[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Colours~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2014, 06:56 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinu View Post
This.
Tomomi's album is what LOVE again was to Ayu. She released most of the songs in the album before, and just included 4 new ones.
It's, what I like to call, a "let's clean to closet" album and a "cover letter" at the same time.
A year ago she was still in AKB, and she just turned 23, so she still has plenty of time to develop.

Can you link me to these SEVERAL TV appearances? Cause all I've seen is this performance.
A medley would've been way better. Dear J > BRIGHTER > SWAGGALICIOUS > Crush.

Oh, well! In any case, she remembers how she started, how AKB started:

AKB wasn’t big in the beginning either. It was through the little efforts that made them as big as they are today.

So don't worry. She'll stay around.
I think you're pretty optimist when you say she'll stay around, don't you know most of AKB soloists are defunct? Just to name a few: Oshima Mai, Ono Erena, Kuramochi Asuka, Iwasa Misaki, Ogu Manami and Matsui Sakiko. face it

Also the status of other solists are very questionable like Kashiwagi Yuki (she only do lives), Takahashi Minami (1 single released only?) and Maeda Atsuko (3 more singles and she's done, same as Itano Tomomi )

The only one with future is Watanabe Mayu, I believe her soloist career will be resumed once she graduates from AKB

And I said several TV appareances, not performances

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 3rd July 2014, 07:03 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiaki View Post
I kinda disagreed with you the point that no one is feedback to ayu of what she shouldn't do, or what she should have done... IMO, i think those recent albums are mainly 90% idea came from ayu, but not because she doesnt have anyone to guide her... Rather, I think she is producing what she wants, instead of what the company wants (that would probably suits most of the people around)...

I might be very wrong, but yrs ago, I think that ayu has revealed too much of herself to us (she used to be like someone who doesnt really care about anything, a super cool person)... and that results the loss of the mysterious-ness in her... (I rmb someone in this forum mentioned bout this as well...). And I think, it also gotta do with the fact that she does not want to be treated as a product. Irony, this didn't turn out to be quite right... Coincidentally, her voice also become deeper as each yr goes on...

Now, I think she is living the way she wants, and she's enjoying it (i think at her stage of life, probably she needs someone who loves her, and that's more than enough?) But still, I think that she is putting her very best in giving the best quality music to us... Just that, it's in her way of doing so, rather than following to the company's way... Furthermore, I think despite her low popularity, she should still have a much say in the company...
I completely agree with this, I really think that all of what you wrote is what happens in reality and how ayu acts. I think that people should just accept it and feel ok if they disconnect from her because of it or don't like stuff she does.
Old 3rd July 2014, 07:25 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Very interesting conversation here.
I wonder if it's true she's doing what she wants and nobody dares to defy her, or (like a lot of people used to say not too long ago) she's too much influenced by others and now her tastes and way of doing things kind of changed.

Hello new me...

Old 3rd July 2014, 10:11 PM
July 1st Initiate

I know most people won't bother to read this since I'm not one of the 'popular' members nor and I one of the outspoken ones but here is what I have to say:

It is interesting to see everyone's point of view and I respect most of them (even the negative so don't even try to twist my words). Honestly I feel some of you should say something to her about it whether it be on TA or Twitter. We know she acknowledges fans on Twitter so I don't see any harm as long as it's done in a professional manner. I think maybe if someone were to spark the conversation about the 'yes men' and feeling like Ayu has lost her way then maybe a bit of the old OCD Ayu would come back?

Maybe fans could give her ideas on how to connect with them again? Maybe another LINE event (that was it wasn't it?) or even do a fan meeting events like she did during the promotion of Party Queen. Also I think appearing on radio shows would be a great idea. I think Ayu has the ability to create another big J-Pop Queen era for herself but I think at the same time I think her entire team needs to revaluate how they work.

As for TV I definitely agree she needs to be more visible on that platform. While she may not have the strongest vocals her stage presence and energy certainly makes up for it. Look at the a-nation footage for example. Both fans and non fans go crazy when she appears on stage. There is something about her that makes people happy, remember all the fan she met oversea and how they felt when meeting her even when they had met her before? I feel this is a sign she needs to perform on T.V. shows again and not just one or two at the end of the year.

As for all the other side work like magazines, eye lashes, contacts, ect. I think an overhaul could possibly be done here as well and maybe we should also tweet her new stylist for this aspect. As far as magazines go The think the amount she appears in them at the time of album releases is generally good however I think she should make some change. With someone as versatile as Ayu when it comes to fashion she could easily wear styles in all different price ranges like she used to. As for the other stuff like eye lashes, she needs to forget those little throw away projects. However I think she should still do photo books. If I'm not mistaken all the ones that she has released have been well received so if she want's to put her feet in the fashion world more I think that is the route she should go.

Ugh...sorry that was so long. I just needed to say what I was thinking. As for this album, I personally like it. The flow was a little odd at first but I'm okay with it now. I can honestly say I'm intrigued by the PVs and choice of album covers. I love the covers but I almost wish they were slip cases and the red out fit against the brick wall would have been the cover underneath but I'm not the Ayu or the Art Director so my opinion on this really doesn't matter. After writing this and reading over everyone's comments I have to say I liked being in this line of work and I'm happy I'm slowly getting back into it.

Old 3rd July 2014, 11:16 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Honestly I don't know if the tv performances help to increase the sales. When she was on that SMAP show, she had many negative comments. And when she sings, there are thousands of comments saying she is a grandma with a horrible voice.

And avex is doing some promo with the bus and billboards, obviously they care, but maybe they can't get magazines and TV performances for ayu now.

She needs to do some fan-meetings, she needs to show that even if she lives in LA, the fans are important.

IMO

TWICE

Old 3rd July 2014, 11:47 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I don't understand why people say ayu doesn't care anymore. She obviously doesn't care about her popularity or Japan's opinion of her. If she really cared about where her album would be on Oricon, she would do something to promote it apart from her usual tour.
But musically speaking, it's obvious to me she still cares. And she's just doing whatever she wants, without thinking about what's popular in Japan right now, or what would cater more to the public, what would make her sales increase. She worked with different producers for this album, some pretty famous ones in popular music, and even if the results are not pleasing for everyone, the songs are a reflection she's trying something different and expanding her horizons, something she didn't do for a while in her carreer. She's also trying the rope thingy in her shows, which is something that's totally out of her comfort zone. This is proof enough to me that she still thinks her carreer is important, she just doesn't feel like being #1 is the focus of her artistic life right now.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:04 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
I think you're pretty optimist when you say she'll stay around, don't you know most of AKB soloists are defunct? Just to name a few: Oshima Mai, Ono Erena, Kuramochi Asuka, Iwasa Misaki, Ogu Manami and Matsui Sakiko. face it
LOLWAT
Let me enlighten you:

Oshima Mai was never serious about her solo career. She started after she graduated.
Ono Erena was butthurt that she left AKB and tried to come back to showbusiness. Failed greatly and is retiring now.
Kuramochi Asuka just released a single cause she won some contest.
Iwasa Misaki has an ongoing career. It's enka, so don't expect much from it.
Oku? Really? She released a single in 2007 and you consider that a career?
Matsui Sakiko is a freaking pianist. What the hell do you expect from her? lol

The only careers AKS has been serious about are Tomochin's, Acchan's, Mayu's and Yuki's. And ALL OF THEM have had better sales than Ayu in singles as of lately. Check your facts.

And Takahashi has just released a single cause she's the freaking leader of the whole thing. Like she has time.

So yes, I do think Tomochin will continue her career for a while. If Ayu is, why can't she?

And that signature screams BUTTHURT, btw. The fact that people feel threatened by a newcomer and feel the need to stress the fact that THE ALMIGHTY AYU TOPPED TOMOCHIN...
Old 4th July 2014, 12:13 AM
GAME Initiate

She should be more concerned about her popularity if she can't fill arenas to accommodate her extravagant stage shows.

I mean, I could care less. I don't need the smoke & mirrors glitzy circus shows and if she just did shit like Limited TA Tour 2003, that'd be cool with me. But is she okay with that? Is she prepared to scale down? She's putting on these extravagant stage shows, yet can't even fill an arena in Osaka? It's just not really a good sign.

lol where are the AKB stans coming from tho?
Old 4th July 2014, 12:43 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
She should be more concerned about her popularity if she can't fill arenas to accommodate her extravagant stage shows.

I mean, I could care less. I don't need the smoke & mirrors glitzy circus shows and if she just did shit like Limited TA Tour 2003, that'd be cool with me. But is she okay with that? Is she prepared to scale down? She's putting on these extravagant stage shows, yet can't even fill an arena in Osaka? It's just not really a good sign.

lol where are the AKB stans coming from tho?
We shouldn't exaggerate with the can't fill in arena in osaka thing since it was just 1 date, the Japanese fans themselves said that it's probably because it was in the middle of the week and not on a weekend (which is irregular) and well, there weren't overload of newspapers reporting that ayu couldn't fill an arena lol.
I'm also sure avex planned in advance and could see it, it was probably worth it anyway or they would just cancel/not plan this date.

If seiko matsuda sell 2000 for an album and can fill arenas, I wouldn't worry about ayu just yet.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:44 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
J/k but yeah. If seiko matsuda sell 2000 for an album and can fill arenas, I wouldn't worry about ayu just yet.
Seiko's new album last month debuted at #5 and sold 20,000 copies.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 4th July 2014, 12:46 AM
Lelio Protector

Really? I wonder what sparked it, that's new. Her sales are still lower than ayu's since ayu's debut at least and she fills arenas.=P

It will always be that thing the number of people that go to shows is bigger than people who purchase CDs.

I mean, even without that Osaka date the SHOWCASE overall has 110,000+ attendants. That's loads of money for ayu/avex and I can definitely see why they keep doing big shows for her in big venues with the possibility of many attendants. Why would they stop it?

Last edited by ayumisrael; 4th July 2014 at 12:52 AM.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:55 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Ono Erena was butthurt that she left AKB and tried to come back to showbusiness. Failed greatly and is retiring now.
So what? she's an AKB soloist after all and she was a front line member!

Quote:
The only careers AKS has been serious about are Tomochin's, Acchan's, Mayu's and Yuki's. And ALL OF THEM have had better sales than Ayu in singles as of lately. Check your facts.
Sorry I forgot Ohori Megumi. And Tomomi's and Acchan's last singles sold like 45k each, ayu's "Angel / Lelio" sold over 60k check your facts

Quote:
So yes, I do think Tomochin will continue her career for a while. If Ayu is, why can't she?
Because for example Itano's sales drop rate is -33% per single
On the other hand Ayu's sales drop rate is only -16% per single (Since BLUE BIRD)

Itano's next single will sell like 30k and the next one after that 20k and then it's over

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!

Last edited by visionfactory; 4th July 2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 4th July 2014, 01:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

@Coelacanth
The concert being mid-week may be a good enough reason for not selling out... She usually books her gigs for weekends, doesn't she?

About the AKB stans... Ayu is so irrelevant and so low right now that other fandoms feel the need to spend their time coming over here and remembering us how unimportant she is!

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th July 2014, 01:46 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I was in tsutaya and I was going to buy the album but the songs make me a bit too depressed and ¥3000 for 10 songs isn't a good deal for someone on a tight budget I think.

But lemme tell y'all. I was on the jr going home from shinjuku. Was supposed to meet friends at some Starbucks at shinjuku but there's literally 17 billion different Starbucks around there. So I never found them, got pissed (mainly due to insane jet lag) and went home. But when the jr stopped at shibuya, I saw an ad for Colours and immediately got off. The same long lengthwise ad that was posed in a different thread by another member. I was like, time to go see Ayu at the tsutaya. It was irresistible.
Old 4th July 2014, 02:01 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
LOLWAT
Let me enlighten you:

Oshima Mai was never serious about her solo career. She started after she graduated.
Kuramochi Asuka just released a single cause she won some contest.
Iwasa Misaki has an ongoing career. It's enka, so don't expect much from it.
Oku? Really? She released a single in 2007 and you consider that a career?
Matsui Sakiko is a freaking pianist. What the hell do you expect from her? lol

And Takahashi has just released a single cause she's the freaking leader of the whole thing. Like she has time.

And that signature screams BUTTHURT, btw. The fact that people feel threatened by a newcomer and feel the need to stress the fact that THE ALMIGHTY AYU TOPPED TOMOCHIN...
Y'all both honestly sound ridiculous. Please go find another thread to be in lol. Why can't y'all be nice like in the AYU48 thread. Trying to argue over the success of ayu and akb soloists and defending them when they aren't doing well....like it matters.

Considering how much people like to say ayu is shit and act like she's at the bottom of the j-pop world, it's not surprising that some fans were surprised that she placed where she is. It's not that serious.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 4th July 2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old 4th July 2014, 02:05 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

I don't unverstand why a lot of people spend their time coming here every single day to say bad things about ayu, that now she is irrelevent, etc... If you got nothing good to say, just don't say a word please. I'm really upset about all this annoying things that have been flooding this threads. Today I came here thinking that I could catch some good conversation but it was all the same thing, a lot of people saying that ayu doesn't sell like she used to, that her concerts are flopping bla bla bla. I really love this forum but I don't think I'll be able to stay here if people who were supposed to support ayu in the first place continue to slash her this way.
Old 4th July 2014, 02:22 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

The only thing that's annoying me about the low sales is that this is such a good album and more people should be listening to it! I'm sure there's many that have bought it digitally or illegally downloaded it but I feel like this album deserves to reach more people because it's very, very good (imo)!

Old 4th July 2014, 02:27 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
I don't unverstand why a lot of people spend their time coming here every single day to say bad things about ayu, that now she is irrelevent, etc... If you got nothing good to say, just don't say a word please. I'm really upset about all this annoying things that have been flooding this threads. Today I came here thinking that I could catch some good conversation but it was all the same thing, a lot of people saying that ayu doesn't sell like she used to, that her concerts are flopping bla bla bla. I really love this forum but I don't think I'll be able to stay here if people who were supposed to support ayu in the first place continue to slash her this way.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way
Old 4th July 2014, 02:37 AM
monochrome Initiate

Why the people who doesn't care about ayu anymore still come here to comment and write long-ass texts about how irrelevant she is and how much they don't care about her anymore?

Old 4th July 2014, 02:41 AM
End of the World Initiate

I didn't realize that one could only be a fan and post here if they absolutely worshiped every release and everything Ayumi did no matter how poor they thought it was.
Closed Thread