the set, all of it seems to be getting high and positive reviews.

As for magazines, she's appeared in not only regular issues, but ones such as VoCE and Kodokawa (after three years!). She had a photoshoot in two issues of Bea's Up, Cawaii, SCawaii, Sweet, and two issues of ViVi!

Think that was enough? Our dear Ayu even squeezed in a date for a-nation '08 even when she wasn't initially going to perform!

And Ayumi_lover reminded me of another thing by mentioning WACOAL promotion. That was such a huge (well, big) step of something new from Ayu. I must say I admire her bravery yet pride in her beauty.

The girl's lost a boyfriend, a close friend, and her hearing all before her tenth anniversary, yet she is staying strong! She could've easily dropped everything and said, "I need a break!" But no, my friends. Ayumi Hamasaki has worked her butt off in not only staying strong, but trying to continue to keep her fans (and staff!) happy. I must say, brava for her!

Yes, this is my opinion. And, no, you may not agree with it. But I just want to state my opinion(s) and raise my voice. I've received more from Ayu than I honestly expected. Sorry if anything sounds harsh, but I just want people to realize all that she's done so far (and the year's only half over!). You can stick with your opinions, for I don't expect anyone's to change after reading mine. Once again, I just wanted to state them.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:53 AM
too late Initiate

going on tour takes a lot more work than i think some people here are appreciating. she's focusing her energy doing that, going to see her fans live rather than releasing new material. it just so happens that she also has international fans in different hemispheres. but that isn't really her fault, and just because you feel raw about not being able to take part of the 10th anniversary celebrations doesn't mean you can say she's not working it. she's out and about, she does have a fair bit going on, she's released a couple of things this year already (CDL, AT07, Ayu-mi-x G/S, etc).

yeah it sucks she isn't releasing anything for the summer, but holding her up to that standard, making her some sort of music machine that should create at your whim isn't really an ideal we should hold her to either. i don't really know what is happening with her right now, i'm happy she's taking it a bit easier, hopefully taking care of herself, because i'd rather see her be a little bit slower and be around in another 10 years than to go crazy with releases, over work herself and have even more serious health problems.

i'm sorry, but i'm just sick and tired of people complaining about no summer single. it's sort of childish and people should grow up. it's so materialistic.

人間は皆一人だから・・・

Old 24th July 2008, 06:01 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I gotta agree 100% with the last two posts. She has really been busting her ass, and with everything that has happened to her we should be happy how hard she is working for her fans. besides it is only July, and im sure Ayu isnt done yet!
Old 24th July 2008, 06:08 AM
I am... Initiate

I agree that ayu has been working her butt off and all that but perhaps she is doing it in the 'wrong' way? I think truehappiness was expecting something like 2001 with a dome tour, seasonal single releases and a smashing album at the end not to mention tv appearances (of which she only did 2 this year) to highlight her 10th anniversary. Nobody's saying she's slacking. I just wished her direction was a little different. Maybe she's getting more involved with production issues which i feel maybe she could leave to the professionals? This could be giving her less time for photoshoots and promotional events.
Old 24th July 2008, 06:10 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I know what you mean. I mean. I absolutely understand that she is continuously working very hard, especially w/ the asia tour and all that that calls for (traveling, rehearsals, crazy fans mobs, stress, etc.). She is certainly not half assing anything right now. I continue to appreciate that. I'm sure for the fans that can actually go see her in person is even more grateful and honored by all her hardwork.

I'm sure SHE definitely feels like she's having the time of her life w/ the asia tour to celebrate her 10th anniversary, being able to meet all these people that support her and all.

But as for me, who can't see her live, feel like this 10th anniversary time has produced zelch. Nada. Nothing. Because all in all, WE can't see the performances. WE have NOTHING from her besides tiny Mirrocle World. She hasn't even had her typical summer single like before. And for that, to have LESS than usual in comparison to her past years where there are mag covers and singles coming out every month or however often, it does feel empty.

As a fan of her works and the lack of them right now, I'm complaining. As supporter and admirer of Ayu the person, I continue to see how much heart she gives to her fans.

I always hear a voice calling my name.
I will think of you for ever and ever.

Last edited by Echiko; 24th July 2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 24th July 2008, 06:11 AM
End roll Initiate

I actually thought she has done a lot already this year.

EDIT: Also, I think every year should be amazing or special, not just a tenth year.

2nd EDIT lol: And I say that because once the 11th year comes, I don't want to expect anything less from the previous years. I just want another good year. Doesn't matter what number it is.

Last edited by ArchangelLegend; 24th July 2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 24th July 2008, 06:13 AM
Naturally Initiate

Yes it sucks that she isn't releasing a summer single, but to be honest, I can stand a break from the strand of summer singles starting from July 1st that to be honest, are beginning to sound the same. And let's face it, every time she releases a summer single it seems like a lot of reaction from this board are pretty negative. Just experimental wise, I would like to see what happened if she didn't release a single for the summer. Would it affect her fall release?

She has experienced a great deal of trauma before her tenth year, and I agree with chibi_venus. She isn't a machine. She can't just produce music at every whim.

She's active, just a different level. Do I want her to release a fall single? absolutely. Do I want more magazine promotion and TV appearances, yes. But rumor has it that she's already working on a new single and I though MW was brilliant as a song. Yes, she's touring a lot, but this year she's really focusing more on her fans. She's communicating more, and I think that's huge for her, because she always seemed closed off emotionally wise.

I like 2001, but let's face it, back then she was younger and probably had more energy. And the quantity of releases were great for short-term sales, but for long term I think it was an double-edged sword. Sometimes I wonder if her CD sales would be higher had she spanned out more. But that's my ramble for another subject.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Last edited by Kikaru; 24th July 2008 at 06:19 AM.