Kalen Anzai cast as Ayu in the drama adaptation of "M 愛すべき人がいて" - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 21st April 2020, 12:31 AM
poker face Initiate

Looking forward to watching it when it gets subbed, it looks dreadful in the best way.
Old 21st April 2020, 01:09 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think it's cause it's TV Asahi x AbemaTV as a collaboration. The production value is more like a net-drama that also got a TV slot.

As far as Ayu promoting it, I don't think she is doing anything about it, it's all Max. Max has to manage all the stuff regarding promotion for it and things involved like the artists who were representing all the acts at the time as part of avex/a victory. I'm not sure if she really addressed the M performances on IG but on Twitter everything is handled by avex staff, so stuff gets promoted there but without Ayu's involvement.

AbemaTV is from TV Asahi, it's the same company. You're right: it got a lower budget but it's because it's a late night drama.

But while late night dramas often get lower budgets, they can sometimes surpass the buzz from primetime dramas easily. "Ossan's Love" is an example of that: it was a social phenomenon and it was aired at the same time slot, with shoestring budget.

And I am 99% sure she posted about the M performances on Instagram, which was basically promo for the drama. I remember seeing it in her Stories.

I think most of the "love story" told in the book is fiction made to boost interest in her (which worked) and to whitewash the public image of Max (considering most reports on Japanese tabloid media in the last few years are about him being involved with drugs, Yakuza, skeezy treatment of women etc). Ayu knows that and doesn't really want to directly endorse the drama and have it be considered an actual biography of hers but, at the same time, she knows it'll boost interest in her catalogue so it's pretty clear to me she is coyly promoting it.

Last edited by andre2907; 21st April 2020 at 02:51 AM.
Old 21st April 2020, 05:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
I'm not sure if she really addressed the M performances on IG but on Twitter everything is handled by avex staff, so stuff gets promoted there but without Ayu's involvement.
She teased the M performances on her IG story

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 21st April 2020, 06:14 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907 View Post
AbemaTV is from TV Asahi, it's the same company. You're right: it got a lower budget but it's because it's a late night drama.
I think AbemaTV is a joint partnership between TV Asahi and CyberAgent (owner of Ameba)?
Old 21st April 2020, 06:14 PM
Initiate

Episode 1 has been released by Blitz Fansubs!! I can't wait to watch it although I'm not expecting it to be awesome tbh
Old 21st April 2020, 06:37 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
She and Max were interviewed to produce the book's contents. I think the bit she wrote was in YayOu's translation as well.

It seems she's basically letting Max worry about the promotion for now while Ayu does whatever else.
thank you for this. and that preface excerpt is cryptic as all fucks!
Old 21st April 2020, 09:47 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I've just watched the 1st episode and I am very pleasantly surprised. I approached it with zero expectations, ready for the cringe-fest after reading some opinions here and I don't see it as "so bad it's good". And I watched some jdramas in my life.
To be perfectly honest, the only moments I rolled my eyes were with the eye-patch villain secretary. I think this character is very forced and should have been created differently. It's only my opinion, I respect people who enjoy her.
This aside I find the drama genuinely fine and I would recommend it to the people I know.
Kalen is fine and can only get better. I really am getting ayu vibes from her. The final moments even made my eyes wet a bit
I am very glad they spent some time on her "pre- a victory" years, somehow it felt like a good start.
And I must say I adore the music here, TRF (or USG I should say ) songs from that era are sugar-coating my ears ^^, plus the clothes and generally grasping the mood of the 90's, I love it.

To those who haven't watched the episode yet. Don't let the opinions of others discourage you from picking this series up
Old 21st April 2020, 11:07 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
I've just watched the 1st episode and I am very pleasantly surprised. I approached it with zero expectations, ready for the cringe-fest after reading some opinions here and I don't see it as "so bad it's good". And I watched some jdramas in my life.
To be perfectly honest, the only moments I rolled my eyes were with the eye-patch villain secretary. I think this character is very forced and should have been created differently. It's only my opinion, I respect people who enjoy her.
This aside I find the drama genuinely fine and I would recommend it to the people I know.
Kalen is fine and can only get better. I really am getting ayu vibes from her. The final moments even made my eyes wet a bit
I am very glad they spent some time on her "pre- a victory" years, somehow it felt like a good start.
And I must say I adore the music here, TRF (or USG I should say ) songs from that era are sugar-coating my ears ^^, plus the clothes and generally grasping the mood of the 90's, I love it.

To those who haven't watched the episode yet. Don't let the opinions of others discourage you from picking this series up
Completely agree! I've spend some years watching over 200+ dramas in my life and am definitely addicted to jdramas and this is very much like any other. I'm really happy with the re-creation of Ayu looks and music videos, I think they made them really well! Really excited for more
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:02 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

have any songs been featured in episode 1? if so which ones?
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:21 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainity View Post
have any songs been featured in episode 1? if so which ones?
Just M.

The other songs are mostly TRF feel like dance and globe's DEPARTURES which 'Ayu' sings twice during the episode.

TK is of course a character too lol

tbf Kalen sang DEPARTURES in such a convincing Ayu style that for a second I thought she was singing two of us or an ASFXX album track until it clicked.
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:48 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

OMG guys!! I've seen auctions for coasters in which producers signs and write random letters I thought "What is that? Who in the earth would buy that?"

Now that I watched the first episode (with subs) I'm freaking, it all makes sense!!

Old 22nd April 2020, 12:51 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Just watched it and I actually liked it! I've seen many j-dramas (of all kinds) and this one is in the "decent to good" category in terms of acting and script imo if you watch it not expecting an accurate Ayu biography is actually really fun, I'm excited for the next episode!
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:52 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Just watched it and I actually liked it! I've seen many j-dramas (of all kinds) and this one is in the "decent to good" category in terms of acting and script imo if you watch it not expecting an accurate Ayu biography is actually really fun, I'm excited for the next episode!
That's pretty much how I feel about it, as well! It's nothing that will win tons of awards but it's decent and very entertaining.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 22nd April 2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 02:02 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Oh my god...TK in this episode
I find the drama entertaining enough! Its campy as hell lol
Old 22nd April 2020, 03:34 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
The woman with the eyepatch is absolutely ridiculous.

“Ayu wa, kimaseeeeen.” Had me rolling. And the stupid grape scene. Lmao.
The secretary is so extra
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:36 AM
ayu trance Initiate

It was entertaining I will definitely watch the whole thing
It even makes me laugh sometimes lol
Now I was afraid by the storyline but it seems like a lot of things really happened like how Ayu decided of quitting her former agency to joine Avex. It was reported some years ago in a tabloid that Avex had to paye for it because she was still in contract etc...
The feud / revalery between Max and TK did happened back then and how he decided to produce Every little things and Ayu in response to that. It something Max told on her blog like 10 years ago.

It’s quite funny to look for what really happened.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 22nd April 2020, 10:10 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Ah! It's Every little thing? I thought it was Do As Infinity

Old 22nd April 2020, 11:57 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Yes it’s ELT

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 22nd April 2020, 02:11 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Seems we will be getting a CD with all the covers on May 13. The original song "Can't Stop This" thats played at the club throughout the first episode sounds like a bop!

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 22nd April 2020 at 02:13 PM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 02:19 PM
No way to say Initiate

lol the vintage nineties avex logo at the end

the tracklist -
01. REVIVE 'EM ALL 2020(Beverly / FAKY / FEMM / lol -エルオーエル- / Yup'in / 安斉かれん)
revived MAXIMIZOR「CAN'T STOP THIS!!」
テレビ朝日系土曜ナイトドラマ+ABEMA独占配信 「M 愛すべき人がいて」挿入歌
2. Beverly revived globe「FACES PLACES」feat. SCHNELL from SOLIDEMO
3. FAKY revived DA PUMP「Feelin' Good -It's PARADISE- (Retake Version) 」
4. FEMM revived hitomi「CANDY GIRL」
5. Hina from FAKY revived Every Little Thing「出逢った頃のように」
6. lol - エルオーエル- revived TRF「EZ DO DANCE」
7. lol - エルオーエル- revived TRF「BOY MEETS GIRL」
8. Yup'in revived 相川七瀬「夢見る少女じゃいられない」
9. Yup'in revived 相川七瀬「恋心」
10. 安斉かれん revived m-flo「come again」feat. CAELAN from INTERSECTION

we're spared Avex nobodies honkling through poker face

Last edited by ExodusUK; 22nd April 2020 at 02:23 PM.

Tags
kalen anzai, m 愛すべき人がいて