[Translation] Latest TA post [19th May 2017] - Health and ear condition - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 22nd May 2017, 01:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

So many people who probably hate their jobs finding it hard to understand Ayu doesn't hate hers...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd May 2017, 01:19 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Nah, I love my job, but would never place it above health. There's a difference between loving your job and having nothing but your job.
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:29 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

You can have very good personal life and feel loved and well cared without marriage and children. Newsflash, there's more than one way to live your life.

Old 22nd May 2017, 01:37 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Newsflash, I wasn't talking about children per se. And I don't remember Ayu stating publicly that she is against them anyway... she is obviously not against marriage and family.
And she said it herself - that she is "useless" without performing and music. And that IS tragic, because "there's more than one way to live your life. "
Old 22nd May 2017, 03:43 AM
still alone Initiate

I don't think this news is worth fighting over to be honest.
It's Ayu's choice what to do with her life. We can only give our opinions. I don't think anyone said that she needed to have kids and that is the end goal for womenkind.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:59 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

yeah, i thought more of just recording or something but oh well...
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:46 AM
still alone Initiate

Like some people mentioned, she doesn't have to work THAT hard anymore. Cut the CDL, lesser tour. She is filthy rich. Look at Hollywood Singers, they earn and they really take their time. Dare I say she brought these upon herself, as much as I'm very sad for her.
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:49 AM

Whenever she says she can't live without music, I feel she's saying she can't live without being on stage. We all know that she went deaf on her left ear because she didn't take the advice from her doctor and kept performing with a tinnitus. A tinnitus is something that goes away with enough rest, which she didn't take. Her doctor most likely also told her years ago that this would happen with her right ear if she doesn't slow down. I don't know, this really is tragic, but I don't think she's loving music, just the attention. If she would really love music, she would have slowed down, would have had less tours and fewer dates and instead focused on becoming a better musician and songwriter.
I feel very sorry for her because you really have to be desperate when you need the attention that much, but her decision is irresponsible and as an adult there comes the day you have to make decisions that are hard but have to be made.
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:44 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Whenever she says she can't live without music, I feel she's saying she can't live without being on stage. We all know that she went deaf on her left ear because she didn't take the advice from her doctor and kept performing with a tinnitus. A tinnitus is something that goes away with enough rest, which she didn't take. Her doctor most likely also told her years ago that this would happen with her right ear if she doesn't slow down. I don't know, this really is tragic, but I don't think she's loving music, just the attention. If she would really love music, she would have slowed down, would have had less tours and fewer dates and instead focused on becoming a better musician and songwriter.
I feel very sorry for her because you really have to be desperate when you need the attention that much, but her decision is irresponsible and as an adult there comes the day you have to make decisions that are hard but have to be made.
Thank You. Well said. Loving your career doesn't mean you have to sacrifice yourself in the name of "fans and music". You can don't release anything for 2-3 years and you still come back a Singer.
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:33 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
I like what you said, I wont judge Ayu much because I dont know what happens in her life personally, if it is like what you said, I can understand that because, she came from a broken family, hasnt got enough attention from her parents since she was a kid (well from what we read,she didnt even close to her mom), so it surely will affect someone's life and personality, too bad for that

for the media, it is weird this didnt make it in any entertainement new, but instead we got that news about them comparing Ayu and Namie on the tv news, meh
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:25 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Apparently the only way to "love music" is by composing. You can't love to perform music live, and God forbids someone from loving to perform on a stage, the person will be reduced to some crazy for attention stupid being.

Stage actors? Dancers? Any kind of live performer? There's no love for their craft, there's no respect for the amount of effort they had to perfect their art, it's just a matter of wanting attention.

Poor Ayu, she does have some of the worst fans.

Old 22nd May 2017, 02:33 PM
End of the World Initiate

The fuck are some of these comments? Because she was raised by a single parent (sorry, 'broken family') she is now compensating by wanting attention now?

...what kind of armchair psychiatry and assuming a tonne of information about her life that we have absolutely no info about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:34 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

I wanna cry

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:43 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Apparently the only way to "love music" is by composing. You can't love to perform music live, and God forbids someone from loving to perform on a stage, the person will be reduced to some crazy for attention stupid being.

Stage actors? Dancers? Any kind of live performer? There's no love for their craft, there's no respect for the amount of effort they had to perfect their art, it's just a matter of wanting attention.
:y es

Quote:
:y es :y es :y es

Thank you.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 22nd May 2017, 02:46 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

For someone in a status like her, you need to realize resting and postponing tour is not just her personal decision. It is a company decision. You know how many people depends on her? Her big tour crew, dancers, support staff, pr and marketing personnel, etc etc. If she does take a long break, you know how the media would write about her? I'm not saying she's completely right to say she can't quit, bit as fans I think we need to understand the kind of pressure she faces. It's easy for us to just say quit. But for her no one of us really understands the magnitude of things she is facing. All we can do is to support whatever decision she makes.

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:51 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I don't think it is for attention, but even if she loves it that much she has to give it up right now otherwise she won't be able to even record music. I think fans who support that in anyway are even more tsupid.

This is a human being you are talking about, and even more one you love. Wouldn't you want for her to do what she is doing for years to come? It certainly won't happen if she pushes herself now.
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:52 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
I feel very sorry for you having so superficial opinion when you have no idea what's in her mind

Quote:
Definitely
Old 22nd May 2017, 04:46 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Honestly since a long time ago, I hope she can rest and let her life more normal than only thinking about her career. She just make her more drown with this condition. Well I just can hope and pray for her best no matter what decision she make. But myself as a fans more like her to get rest than just seeing her in pain when in stage. It's my personal opinion.
Old 22nd May 2017, 05:05 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I don't think it is for attention, but even if she loves it that much she has to give it up right now otherwise she won't be able to even record music. I think fans who support that in anyway are even more tsupid.

This is a human being you are talking about, and even more one you love. Wouldn't you want for her to do what she is doing for years to come? It certainly won't happen if she pushes herself now.
Maybe recording music isn't as important to her if she can never perform it live. Ayu tours every year and clearly loves performing. Perhaps that is one of the aspects of her music she cares about most. There was a time where before people recorded music, their focus was on performing it for audiences. They may not have even been formerly trained in music-related skills such as composition, etc, but performing was life and the primary form of connecting their art with others. I just think of blues women and their careers where there was a time they weren't recording and then a time when they did. But their live personas were most important either way.

You can't assume that sitting back and writing lyrics for other people or recording an album and never showing up to perform it is her ideal lifestyle. Some people choose to live safely and not do what they truly want but maybe something similar. Others choose to live less safely and do what they truly want while they can and figure out the rest later. Everyone has to decide their own balance. And I dont think there is a right or wrong way or that one way is more irrational.

This isn't to say ayu doesn't love recording. I'm sure she does. It's up to her to value things though.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 22nd May 2017, 06:31 PM
ever free Initiate

Wow, I can't believe how insensitive some of these comments are. Ayu's made her decision about this a long time ago. From what I remember, she said she would keep singing until her other ear gave out when she first announced that she was half deaf. The lyrics to the song "count down" say a lot, too. And Ayu has always struggled with her self-image and her purpose (look at the lyrics for "TO BE" and "NEVER EVER"). Honestly, for almost the past ten years I've gotten the vibe that her number one passion is performing, and while she loves making music too, she continues to make music so she can keep going on tour and connect with her fans.

It's Ayu's decision. You don't have to like it, but I think as fans, we need to respect it. Also, who even knows if taking a break will help with her hearing? We don't know the full diagnosis. She may end up losing her hearing completely no matter what she does, so she might as well do what she loves most while she still can.

Tags
team ayu, teamayu