"I am..." album lyrics conspiracy! :P - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 18th February 2008, 02:40 PM
YOU Initiate

This is intreaguing..
As for Ayu re-writing an entire album's lyrics, that would have taken up to half a year to write, possibly more, to reflect her feelings about 9/11 places false importance on the event in relation to what Ayu was going to write about. I think the only song written with that in mind was A Song Is Born and of course, if the rumour is true about the re-shoot, the dove in the photoshoot - possibly. But Ayu had already been concerned with world peace and harmony long before that September. Just look at the opening message of the 2001 tour or the PV for Endless Sorrow.
None of the new songs on the album are anything to do with 9/11 and there is no reason why they should be about it. If she changed the lyrics it will probably be for reasons to do with her own perfectionism and also I am...was famously difficult for Ayu as she was obliged to produce throughout and it seems to be a little disordered due to that. Her chopping and changing of lyrics, considering her situation making I am..., is not surprising. She's never been under so much pressure to make an album before or since and none of those inconsistancies occured before or since. But I have to say, despite the pressure she was under, I am...contains some of most amaizing work. Just take Naturally, for example!

I would also like to argue against the idea its her most "commercial" album. Though oppinions differ, of course. If "commercial" in this case is supposed to mean "popular sounding" then I'd have to say its probably one of her least. It was the most guitar/band orientated album of the time (she's since done far harder albums) and generally speaking synth/pop albums like the preceeding 3 are deemed more "commercial" sounding. If you mean financially - yes - I am...was a huge hit because it was the album that came out after her most popular period - 2001.
For what its worth - "LOVEppears" and "RAINBOW" I would say are her most commercial-sounding albums.