[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 16th March 2019, 08:47 PM
attractive nausea's Avatar
attractive nausea attractive nausea is offline
Endless sorrow Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: France
Posts: 1,849
I mean, i'm happy for her if she's enjoying herself touring so much. But as a fan, I just find it boring, being her fan used to be exciting and now it's been pretty boring since 2017.

Of course I love her past material and i'm happy to have a lot of past albums to listen to, I still listen to her music a lot. However my complain and most of the forum I guess is not just about her not recording new albums or singles, it's about not releasing anything at all. There have been so many concerts that still haven't gotten a DVD release, for example POM 2018 was a major arena tour and yet we still haven't gotten a DVD release, isn't it weird? I get it, she may be not inspired enough to create new songs, but come on, how hard is it to release her concerts on DVD?

Just like AyuCanada just said, it's like they kept one thing (the tours) and got rid of the rest, which makes her carreer pretty boring to follow nowadays, not just because of the lack of new music, but because of the lack of everything except the tours.
__________________


arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jŰ hall : 21/07 & 22/07

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm


Last edited by attractive nausea; 16th March 2019 at 08:51 PM.
  #82  
Old 16th March 2019, 11:40 PM
Chris85's Avatar
Chris85 Chris85 is offline
Endless sorrow Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I mean how many times can I pay to see the same things rehashed? It’s getting stale. And I never ever thought I’d ever be saying these things about Ayu.
But noone's forcing to you go to her shows. I made a decision to stop going several years ago unless she improves as a singer. I didn't think her concerts deserved a full price, so the last time I went to her show I paid 4000 yen for a ticket and that was it.
  #83  
Old 17th March 2019, 12:37 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,682
What bothers me about those complaints is that a few albuns every other year is actually the common way to go, not releasing the amount of stuff she used to released yearly, what is even worst on her case as, unlike most stars with a schedule as crazy, she actually has creative control over every major release, besides writing lyrics and producing her own tours. That's A LOT of work.
Now she is taking a more reasonable aproach to her music, but it's not like she has been 10 years away without anything new around, her last full album is just 3 years old.

And even when "slowing things down", she toured nonstop all this time and performed most of her giant songs catalogue with 1 or 2 routine for every song performed. People complains there isn't enough "just Ayu and the band", but what she keeps on doing is actually way harder than that. And of course she is milking her past music, she still is celebrating her 20th anni. I get this isn't as thrilling for someone who isn't in Japan, as this is also my case, but needing 3 years, several different concerts and over 100 songs to properly celebrate your legacy is fucking baddas if nothing else.

And then u have people saying she is lazy or lacks passion.
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

  #84  
Old 17th March 2019, 03:03 AM
AJFmzk's Avatar
AJFmzk AJFmzk is offline
from your letter Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 406
Ayu's always been incredibly hardworking, sometimes to the point of making herself sick or physical pain, which is worrying but we know she's done that since at least 2001. As far as I know, the general standard is to release one full length record (approx. 12 songs) every 2 years or so and then tour that for a bit. Back in Ayu's early years she was releasing one, sometimes 2 double-length albums *per year*, in addition to the touring, so she's only "lazy" in comparison to her own personal standard that we've come to expect of her. To me it seems that she is touring continuously because she enjoys it, likes connecting with the fans and maybe she feels time with her hearing is running out, but I'm sure revenue factors in as well.

I think it is correct that the tours bring in more revenue, especially now that she's working on a smaller budget (it became obvious to me about budget cuts when she was hyping PoM 20th as a redux of PoM 2011, but you could tell she was kind of disappointed that it wasn't as big a show as she intended it to be.) But also if you were to compare the fact that the ticket prices are the same as her arena prices but with smaller venues, plus all the goods sales, it definitely makes more money than releasing a new record because she (or Avex) has to pay the songwriters, session musicians and studio time when a lot of people will just pirate it. You can't really pirate a live show since it's an experience unless you physically sneak into the venue.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 17th March 2019 at 03:37 AM.
  #85  
Old 17th March 2019, 05:36 AM
Machiko's Avatar
Machiko Machiko is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
What bothers me about those complaints is that a few albuns every other year is actually the common way to go, not releasing the amount of stuff she used to released yearly, what is even worst on her case as, unlike most stars with a schedule as crazy, she actually has creative control over every major release, besides writing lyrics and producing her own tours. That's A LOT of work.
Now she is taking a more reasonable aproach to her music, but it's not like she has been 10 years away without anything new around, her last full album is just 3 years old.

And even when "slowing things down", she toured nonstop all this time and performed most of her giant songs catalogue with 1 or 2 routine for every song performed. People complains there isn't enough "just Ayu and the band", but what she keeps on doing is actually way harder than that. And of course she is milking her past music, she still is celebrating her 20th anni. I get this isn't as thrilling for someone who isn't in Japan, as this is also my case, but needing 3 years, several different concerts and over 100 songs to properly celebrate your legacy is fucking baddas if nothing else.

And then u have people saying she is lazy or lacks passion.
+1
__________________
  #86  
Old 17th March 2019, 06:02 AM
Xianghua's Avatar
Xianghua Xianghua is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,092
English message from LINE:
Quote:
��Information Disclosure��

『ayumi hamasaki TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 』

ーmisunderstoodー

Who would have imagined something like this?

The TROUBLE TOUR, which has enchanted audiences around the country all through Ayu’s 20th anniversary year at the end of the Heisei Era, will keep running until 2020!

This is the first time that Ayumi Hamasaki has attempted a tour of this length—over two years.

Only Ayu knows when it will end; how it will unfold and in how many parts.

If you don’t see the whole thing, you will never understand the epic nature of this tour.

The dream is reborn—and continues—from May 1st.

“TROUBLE TOURーmisunderstoodー”

Ayu is just getting started.

https://youtu.be/tMeSie1zoVQ
  #87  
Old 17th March 2019, 07:01 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Ayu's always been incredibly hardworking, sometimes to the point of making herself sick or physical pain, which is worrying but we know she's done that since at least 2001. As far as I know, the general standard is to release one full length record (approx. 12 songs) every 2 years or so and then tour that for a bit. Back in Ayu's early years she was releasing one, sometimes 2 double-length albums *per year*, in addition to the touring, so she's only "lazy" in comparison to her own personal standard that we've come to expect of her. To me it seems that she is touring continuously because she enjoys it, likes connecting with the fans and maybe she feels time with her hearing is running out, but I'm sure revenue factors in as well.

I think it is correct that the tours bring in more revenue, especially now that she's working on a smaller budget (it became obvious to me about budget cuts when she was hyping PoM 20th as a redux of PoM 2011, but you could tell she was kind of disappointed that it wasn't as big a show as she intended it to be.) But also if you were to compare the fact that the ticket prices are the same as her arena prices but with smaller venues, plus all the goods sales, it definitely makes more money than releasing a new record because she (or Avex) has to pay the songwriters, session musicians and studio time when a lot of people will just pirate it. You can't really pirate a live show since it's an experience unless you physically sneak into the venue.
The tour goodies, it looks like. I believe someone asked about it on one of her most recent tv appearances
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

  #88  
Old 17th March 2019, 08:15 AM
nalini-dahlia's Avatar
nalini-dahlia nalini-dahlia is offline
SURREAL Initiate

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,584
Meh, this whole revelation is laughably dissapointing at this point.

I hope she enjoys herself.
__________________

  #89  
Old 17th March 2019, 08:56 AM
Chris85's Avatar
Chris85 Chris85 is offline
Endless sorrow Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,809
"Only Ayu knows when it will end; how it will unfold and in how many parts. If you don’t see the whole thing, you will never understand the epic nature of this tour."
So they're selling the idea that there will be several chapters and you must attend them all to get the intended experience?
  #90  
Old 17th March 2019, 09:39 AM
Sky High's Avatar
Sky High Sky High is offline
starting over Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,423
Is this going to be her longest tour ever?
  #91  
Old 17th March 2019, 10:07 AM
tenshi no hane's Avatar
tenshi no hane tenshi no hane is offline
neverending dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,145
More touring... I know not touring doesn't necessarily equal new music, but a small part of me was still hoping it would.

But she should do what makes her happy, of course.

Quote:
Information Disclosure

Who would have imagined something like this? [...] If you don’t see the whole thing, you will never understand the epic nature of this tour.
The way they always act like she's changing the world or something makes me laugh. It's just a freakin' tour.
  #92  
Old 17th March 2019, 10:48 AM
280301 280301 is offline
from your letter Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 390
I'm disappointed, but it's fine. I'm sure she will release new music before she eventually retires, and I'll be back to support her then (and of course I do also with the tour, but it just doesn't appeal to my own fandom).
  #93  
Old 17th March 2019, 10:55 AM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
"Only Ayu knows when it will end; how it will unfold and in how many parts. If you donít see the whole thing, you will never understand the epic nature of this tour."
So they're selling the idea that there will be several chapters and you must attend them all to get the intended experience?
It was kinda like that with Jtb
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

  #94  
Old 17th March 2019, 02:26 PM
mi|kshake's Avatar
mi|kshake mi|kshake is offline
no more words Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Only Ayu knows when it will end
This part did make me lol - how true!!
  #95  
Old 17th March 2019, 02:32 PM
AJFmzk's Avatar
AJFmzk AJFmzk is offline
from your letter Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 406
^ I feel like they’re leaving it open ended because Ayu herself doesn’t know how she wants it to go, and she’ll just keep touring until she feels burned out and then they’ll say that was the plan the whole time. I’m curious to see if they do change up the different parts because it could potentially be interesting/cool, but they way they’re building it up is hilariously over dramatic. But we won’t know what’s what until it actually happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The tour goodies, it looks like. I believe someone asked about it on one of her most recent tv appearances
Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re saying here...that the tours are more profitable than a new album because of the goods sales and she clarified that on tv? I agree with that if that’s what you were saying.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 17th March 2019 at 02:37 PM.
  #96  
Old 17th March 2019, 04:02 PM
_dandy_ _dandy_ is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 161
I've been a fan of Ayu for less than a decade (I'm in Canada so I was never likely to even have heard of her), and I have to admit I find this new focus on touring a little disappointing, especially when said tours don't even get released on media I can purchase.

I *have* been purchasing (and caught up with) all her album CDs and concert DVDs/Blu-rays, and the only way I get to experience anything new from her is through those releases (as much as I like her, I can't picture myself going to Japan to see her live). I'm itching for new material, and while I'm happy enough with the concert releases that were included with the Trouble EP, it's still a lot less than what I had gotten used to.

Namie Amuro and Koda Kumi have been there to "pick up the slack" for me, so to speak, in the sense that this was a lot of material to also discover and enjoy, but with Namie being retired now, the only new stuff I have to look forward to these days on a regular basis is all coming from Koda Kumi. I've tried to "branch out" a bit and look for other established jpop artists, but I find very little else to be as interesting. But that probably says more about Ayu/Namie/Koda's high standards than the others.

I've tried out stuff from Hikaru Utada, Kana Nishino, Mika Nakashima and a few more (thanks to some of the "complete discography" threads on this site--what a great resource), but honestly none of them do much for me.
  #97  
Old 17th March 2019, 05:03 PM
Aderianu's Avatar
Aderianu Aderianu is offline
Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RUSSIA
Posts: 16,307
Tour goods are really expensive compared their quality. And the fact that they become sold out very quickly recently mean that the amount isn't very big and there will not be much unsold leftovers.
I think proceed from tickets can cover only venue rent and road costs.
__________________
  #98  
Old 17th March 2019, 07:55 PM
supaka's Avatar
supaka supaka is offline
Gut it-pez Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brussels - Belgium
Posts: 42
haha she's really "misunderstood"...

Please, this woman gave us enough! Now she want to enjoy her life...
GO AYU !
__________________
  #99  
Old 17th March 2019, 09:47 PM
thesweetseason's Avatar
thesweetseason thesweetseason is offline
YOU Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Posts: 123
It makes me really sad to see you guys so disappointed. Western singers take huge breaks all the time and no one bats an eye. You cannot expect a 40 year old, half deaf woman to do more than what she's already doing. The woman works her socks off.

I've only been to see her on PoM18, and everyone was saying it was boring, but this was the first time I saw Ayu. I cried. She was incredible. She may retire soon, so the touring makes sense. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to see her.
  #100  
Old 17th March 2019, 11:11 PM
nalini-dahlia's Avatar
nalini-dahlia nalini-dahlia is offline
SURREAL Initiate

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaka View Post
haha she's really "misunderstood"...

Please, this woman gave us enough! Now she want to enjoy her life...
GO AYU !
At first I read this as "GO AWAY AYU!"

hahahaa
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.