[Koda Kumi] The 189th Thread — W FACE inside/outside + Driving Hit's 7 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2017, 02:59 PM
Initiate

@Zettai: CDJapan was describing that the album would have songs from W FACE ~outside~, WOML and more. So the "more" is for her most recognizable songs.

@~StarCatcher~ 1. No bonus as far as I know. 2. You can get the Hi-Res album from http://mora.jp/
Old 20th March 2017, 03:26 PM
Connected Initiate

Thank you.
So CDJapan will be cheaper this time.
Old 20th March 2017, 03:37 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
@Zettai CDJapan was describing that the album would have songs from W FACE ~outside~, WOML and more. So the "more" is for her most recognizable songs.
Oh, ok! thanks for the explanation
Old 20th March 2017, 05:09 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
Coming from the person that thinks the Urban Kiss remix of Ai No Uta is a 180º reinvention lol

"For example, DH4 and Beach Mix really reinvented some of her worst tracks" IN YOUR OPINION hun.

Imo, DH4 is one of the weakest DH ever, can't really relate with your comment.

And so far Kumi has performed a good amount of remixes in her tours
ai no uta's urban kiss is a very "slight" reinvention but it made a WORLD of a difference. That's one reason why I have a lot of respect for it and hold it in high regard; because it was such a simple "reinvention" yet completely revolutionized the aura of the track.

And as far as DH4, the genre it focused on, on paper really isn't my style - but it worked. Maybe because it's not the common type of music I would listen to on the ordinary that I came to be able to listen to it everyday at the gym for practically three years. The fact that every split second of the song has a change in it (chaotic yet melodic vocal chops, interaction between the layers changing it up) makes it an undeniable standout and I came to really respect the remixers for putting in their all and concentrating on all those little details that really built the tracks up.

"Poppin' love cocktail" feat. Teeda [TeddyLoid Remix]
"Hot Stuff feat. KM-Markit" [Electlixxx vs. Heavens Wire D'n'B Remix]
"Love Me Back" [Sunset In Ibiza Dubstep Remix]
"Teaser feat. Clench & Blistah" [Caramel Pod Dubstep Remix]
"Slow" feat. Omarion [Prog5 vs. Future House United Remix]
"Butterfly" [TeddyLoid Remix]

Beach Mix was also phenomonal with the reinvention of other abhorrently trite and/or gimmicky tracks.

KO-SO-KO-SO [Prog5 Remix]
Bling Bling Bling feat. AK-69 [Electro Rave Allstars Remix]
Hey baby! [FUTURE HOUSE UNITED Remix]
Heat feat. MEGARYU [REO Remix]
AND it has Whatchu' Waitin' On, which is one of my all-time favorites from her.

What's also superb is the fact that these make up a very small "handful" of tracks for those albums, - I felt the rest were throwaways - yet, the strength of these tracks and my love for them is enough to carry my satisfaction for both releases.

Honestly, I really only need two or three tracks that I TOTALLY love on a release to be happy. Not "kinda like," not "warm up to with time," - songs that create sort of a pillar to emerge beneath your heart and lift it upon a giant pedestal. That's why I get so critical about stuff because my expectations are so fucking low and yet they still can't be met. Lmao.

Last edited by Zeke.; 20th March 2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:02 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
'Nuff said. Kuu recorded and released Beach Mix while pregnant, IIRC. And my only deal with her recent music is that she isn't playing on how strong her tracks like Whatchu' Waitin' On and TABOO have been with respect to her entire discography. She's done plenty of JUICY- and Ultraviolet-esque stuff. We only have, at most, a handful of tracks like Whatchu' Waitin' On, TABOO, Driving, and even Go to the top. And we only have one BE MY BABY.

I still look back at VIP as one of her most memorable tracks. Even for something so simple, she really played on her strengths and talent and let the music complement her on the track. Nowadays, I feel she's too often drowned out by her own production.

I still believe she'll hop back to EDM at some point. I think Koda's got more than enough talent and charisma to deliver another arena-rocking track that demands everyone in attendance on their feet. That's just what Koda's done since she finally got the attention she deserves.

-> <-
Old 20th March 2017, 06:33 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
ai no uta's urban kiss is a very "slight" reinvention but it made a WORLD of a difference. That's one reason why I have a lot of respect for it and hold it in high regard; because it was such a simple "reinvention" yet completely revolutionized the aura of the track.

And as far as DH4, the genre it focused on, on paper really isn't my style - but it worked. Maybe because it's not the common type of music I would listen to on the ordinary that I came to be able to listen to it everyday at the gym for practically three years. The fact that every split second of the song has a change in it (chaotic yet melodic vocal chops, interaction between the layers changing it up) makes it an undeniable standout and I came to really respect the remixers for putting in their all and concentrating on all those little details that really built the tracks up.

"Poppin' love cocktail" feat. Teeda [TeddyLoid Remix]
"Hot Stuff feat. KM-Markit" [Electlixxx vs. Heavens Wire D'n'B Remix]
"Love Me Back" [Sunset In Ibiza Dubstep Remix]
"Teaser feat. Clench & Blistah" [Caramel Pod Dubstep Remix]
"Slow" feat. Omarion [Prog5 vs. Future House United Remix]
"Butterfly" [TeddyLoid Remix]

Beach Mix was also phenomonal with the reinvention of other abhorrently trite and/or gimmicky tracks.

KO-SO-KO-SO [Prog5 Remix]
Bling Bling Bling feat. AK-69 [Electro Rave Allstars Remix]
Hey baby! [FUTURE HOUSE UNITED Remix]
Heat feat. MEGARYU [REO Remix]

What's also superb is the fact that these make up a very small "handful" of tracks for those albums, - I felt the rest were throwaways - yet, the strength of these tracks and my love for them is enough to carry my satisfaction for both releases.

Honestly, I really only need two or three tracks that I TOTALLY love on a release to be happy. Not "kinda like," not "warm up to with time," - songs that create sort of a pillar to emerge beneath your heart and lift it upon a giant pedestal. That's why I get so critical about stuff because my expectations are so fucking low and yet they still can't be met. Lmao.
I honestly love all the remixes you named. They, to me, do keep something of the original, if not at least the overall feel of the song. I don't know how to describe it, but some remixes are just better than others.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 21st March 2017, 09:20 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

W FACE 2nd week sales/position

inside - #21 ; 3,270
outside - #22 ; 3,189

Total sub sales

inside - 23,427
outside - 23,435

Total sales for both inside & outside combined - 46,862

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 21st March 2017, 12:25 PM

Just listened to Outside. Am I the only one who thinks it's beyond annoying? I listened to it during my work out and I stopped working out after just 35 minutes because I was honestly exhausted listening to all that noise and needed a little silence.
W FACE would have had potential, but this "yes bitch" line is so annoying I can't. It's noise. Ultraviolet sounds like a thousand other Koda songs, but is quite nice compared to the rest of the album. Insane is the best one imo since the fake rock anthem feel of it during the chorus gives it at least a little individuality. Heartless is so out of place, what was that? And where the hell is the bass in Bassline? If you call a song Bassline you damn fucking give it a damn great bassline. Furthermore, what is it with this fake big band instruments style in mostly every second song? Is it supposed to sound "artsy"? If you want a song to sound like real music, you better use real instruments.
I was so looking forward to this album, but after this one is again, like the last one, mostly "cool" "artsy" uninspired sounds aka noise mixed with uninspired beats I guess I will give up on Koda.
Is Inside any better or will I waste my time listening to it?
Old 21st March 2017, 12:43 PM
Initiate

W FACE already sold more than WOML's first month! Yay. It might hit 50k by the end of the month.

New certified Gold for Kumi:

Gold (100,000):
Koda Kumi – Ienai yo (10/13/10)

http://www.riaj.or.jp/f/data/cert/hs.html

Last edited by kaled kalil; 21st March 2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 21st March 2017, 02:16 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Just listened to Outside. Am I the only one who thinks it's beyond annoying? I listened to it during my work out and I stopped working out after just 35 minutes because I was honestly exhausted listening to all that noise and needed a little silence.
W FACE would have had potential, but this "yes bitch" line is so annoying I can't. It's noise. Ultraviolet sounds like a thousand other Koda songs, but is quite nice compared to the rest of the album. Insane is the best one imo since the fake rock anthem feel of it during the chorus gives it at least a little individuality. Heartless is so out of place, what was that? And where the hell is the bass in Bassline? If you call a song Bassline you damn fucking give it a damn great bassline. Furthermore, what is it with this fake big band instruments style in mostly every second song? Is it supposed to sound "artsy"? If you want a song to sound like real music, you better use real instruments.
I was so looking forward to this album, but after this one is again, like the last one, mostly "cool" "artsy" uninspired sounds aka noise mixed with uninspired beats I guess I will give up on Koda.
Is Inside any better or will I waste my time listening to it?
I only do me workouts to outside since it was released XD 3-4 times in a row everyday and its still awsome
Old 21st March 2017, 04:22 PM

^haha well glad you can enjoy it though
Old 21st March 2017, 05:37 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu revealed one of the first tour goods today on playroom:

Really cool, but yellow isn't my colour. *sob*

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 21st March 2017, 05:46 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Love it!!!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 21st March 2017, 06:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ I totally thought of you when I saw it

Yellow is my favourite colour Love it, a shame it'll probably be too expensive for me

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 21st March 2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 21st March 2017, 07:10 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Kuu revealed one of the first tour goods today on playroom:

Really cool, but yellow isn't my colour. *sob*
Looove it! can't wait to see the rest of the goods! i don't have anything in yellow but i don't mind to have something this dope in yellow. there might be other colour variations available too.

loving all the Driving Hit's 7 previews so far, it sounds like it might turn out to be as flawless as DH4. and cover is clearly an out-take from W FACE ~ outside ~ photo shoot. lol it's a shame no ballads from inside is included, I lover remixes of ballads. that Promise remix from DH6... oooh

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 21st March 2017, 07:20 PM
starting over Initiate

Omg it's cute. Yellow is the new black lol
Old 21st March 2017, 07:29 PM
November Initiate

The Shh! remix sounds really good. Can't wait for this to be released.

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 21st March 2017, 09:21 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

getting that yellow hoody at the tour!
Old 21st March 2017, 09:25 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Omg I love it, if they release a man hoodie version I might consider buying it
Old 21st March 2017, 09:48 PM
End of the World Initiate

^you can wear it anyway, don't look for girls only.
Closed Thread

Tags
hottest asian artist, koda kumi, koda kumiko, queen of live