[News] New album "Remember you" on sale 2023.01.25 - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 18th January 2023, 10:37 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Why would it be a joke post?

Constructive criticism is important, and Ayu doesn’t seem like she’s used a creative team in a long time. That is, it seems like she does a lot of stuff on her own. That’s a huge thing to take on. But at the same time, when you don’t have a team around you trying to guide you or make recommendations, that position is then going to fall on the fans.

I do not agree with bashing and being mean, but constructive criticism is always something I’ll agree with, no matter the situation.
this. Please destroy the toxic fandom here. We don't need to like every single works from ayu. It is the fact that ayu's recent works are getting bad. Constructive criticism is helping her to improve her works.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 18th January 2023, 11:19 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ I've been reading this since early 2010's. It's not a fact. It's your take on her works. Constructive criticism is one thing. Being a rude and mean (to put it lightly) person is sth completely different. The video itself is nothing more but a tiny bonus to a product we're getting in a few days.
Old 19th January 2023, 02:05 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
^ I've been reading this since early 2010's. It's not a fact. It's your take on her works. Constructive criticism is one thing. Being a rude and mean (to put it lightly) person is sth completely different. The video itself is nothing more but a tiny bonus to a product we're getting in a few days.
It is personal's reaction. If people are sensitive with other feedback on their comment and feel others are being rude, that is their problem. Nobody lives around their comments and they are not the center of the universe.

I dont get why people have issue on the video. It is just a video and someone lip-synching on the street.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 19th January 2023, 02:37 AM
I am... Initiate

I think some people are misinformed as to how this video came to be.
It wasn’t planned, the girl in the video, Kumamoto who is part of a comedy duo, tweeted a video of impressions she did of Ayu. She said she had been a fan of hers for a long time.

Some fans brought this tweet to Ayu’s attention, and Ayu herself thought it was very funny, and she contacted Kumamoto. They organized making this video basically overnight and it was a rushed project.

It’s just a video of a fan lipsinging to a song dedicated to fans. There is no other meaning.
This was filmed in Omotesando, a shopping street in Tokyo. If there is blurred faces, it’s because they can’t show random people in it without their consent. The law doesn’t apply to storefronts on the street so they don’t have to blur them out.
Old 19th January 2023, 06:24 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I was in Omotesando around lunch time the day she was recording and was freaking out wondering if I’d be in the background lol, but seems like it was filmed early morning to avoid the crowds understandably!
Old 19th January 2023, 06:48 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
It wasn’t planned, the girl in the video, Kumamoto who is part of a comedy duo, tweeted a video of impressions she did of Ayu. She said she had been a fan of hers for a long time.

Some fans brought this tweet to Ayu’s attention, and Ayu herself thought it was very funny, and she contacted Kumamoto. They organized making this video basically overnight and it was a rushed project.

It’s just a video of a fan lipsinging to a song dedicated to fans. There is no other meaning.
This was filmed in Omotesando, a shopping street in Tokyo. If there is blurred faces, it’s because they can’t show random people in it without their consent. The law doesn’t apply to storefronts on the street so they don’t have to blur them out.
Thanks for clarifying the impromptu. The teens jogging past Kumamoto-san, along with a cyclist passing by from the other direction during the 1st chorus coincidentally made this promotional clip a little more dynamic and active on the screen.
Old 19th January 2023, 08:21 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:

Some fans brought this tweet to Ayu’s attention, and Ayu herself thought it was very funny, and she contacted Kumamoto.
You wouldn't happen to have the link to the video?
Old 19th January 2023, 08:38 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:

Thank you I think it reduces my rebuke for this viedo by a lot.
Old 19th January 2023, 12:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The video was on Ayu's Twitter where she impersonates Ayu for a bit and she replied to it.

https://twitter.com/KumamoP/status/1613111396652453888

Basically, in the last 3-4 days they started planning it and made the video like 2 days ago.
Old 19th January 2023, 12:53 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
Just the way you are is pretty much exactly what I didn't want it to be, but suspected it would be. A generic ballad. It is listenable, but forgettable. It doesn't have her baby voice at least which I do appreciate. The lyrics and message are great, and I do also appreciate her having a person with a different body type than what is considered attractive in Japan, but I think we should be passed this type of thing by now. I feel like different body types should just be normalized and represented without having to put them in a whole video centered around how "you're beautiful too just how you are!". I feel like there should just be inclusion naturally, without making a big deal about how you're including someone seen as "different".

For example, why can't a larger person be featured in a dance song or something fun? Why does the song have to exclusively be about accepting themselves how they are? But that might just be me nitpicking.
Different societies, different processes. In Japan, there a lot of issues that are in a different phase of discussion. It's the same with the LGBTQIA+ community rights, it's different from some Western countries (but not so different comparing to another ones). So in a society where extreme thinness as a beauty standard is still overvalued, it's a valid message.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 19th January 2023, 01:46 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Just saw the video and I which they hired Naomi Watanabe to lipsync in that video.

Otherwise I am not of fan of the message of that song and video, I find it hypocritical a little when ayu hire fat people to say they are beautiful when she had how many cosmetic interventions and has always been very careful of her body and always edit her promo pictures (and I am not saying that in a bad way).

It feels she just picked somebody she judges unapealing to her standards and pretend to empower her. I don't know if that actress is famous, if she is, then my mind may change.

I would have prefer to just see ayu shoot the video without make up and filter.
yeah it kinda screamed that Naomi should have been filmed in this PV

I guess, Naomi's just too popular and expensive for ayu lol

it'd be better if it was really just ayu walking down Omotesando and shot in one cut

I dislike that this PV is not edited at all

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 19th January 2023, 02:30 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:

Thank you for clarifying this on the forum as well. I agree that I don't think it was meant to be an incredible piece of polished promo - it was a way to include a big fan in a song written for Ayu's fans. I hope Kumamoto really enjoyed working with Ayu and won't let the backlash get to her in the long-term.
Old 19th January 2023, 03:22 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Basically, in the last 3-4 days they started planning it and made the video like 2 days ago.
I think I will not be able to memorize the lyrics in such a short time
Old 19th January 2023, 04:04 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
The video was on Ayu's Twitter where she impersonates Ayu for a bit and she replied to it.

https://twitter.com/KumamoP/status/1613111396652453888

About fans impersonating ayu, I think this person did a great job. https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8SLnADS/

Sometimes I wonder if ayu could do something like this of her old videos haha
Old 19th January 2023, 04:29 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I think I will not be able to memorize the lyrics in such a short time
In a short clip of making of, Ayu is behind the cameraman guiding and directing her with the lip syncing and interpretation. But yes, time was really short.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 19th January 2023 at 04:43 PM.
Old 19th January 2023, 04:44 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Different societies, different processes. In Japan, there a lot of issues that are in a different phase of discussion. It's the same with the LGBTQIA+ community rights, it's different from some Western countries (but not so different comparing to another ones). So in a society where extreme thinness as a beauty standard is still overvalued, it's a valid message.
I think you are missing the point of the complaints. It isn’t about if the body positivity is a good message or not but it feels 180 degrees against what ayu represents in everything else she does and come across as insincere.

Some members shine a light about the creation of the clip that made a bit more sense.
Old 19th January 2023, 10:27 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
I think you are missing the point of the complaints. It isn’t about if the body positivity is a good message or not but it feels 180 degrees against what ayu represents in everything else she does and come across as insincere.

Some members shine a light about the creation of the clip that made a bit more sense.
I don't understand. She's being supportive of someone being obese or lgbt supportive doesn't mean that she has to be part of it right? It's like if you don't like something, doesn't mean that you can't be supportive and have to hate it.

Anyway, I'm also quite disappointed with the pv. I hope there's another interesting version with ayu in it. PV affects the impression I will have of the song. And releasing a PV before the song does disappoint people as the PV is kinda boring and it kinda feels like the actress is trying too hard to mimic ayu, hand gesture and lip-sync. In this sense, the pv isn't gd just the way it is. A storyline and lesser impersonation would be nicer.

Old 20th January 2023, 01:13 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
It isn’t about if the body positivity is a good message or not but it feels 180 degrees against what ayu represents in everything else she does and come across as insincere.
Conforming to pressure doesn't mean that she can't or won't speak out or support people who DON'T conform. It's totally in character for someone who spent her life dressing, dating, working, and writing in a way that outrages many people. She's always been about living her life however she wants. Now she's saying people who don't look like her also have that right and she supports them. Saying not everyone must be like her isn't insincere, it's basic human decency and adult empathy.

(It's not even uncommon--think of Paulina Porizkova and Jameela Jamil, who have made big platforms out of speaking out even while their own careers are based in their beauty.)
Old 20th January 2023, 01:36 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
I don't understand. She's being supportive of someone being obese or lgbt supportive doesn't mean that she has to be part of it right? It's like if you don't like something, doesn't mean that you can't be supportive and have to hate it.

Anyway, I'm also quite disappointed with the pv. I hope there's another interesting version with ayu in it. PV affects the impression I will have of the song. And releasing a PV before the song does disappoint people as the PV is kinda boring and it kinda feels like the actress is trying too hard to mimic ayu, hand gesture and lip-sync. In this sense, the pv isn't gd just the way it is. A storyline and lesser impersonation would be nicer.
I think her LGBT support is completly different. She has several gay people surronding her in her troup and had a trans dancer (and btw I miss Lico), so Ayu being supportive of LGBT community I belive it completly.

Anyway back to the song... i realised today that the build-up is kinda similar to ''Shallow'' by lady gaga.
Old 20th January 2023, 06:42 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Ayu with that girl from the PV behind the scenes

Tags
just the way you are, ray of truth, remember you, vibees