[Namie Amuro] The 96th Thread ♛ Queen's Farewell 〜Compilation, Tour & Retirement〜 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st October 2017, 09:14 PM
Trauma Initiate

^you should be used to recycled shi-t, since that's everything Kumi has been doing for the last seven years music and PV-wise.

Also, I still didn't understand why people were comparing Kumi with Ayumi and Namie, considering Namie and Ayumi were huge in their peak, while Kumi has never reached the same heights.

btw, loving everything about the BEST so far.

Old 31st October 2017, 09:17 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
If you don't have a good reason, stop complaining.
People are free to complain here, as long as it's related to the current topic and they're not being disrespectful to the artist and/or other members. Let's avoid shutting other people down just because they have different opinions.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:19 PM
No way to say Initiate

I hope when Koda Kumi retires, some people here can find enough decency to say something nice about her.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:20 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Just a reminder: this thread is dedicated to Namie Amuro, not Koda Kumi. There's no reason to tear Kumi down to prove a point.

Let's keep the discussion friendly, guys.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:26 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
People are free to complain here, as long as it's related to the current topic and they're not being disrespectful to the artist and/or other members. Let's avoid shutting other people down just because they have different opinions.
Post of the year.

So far I'm not enjoying the new songs, I don't care about PV's since I don't watch them. Thanks god she retires leaving an amazing legacy aside everything since 2014.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:28 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^you should be used to recycled shi-t, since that's everything Kumi has been doing for the last seven years music and PV-wise.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 31st October 2017, 10:00 PM
BEST Initiate

I like all of the new songs we've heard so far enough, but none of them really seem worthy of a farewell. Finally is my favorite, but it still pales in comparison to some of her best ballads.

For the videos, Finally is a huge disappointment because it feels so lazy. It seems like a collection of commercial clips, or making-of photo shoots, interspersed with a couple of cut scenes here and there. Showtime is probably one of the most quirky videos she's done in a LONG time, so I appreciate that. Do it for love she's so genuinely happy looking, which is nice -- but overall it could be any video from the past 8-10 years for her -- just her typical dancing around, looking like she's having a good time being girl, type video.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:24 PM
No way to say Initiate

My feelings are kinda hurt by the whole "finally" concept..like damn, we knew you looked miserable and uninterested most of the time, I feel dumb for being a fan of someone who was counting down the years to retire.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:09 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
My feelings are kinda hurt by the whole "finally" concept..like damn, we knew you looked miserable and uninterested most of the time, I feel dumb for being a fan of someone who was counting down the years to retire.
I feel the exact same.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:41 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Am I in the right thread?

Our queen is retiring and everyone is going crazy.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:57 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I love the PV for Showtime!
Old 1st November 2017, 12:02 AM
Initiate

Oo lord. This past page and a half lmao. Keep it cute y'all.

Love how fun Showtime is though. And she's gorgeous in Finally.

The thing I don't like about Do It For Love is how the 2nd half of the video totally doesn't fit with the first half. It's pretty much faux-concert footage just shoved in lmao. Like, she's even wearing a tour-style dress. Why??? What was the concept??? lol
Old 1st November 2017, 12:05 AM
Two of us Initiate

I think you guys are misinterpreting “Finally”. She’s not saying she’s glad to be over, peace out. The lyrics are about someone who has achieved everything they’ve dreamt of and are now able to finally say they’ve done what they set out to do. She no longer has to dream and can finally relax and enjoy her life as a “normal” person.

This whole “Namie always looks miserable” comment has always irked me too. Acting like she doesn’t care about what she does or her fans compared to others.

Last edited by ShiniTakashi; 1st November 2017 at 12:24 AM.
Old 1st November 2017, 01:00 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Tell 'em!
Old 1st November 2017, 01:51 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Yeah I don't think there's any reason to read into the title as her finally being able to get out of singing. More as she's finally at the point in her life where she's happy with what she's achieved and can end on good terms.

She wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of re-recording songs if she was just over everything...

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 1st November 2017, 03:17 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haraiso View Post
The thing I don't like about Do It For Love is how the 2nd half of the video totally doesn't fit with the first half. It's pretty much faux-concert footage just shoved in lmao. Like, she's even wearing a tour-style dress. Why??? What was the concept??? lol
It's literally the dress for the first segment in the Okinawa live LOL.

I'm really loving everything we're seeing and hearing so far.

Last edited by jiarongisme; 1st November 2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 1st November 2017, 03:55 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I prefer the no lip-sync in the Finally video, it looks more emotional this way.

And Queen Namie moves her lips whenever she wants ok?

Last edited by S4MU3L; 1st November 2017 at 04:00 AM.
Old 1st November 2017, 06:02 AM
starting over Initiate

The constant negativity in this theard my gosh, seriously. For me is too early to judge the album yet.
Old 1st November 2017, 08:29 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
there is a difference between a being reasonable and being just plain stupid. i think the comments above showed very well that some popele don't think about what is actually happening and why.
Old 1st November 2017, 08:55 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniTakashi View Post
I think you guys are misinterpreting “Finally”. She’s not saying she’s glad to be over, peace out. The lyrics are about someone who has achieved everything they’ve dreamt of and are now able to finally say they’ve done what they set out to do. She no longer has to dream and can finally relax and enjoy her life as a “normal” person.

This whole “Namie always looks miserable” comment has always irked me too. Acting like she doesn’t care about what she does or her fans compared to others.
Hm, yeah, but isn't that exactly the point?
I mean, nobody of us really knows, what her dream is or was. But with Finally and the lyrics it feels like singing is a job for her, not a passion and /or her life. Looking at the lyrics, her private life is more important. And I'm stating that without judging, cause that's ok.
Maybe it's just the fame she doesn't like about it - we will never know, unless she talks about it.
Just take the second line of the song "The day I've kept praying for has made its start at last" - that is a really strong thing to say.
And you can inerpret it both ways, positive and with a negative connotation for people hearing it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 1st November 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
jpop, namie amuro