Ayu is to perform at Kishidan Banpaku/Expo 2012! (09/17/12) - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th September 2012, 03:08 AM
opening Run Initiate

When do DVDs with these concerts usually come out?
Old 9th September 2012, 03:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The last one to be released was the 10th anniversary concert and that came out in December of the year it happened.
Old 9th September 2012, 03:19 AM
Two of us Initiate

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.... I can't wait...
hmmmm.... the forgotten song??? i hope she perform Liar and criminal... or kiss'o kill !!!!!! OMG that's must be amazing...
but it sure A Song for XX, surreal~evolution~surreal and Humming7/4 are on the setlist

Last edited by Agieboyz; 9th September 2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 9th September 2012, 03:44 AM
TO BE Initiate

Hmmmm, as a greater rock fan than a pop fan (Ayu is a minority in my iTunes), I've always found Ayu's rock songs kind of lame; and I think this is why some fans don't consider her songs that integrate electric/bass guitar, plus drums as rock. I've always felt as if Ayu's rock songs are just pop songs with selective instruments. It is the attitude of a rock song that actually allows it to become that way. Take Nirvana, or the Smashing Pumpkins for example. I really cannot imagine Ayu singing about hippie chick's drinking penny royal tea as to abort their pregnancies like Kurt Cobain, or proclaiming 'despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage' like Billy Corgan. Though, both these bands came to prominence in the grunge era, so it is kind of unfair to argue these examples when lighter music out there is also considered rock.

I reckon the closest she has ever come to rock is Duty. End of the World still blows my mind; it has that edge of insanity about it.
Old 9th September 2012, 05:25 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
Hmmmm, as a greater rock fan than a pop fan (Ayu is a minority in my iTunes), I've always found Ayu's rock songs kind of lame; and I think this is why some fans don't consider her songs that integrate electric/bass guitar, plus drums as rock. I've always felt as if Ayu's rock songs are just pop songs with selective instruments. It is the attitude of a rock song that actually allows it to become that way. Take Nirvana, or the Smashing Pumpkins for example. I really cannot imagine Ayu singing about hippie chick's drinking penny royal tea as to abort their pregnancies like Kurt Cobain, or proclaiming 'despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage' like Billy Corgan. Though, both these bands came to prominence in the grunge era, so it is kind of unfair to argue these examples when lighter music out there is also considered rock.

I reckon the closest she has ever come to rock is Duty. End of the World still blows my mind; it has that edge of insanity about it.
Well for a lot of us (including you maybe?) we don't (fully) understand what she's singing about until the translations come out. So when listening, I am not focusing on the subject matter so much as the sound. And for me, her music is heavy enough for me to be like "F?CK YEAH!" and with enough of a catchy/genius melody/musical structure for me to want to listen to it over and over again - and that is good enough for me. Hell, it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 9th September 2012, 05:43 AM
walking proud Initiate

Wow, this really isn't Ayu's usual type of event. I'm hoping for no dancers and all rock and/or accoustic tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
o_o

I wanna go!

I have work until 4:30... Since Ayus on at 7 I wonder if I could get to the place on time...
Never been there before lol
Are you sure you have work? The 17th is a National Holiday in Japan.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 9th September 2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 9th September 2012, 06:48 AM
count down Initiate

watch her perform BRILLANTE and other excerpts from a-nation and HOTEL Love songs

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 9th September 2012, 07:05 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agieboyz View Post
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.... I can't wait...
hmmmm.... the forgotten song??? i hope she perform Liar and criminal... or kiss'o kill !!!!!! OMG that's must be amazing...
but it sure A Song for XX, surreal~evolution~surreal and Humming7/4 are on the setlist

GUILTY as the opening

Liar
Criminal
Decision
Reminds Me
return road
surreal~evolution~surreal
Old 9th September 2012, 09:12 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
The last one to be released was the 10th anniversary concert and that came out in December of the year it happened.
Thank you for information :-) I hope they won't cut Ayu's performance too much.
Old 9th September 2012, 10:35 AM
Initiate

My dream:

1.GUILTY
2.still alone
3.A Song for XX
4.End of the World
5.Heartplace
6.Memorial Adress
7.is this LOVE?
8.M
Old 9th September 2012, 10:43 AM
No way to say Initiate

She's not going to perform random obscure album tracks to a crowd of people who are at best are going to be casual fans.
Old 9th September 2012, 11:33 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeyo View Post
Hmmm sounds so exciting! I wonder if she'll actually perform for the whole 70 minutes or have outfit changes like usual. Rock and roll artists don't usually change outfits righttt?

I look forward to seeing the setlist
well when it comes to entertainment some do, like GACKT xD changed his 3 times or so, usually lol it depends on the artist tho. but most of the rock bands/acts don't.

I have a feeling it's gonbna be just band+ayu kinda thing like most of the rock bands.

i can't wait to see what songs she's choosing for this.

in my ears her heaviest songs are probably talkin'2myself , count down, microphone, rule, guilty. I think Humming would be kinda cool too since it really has this heavy sound no less than the others, plus it's fun. I think even A Song For XX might be a good choice here with a less pop-y arangement like the A BALLADS one just heavier.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 9th September 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 9th September 2012, 01:41 PM
Trauma Initiate

COOL!!

lady ayu
Old 9th September 2012, 04:13 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
She's not going to perform random obscure album tracks to a crowd of people who are at best are going to be casual fans.
Yeap... People should expect mainly hits...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 9th September 2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Well for a lot of us (including you maybe?) we don't (fully) understand what she's singing about until the translations come out. So when listening, I am not focusing on the subject matter so much as the sound. And for me, her music is heavy enough for me to be like "F?CK YEAH!" and with enough of a catchy/genius melody/musical structure for me to want to listen to it over and over again - and that is good enough for me. Hell, it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Perfect said!
Old 9th September 2012, 09:03 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Yeap... People should expect mainly hits...
I don't know about that... wouldn't it be likelier for her to perform the 'usuals' in front of casual fans? (Boys & Girls, evolution, etc...) In this case, she could start from scratch live since the fans watching don't expect her to do X or Y.
Old 9th September 2012, 09:30 PM
Voyage Initiate

Really look forward to hearing the setlist!

mi|kshake~
Old 9th September 2012, 09:53 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I don't know about that... wouldn't it be likelier for her to perform the 'usuals' in front of casual fans? (Boys & Girls, evolution, etc...) In this case, she could start from scratch live since the fans watching don't expect her to do X or Y.
You sing your obscure tracks to your fandom and your well known tracks to people who doesn't care about you. She herself does that a lot, considering CDL has obscure tracks, AT has album tracks and A-Nation (where she shares the stage and audience) is composed mostly by classics + 2 or 3 songs from what she is promoting at the time.

If there's a chance a good part of the audience is either indifferent or unfavorable to her, the best thing she can do is remember them why they know her, in other words, overload them with stuff they know by heart being or not being her fans, liking or disliking her.^^

Old 9th September 2012, 09:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

In Twitter if I've well understang she said she is going to immerse in the spirit of rock watching GLAY lives

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 9th September 2012, 09:59 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The last time she tried to immerse in rock, we got sunrise, sunset, SLT, the meaning of LOVE...

And a lot of her big hits have enough rock influences to work on this festival context...

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 2012, kishidan banpaku, live