Official thread of your thoughts on (ARENA TOUR 2009) #1 - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th December 2009, 08:03 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

They fix vocals for every concert DVD... and even stage musical and opera ones... it's really a big deal if it is not fixed to the point of sounding like a studio recording (at07)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 27th December 2009, 08:42 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I think the only thing they really need to fix on the DVD is her voice in UNITE, the rest don't need much editing vocal wise.. maybe they can make SIGNAL not sound as loud or something. I was surprised how unedited her vocals sounded on the AT08 DVD though. I mean come on, how could they let Dearest slide sounding like that?
Old 27th December 2009, 09:35 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^U can fix lots of things with technology, but u can't do miracles xD

If the live was REALLY bad, u can only make it sound less bad

Old 27th December 2009, 09:59 PM

^ Yeah, I thought what they did with the CDL 07-08 DVD was pretty miraculous though
Old 12th January 2010, 02:31 PM
Replace Initiate

I don't like shuya overload. Identity performance sucked, if you ask me. along with LOVE n HATE. fierceness was...well, I don't like that "part of Ayu" all these touchings were boring/cheap. what I especially disliked was...overload of Ayu's getting up & down. yes, I think you got what I'm talking about

from the costumes I liked only LOVE n HATE. because it fitted her well, it looked good & sexy. I didn't get Energize costume at all, sorry

the vocals. edited or not, doesn't matter.

I actually liked the stage. so rainbowish & colorful & pretty!

rollin performance could have been really great, but I think I almoust cried watchin it. rollin is one of my most fav Ayu songs. she couldn't sing it at all
the outfit and "stage behaviour" was horrible, sorry, but, honestly

obviously, Ayu needs voice. that's all I can say. it's very sad to hear her like that. everything comes to the point of lack of voice
Old 15th January 2010, 08:05 PM
winding road Initiate

I've just finished watching the concert. And OMG, it was a pure amazingness. I've enjoyed every second of the concert!
Stage looked interesting. Screenes and effects... I'm speechless. Maybe I didn't like animations from 2-3 performances, the rest was unique and gorgeous
Ayu's voice... It shocked me, because it wasn't that bad I've expected. But the thing which I loved the most was the ENERGY of this concert. Ayu had great contact with the audience, she enjoyed this live and having fun so much and was extremely happy. Performances was so dynamic and energetic.

The opening (pieces of SEVEN) was so EPIC.
Rule and UNITE!... I expected worse singing during these songs, but she did it well. All was just energetic and I had a big smile on my face
Disco-munication screen was so cute <3 Mario theme suited ideally. I know that EnergizE and maybe Sunrise was lipsynched, but I enjoyed this part so much. I don't like cutish-Ayu concert parts, but that was pretty good.
Load of the SHUGYO... Maybe we've get dark special screenes previously, but it was damn great *.*
LOVE 'n' HATE and identity... Welcome, sexy Ayu! <3 Choreography was a bit messed (or there wasn't any choreography?), but I didn't care. I couldn't take my eyes of Ayu, she was so sexy (I wanted to be Shuya in this part! xDD)
In The Corner was even good, but I didn't like her singing.
After that the most beautiful and epic special screen ever appeared.
Ballads were the weakest part of this concert... I've enjoyed watching HOPE or PAIN (Midori & Maro <333), but GREEN didn't suit to that part imo, and Shuya's appear in Days ruined my good humour. xD
Tissue part was pretty. And another amazing screen: flowers photos. So simple, so beautiful *.*
evolution sounded like evolution every year xD SIGNAL was the song she's sang the best imo. I want to have that outfit so badly ;_;, and I wish to see her having this hairstyle during single/album promotion some day. (I'm crazy about very long ponytails)
rollin' was so freakin' crazy. It was a pleasure for me to watching this. I loved this dance! I must to try this someday.
I didn't like Sparkle - so staple performance. But vocals were very good.
Bridge to the sky - maybe the worst screen, but very interesting - all years in photos ^^
NEXT LEVEL has almost unearthly atmosphere... She didn't sing it in some special way, but it was great ending of main live. Oh, and I loved a "thank you" way!

Thanks to this concert... My opinion about Ayu's current condition was changed extremely. I was a bit shocked - I didn't like NEXT LEVEL album, but now it is in my top favourites Ayu albums, because of the tour! Ayu proved that she still can make good tours. She did well all things. I want to see her always in that way - happy, pleased and having fun. It was a first time I didn't care about her voice. For me it was a background to amazing stage, outfits and effects. I'm looking forward to see the encore, I'm sure that it will be as great as the main concert! I wish to have a DVD... Maybe my dream will come true? Last CDL was a dissapointment, I hope that this year tour will be also truly amazing like 2009's ARENA! ^^
Old 16th January 2010, 01:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i will definitely buy this DVD.I'm now praying that AVEX will put the subtitle on the video like what they did for PCDL.Its much more easier to understand what they are talking about during the emcee session.

Old 17th January 2010, 10:56 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

this is the BEST concert ever!! I can see that much effort is put into the "visual aspects" of the concert.

I kinda dislike the "3 beats" heard after every phrase in the chorus. sounds weird like some Chinese cymbals. LOL. I like the opening of EnergizE!! so cute!

The video of Load of the SHUGYO kinda bothers me. Don't know what they are trying to portray. the performance of identity is great. It's not as WOW as other performances, but i really can feel the attitude of this song. Without Shuya would be great!

though GREEN's performance style was changed from PCDL, i felt that i can feel the flow of this song well. It's a good performance! For Days, i can feel the pain ayu is suffering from singing this song. I mean lyrics wise.. it's so good!!!!!!!!!!!

rollin' is now my fav song!!!! i liked it how ayu shouted YEAH YEAH to get noisy!!!!!! too bad she screwed up her lyrics before that..

NEXT LEVEL makes me think back about what i have done. the way ayu entered, seems like ayu is reflecting on her past. i like the idea..
Old 21st January 2010, 09:28 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
all the colors and lights are what keeps me interested...

What I don't like though is that her costumes are still just dumb looking and the choreography is pathetic.
Agree 6963x...!

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 17th April 2010, 06:38 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Basically, this tour is glorious shining win. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched the DVD, haha.

The MC section is amazingly HILARIOUS.

"It's Tokyo Tower!"
Old 17th April 2010, 06:39 AM

I LOVED THE DVD + ENCORE! So many better angles.
Curtain call and Sunset were just beautiful. I thought she sounded perfect in Sunset and when she started to tear up I was like.. ;_; I was so happy there were no dancers there too, just ayu by herself. I also really loved everywhere nowhere. I didn't even know what they were saying in the MC but it was so entertaining/funny and ayu was so cute. I had to make gifs~
Spoiler:

and omg the performance of Present was so nice. She really sounded good.

Last edited by love in music; 17th April 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 17th April 2010, 06:42 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

"I don't remember taking this picture, but okay!"

Wait a minute, why is KAERU thanked at the very end? What happened to her? She was apparently the aerial performer and then was switched out... hm.

And Max getting hugged by Ayu is so cuuuute.

Last edited by truehappiness; 17th April 2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 17th April 2010, 12:16 PM
Over Initiate

Were they playing charades? Hahahaha, Ayu's expressions are hilarious!

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 17th April 2010, 04:17 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post
Thanks to this concert... My opinion about Ayu's current condition was changed extremely. I was a bit shocked - I didn't like NEXT LEVEL album, but now it is in my top favourites Ayu albums, because of the tour! Ayu proved that she still can make good tours.
u just made me soooo excited to watch it. Maybe after this my impression of NEXT LEVEL will shoot up as well
Old 17th April 2010, 04:52 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

the gifs are funny!especially the first 2 gif

Old 17th April 2010, 06:49 PM
winding road Initiate

I feel like... they actually made her vocals worse on the DVD, like the TV version I felt like had stronger vocals, and the production team on the DVD ****ed it up x_x...

Curtain call is the best thing though <3 it's so gorgeous *___*

Old 17th April 2010, 06:59 PM
Naturally Initiate

I haven't seen it yet, though I'm quite certain I won't be disappointed.
Old 17th April 2010, 07:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

After watching the DVD, there is a huge chance of at09 becoming my favorite Ayu tour ever x____________________x

Old 18th April 2010, 04:29 AM
Over Initiate

The 3rd disc is hilarious! The games were a great new touch to the encores, although, why do they keep playing the gesture games? Gets kinda tiring, but still, HILARIOUS! Sometimes when things got pretty intense at the last minute even I was screaming the words at them

Wish there was more wasabi-eating contest, it reminded me of one of the old gameshows, lolololol. Also Daruma-san ga Koronda!

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 18th April 2010, 04:35 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
why do they keep playing the gesture games? Gets kinda tiring
Because it was a favorite of the Japanese audiences.

A lot of the messages on the board when GESTURE GAME came up said: "The country's favorite segment!" or something.

Tags
arena tour 2009, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi