ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III] - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th April 2018, 03:43 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
I don't want to sound bitter chantaising and you are entitled to your opinion (plus you being there in person makes you already credible in some way) but there is so much negativity in your post and even this mean comment about the reason for her crying. Considering we got a good amount of positive feedback I will hope that in the end it's a good show. Also, I think it's kind of hard to please everybody.
Was it the first time you were so displeased with her show?
About the mean comment about her crying
Trust me, After watching her performance 10 years continuously, i know how she crys and how she acts about it.
And the “can’t hit the high notes cry” had sort of happened before in “Just the beginning tour” on 31/12 performance, not just once but multiple times after she couldn’t make the high notes. i was suspecting back then. But now I double confirm my theory.

Hope it’s not true.

Even though everybody says she’s on the note in hbya, but you can hear her struggled so hard to sing it right. Her voice is so broken.

Sorry for my negative opinions, but I can’t help my disappointment towards the show.

ASIA TOUR 2007 A ~Tour of Secret~ (9.4 - Hong Kong)
ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ (29.6 - Yoyogi / 21,22.9 - Hong Kong)
ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ (11,12.4 - Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2009-2010 A ~Future Classics~ (30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
ARENA TOUR 2010 A ~Rock'n'Roll Circus~ (22,24,25.5 - Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ (30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2011-2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ (29,30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ (11,12.8 - Fukuoka / 10,11.10 - Yoyogi)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~ (29,30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (13,14.4 - Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29,30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
PREMIUM SHOWCASE ~Feel the love~ (3,4,5,6.7 - Yoyogi)
ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit (11,12.4 - Saitama)

34 times and counting...
(I want to sit in a block A arena seat for once in my life!!)
Old 8th April 2018, 04:09 AM
still alone Initiate

It's hard for me to give any opinion because I was not there and I haven't heard anything or even seen any outfits...
As for the setlist. I am disappointed. I don't understand what Ayu's vision is for this tour's song selection. I was expecting more songs, at least 1 song from each album. It doesn't have an anniversary feel. But if the performances were good that is what is most important. It's good to hear there was a focus on the music and vocals were good. I care most about the quality.
It still hasn't hit me that ever free was performed live. I was shocked about kanariya but ever free? I won't believe it until I see it. I will be devastated if Ayu removes it.
I feel bad for those that attended and felt disappointed.
Sometimes hype and high expectations can ruin an experience.
I'm still excited to watch this tour regardless.
And I think FoxyPinkGirl meant to reply to someone else or is perhaps making a sarcastic joke.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 8th April 2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 8th April 2018, 04:19 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

A)Ayu should stop to force herself that hard considering her hearing and knee.

B) The tour is too short and the setlist has way too little songs.

I hope the ones who are complaining pick only one of these positions.

I liked the setlist, I found it very different from her usual. I didn't watch the tour so I can't say if its bad or good, but I tend to really dislike her celebratory tours.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th April 2018, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
It's hard for me to give any opinion because I was not there and I haven't heard anything or even seen any outfits...
As for the setlist. I am disappointed. I don't understand what Ayu's vision is for this tour's song selection. I was expecting more songs, at least 1 song from each album. It doesn't have an anniversary feel. But if the performances were good that is what is most important. It's good to hear there was a focus on the music and vocals were good. I care most about the quality.
It still hasn't hit me that ever free was performed live. I was shocked about kanariya but ever free? I won't believe it until I see it. I will be devastated if Ayu removes it.
I feel bad for those that attended and felt disappointed.
Sometimes hype and high expectations can ruin an experience.
I'm still excited to watch this tour regardless.
And I think FoxyPinkGirl meant to reply to someone else or is perhaps making a sarcastic joke.
Well to be honest I don't think her vocals were good. She shouted most of the time and was off key. She had her moments when she was only standing and could concentrate on singing instead of throwing herself onto the floor or overdramatically running from one point of the stage to another.
Old 8th April 2018, 04:35 AM
still alone Initiate

Is this a costume from the show?

Old 8th April 2018, 05:16 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ I guess it's from JTB
Old 8th April 2018, 06:52 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Curious about the costumes. Pretty happy she sing ever free live.
Old 8th April 2018, 06:53 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Is this a costume from the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post
^ I guess it's from JTB
Chapter 2 or 3.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:02 AM
still alone Initiate

The dress is from Chapter 2 of JTB but the hair is different and looks more like her current look for Power Of Music.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 8th April 2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:24 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
nts 50% of the show[/B], 50% of this new show is recycled

So this means we get a new tour, which is a PoM 2011 version 2, except with less budget, less songs, less orchestra, less magic.
Well... none of us has an idea of the production budgets of any of these Tours, 2011 POM actually started with even less production, only one costume and no dancers... but it was a new concept.

About recycling stuff... well, with no new albums since 2 years, recycling stuff is predictable. We will have to accept that Ayu is an aging singer and she makes her money with her previous hits. You might be tired to hear SEASON, but Japanese clearly aren't since it is her most played song on Spotify. I am not an expert in Japanese industry, but the older western singers all recycle their stuff in their tours. Celine has been offering the same songs and numbers in tour and residency since almost 2 decades... and she still manages to sell out venues.

Also... they had barely 2 months to build that show... it was a last minute thing. I don't know what people were expecting but my expectations were really low and realistic.[/QUOTE]
Old 8th April 2018, 07:58 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I think budget cuts are obvious, also she finished the biggest tour in her carrer. That made her tired, overworked. She didn't rest and prepare properly for this tour, that can be reason for her dissatisfaction. I just hope that she will change something during the tour.
Old 8th April 2018, 10:12 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

The setlist for this tour looks really good (though short). I love seeing NEXT LEVEL, ever free, Mad World, Born To Be..., forgiveness, A Song for xx, and evolution and SURREAL separately. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing some footage! But it's really unfortunate to hear that many people had disappointing experiences at the arena, I hope something can be done so that the upcoming dates meet more people's expectations.
Old 8th April 2018, 10:16 AM

Setlist for the main concert was exactly the same.
Old 8th April 2018, 10:55 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I really wish I could see her live during this tour. Sometimes I like her over the top performance extravaganza but then I like the scaled back stuff too.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 8th April 2018, 11:16 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Well... none of us has an idea of the production budgets of any of these Tours, 2011 POM actually started with even less production, only one costume and no dancers... but it was a new concept.

About recycling stuff... well, with no new albums since 2 years, recycling stuff is predictable. We will have to accept that Ayu is an aging singer and she makes her money with her previous hits. You might be tired to hear SEASON, but Japanese clearly aren't since it is her most played song on Spotify. I am not an expert in Japanese industry, but the older western singers all recycle their stuff in their tours. Celine has been offering the same songs and numbers in tour and residency since almost 2 decades... and she still manages to sell out venues.

Also... they had barely 2 months to build that show... it was a last minute thing. I don't know what people were expecting but my expectations were really low and realistic.
1- I think the less budget is obvious, no new costumes (for now) and less orchestra people lol

2- I'm not complaining about her performing SEASONS, on the contrary i'm happy to see it performed during a tour and not just on tv. I'm complaining that she's recycling stuff from the SAME tour (PoM 2011), you can't just throw a 20th anniversary tour, call it PoM and recycle half the original show like that.

3- "Also... they had barely 2 months to build that show... it was a last minute thing." exactly, why would they do that? Throwing a new tour just for the sake of doing a new tour? Sounds unprofessional and immature to me, Ayu always say "i want to deliver the best performance for everyone" but this rushed tour is the total opposite of that.

And yet they're charging people more, increasing ticket prices!

I'm sure Ayu will change things, that the final shows won't be the same, but it's a pity for those who attended those first shows.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 8th April 2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 8th April 2018, 11:22 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

It's extremely clear, fans have to get used to shorter, lower budget concerts from ayu. Those who cannot live with this, ayu doesn't give a crap.

From my POV, it's a little short, but there exists many great songs in which I haven't heard it live like forgiveness, BRILLANTE, Mad World, TO BE, ever free. So, I think it's still a good concert.
Old 8th April 2018, 11:56 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Well to be honest I don't think her vocals were good. She shouted most of the time and was off key. She had her moments when she was only standing and could concentrate on singing instead of throwing herself onto the floor or overdramatically running from one point of the stage to another.
this is so sad to hear, especially after having seen that near-perfect CDTV performance. in the TV performance it did feel like she's still getting used to the non-shouty technique of singing, and I hope she does get accustomed to it soon because she sounded amazing! I'm not gonna shut up about how amazing this performance is anytime soon <3
Old 8th April 2018, 12:00 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I'll post my review when I get home
Let's just say I had a great time from B&D onwards lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 8th April 2018, 12:01 PM
End roll Initiate

For a normal tour I would really like the setlist but for the 20th anniversary not so much. Normally I'd be all over rarer songs like ever free at last! But for her 20th I kind of want more of her hits? Like M, Dearest, Fly high, Who...

I actually wouldn't have minded if she had semi recycled her best performances with a few new ones if they were a selection of her best outfits and stage set ups. She has done so many tours it is difficult to come up with something new especially when it seems she doesn't have the budget of previous tours now.
Old 8th April 2018, 12:14 PM
Initiate

Budget is one thing, dancers can get new costumes and ayu cant?

How expensive is it to actually get all new costumes? I don’t get it.

But anyway, today’s show was amazing, i can feel her energy today! Vocals were top too!!!
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
20th anniversary, arena tour 2018, power of music