[A] New album in 2012 ~II~ - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2011, 09:21 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyomi View Post
^

Btw I'd call Love songs the new RAINBOW just because it's rather different from her usual sound. I mean, all her albums doesn't sound the same but somehow RAINBOW stands out as for Love songs. But nope they're not similar

Anyway I'm really hoping for a new rock song
This is the kind of comparison there was a lot of a while ago, that's what I was talking about not that they're stylistically the same...

set made my me

Old 29th November 2011, 09:26 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^^Ummm or read my post more clearly. I honestly wasn't sure if the post was sarcastic, because I believe so many are tired of the same old, boring, mid-tempo pop songs. They all sound "safe" and the same.

Mundane taste meaning there's no variety...and there isn't, if you want the same thing over and over. Even though a lot of us here are hoping for upbeat tracks, we wouldn't ALWAYS want them...then we'd get bored of them too. Isn't variety the spice of life? That's all I'm saying. You can like whatever the hell you want. lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 29th November 2011, 09:31 PM
I am... Initiate

Just to explains why I said I prefer FIVE:
Both FIVE and Memorial Address include two tracks I absolutely adore. progress/BRILLANTE and forgiveness/Memorial Address. But the rest of Memorial Address is simply nothing special to me. With the exception of HANABI ~Episode II~, ourselves and Because of You - but ONLY performed live since I don't like the studio versions. Greatful Days? Probably my least favorite Ayumi song together with AUDIENCE and Fly High. ANGEL's SONG? Catchy but not on one level with the rest. No way to say...? Really tacky and the same song she has released 15 times before, I enjoy it live but it's nothing new or especially great in any way.

For FIVE I like every song in one way or another in the studio versions and except for beloved every song is something new for Ayumi in one way or another. And when you look at the amount of songs included FIVE has a bigger part of songs I really love. 40% compared to Memorial Address' 25%. So...that explains my love for FIVE.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:54 PM
TO BE Initiate

ooh this is interesting! I asked Timmy when I met him if he was involved in the recordings and he said something like 'at the moment I'm just going to the studio with ayu but not singing' and I said to him 'you can't tell us anyway, can you ' hahaha

The rockish sound and Timmy's punk looking clothes (I think he's wearing a jacket on top to keep warm) makes sense. The site asking for extras wanted people with extreme looks. So maybe part of this rockish pv is set in an alternative night club. I love that she lets the place she's recording/filming influence her work (altho they tend to be stereotypes XD e.g. rnrc and mirrorcle world).
Old 29th November 2011, 10:08 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Lolol red diaper I totally see it. & the tassles look like sausages...how weiiird...

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 29th November 2011, 10:12 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
FIVEs ***** all over Memorial Address for me. The inclusion of Greatful Days destroys that EP for me and No Way To Say...is just tacky.
I don't really think FIVE is better but finally someone not talking about how ~amazing & flawless~ Memorial address is . There are really only 3 outstanding songs on there imo (Memorial address, Because of You, HANABI ~ep 2~) the rest are either terrible or just ok.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:34 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
^^Ummm or read my post more clearly. I honestly wasn't sure if the post was sarcastic, because I believe so many are tired of the same old, boring, mid-tempo pop songs. They all sound "safe" and the same.

Mundane taste meaning there's no variety...and there isn't, if you want the same thing over and over. Even though a lot of us here are hoping for upbeat tracks, we wouldn't ALWAYS want them...then we'd get bored of them too. Isn't variety the spice of life? That's all I'm saying. You can like whatever the hell you want. lol
Not everyone is bored of them, and not all of them are the same. Like I said, in my opinion, her rock is mundane and she's be doing it too much. Read my post again.

She's not done the style in Crossroad and November for a while, until Love Songs.

My taste is not mundane because I enjoy a certain style from her, I don't just listen to Ayu. :p Again, I think she's done too much rock, and Ayu rock isn't my cup of tea.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:54 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

well... that Japanese person is me xD lol I was so surprised when I found this lol And I'm not girl..... lol
Old 29th November 2011, 11:15 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
This album feels sooo much like R'n'RC part 2. Part of me expects it to sound like R'n'RC, but she's never had two albums that sound particularly similar.
You're concluding that from knowing there's *a* rock song and *a* dancey song? O___O

We don't even have any singles to tell what direction she's heading, and many times we can't even trust that.
de tu puņo y letra
Old 29th November 2011, 11:19 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
You're concluding that from knowing there's *a* rock song and *a* dancey song? O___O

We don't even have any singles to tell what direction she's heading, and many times we can't even trust that.
No, I meant from how we're finding out all these little pieces of information so far in advance, how one PV is set in a club so most people are drawing parallels to Lady Dynamite, how it's also set in London, etc.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:23 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I don't believe that 'you have to get why people dislike songs' at all. I mean like everyone has their own opinion about stuff, and trying to find out about that is kinda senseless, sure informative but in the context regarding what happens with that info on this forum; senseless. When someone dislikes Grateful Day, I honestly don't think that you have to 'investigate' why they do...

edit;

Same thing I thought while reading his comment... Just skip him . Such behavior....
Well I'm speaking from the perspective that it seems Greatful days gets a lot of crap from a MAJORITY of people. And I could understand a few people here and there not liking it, but when it is clear that many people regard this song as boring or have such hatred for it... I am puzzled. For me, this is a classic Ayu song. I mean, it really is not THAT cutesy. It is a lot less cutesy than glitter, BLUE BIRD, Beautiful Fighters (which this one is understandable even though I like it). I'm just very confused as to how so many people can dislike this song. It's unique - the beat is fresh. I guess we'll never know...

Old 29th November 2011, 11:27 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I don't believe that 'you have to get why people dislike songs' at all. I mean like everyone has their own opinion about stuff, and trying to find out about that is kinda senseless, sure informative but in the context regarding what happens with that info on this forum; senseless. When someone dislikes Grateful Day, I honestly don't think that you have to 'investigate' why they do...
I'm not talking about do why someone dislike a song. I mean, I wouldn't make out a big deal if somebody dislike a song while I love it. Really. But there are songs (especially, nor only, here in AHS) that always get hate by fans.
Greatful days and Humming 7/4 are two good examples.
If you ask which song do you hate of Memorial Address and MY STORY, those two would be on first positions.

And I never get why people hate them so much, because there is not anything wrong with them. But you're right, this is kinda a senseless discussion because everyone has their own tastes. I was just curious lol.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 29th November 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:28 PM
Because of You Initiate

Because of you is also overrated. Meh.

I really think that previous works are glorified just because they are previous. At the moment she releases them everyone is like 'omg the worst thing ever, whats wrong with her, what the hell is she thinking, her career is over forever, im done with my life'.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:29 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I get why people might not like Greatful days, but I don't really get why everyone thinks it's so annoying. Like zeke said, it's not sickeningly cutesy like glitter, Beautiful Fighters, etc. but it gets so much more hate than they do for being "annoying." idgi.
Old 30th November 2011, 12:29 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I love Greatful days' PV but that's about it.
Old 30th November 2011, 12:36 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post
Oh no you didn't.

set made my me

Old 30th November 2011, 03:16 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post

I really think that previous works are glorified just because they are previous. At the moment she releases them everyone is like 'omg the worst thing ever, whats wrong with her, what the hell is she thinking, her career is over forever, im done with my life'.
There's plenty of old works that are just as much hated as newer ones. s There's definitely the nostalgia factor for her old stuff, but you don't get nostalgia over things you don't care for.

@TomPunks- Phew
de tu puņo y letra
Old 30th November 2011, 03:22 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
FIVEs ***** all over Memorial Address for me. The inclusion of Greatful Days destroys that EP for me and No Way To Say...is just tacky.
Just go away.
Old 30th November 2011, 03:34 AM
Dolls Initiate

I hope this album will be nothing like RnRC, it's my only wish.
Timmy's red diaper reminds me of Lady Dynamite, and I really dislike this song...
And I don't want another "rock-wannabe" album. RnRC got the looks, but included 3 "rock-vibed" songs (LD, Microphone and countdown and the real rocky-vibe was only Microphone) I love Ayu rockvibed songs but closer to Memorial, My Story, I am or (m)u. I don't want them to be as massive as on GUILTY (they still feells a little too weird for me, but I still like em) Ayu's music genres are very diffrent, so the themed-albums doesn't fit her well. (Love songs was a little confusing with the title)

And please, no cutesy-rock covers with "innocent lamb" eye-look like RnRC. If Ayu wants to do something with a sharp claw, then it should be something like FIVE or talkin' 2 myself (or even NEVER EVER) covers. Something a lil' bit sexy, a lil bit edgy, and a lil bit of massive star. The harajuku-kawaii-cute-rock look doesn't fit Ayu. I wish the title/covers/theme can fit the wise-world of her songs, cause I'm hoping that not all the songs will be in one "genre" cause it's kinda surrealistic idea (she never done that in studio albums not including ASfxx, but NEXT LEVEL was kinda close ;D)

Last edited by pepper; 30th November 2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 30th November 2011, 03:38 AM
from your letter Initiate

I've been listening to Akiko Shikata, and I think Ayu should ask her kindly to arrange/compose a song or two for her if she'd be willing. Her arrangements are amazing, and she draws from classical music, of which Ayu seems to be fond as of late.

"I've been and am absurdly over-estimated.
There are no supermen, and I'm quite ordinary, and will say so whatever the artistic results.
In that point I'm one of the few people who tell the truth about myself.
"--T.E.Lawrence

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 2012, ayumi hamasaki, new album