Official thread of your thoughts on (ARENA TOUR 2009) #1 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd December 2009, 06:06 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
I really REALLY liked this performance alot. I think PCDL set the stage (so to speak) for ayu to tone down the stage gimmicks and focus more on the actual performance. The screen, the dancers, and the lighting all felt like enhancements rather than the main attraction, as ayu has a tendency to do - stuff stayed in the background that was supposed to, which is something Ayu seems to have forgotten how to do in recent years. She keeps making the show so huge, that she becomes tiny and barely noticeable within it. Sure, the big MW ship was cool, but Ayu herself was just sort of lost in the whole spectacle. ANYONE can stick a huge prop on stage and make a cool show out of it, really - I don't watch Ayu concerts to see stuff that anyone could do, I watch them to see AYU. To see her enjoying herself, communicating her pains and fears, laughing, crying, and being herself. I like to see the pride in her work, the love for her fans, and above all, her personality when she's on stage. I don't want to see Ayu herself take a backseat to all the embellishments. As props go, a tiny teddy bear is, to me, WAY more important than a giant pirate ship.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Mostly because I haven't seen more than rollin' and Sparkle xD; But I always feel a true artist shouldn't need to rely on props to bring forth a great performance. I'm glad this concert was more focused on her performing than on a boat or her flying in the air in a ball. I can't wait to see the full concert when it's released
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
I think having the props would have been much better, since it would have forced her to make the tour a little more theatrical.

Which...is good...because she probably would have had a very nice balance between the theatrical side, and the "live"/effects side...if that makes sense.

And honestly...I don't really care how "fresh and new" she is. She's Ayumi Hamasaki. And her dedication alone, that she herself, chooses to portray, should be enough for us to expect a lot of her.

I know it's annoying when some people always say this or that...but the truth is, you can't keep repeating yourself even if it was great and people liked it...nor can you do new stuff that's crappy.

And that's one of the challenges every artist (painters, drafters, musicians, etc) faces.
All artists repeats themselves everytime... All of them have their favorite themes and techniques, and those will come over and over again over the years... There is no artist that produce totally different pieces everytime they releases something... this "reapting" is what makes an artist production as a whole unique. The characteristics of her arragments, melodies, lyrics and concerts, and the way she uses them... this makes Ayu's work different from random pop stars that doesn't really have an personal style. Is it tiring? Sure... Can it be helped? Sorry, but it can't... And that's different from stopping on an a era and releasing material that is all alike, what sorry, but she isn't doing... Next Level songs wouldn't fit Duty, I am songs wouldn't fit (miss)understood

The only thing she could do to help her about that would be releasing less stuff so her material would get old slower, but other than that...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd December 2009, 06:13 PM
Daybreak Initiate

As for me, this is my thoughts based on what I've seen so far...

Spoiler:
Pieces of SEVEN: The guitar parts are bit different from originals, very good opening, and so epic, and this intro seems to bring "factorial" or "futuristic" theme i think, but the special screens are a bit weird for me.

Rule: Good opening, and heating up the atmosphere very well, the explosions near the end are also works very well, the only problem for me is, her voice during first verse are somewhat off or something like that, and perhaps too many dancers? She looks really small in the crowd of the dancers i think.

UNITE!: Doesn't flow smoothly from the song before, but seems heating up the atmosphere very well. This song always catch the audience attention, no comments so far for me. Still good enough~

Disco-munication + EnergizE: Nice and Cute screens, and for the performance itself still cannot beat HONEY in AT05 i think, but still good enough, the choreography also very good!

Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~: "WTF?" i was surprised when this song come out after EnergizE, because it flows very well, i didn't expect this performance also containing cute scene or something like that, but it's okay though, in the screen also appears that A Logo doing the choreography, cool~

Load of the SHUGYO + LOVE 'n' HATE: The theme for this screens are... well, a bit scary i think
And, oh no, it's Shu-ya again... The performancce og LOVE 'n' HATE itself doesn't as good as the song i think, some parts of the choreography has a bit similarity with until that Day... from AT07 and (don't) Leave me alone from AT08, i didn't expecting that much from this performance, a kind of boring for me, btw, the screen for the song are good indeed~

identity: At first, i was hoping very much from one of my favorite song in NEXT LEVEL, this song, identity, wonders about choreography and such, but in the end, Ayu x Shu-ya duet? I'm sick of these, even though the performance and her voice are not bad. I'm a bit disappointed after see this performance. No clapping from the audience when the interludes playing too.

In The Corner: Even though i don't like this song, this performance make me love this song. When the intro starts, it remind me Free & Easy from CDL 06-07. Nice decorations, nothing much to say for me, this performance is really cool!

HOPE or PAIN: The intro are awesome, i wonder if they make the song from that intro!
And hey! That's Maro! The intro scene are very cool, but the performance was just good, nothing special except her expression and passion when singing, i loved that.
And yeah, the ending of this performance, awesome!

GREEN: too much expression, because this song doesn't really need it very much i think and this song sounds "off" a bit, in PCDL are better, she just wandering around between that part of the stage which make me think, she run out of idea for this performance, too bad.

Days: I love this song and performance very well, perfect expression and emotion at the same time, nothing much to say anymore~ Very good Indeed! Btw, during short break between GREEN and Days, her costume changed into Pink, doesn't that really fast?
Maybe she wears 2 clothes at the same time?

evolution: Energetic as always, but doesn't catch my interests that much, the one in AT07 seems better, but this time, still good enough for me~

SIGNAL: I didn't remember this song very well even from PCDL one, old song but new vocal, if being compared from the past, this one exactly better, nice performance, nice choreography~

rollin':The break were short, but they changed that fast? It's all the dancers and Ayu herself changed that fast? My first thoughts when the song starts.
The outfit seems...well so-so, not good and not bad. The choreo seems fun and weird at the same time, but easy to remember. She forgot the lyrics also!
The lalalala parts in the first verse were just a bit funny followed by her movements are just a dumb
Anyway, this is also one of the best performance i think~

Sparkle: Catchy as always even the chorography~
This song really catch the audience attention, maybe because the choreography and Ayu acts. Her vocals seems softer than rollin' but still good enough~
Another one of the best performance~

Bridge to the sky + NEXT LEVEL: A symbolic chair and a photo album, does make sense, and the chair into the screen, also the white theme, are perfect enough for this song, her vocals are good, but seems a bit off, anyway, i loved the choreography at the end, using the featherly fan (?) something like that~

Between AT08 and AT09, it seems they have a bit similarity if i compared this:
Quote:
Depend on you - Fly high = EnergizE - Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
Load of the SHUGYO - LOVE 'n' HATE - identity = (dont') Leave me alone - decision - my name's WOMEN
Just my opinion, AT09 is better, NEXT LEVEL has many interludes as GUILTY did, i think they made that because of the concerts, a lot of interludes were use during the break, maybe to made the concerts theme flows smoothly as the screen story, but i don't now the true reason yet.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。

Last edited by mellody; 3rd December 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:13 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Finally finished the whole thing. Sort of. I may have jumped through some annoying songs *cough*UNITEevolutionSIGNAL*cough*, but uh.... I saw the show for the most part.

I must say, the crowd seemed high or something. There was definitely an audible "woooooo!" when Shuya stroked Ayu's hair during LOVE 'n' HATE, and they kept like.... clapping on something, when the slowest songs were playing. O_o Like... repetitive clap. clap. clap. I'm like.... umm, are they expecting some kind of upbeat remix of this song to happen? Even during Bridge to the Sky. =_= The audience was a bit annoying. I could do without their audible feedback.

I also want to say that.... wow. I was hoping Ayu would perform In the Corner again (wasn't sure if it was apart of my dream CDL0910 setlist or not), and she did! And Ayu didn't let me down with her perform. of LOVE 'n' HATE. She did so well with the theatrics of the show this time around, especially with L'n'H, my fave song. I love how she connected Load of the SHUGYO to it, too. Gives me more reason to love that interlude now.

All in all, I guess I wasn't too disappointed with the Ayu part of the show, just the videography and audience. *sigh*

Subbed Kuu | driving_angel @ WKKW | Kuu GIFs

Old 4th December 2009, 12:06 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

[QUOTE=mellody;2174832]As for me, this is my thoughts based on what I've seen so far...
Disco-munication + EnergizE: Nice and Cute screens, and for the performance itself still cannot beat HONEY in AT05 i think, but still good enough, the choreography also very good!
Yes.Its cute when the dancers showing "Ayu : No.1" with the pom pom
identity: At first, i was hoping very much from one of my favorite song in NEXT LEVEL, this song, identity, wonders about choreography and such, but in the end, Ayu x Shu-ya duet? I'm sick of these, even though the performance and her voice are not bad. I'm a bit disappointed after see this performance. No clapping from the audience when the interludes playing too.
i beg to differ.I think its nice.I didn't read the lyric (yes.i don't read the lyrics)
I love how they are like a lovely couple and then,ayu is like hate shuya and shuya is kinda fed up with her and so on.i love this 'drama' but it kinda wastes at the end there when ayu is dancing and walking around shuya .she's like don't know what to do next and keep on walking with her hand waving here and there

Days: I love this song and performance very well, perfect expression and emotion at the same time, nothing much to say anymore~ Very good Indeed! Btw, during short break between GREEN and Days, her costume changed into Pink, doesn't that really fast?
Maybe she wears 2 clothes at the same time?
yeah.i think she just take off her big big jacket.
rollin':The break were short, but they changed that fast? It's all the dancers and Ayu herself changed that fast?
They just wear a jacket when the lights are dimmed.Its very obvious that you can see the shirt they wore for the previous song

Last edited by nanakopy87; 4th December 2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:49 AM
SCAR Initiate

I watched this last night and I enjoyed it. It was missing the bells and whistles of her last few arena tours though. Hardly any stage props, relied a lot on dancing for entertainment. Did it work?

Rule - Love the way she enters. She looks hot in that leather outfit.

UNITE! - Heard it so many times before, nothing special but a great concert staple. Gets the crowd fired up at the right time.

Disco-munication: Oh my god, best Ayu concert video ever? I can't wait to see this on the DVD.

Energize - The obvious lip syncing kinda turns me off this performance. It's still fun though.

Sunrise ~Love is All~ - Unusually loud cheer for this song, must be popular among Ayu fans? Plain performance, but fun.

Load of the SHUGYO - The video is awesome, once again. Love the little twist when Shuya escapes.

LOVE 'n' HATE - This is the song which could have used an awesome stage prop to liven up the performance, like with (don't) leave me alone. But it ends up being bland. Ayu's done peformances like this so many times before, when the dancers throw themselves on her and she "rejects" them, without it really going anywhere. Vocally, really good though. Loved the counting.

Identity - I like that this performance involved her band more, and the choreography was pretty cool. Awesome vocals too.

In The Corner - A little improvement on the PCDL performance. I love this song, so it was great to hear it live again.

HOPE or PAIN - The performance of the concert for me. The last minute gave me goosebumps. I loved the PCDL performance of this too though, but they managed to re-create the whole live for the Arena Tour. There's so much emotion in Ayu's voice. Love the ending.

GREEN - Way too plain of a performance compared to PCDL. Didn't really enjoy this except for the end when the dancers came back.

Days - Another really big cheer from the crowd as it starts. And a surprisingly good performance, the ending is sweet. Another highlight of the concert for me.

evolution - Another decent performance of the song. But I really liked how she opened AT07 with this song, and she hasn't managed to match that performance of the song since.

SIGNAL - Fun, lots of energy. Her voice soars with this song, which is weird as its one of her oldest.

rollin' - the LOL performance of the concert to me. I can't help but love the dancing. It's so good. <3 Ayu's thrusting while singing the song made me laugh too. I think Ayu really likes this song, it seems to be the one she enjoyed performing the most.

Sparkle - The live of this song, I imagined that it would be something amazing and mindblowing because its such a powerful song. But it ends up being very plain, but still enjoyable. I like the "no no no's" from the crowd and the no no no dance as well the crowd was copying. Another song Ayu seems to love performing, I think she's very proud of this song. She knows its one of her best.

Bridge to the Sky - I like how the backup singers are singing this song instead of the usual playover of the interludes. The video is eh until you realise how it connects with NEXT LEVEL, which then it becomes a nice video.

NEXT LEVEL - I love the start, how she comes up looking at the chair sitting up top. Just a fantastic performance to end the main concert.

----------
So overall - while its more plain than her last few years of concerts, Ayu still manages to put on a top show. Only disappointments are a few songs that I expected bigger performances from.

Last edited by Tony G; 4th December 2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 4th December 2009, 02:34 AM
BEST Initiate

Her vocals really are no good. It's a shame, but I suppose I have to get used to this from now on. I'm not trying to put her down--it's just a sad reality when a person has gone deaf in one ear and has beaten her vocal chords into submission over the years. She sounds almost like she's choking on her voice sometimes.

I liked the stage and the nifty lighting effects, but overall I feel like the show was just...kind of uninspired? The choreography half the time was wack, the costumes were meh, and there weren't really many creative performances except In The Corner and Next Level. Next Level was probably where the concert peaked....I can only imagine how awesome it was to experience live. She must have looked like an angel floating up to heaven!

The best thing about this concert to me was how happy Ayu looked. She truly seemed to be having a good time. But I guess, the bottom line is, that alone is not enough to make me want to sit and watch a concert.
Old 4th December 2009, 03:29 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Oh and one more thing: Her boobs! lol. All throughout Rule and Unite I kept thinking "boobs Hamasaki" haha. I paid more attention to her boobs than the stage, the song, the singing, the dancing, anything - haha. And really, shouldn't you want your audience to focus on those kinds of things instead?
Haha, I can relate to this. That costume was very distracting from the performances. Its one of her best I think, makes her look good. On the other hand, that In The Corner outfit looked stupid. I liked the rollin'/sparkle outfit, it fits with the electro-vibe of the songs.

I just read through the thread:
- I think EnergizE and Sunrise were lipsynched. Even though she revved the crowd up during Sunrise, they would have turned on her microphone for that portion and then turned it off when the lyric sections came.
- Sparkle doesn't sound lipsynched to me. You can tell she concentrates on hitting the notes in this performance.
- Shuya sux. I like that they used the other dancer during the ballad section. But Ayu's non-involvement in the GREEN choreography was weird. I think it was just like because this tour was rushed, and having Ayu do as little choreography as possible made it easier for her to learn the steps before the first shows. And it stayed that way throughout.
- I didn't think Ayu's voice was that bad. She's sung worse. It's not perfect, but it held up where it needed to.
Old 4th December 2009, 04:50 AM
winding road Initiate

I'm about mid show, I'm here to leave some comments in the form of how I've been ranting about it on MSN, the other half of the show won't NEARLY be as detailed, but whatever.

This is unedited, so, be warned weary of heart
Spoiler:

~Pieces of SEVEN~
pieces of seven into rule is SO much better
~Rule~
she's TOTALLY had work done
oh my god it it so painfully obvious
hunny, your hand has healed, and you're not MJ
the heels of her boots are covered in glitter.
~UNITE!~
I hate it when people complain abuot the staples
t's like "the concert's not for you, it's for the people in the arena, and that's what THEY want to hear"
they want to hear her sing their favorite songs, the classics, and get to sing along and do the little dances
holy CRAP what did Ayu dress Peco and Princess in
every year sh eoutodes herself making these two look as horrible as possible
~Disco-munication~
oh my god the mario screen is adorable
I hope the DVD comes with screens like AT08 and 06 did
MARO TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF OH MY GOD
~EnergizE~
oh Ayu why bother lipping when EVERYONE knows you're not singing
WHAT DID SHE DO, TAKE HELIUM BEFORE GOING ON STAGE O___O
this whole costume is one big panty shot
as a gay man, I am not amused
ayu you can not pose intimidatingly in that cheerleader outfit
it just doesn't work
also you're 31, no pigtails please
...they must spelt... Ayuno
I'm watching the concert and comentating on it
she's performing EnergizE
in the ***** cheerleading outfit she stole from Kuu's diet pepsi commercial
Her dancers juse lifted hearts saying "A" "Y" "U" "N" "O"
~Sunrise~LOVE is ALL~~
coming up next, everyone's favorite summer hit...
woah she gave it some crack
The whole arrangement is completely different
I hate it
seriously it's like a bad fan remix
WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE HEADPIECES FROM DANCERS
and now we're back to nevermind we're still in the crazy arrangement
it just sounds like she's SUPPOSED to be singing another song
cause this arrangement doesn't go with Sunrise at all
it's like Sunrise~LOVE is ROCK VERSION~
oh Ayu all of us know you didn't sing that bridge at all
Somi mune ni?
forget your lyrics Ayu
thank god that's over
SHUT UP AND GO UNDER THE STAGE
~Load of the SHUGYO~
UGH GO BACK TO THE SCREEN
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOCHAN AND ENRIQUE
Ayu those curls look like you have a birdest growing from your head
YOU OFFER HIM WATER
Load of the SHUGYO is so ****ing epic
The males are prisoners
oh my god it got epic strings section
why wasn't Load of the SHUGYO this epic on the album
this is seriously her most epic interlude ever now
~LOVE 'n' HATE~
EEEE LOVE 'n' HATE
aaan there's Shuya
ther ethey go, just **** already JESUS
Lol at the screens they keep flashing the numbers and the words for the numbers
this is the best costume of the concert seriously
SHe's SITTING on SHUYA
literally he's doggy style and she's sitting on his back
if Ayu's really singing here, then she sounds ****ING AMAZING
~identity~
time for Shuya man ***** time
You know, if he were straight I'm sure he'd love his job, he just has to feel up Ayu all day
oh Ayu you'll always be my favorite <3
even though you're a boring, lazy, washed up ***** I still love ya
OH MY GOD CAN YOU TWO JUST **** ALREADY
FJESUS
Comeon ***** its time to move on, pick someone else hotter. Preferably Maro
~In The Corner(+Intro)~
literally identity was her and Shuya show
swinginglights and arrows
this is what Ayu interludes have become huh
oh Ayu you're so MJ
except you can't dance at all
She's definitely made up more masculine then at PCDL
~Ballad Section Intro~
why is the ouis that maro
is maro your ***** in this ballad what
why aren't you wearing that black dress for the ballads. jesus. When you look better in your interlude then you do in your performance that's a BAD thing

The other review will be more general, cause everyone I've been ranting too went to bed...

Last edited by GRACE; 4th December 2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 4th December 2009, 04:53 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
i love this 'drama' but it kinda wastes at the end there when ayu is dancing and walking around shuya .she's like don't know what to do next and keep on walking with her hand waving here and there
That's it, that's what i thought so far, sadly enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
yeah.i think she just take off her big big jacket.

They just wear a jacket when the lights are dimmed.Its very obvious that you can see the shirt they wore for the previous song
I didn't realize that
Thanks for pointing that out~
Gotta watch it again!

Sparkle could be a stable song, Ayu didn't teach the choreography, am i right?
But the audience suddenly follow them, it means that something special here, i think.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 4th December 2009, 05:03 AM
winding road Initiate

I haven't watched Days yet, but I LOVE that HOPE or PAIN and GREEN have a story to them instead of just being Ayu pining over on of her male dancers(Shuya) as he writhes.

as expected, Days comes in to spoil the no Shuya party.

GO BACK TO THE MARO(?) AND MIDORI(?) ROMANCE STORY PLEASE, it's much more interesting then anything Days had to offer

GOD can those two just get a room already, I hate the sexual tensionq

Last edited by GRACE; 4th December 2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 4th December 2009, 07:52 AM
SCAR Initiate

grace's review wins for lol

ayu does sluutty dancing in identity
Old 4th December 2009, 08:12 AM
winding road Initiate

after the ballad's the rest of the concert is nothing to write home about lol. rollin' was Ayu rips off meets Lady Gaga, Sparkle was total lipsynch meets+SHUT UP, WHEN I SAY "NO NO NO" IT MEANS "NO NO NO MORE OF THIS", evolution=if you've heard it once... but again, it's gotta be totally fun if you're there <3

SIGNAL was really cool though. I've always loved her songs from ASFxx, I just can't stand listening to them because her voice and the arrangement are truly dreadful. The modernized SIGNAL she sings here is great <3

Bridge to the sky, loved the pictures, too much focus on Yochan, Enrique, Peco and Princess aka people who don't matter. I want to see the pictures, watching these idiots isn't entertaining it's painful. And back to what I was saying earlier, who DRESSES these people and WHO says that what they're wearing is ever good.

NEXT LEVEL however, proves to me that Ayu works VERY hard to make sure that EVERYONE ELSE on stage is in worse costumes then she is. With this tour, NOT an easy task considering LOVE'n'HATE/identity had the one good costume. But she manages to come out glammed up with gems, and lets her dancers dance around in white potato sacks. Good to see the wealth hasn't gone to your head sweetie.

as much as I tear it apart, I actually had a good time watching this concert <3 I just like tearing my Ayu apart, because, let's face it, she's kinda like a hot train wreck :3

Old 4th December 2009, 08:28 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I finally had the chance to watch the whole tour start to finish for more than 30 minutes ~yey~.

First...I have definite problems with...

1. Too many damn interludes/videos. Like after EVERY song nearly. Was really boring...especially since some of them werent really that great.

2. Set list. Tour suffered because of this list imo. Mostly because of the order/style of the performances...maybe thats why she felt she needed so many interludes. Who knows.

3. Dancers. Just ew. You know how many times I wanted to push Shuya off stage? Yeah.

However, I think this tour had some great redeeming points. Interestingly enough, my favorite performance was GREEN...and I actually think it was the best one. No fuss, just Ayu, singing, and singing well. Slight hand gestures reminiscent of the drama. And it was beautiful. A really fantastic performance.

I also think that the concert after GREEN was a hell of a lot better than the one before it. I didn't really care for any of the performances before it, they were all really boring and needed more theater to save them.

She butchered Hope and Pain though. And with this copy of hanabi from stadium tour performance...ew. This song does not need a big ballad's performance to convey it's drama. It needs more of a story performance.

So yeah...the concert after GREEN is fantastic. Even Day's with it's CAROLS AT05 repeat wasnt that bad...until she started crying...but I ignored it lol There also werent so many interludes after GREEN, thank god.

SIGNAL was great. I almost cried with NEXT LEVEL...but that's just because thats MY song lol

So...I'm gonna pretend like the first half didnt happen...and give this tour a Fantastic rating...an 8/10...and I really like it

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 4th December 2009, 08:39 AM
winding road Initiate

^I thought just the opposite lol I thought the preGREEN concert was great, and after GREEN it went to hell.

I must repeat, because it's like my favorite part, I LOVED how in HOPE or PAIN and GREEN instead of having Ayu play the "female lead" in the "love story" she was just singing, and let her dancers tell the story of her music. It was so much more moving then ShuyaFlails and Ayu fake tears.

That and I think Maro is very hot, so any excuse for him to be on stage (especially in what he was wearing, oh my god <3), is worth it fo rme

Old 4th December 2009, 08:56 AM

I think we just have differing tastes lol

I did think Rule was good though. Solid performance...but energize and sunrise or sunset whatever totally dead...

I couldnt respect the dancers together....because Piccolo pointed out that the performance was so strikingly similar to Hanabi at stadium tour in 2002, and he kept going on about it the whole performance...and it really was similar, except that hanabi was a lot better.

and the interludes really really killed it for me...even the cute one like discommunication...

I was soo BORED lol

I think the reason I liked GREEN so much...was that it reminded me of like...it seemed like a perfect TV performance or something...or like a perfect old days Kouhaku performance...when it was just her on the stage, in her dress, singing beautifully.

And then I tihnk the reason why I liked the tour after that, was that imo, the songs after went a lot better with the simpler stage...

I know it's sort of ridiculous to think that, but imo, NEXT LEVEL has a simpler stage lol

(sorry my posts are so long)

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Last edited by emi♡; 4th December 2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:41 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
2. Set list. Tour suffered because of this list imo. Mostly because of the order/style of the performances...maybe thats why she felt she needed so many interludes. Who knows.
I actually think it was one of her best setlists, because she performed every single song off NEXT LEVEL. Its about time, on a tour promoting her latest album, she doesn't leave songs out.

I might be a bit biased though since next level might be my favourite ayumi album. I like electroayu <3
Old 4th December 2009, 09:54 AM

No no, I don't really mind the songs she chose, mostly the order of them and where she chose to put stuff...I just...found it sort of odd for some reason...

Nothing seemed to flow well...and there were hardly any performances that could lead into another for continuous performing lol

(which is just less boring imo)

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 4th December 2009, 01:33 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
MARO TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF OH MY GOD
You know I probably screamed louder than half the audience all together when that came on. Lmao And the interlude where he's got his shirt open... yeah I was drooling all over the freaking place. I didn't stop screaming his name during SIGNAL when he danced, I clearly saw the dude sitting next to me, his face was like "STFU!!" lmao
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 4th December 2009, 02:26 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
No no, I don't really mind the songs she chose, mostly the order of them and where she chose to put stuff...I just...found it sort of odd for some reason...

Nothing seemed to flow well...and there were hardly any performances that could lead into another for continuous performing lol

(which is just less boring imo)
I think she tried too hard to re-arrange the setlist so it wasn't just playing Next Level from start to finish, but the songs flow better in the order the album is in. But she still kept the same concepts - load of the shugyo before love 'n' hate, disco-munication before energize, bridge to the sky before next level.

Tags
arena tour 2009, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi