14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [IV] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2013, 09:00 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, it did seem to be a bit of a YouTube hit. I think it's one of her most viewed tracks on YouTube if not THE highest on her channel with 2.4 million views and counting. It's possible that it was pretty well liked considering it's been years since her last upbeat summer track.
I will never understand people. (xD;; Is not like I hate it, but I just think there's nothing really special about it.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:02 AM
TO BE Initiate

So, it's basically the poster song for the whole era.

I actually don't mind it, once you get over the cheesy lyrics, and the rather spontaneous arrangement, it's not a terrible song.

When it was first released, I actually didn't like it at all. I'm pretty sure I expressed that opinion on here when it was released, and I was one of very few who shared a negative critique. Now I'm at peace with it (and everybody else can't stand it LOL).
Old 4th January 2013, 09:02 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Other than it being glaringly similar to Rihanna's "We Found Love" the song doesn't really bother me, but it's definitely inferior to her other summer songs.

I think Wake me up is a lot better.
de tu puño y letra
Old 4th January 2013, 09:04 AM
TO BE Initiate

I also think Wake me up is a lot better.

But, I think the real stars of this era have been the ballads.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:05 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
Other than it being glaringly similar to Rihanna's "We Found Love" the song doesn't really bother me, but it's definitely inferior to her other summer songs.

I think Wake me up is a lot better.
yeah, same thoughts exactly plus maybe irritating english.
Wmu is her best uplifting track since forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
I also think Wake me up is a lot better.

But, I think the real stars of this era have been the ballads.
well, those ballads (besides Melody) - Missing, Sweet scar and Ivy - I love em. There's something fresh in them, and they are so unique from each other!

pluuuuuuuuuus
I think we might get something OTHER than A BEST 3, just saying.
It might be like shock of the century or sth XD;;;;;
I will not be surprised to be honest XD
Old 4th January 2013, 09:07 AM
from your letter Initiate

Looking at how A BEST and A BEST 2 were compiled, I'd think that A BEST 3 may boast some sort of concept (whatever that could be) in a multi-disc format, that will mostly feature singles, and album tracks that had its own PV up to a certain cut-off. I think it'd be kind of cool if A BEST 3 had three audio discs, so a trend would follow in which each volume increased by one disc, and there is definitely ample material to work with for three discs. Although it's generally agreed that Bold & Delicious/Pride was deliberately left off of A BEST 2 due to the album description back in the day, I think that these BEST album would represent a much more holistic approach to Ayu's discography if some GEO material is placed on A BEST 3 as well.

Last edited by Kogepan_19; 4th January 2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:09 AM

I'm just now in the past week or so catching up with the new songs and I think I like most of them. I had heard song 4 u when it leaked and didn't care for it but it has grown on me.

Anything is better than... Party Queen. I've never heard the whole album in its entirety but it was all I could do to listen to the iTunes previews and not cry.
de tu puño y letra
Old 4th January 2013, 09:14 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I find that the Party Queen dislike is a lot like the RAINBOW hate from that era. Hopefully Party Queen gets appreciated sooner rather than later eventually.

Since Ayu has some magazines coming up around LOVE again, I wonder if she's going to elaborate on the songs from LOVE/again and the PVs at all.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:17 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
I find that the Party Queen dislike is a lot like the RAINBOW hate from that era. Hopefully Party Queen gets appreciated sooner rather than later eventually.

Since Ayu has some magazines coming up around LOVE again, I wonder if she's going to elaborate on the songs from LOVE/again and the PVs at all.
I don't get PQ hate. I really like the fact there's only one ballad in it <3 XD
That's why I started to avoid Love songs, this album puts me to sleep.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:17 AM
TO BE Initiate

I like Party Queen's originality, but that's kind of where it stops for me.
I do like reminds me, Return Road, Eyes Smoke Magic, and the next LOVE though.
Tell me why seems to be pretty popular in the fanbase.

It amazes me how much Ayu's musical style can change in one year.
Absolutely profound.

@Pepper: I think Ivy is one of my favourite Ayu ballads full stop. It's perfection. I really missed Ayu's self evaluation lyrics.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:19 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
I hope that she does! I'm particularly curious as to why she decided to highlight issues of domestic abuse and failed relationships in such a vivid manner with a new found lover. I wonder if the new trilogy bears any reflection of her own failed relationship with Mannie...
Old 4th January 2013, 09:21 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We may get some of the explanations we're looking for in the PV makings perhaps since they've mentioned concepts a few times during that footage so I'm looking forward to that as well!

Since we're on the topic of makings, Maro imitating Timmy or something during the You & Me making = HILARIOUS. ONE MORE TIME ONE MORE TIME THANK U THANK U

It's going to be rather weird to watch the snowy kiss making with the fighting and all.

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th January 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:21 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:

@Pepper: I think Ivy is one of my favourite Ayu ballads full stop. It's perfection. I really missed Ayu's self evaluation lyrics.
I don't even know why. It just reminds me of feeling I got when I heard Key ~eternal tie ver.~ for the first time. Hot tea with rasperry syroup and those 2 songs makes a perfect match.
It became my favorite song from those 2 mini-albums.

Last edited by pepper; 4th January 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
I don't get PQ hate. I really like the fact there's only one ballad in it <3 XD
That's why I started to avoid Love songs, this album puts me to sleep.
I'm the most unreliable source, but weren't the first three songs "the party" and then the rest midtempoacousticballadblah? And then the "jazz"...
de tu puño y letra
Old 4th January 2013, 09:27 AM
TO BE Initiate

^ It's extremely erratic. But that's probably more one of it's pros. It's completely different to anything she's done before (with the exception of call/Letter, the mid-tempo acoustics).

I agree with Love songs being boring though, most of the songs on there are individual listens for me.
I guess it's because one composer definitely dominated.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:27 AM
Initiate

Quote:

There was a "RAINBOW hate" ??
Old 4th January 2013, 09:31 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
I'm the most unreliable source, but weren't the first three songs "the party" and then the rest midtempoacousticballadblah? And then the "jazz"...
3 party songs (Party queen, NaNaNa, Shake it)
~rock interlude~
Rock/guitar flavored/dark songs (I don't really consider them as ballads beside maybe Letter. But still, it's not her typical "medium song" I guess. For me, her typical mediums are Melody, beloved *medium ballads* Letter is that "MY STORY" medium type song - the same feeling gave me November from Love songs.)
- call (acoustic uptempo, typical "Avril Lavigne" poprock song.)
- Letter (medium warm song)
- reminds me (dark angsty one)
- Return Road (an epic dark track with much going on)
- Tell me why (nostalgic rnb?)
~cup of tea cute interlude with dubstep lol~
2 songs cosider as jazz - but it's a bad choice of words. They are not even jazzy in comon, they are cabaret styled.
1 ballad.

Last edited by pepper; 4th January 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:32 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster View Post
There was a "RAINBOW hate" ??
RAINBOW's one of the least liked albums after ASFXX from her earlier works, sadly. Though anything when compared to LOVEppears/Duty/I am... is probably not going to be 'liked' as much since a lot of her classics came from those eras. For w/e reason, I think people did not receive RAINBOW too well due to its ethereal sound after having some pretty strong singles that didn't sound anything like what was on the album.

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th January 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:32 AM
TO BE Initiate

Honestly, I think anything that would have come after I am... would have been subject to some serious negativity. :/
Old 4th January 2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
^ It's extremely erratic. But that's probably more one of it's pros. It's completely different to anything she's done before (with the exception of call/Letter, the mid-tempo acoustics).

I agree with Love songs being boring though, most of the songs on there are individual listens for me.
I guess it's because one composer definitely dominated.
I liked Love songs retrospectively, but right now the only album song I can remember liking is Love song.

November, sending mail, thank u were so atrocious. She made it up with FIVE (sans beloved).

I pretty much only like every other release by this lady but that's fine with me seeing how prolific she is.
de tu puño y letra
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, hamasaki ayumi, love again