[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~II thread~ - Page 14 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd January 2016, 07:18 PM
YOU Initiate

Omg, I cant believe ayu sing live really good, I love it!!
Old 3rd January 2016, 07:26 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiUsagi View Post
I'm uploading some performance of this CDL that's Listenable on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A67l...nfUOLB9OfSgqQF
THANK YOU! I couldn't wait to show some performances to friends who don't care enough to download the entire 15gb+ concert.
<3
Old 3rd January 2016, 07:54 PM
Voyage Initiate

Thank you so much for uploading the performances YukiUsagi. This will be a great pick-me-up before the dreaded return to work tomorrow!

Last edited by mi|kshake; 3rd January 2016 at 11:05 PM.
Old 3rd January 2016, 07:56 PM
YOU Initiate

IMO the worst CDL (post 2009) was 2010-2011. The USTREAM rip was the first full concert I've seen from Ayu and I remember I was really dissapointed. I think CDL 12-13 wasn't bad and definitely better than 10-11. I was enjoying it much more, that's for sure.

MADE IN TOKYO isn't bad either, but Ayu's voice sounds really tired. Some of the outfits are also really beautiful, as well as visuals (that shadow performance is amazing) but some outfits are so ugly I can't stand them (the one Ayu wore in Fly high~Ladies Night section )
Bunny Ayu killed me tho XD That was awesome XD

tumblr = my ayu site = twitter

set by me

Last edited by Loulines; 3rd January 2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:00 PM
Far away Initiate

WARNING has a lot of japanese sound but can't hear anything because audio quality is so bad. All versions of the songs have a bad mix (or muted instruments some parts). The mix of the vocals are bad too and it sounds worst. Last note on Green "Yokaaaaa" Ayu started a falsetto but I only can hear Princess (It took me a while to realize it wasn't Ayu)

I think the concert will change a lot on the DVD version.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 3rd January 2016, 08:06 PM
GAME Initiate

If she's gonna do toned down CDL's, she needs to have more interesting setlists. This is a huge step down from the near-perfect Cirque de Minuit. You can tell her heart wasn't in this show, she wasn't feeling it, and she knew her voice wasn't in the best shape. I was really hoping she could ride the fantastic momentum from A ONE, sixxxxxx, and CDM— but Many Classic Moments, A7 Classical, and Made In Tokyo are duds in my book.
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:11 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal17 View Post
And I almost forgot. Vocals are really nice here. I don't agree with the people that say her vocals are the worst in this show. I mean, have you heard past Tv versions of CDLs? If I remember correctly, CDL 12-13 is quite strained in many parts.
I was there in person for CDL12-13 and it really didn't sound raspy to me? She was off maybe a few notes but seriously, her vocals were definitely more strained the past year.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:24 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiUsagi View Post
I'm uploading some performance of this CDL that's Listenable on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A67l...nfUOLB9OfSgqQF
Thank you! I'm watching some now. Is Ivy going to be one of them?

I think previously I didn't expect good vocals from Ayu but she has really improved lately so this CDL is a disappointment
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:31 PM
Depend on you Initiate

GREEN and IVY are the only memorable performances of this show, I also think tetsuya destroy MANNY CLASSIC MOMENTS...
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:36 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I was finally able to watch the concert!

I only dislike the first part. GREEN was never a good opening song imo (I love the song itself, but it makes a boring opening) and she was forcing the lower vocals which made it sound really bad WARNING's choreography looks forced imo, but it was overall ok, just the dancers around her in the catwalk was bad, because she's tiny and they completely covered her (and damn those purple outfits were hideous), but I'm hoping the DVD editing chooses good angles and fixes this issue. UNITE! was nice though, I've missed that song so much.

I really enjoyed the rest of the concert though. The cute session was awesome, specially the huge bunny outfit I loved it! Marionette was brilliant also, I really like the prelude and the whole performance, it's my favorite part of the concert. And I'm really happy she included many classic moments.

But her vocals where definitely far from her best, her voice sounded strained and by the end of the concert she was hoarse. After two tours and CDL, I hope she takes some time now to rest for a bit...

Edit: made bunny gifs because I couldn't resist haha
Spoiler:

Last edited by pimenta; 3rd January 2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 4th January 2016, 12:29 AM
TO BE Initiate

^ omg these are amazing. great job haha soon funnyyy to see her in this costume

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 4th January 2016, 05:22 AM
opening Run Initiate

Those who say it's her worst vocals should probably watch tv version of COUNTDOWN LIVE 2007-2008. THAT was a disaster.
The one with dream on was terrible too, don't remember the year, 2010-2011? Never watched it again...
Also it's not that important how long you sing. Much more important is HOW you sing, and Ayu strains her voice too much, she shouts a lot, etc. Do you know term "free time" in karaoke in Japan? People can sing for 7-9 hours there and their voices are fine as long as they don't push themselves too hard.
Was it necessary for Ayu to try to reach those high notes in MCM? She could just improvise to avoid highest notes, but no, she chose to strain her voice even further.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)

Last edited by Chris85; 4th January 2016 at 05:32 AM.
Old 4th January 2016, 06:38 AM
Two of us Initiate

Could someone please upload Many Classic Moments ?

Old 4th January 2016, 09:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

She was most likely sick... Her voice started going bad way before MCM.

But she's human, and that stuff happens.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th January 2016, 09:55 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Those who say it's her worst vocals should probably watch tv version of COUNTDOWN LIVE 2007-2008. THAT was a disaster.
Yes. This was when she officially lost all hearing in her left ear right? That must be even more painful for her to do than it was for us to see

I just finished watching the 480p rip of the CDL and I gotta say, while her vocal is not in the best condition, it certainly wasn't as bad as the way people have been saying here. It was her standard live performance voice and I've learnt to be fine with that. In fact, in certain songs where I usually cringe, e.g. STEP you and Love song, her performance were actually OK.

What I agree with most everyone here, however, is how TK made Many Classic Moments sound absolutely terrible. I mean, why not make the song acoustic altogether, rather than have him play disjointed piano on top of the original mix?
Old 4th January 2016, 10:24 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Oh my god yes, TK was really awkward. It was like he was just playing random notes
Old 4th January 2016, 10:34 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
^LOL that part I agree with. The piano basically ruined the song. You gotta admit though, during the last 30-45 seconds of the song, she sounded pretty raspy. That's just because of strain though, and singing so often. It's not indicative of being a bad singer or not singing well. These things happen.
It might sound better on dvd when the get the base mixing right but the piano option was not the best. But she also did do an extra tour this year to which probably used the last of her rested voice for TA tour but this is still not the worst her tours have been from live tv shows. Being deaf in one ear probably wouldn't help either But I agree she's not a bad signer. Just an overworked signer. But its what she loves to do.
But I think people keep forgetting about her ear. That can play a big part to the sound of her tone. Just be glad she didn't do the blue vs red show. Cant think how its spelt, that would of tired her voice out sooner. But oddly that show had its lowest views in its history this year

Last edited by douggn; 4th January 2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:57 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Ok, so she did not sang very well. Which is disapppointing, but I have much respect for her that she always is willing to please her fans, eventhough she may or may not have been entirely recovered from sickness. The Show Must Go On, is a life motto for her and that is amazing. It must have been exhausting.
Many respect for her. Hope she is able to rest a little in 2016.

Really hoping she will base the next tour on the CDL. I have said it a million times by now, but I really believe the set up is open for new ideas!

Also, if she decides to rest for a little (which will probably not happen since we talk about workaholic Ayu) she takes time to experiment again. Meaning, she leaves TK alone for a while. Sure, not all experiments turn out to be masterpieces, but it feels like a long time since she has done a song that sounds out of the blue. Whatever she is going to do this year, I am thrilled to know. First we have the video to look forward to. Goooooooo Ayu!
Old 4th January 2016, 11:24 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I still remember the TV version when she sang that SURREAL part 'lalalala' totally off key, it was a nightmare.

--

The concert isn't that bad, and I still think she needs to tone down the number of dancers. So much things going on during Green, that you can't even see her. The same thing happens during WARNING, having almost 10 dancers on the catwalk was kinda claustrophobic.

The vocals are okay, I guess. I won't use the excuse of being tired, because she prepared herself for the concert anyway, but it could be way worse.

And btw, am I the only one who thinks her hairstyle during Green was so basic? Like, just a ponytail? I was expecting something more glamorous, since the name of the concert screams that.
Old 4th January 2016, 12:21 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ There is def way too many dancers/performers on stage, when she announced that she included more dancers and performers i was like "Really Ayu? Really?", during GREEN/WARNING everything is so messy because of the huge TOKYO letters on the stage + dancers, idk how she can watch it beforehand and approve it

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2015-2016, made in tokyo