[News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th April 2012, 04:54 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

lol!! the timing is soooo late..
A rerecord would be interesting but unnecessary.

maybe we'll see more evolution performances in the future then????

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 26th April 2012, 04:55 AM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
maybe ayu will re-record evolution like a 2012 version
It'll be awesome
Old 26th April 2012, 04:55 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Really interesting. I wonder why this even came about?

But perhaps Ayu will release a summer single and include this on it, kind of like Secret when it was put on glitter / fated.

The plot actually sounds really cool. I remember hearing news about this movie awhile ago, interesting that Ayu will be associated with it.

And this sort of thing -does- happen. Using an old song as a theme song. Off the top of my head, the Japanese version of Kiki's Delivery Service used songs that were released in 1974 and 1975 as it's theme songs. The film was released in 1989. Just sayin'. haha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 26th April 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 26th April 2012, 06:10 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixflame15 View Post
Wishful thinking, but maybe she will do a new vocal edit?
which means A Best 3 *cough* filler *cough* would probably be coming out... it wouldn't surprise me if there is a vocal edit
Old 26th April 2012, 06:54 AM
Love song H-Initiate

On April 26th, a new poster for the upcoming movie “Helter Skelter” was revealed along with the announcement that Hamasaki Ayumi’s 20th single “evolution” (released in 2001) will be used as its theme song.

“Helter Skelter” is directed by Ninagawa Mika and marks the comeback of actress Sawajiri Erika after a five year-long abstinence from the silver screen. It tells the story of a woman named ‘Ririko’ (Sawajiri), who received cosmetic surgery on her entire body, thus allowing her to become a shining top star in the entertainment industry. Eventually, however, her body starts to deteriorate due to the procedure’s after-effects. During this time, ‘Ririko’ causes many incidents one right after another, drawing people around her into the fray.

Ninagawa commented that Hamasaki and her song “evolution” perfectly match the movie’s theme and world view. “It’s a movie about a woman who flexibly keeps on her feet, although she’s getting consumed by the city called Tokyo,” she explained. “I don’t think there is any artist better suited for such a theme than Hamasaki Ayumi.”

She continued, “Whether people like the song or not, they all know it’s from Hamasaki Ayumi after listening to it for a second and they are able to hum the melody. That’s proof of its wonderful originality and energy which never seemto vanish.”

Hamasaki herself revealed, “With pleasure I accepted the offer, after all it was Ninagawa who wished for me to provide the theme song, and moreover, it’s a very important movie for Erika, my junior from the same agency.” She added, “I myself am very emotionally attached to this song and that’s why it makes me very happy that I’m able to give more people the chance to listen to it for the first time and let it leave an impression on them.”

Sawajiri, who has been a big fan of Hamasaki for a very long time, also was delighted to hear about the collaboration and commented, “I was so happy when I heard that ‘evolution’ was going to be the theme song for this movie. I think that with Ayu’s song the movie became even more colorful and charming than it already was.”

The new poster for “Helter Skelter” features an exclusive photograph taken by Ninagawa just for this purpose. It was shot on set in the room with the huge projection of a pair of lips, with Sawajiri striking a provocative expression for the camera. As typical for Ninagawa’s works, it’s a richly colored photograph that is sure to make an impact on everyone who sees it. It will be put up at cinemas nationwide starting on April 28th.

“Helter Skelter” itself will open on July 14th.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/04/ham...elter-skelter/
Old 26th April 2012, 06:54 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
Such strange news. I had thought that she re-recorded evolution and they're using the new version as the theme song.

Oh wouldn't that be fantastic? I think I read somewhere that ayu herself is a fan of evolution; I wonder what's keeping her from re-recording the song. It would be awesome to have a 2012 version of evolution with her darker, mature rockish voice.

Now my mind's going.

no need to re-record and most likely destroy what's already perfect.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 26th April 2012, 06:57 AM
until that Day… Initiate

this is so cool.
and i hope it'll be a 2012 version, that'll be great!
but guess that it won't happen.
Old 26th April 2012, 07:07 AM
Trauma Initiate

i hope this song will have new arrangement, new vokal, with her new vibraaaa....
Old 26th April 2012, 07:16 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I hope for a new rerecord also like what Hikki did with Eternally for that Drama

But I wonder, why evolution?
Old 26th April 2012, 07:17 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
It would be nice if she did a re-record but I highly doubt it will happen. It seems they want to use the original for a lot of reasons. Very cool that 'evolution' got chosen for the theme song.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 26th April 2012, 07:22 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
I hope for a new rerecord also like what Hikki did with Eternally for that Drama

But I wonder, why evolution?
It wasn't a rerecord, just a remix...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th April 2012, 07:29 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Just finished reading the manga. It was really good.

Considering this is the same director as Sakuran, this is sure to be an amazing film. I think it will be one of those films that goes down in pop culture history haha.

I'm definitely going to go see it.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 26th April 2012, 08:33 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

STOP omg I have been looking forward to this movie and have read the manga a few times!! Now another reason why I am so excited! I think the reason they chose an old song has something to do with how Erika's character is a deteriorating idol (not that Ayu is, but rather that the song is something from the past).

This movie really looks to be good. I LOVE that Erika is returning to films with a character like this. The sort of correlation between the character and her real life celebrite are interesting!

I am not surprised AYu is a fan of the manga. I really think every singer/actress/model/celebrity should read it. It has such great commentary on fame and the game of fame and what it does to people. Wouldn't surprise me if it influenced her back in 2003-2004 for some of her lyrics on My Story!! I could even see influence in lyrics like Do it again.

Ill be in line at the theater the day it comes out in Japan!

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 26th April 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 26th April 2012, 08:45 AM
Initiate

They're using an old Ayu song??

I'll be more excited if it's a new latest song. oh well...

Namie-Fans.net
Old 26th April 2012, 08:45 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Oo nice concept of the movie
I hope there could be a sub-theme song for the movie too..hahaha..and Ayu will sing it..and hopefully we can get a ballad evolution for the sadder parts...heh
Old 26th April 2012, 09:17 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Just finished reading the manga. It was really good.

Considering this is the same director as Sakuran, this is sure to be an amazing film. I think it will be one of those films that goes down in pop culture history haha.

I'm definitely going to go see it.
I saw the Sakuran thing and I was like "Ohhhhh. OH." haha.

I am sure that evolution was chosen for an extremely fitting reason.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:26 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Exactly. It really is going to add a whole new layer to the story. I am so interested to see how the director interprets the manga. For example, in the manga the main character doesn't so much go through plastic surgery, but a more "frankenstein" like operation (although it is a great commentary on what plastic surgery really is!) It seems she is going to root this a bit more in reality then the manga (but of course use her always perfect over the top colorful style). It'll be intresting how explicit the film will be. The manga was pretty explicit,and I would imagine a film like the manga would be rated X! But I can still see the director not shying away from the dark sides of the story, after seeing Sakuran.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 26th April 2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:45 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Well, IMO both Ayu and Erika fits the decadent/deteriorating idol on the public's eyes, and even among their fanbases (can't say this about Erika, but a lot of people over here for example DO believe Ayu is deteriorating on front of us). Also, the deteriorating idol is a common theme on Ayu iconography (1Love, alterna, Sparkle, Don't Look Back, Crossroad videos are all about this).

It's a classic song so people can easily recognize it during the movie... A new song would never have this effect

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 26th April 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:55 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^I agree. I have been studying what Japanese people react when I bring up the two stars. People really show a clear disdain of Erika, while Ayumi its more, "oh i don't follow her anymore, but she is so popular and I love (insert staple song) so much! She is beautiful!" For erika I get alot of "....oh I really don't like her" "Oh Erika..."
The general reaction seems to just be Ayu has the typical reaction of a star who has been around for so long, while the Japanese have really lost respect for Erika and disdain her because of what she did.

It is interesting some images in Don't Look Back match up with images from the movie trailer and the manga! Also the FIVE photoshoot

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 26th April 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:58 AM
End roll Initiate

that is so random....

I hope she attends the premier or something

need more Erika and Ayu interactions *__*

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, evolution, hamasaki ayumi, helter skelter