[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Colours~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2014, 04:10 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

And after all that new Oricon policy of not counting overseas shipments she's still holding up =)
Old 4th July 2014, 11:30 PM
P.S II Initiate

Are first, second and third positions gotten(?) by the same releases?

Old 4th July 2014, 11:33 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

#1 Kisumai (same since the first day)
#2 UVERworld (same since the first day)
#3 Odaka Zumasa (rose yesterday from #4)
#4 Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi (debuted at #3 but fell to #4 yesterday)

^^
Old 5th July 2014, 02:54 AM
BEST Initiate

I really don't care about her chart numbers but I'm really happy for her and wish her the best for the weekend!

BTW can someone explain this NINKI thing for me?

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 5th July 2014, 03:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

NINKI = popularity

Oricon ask around 500 people which of the newest releases they gon buy... that's it ^^
Old 5th July 2014, 04:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinu View Post
This discussion is getting tiresome. And again, your signature speaks volumes about your attitude towards anything AKB-related. So I'm not going to bother.
It's so funny that you don't even know me, you would be surprised I'm an AKB fan and I have a few of their CDs.. Itano Tomomi was my favorite member ever since Acchan graduated but you can't put her at the same level of Ayu, get it, I'm not a hater, I'm just making you and all the people that said that Itano was going to outsell Ayu face the facts

And are you putting Itano at the same level of Ayaka and Nishino!? LOL there is something really wrong with you

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 5th July 2014, 04:21 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Colours is at #5 again for the 3rd straight day

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2014-07-03/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
And tomomi itano fell to #8... so she wasn't a competition for ayu after all

#3 sold around 7,800 so if ayu it around the 6,800 it's as good as LOVE again's 3rd day of 6,070. That's assuming again that it's these numbers and not way less.

Btw the NINKI for Colours is #4 67.20.
Continuing the surprising run, although behind a dozen boys (two groups and two old-time soloists)...and I'm really surprised about how Tomochin's really struggling to keep pace with Ayu (although I think single sales may be higher in the future).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I'm also surprised about the NINKI rankings for Tomochin as well.
Old 5th July 2014, 07:32 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say if not all of it.

And I really do think a lot of her music is still much better than that of other artists and groups. Which is why I listen, I still enjoy her music. Even though it's very different from the music of my other favorite artists. I like her image for the booklet and the cover is fine minus the font. But the image overall is flawed due to the usage of everything and the pvs.

I like reasonable critique of ayu like this and what a few other members have. Some other stuff is like, really? Like when someone complains about an American. I just don't study those people. But otherwise I understand a lot of different perspectives especially different personal feelings. It's sad but true stuff

I definitely agree that her music is a step-up compared to most music that I hear today.

I just hope Ayu will keep fighting. Even if she has to take some time off to think up new material or improve what she already has, I still see that as fighting. XD

I think it's crazy how disinterested I've been in this album (and her more recent stuff in general) considering she was my NUMBER ONE singer for a looooong time.... I mean, I listened to her music constantly.

...but now I feel a tad bit more neutral... I just don't know how this has happened. XD

But, I still really think she's cool.

I actually haven't cared a whole lot for her lyrics as of late, but I think it's all a matter of tastes.
Old 5th July 2014, 08:13 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
I definitely agree that her music is a step-up compared to most music that I hear today.
I would agree with this if we were talking about LOVE Again, to be honest. And that album was already one to get angry at...

But really, if I wanted to listen to something like XOXO, I'd go to JLo's On The Floor, not to Ayu's discography.
She can't even do justice to Angel with her voice and it sounds like a Kelly Clarkson song. Terminal is sending mail on steroids and it's fairly nice but it gets lost in all the techno stuff.

I feel the only song, apart from Pray, that still sounds like Ayu is Lelio, and it still pales in comparison to Sparkle.

I'm not gonna say she doesn't care anymore cause I guess she has money enough to noy even try and just live the rest of her days sunbathing in LA. But I feel there's some inconsistency between what she tries to do and what she ends up doing (she saying she makes the songs turn into rock when she sings them and now... nop).
Old 5th July 2014, 10:07 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
I'm not gonna say she doesn't care anymore cause I guess she has money enough to noy even try and just live the rest of her days sunbathing in LA. But I feel there's some inconsistency between what she tries to do and what she ends up doing (she saying she makes the songs turn into rock when she sings them and now... nop).
She is |not even trying|, but she went to work with popular producers (doesn't even matter if they are still today) and even put a show(case) to this whole album up where she does new challenging stuff like air acrobatics herself to perform and convey whatever was being thought and actually -tried- to experiment some more in a style she didn't touch a lot and now she wanted to touch it the most with this album. Yes, she "isn't even trying".
Old 5th July 2014, 10:29 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Meh, I don't really care about charts. I'm just happy if I find at least 3 mind blowing songs from her albums these days lol.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 5th July 2014, 10:31 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Yes, she "isn't even trying".
I think you should read my post again. I said that SHE IS.
Old 5th July 2014, 10:42 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
I think you should read my post again. I said that SHE IS.
It was kind of confusing because of that sentence "she has money enough to noy even try and just live the rest of her days sunbathing in LA."

Because even though it's true... it doesn't mean she won't make effort in her work (she will also always want more money probably like everyone else) but music is her only thing and she would go nuts without it, so she will always do her best in her work, if people like the things she does or not, even if things look good/bad, expensive/cheap and wether she does promo or not (doing promo might be the only thing she barely cares about) but she is inclined to make music, not necessarily promote it if she doesn't want.
Old 5th July 2014, 11:00 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I think, even though I enjoy her trying stuff, that really, she shines the brightest with rock tinged songs. It's the one genre she does better than all the other J-divas (well, IMO and all that). She looks amazing doing it, and it suits her perfectly.

I'd love her to play that up more. Maybe do something even harder than she's done so far. The occasional dance influenced song isn't bad, but I always find it strange when singers who can't dance release dance songs. Iunno, seems strange to me.

Another route could be more ethereal type music. Her lush compositions always made her stand out. I hope she realizes this haha.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 5th July 2014, 11:06 AM
Initiate

I want another GUILTY era with amazing rock songs, or a very Dolls/walking proud experimental era
Old 5th July 2014, 11:27 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Colours is at #5 for the 4th straight day

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2014-07-04/

So it's safe to say the #1 & #5 spots are guaranteed confirmed to be weekly overall now ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th July 2014, 12:07 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I also think rock suits her best
Old 5th July 2014, 01:02 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONJJONG View Post
I bet Ayu has the most amazing fanbase ever
Full of drama queens really... especially on this site, I mean over-analyzing her career will just make them more frustrated, they complain and say these lame ass excuses when someone points out how childish they look. like whatever ayu does is like an abomination for some and write these essays like they know her life.

I come to this site for new info but I end up seeing comments on which member is smarter than the other.
Old 5th July 2014, 02:00 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

4th Day

Position: #5
Old 5th July 2014, 02:16 PM
winding road H-Initiate

After the concert finished just now I saw quite a few people exiting the arena and going directly to the stand selling Colours, so I think it's fair to say the showcase is successfully helping to promote the album

Closed Thread