New single MOON / blossom 7/14, 1st part of 3 single project [III] - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th June 2010, 06:12 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

What's the deal with Arashi? They're just releasing ONLY ONE SONG (plus instrumental of it - "To be free"), and they're about to release a new album also, so what? And they only have one version - it's only a two-disc CD+DVD version!
Old 7th June 2010, 06:17 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
What's the deal with Arashi? They're just releasing ONLY ONE SONG (plus instrumental of it - "To be free"), and they're about to release a new album also, so what? And they only have one version - it's only a two-disc CD+DVD version!
they have huge fangirls.its not that they won't sell much because of the single contain only 1 song.its the fans who are like ayu's fans who want to buy it as collection.

Old 7th June 2010, 06:19 AM
poker face Initiate

i cannot freaking WAIT for this single!! i'm so pumped up, lol

Sets by ownsarai

formerly commander-kawaii123

Old 7th June 2010, 06:20 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Yay! Can't wait.
I'm very curious to how the cover will look like.
Old 7th June 2010, 06:38 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Boku no Miteiru Fukei will be released in 2CDs edition , not a 2CDs + DVD edition

it's To be free that will only be released in CD + DVD & this time round it's not limited . There's a 1st press bonus & this's the limited aspect of things

for someone who say that he has been following ARASHI since late 2007 , you seem to me that you don't get your facts right most of the time & I myself follow the guys since mid 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
they have huge fangirls.its not that they won't sell much because of the single contain only 1 song.its the fans who are like ayu's fans who want to buy it as collection.
correcto

I was a crazy Johnny's fangirl . I'm glad I'm not in that league anymore but like what Pei Yee said , fangirls will get their singles , be it whether there's 1 song or whatever for collector's sake

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 7th June 2010, 09:01 AM
BEST Initiate

Let's not turn this into a "I KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM" topic >.<.

Considering Johnny's artists reputation for strongly dropping sales in the second week, I don't see this as a matter of concern. Only if their first week for To be Free is A LOT higher than Troublemaker and MONSTER will I start to worry.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:06 AM

lol honestly something will be really wrong if the 1st week sales for To be free will be on par if not higher than Monster & Troublemaker D:

To be free doesn't have a strong tie in other than it being used in the ad of Asahi's Mitsuya Cider soft drink which Sakura Sho appeared in & it's only released in 1 edition

Monster & Troublemaker were different as they had drama tie in & were released in 2 editions

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 7th June 2010, 09:17 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
Jup, that's the "problem" with Arashi. Their fanbase is insane (as in mad!) and I say this as an Arashi-fan...I'm just not so crazy about them.

But I personally really don't care about this so-called competition between artists.
I'm proud of Ayu, no matter how much she sells. She is my favourite Japanese artist and I love her. I don't care if she is #1, #10 or #75. As long as her music stays the way it is (on the same high level), everything is fine.
I don't care for numbers!!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 7th June 2010, 10:11 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
Jup, that's the "problem" with Arashi. Their fanbase is insane (as in mad!) and I say this as an Arashi-fan...I'm just not so crazy about them.

But I personally really don't care about this so-called competition between artists.
I'm proud of Ayu, no matter how much she sells. She is my favourite Japanese artist and I love her. I don't care if she is #1, #10 or #75. As long as her music stays the way it is (on the same high level), everything is fine.
I don't care for numbers!!

Still, she doesn't do half bad at all! She's still far from it.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:48 AM
BEST Initiate

Haha, of course. My obsession with her position and her record and her sales have nothing to do with how much I like her. As long as she keeps making music that's this awesome I won't complain <3

(Besides, it's not like she's doing terrible. Look at other artists from her era that sold amazingly in the beginning ... Mai Kuraki, MISIA ... they're struggling to sell over 100k in albums and their singles, don't even get me started on those.)
Old 7th June 2010, 10:56 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Yeah, especially when you could barely place Ayu into a single genre as the majority of her songs don't have a strongly defined genre. And you can't just classify her as POP cuz the music she doesn't isn't really all that popular atm.
Technically pop does mean popular music. But its a sound too. Its possible for a song to be pop but not popular in terms of sales success and that. And how is Ayu's music not popular? o____O

fated to me is a rock ballad. MOON doesn't sound like one.. yet.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:05 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
Let's not turn this into a "I KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM" topic >.<.

Considering Johnny's artists reputation for strongly dropping sales in the second week, I don't see this as a matter of concern. Only if their first week for To be Free is A LOT higher than Troublemaker and MONSTER will I start to worry.
^I think Karen's response was because Big Top posts kind of strange things when it comes to sales discussions I think.

Honestly, its more a question of how much of Sunrise's sales can Ayu retain and not how much can Arashi sell in their second week. Ayu's sales can't drop more than 5k for this release, otherwise Arashi has a legitimate shot. But with 4 versions and Arashi's single not having a strong tie in, it's probably fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
While they definitely have fan girls - just like any other boyband - these days all kinds of people buy their stuff. Even a few of the male teachers at my schools (who are all 40+) have bought Arashi's last couple of singles.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 7th June 2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^I think Karen's response was because Big Top posts kind of strange things when it comes to sales discussions I think.
yeah that's right

I wasn't trying to be a show off that I know more than the average person when comes to Johnny's or non Johnny's when comes to information

for Bigtop to say that he has been an ARASHI fan longer than me but yet the type of answer/replies he gave is saying something otherwise

& this's not the 1st time something like that has happened , I've seen similar type of replies he gave in the Johnny's threads on here

Quote:
Honestly, its more a question of how much of Sunrise's sales can Ayu retain and not how much can Arashi sell in their second week. Ayu's sales can't drop more than 5k for this release, otherwise Arashi has a legitimate shot. But with 4 versions and Arashi's single not having a strong tie in, it's probably fine.
& with Ohno releasing that insert song he did/sang in the Kaibutsu-Kun drama on 7th July , sales will be divided of sorts between this & To be free

Quote:
While they definitely have fan girls - just like any other boyband - these days all kinds of people buy their stuff. Even a few of the male teachers at my schools (who are all 40+) have bought Arashi's last couple of singles.
yeah it's scary

quite a big bulk of their fanbase doesn't centres on school girls anymore . Now it has been somewhat shifted to women who're old enough to be my mum & let alone my aunt X_X & then now it's guys too D:

This's the group of people that has even more spending power than a poor student like me .__.

Old 7th June 2010, 11:26 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post

Still, she doesn't do half bad at all! She's still far from it.
Of course not!
Ayu does great! I'm always so proud of her!!

I just meant, that I normally don't look up how much she sells, because I just don't care about it.
For me, she is the best and she will always stay the best!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 7th June 2010, 11:37 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ I think its fine if she isn't number 1 too. I'm just excited that there is actually a bit of competition on the charts for once; makes things more interesting.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:42 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ I think its fine if she isn't number 1 too. I'm just excited that there is actually a bit of competition on the charts for once; makes things more interesting.
Yeah, at least the singles charts tend to be quite competitive unlike the album charts and I am really curious to see how and will AVEX boost the promotion.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 7th June 2010, 11:53 AM
Far away Initiate

CDJapan just announced on Twitter that the Jacket C of blossom/MOON has been cancelled by Avex.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-31892

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Old 7th June 2010, 11:56 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ That's kind of strange.

http://twitter.com/cdjapan
Old 7th June 2010, 11:58 AM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuawas View Post
CDJapan just announced on Twitter that the Jacket C of blossom/MOON has been cancelled by Avex.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-31892
I was just here to announce it!!

Why did they cancel it?! I bought both editions of CD+DVD
Old 7th June 2010, 12:02 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSenshi View Post
I was just here to announce it!!

Why did they cancel it?! I bought both editions of CD+DVD
I don't know
But I didn't expect it.. I'm sure they have their reasons to do that, but I can't figure out which ones xD

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, moon / blossom, moon/blossom