'sixxxxxx' covers - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th July 2015, 11:53 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TeensFan View Post
i want to kill her art director or whoever came up with these cover. Where's the innovation?
WHY do people always want her to "innovate" whenever there is a new release? I mean what's wrong with her sticking with the same thing for a little while? Let her do what she likes for as long as she wants to and then move on to something else when she wants to. Damn, it's not an artist duty to always do something different. We're not talking about Apple, whose duty is to innovate and always come up with new phones. We're talking about an artist whose duty is to ~express their feelings~ through their art, if she wants to always express the same thing for a while, that's her decision, she doesn't owe anyone anything.
I'm not targeting you here, don't get me wrong, it's just that i recently saw a fan on facebook dissing Step by Step by saying it sounded like something from Love Songs, hinting that she doesn't innovate. And i don't get how people can have this kind of thought towards an artist.

The more i look at these covers, the more i love them, i def get an A BEST feeling.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 9th July 2015, 11:57 AM
Far away Initiate

I think I'm glad that the CD + DVD version look the finest! The overlapping of her hair on CD only version looks kinda odd.
With the font and the color scheme, it looks quite edgy. Doesn't look like a pop album cover at all.

Last edited by LONJJONG; 9th July 2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:57 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Knowing that it is a Numero collab makes me excited! Though that gives me major LOVE vibes.

Quote:
8月5日発売のニューアルバム「sixxxxxx」のアートワーク公開!今作は、ファッション誌「Nume ro TOKYO 」とのコラボで、“素の浜崎あゆみ”をテーマに制作!7月28日発売の「Numero TOKYO」と併せて、チェックしてください!
So the theme is a more "raw" or plain/simple Hamasaki Ayumi? Or is there another translation of 素 that they're referring to...

Last edited by truehappiness; 9th July 2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:58 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Since I don't think we will agree, I stop the discussion between us here now. Not that I don't like discussing with you, but would be boring for the rest.

I agree though that the "sixxxxxx" hints at "sexxxxxx" and I would love if the booklet and lyrics would convey a deeper meaning. Then I take everything back. But I was already hoping that for A ONE which covers I don't like for the same reason.
Like you and someone else pointed out, she's trying to reintroduce herself to the market, and I think that's all there is to it. When it comes to young people who are the ones buying CDs it's importend as a woman to just look beautiful, sexy, submissive and naive and that's exactly what I see in those covers. I think she's just trying to polish and renew her image and regarding most comments it works. And why else should she put out a song as cute and jpop as Step by step? Again it worked.
I'm so hoping she would reveal something through the rest of the artwork/songs/lyrics. But I sadly don't think she will. If time will teach me better, I take everything back, but we'll see.
The thing is, I don't see where she is being submisse? She is even looking the viewer straight in the eyes, what is a very non-submissive thing to do.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 9th July 2015, 12:01 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Oh....
I like how it's black and white though.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:03 PM
P.S II Initiate

Personally I like all the covers, esp CD+DVD one, but I've preordered the bluray version, will set the DVD version as iTune album cover then
Old 9th July 2015, 12:06 PM
As if.. Initiate

I really like this black&white concept but her expression is weird. The only Cover I like so far is CD-Only and then DVD. Blu-Ray looks bad
Old 9th July 2015, 12:08 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Damn, it's not an artist duty
Is it wrong that I took that as a pun lol? Anyways I wonder what she's wearing? Looks like a white shirt?
Edit: after reading truehappiness' post I actually meant blouse as well not shirt

tumblr

Last edited by Ryusei; 9th July 2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I was thinking a white blouse and jeans.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The thing is, I don't see where she is being submisse? She is even looking the viewer straight in the eyes, what is a very non-submissive thing to do.
It's the "I blow you whenever you want" mouth. If she would have closed her mouth everything would be fine. Because of her mouth the whole image is hyper sexualized in a way that tells people between the lines that women are objects that are always available for men and their pleasure. In mostly every add out there women have their mouth open like that and sadly for a reason. And it doesn't change anything that she's looking the viewer straight in the eyes. That she has them half closed and her out of bed hair ad to the image of the always sexual available woman what in the end is submissive.
If she had her mouth closed this image would have a totally different touch to it and it would be a raw, honest and somehow desperate while being self-confident image of Ayu. I would have loved that.
By the way is that what the LOVEppears cover is for me. This image would also be totally different in its effect if she would have her mouth open.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:21 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I was hoping in vain for non-face pics covers, again :/ Not her best covers, but not terrible also, but they don't feel summerish to me

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 9th July 2015, 12:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She may be in "simple" mode for a while. (Which is probably better than cleavage or mega lips mode) With that said, these are probably her least divalike covers in a loooong while, possibly since the earlier half of her career.

One thing about Ayu that I love is that she can pretty much do the glam and high fashion stuff whenever she wants, so it is really just a matter of time.

Last edited by truehappiness; 9th July 2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:31 PM
CAROLS Initiate

tbh she looks like a rat/rabbit on those covers....
Old 9th July 2015, 12:34 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I was expecting a melting down here, when I saw the covers on FB lmao. I'm impressed I was wrong.
The covers are nice, but that facial expression with her teeth showing is so unflattering, ugh. She would looked better with the mouth closed or with an adorable smile, like in Love songs covers. But I won't complain, I've seen much worse covers to be honest.

Just give me the music now lol.

Old 9th July 2015, 12:37 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
people

VERY人気モデルの新たな一面
滝沢眞規子

素顔からボディまで全て見せます!
浜崎あゆみのすべて

蜷川実花 写真連載「裸のオトコ」
EXILE / 3代目 J Soul Brothers NAOTO
The details for next month's Numero. Looks like it is definitely a "raw" shoot. Please though, hopefully not another nude shoot. Funny thing, Naoto who is her former dancer will also be in the same issue.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:45 PM
SCAR Initiate

*ayu sneezes*
DID YOU SEE THAT HOW UNRESPECTFUL WAS THAT SHE DOES NOT CARE ANYMORE I WANT THE OLD AYU BACK

Seriously guys can we STOP criticising EVERYTHING she does? I am a feminist too and I respect everyone's opinion but maybe she just enjoys sex and blowjobs lol? Women CAN be sexual. It is not always men objectifying us. Let her do whatever she wants for god's sake she is a pop artist, a particulare sensitive and aware one but STILL a pop artist. She does not have to be inspiring or groundbreaking all the time. And on another note everyone here is criticising the covers for her being not beautiful enough/her expression/stuff related to her image or beauty or age. Objectifing much? It's a cover do like Elsa and let it go. Listen for the beautiful music lol
The concept of cover itself in pop industry has to convey an image and there is no helping denying that. It is a product. It has to sell. Ayu has said so herself many times about the pop industry so just accept its limits

I have always interpreted sparkle pv as her breaking her cute idol image and showing she can and likes to be sexy. As may every woman. Not a social critique lol

Last edited by tsumekaze_; 9th July 2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:49 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I love the covers, she looks amazing.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:50 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well... looks like the shoot this is from is definitely going to have some simple/natural shots. The photos that will be in Numero were taken in a suite at a hotel in Tokyo.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/153381
Old 9th July 2015, 01:04 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^Giving me LOVE vibes. Praying that it somehow ends up in the booklet and that the booklet isn't only 6 pages.

Also I kinda like how someone said the covers are giving off a best vibes. This cover is ayu's rebellion.
Old 9th July 2015, 01:05 PM
Who... Initiate

I was expecting something totally different actually
but those are really interesting. I enjoy the black+white
CD+DVD one is my favorite one for sure!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, sixxxxxx