[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2019, 03:14 PM
SEASONS Initiate

One of the thing that bothers me is that she seems to have no clue how to go further in her career. I mean I have the feeling all the decisions are made last minute. She seems a bit lost and doesn't really know what comes next. Everything is a blur. Her schedule, her new tours' names... I don't blame her for that. She seems more free and maybe she only wants to work this way right now. Not having plans for the future. But it also means to me that her creativity is not here. And her new materials prove me that.
Old 28th March 2019, 03:48 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
One of the thing that bothers me is that she seems to have no clue how to go further in her career. I mean I have the feeling all the decisions are made last minute. She seems a bit lost and doesn't really know what comes next. Everything is a blur. Her schedule, her new tours' names... I don't blame her for that. She seems more free and maybe she only wants to work this way right now. Not having plans for the future. But it also means to me that her creativity is not here. And her new materials prove me that.
I guess the decision to tour this much was made long time ago, since the venues must be booked well in advance. When I was watching EXILE documentary, it was said that sometimes they have to to plan and book shows 2 years in advance.
Old 28th March 2019, 04:18 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I guess the decision to tour this much was made long time ago, since the venues must be booked well in advance. When I was watching EXILE documentary, it was said that sometimes they have to to plan and book shows 2 years in advance.
Could it be Avex has generally booked all venues way in advance and slowly distribute out to all the singers/artists?
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Old 28th March 2019, 06:00 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Them Ayu would be taking somebody's else programmes dates. This whole thing most likely was planned for some years now.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th March 2019, 11:49 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

So I never really look at venues but... when did mom downgrade to hall tours? Am I missing something?
de tu puño y letra
Old 28th March 2019, 11:52 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Reading this thread has been quite the ride as someone who probably won't ever see her live I'm just happy to get more concerts to watch on TV/DVDs, but I feel like I'm the only one lol
Old 29th March 2019, 12:17 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
So I never really look at venues but... when did mom downgrade to hall tours? Am I missing something?
2017 but also lots of artists are doing hall tours these days
Old 29th March 2019, 12:36 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Just like Xianghua said, 2017. In 2017 there was a tour with 3 different "chapters", the first was performed in arenas while the other two were performed in halls. She did make an arena tour in 2018 called Power of Music but then she went back to halls for the TROUBLE tour that followed.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 29th March 2019, 02:05 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Aren't lots of arenas unavaliable due to the Olympic Games renovations?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th March 2019, 05:35 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Aren't lots of arenas unavaliable due to the Olympic Games renovations?
No, only Yoyogi, all the others are available as usual.
Which is why she's using Saitama Super Arena, even though she hardly did it before.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 29th March 2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 29th March 2019, 06:14 AM
rainy day Initiate

I understand that ayu is a human, but she is also a brand. That’s what it comes down to at the end of the day - she herself admitted this at one time.

Imagine if a brand just stopped pushing out what was once their bread and butter, in favor of something else in the brand lineup without so much as an announcement about their refocus. It would be unheard of.

I don’t think it’s far off for fans to wish for this to be addressed. Fans merely want to know how they should interpret her as a brand and what they should and shouldn’t anticipate. It can be frustrating to not know whether or not your expectations are legitimate. There’s a lot of confusion that needs to be addressed, and it’s hurting the brand to avoid doing so.
Old 29th March 2019, 07:11 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Actually more japan singers/artist is more like to hold Hall tour because the sound effect of Hall is better than Arena/Statium
Old 29th March 2019, 07:26 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguehoney View Post
Actually more japan singers/artist is more like to hold Hall tour because the sound effect of Hall is better than Arena/Statium
I prefer watching recordings from Arenas. They have better sound and better lighting
Old 29th March 2019, 12:32 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
One of the thing that bothers me is that she seems to have no clue how to go further in her career. I mean I have the feeling all the decisions are made last minute. She seems a bit lost and doesn't really know what comes next.
Not everyone is going to like what she’s releasing, it doesn’t mean she’s lost is just different opinions and tastes.

Didn’t she used to tour like this before?
Old 29th March 2019, 12:55 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I think you are missing the point, it's not about the fans liking her releases, it's about her having no real plans for her carreer since 2 years.

Also, no. In recent years she used to have a unique arena tour per year with songs from a new album and old songs + a-nation + cdl. Now she tours multiple times a year with only old songs (don't start telling me TROUBLE count as new songs because out of the 5 songs only 3 can be considered new and 2 of those 3 songs ended up disappearing for the day they filmed the show).

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 29th March 2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 29th March 2019, 02:52 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I also get that 'rushed' feeling.
But simply because how it is handled.
E.g. they announced the new TROUBLE tour and having the FC lotteries now only 1.5 - 1 month before the first date on May 1st.
That's very, very close and pretty unusual, cause for her in the past and especially other artists it's usually far in advance. Like months in advance.
Because of booking this extension of the tour may have been planned last year already, but for the entertainment world this is probably pretty rushed.
How should anybody - Ayu, her team and the fans - plan properly like that, I wonder?

It's pretty crazy if you think about it.
First part of TROUBLE tour ended in February, then she had like 2 weeks maybe off, started planning A^3 in March and now after that she only has three weeks till the new 1st date of the second part of TROUBLE tour...

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 29th March 2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 29th March 2019, 03:46 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I prefer watching recordings from Arenas. They have better sound and better lighting
You mean official ones? The sound is recorded from sound mixer, not from the audience, so I can't see how venue type can affect the sound unless you're experiencing a concert live as an audience member.
Old 29th March 2019, 03:54 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
No, only Yoyogi, all the others are available as usual.
Which is why she's using Saitama Super Arena, even though she hardly did it before.
She have done concerts in Saitama Super Arena several times since 2006.

ARENA TOUR 2006 A~(miss)understood~
ARENA TOUR 2010 A ~Rock'n' Roll Circus
POWER of MUSIC 2011 A
ARENA TOUR 2012 A~HOTEL Love songs~
2013 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~
ARENA TOUR 2015 ~Cirque de Minuit~
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~

By the way, why complaining about her doing halls when she's still following her pattern of doing (at least) two concerts in an arena per year? We're still getting the same thing as we used to have. Some people here thinks that we're in 2001 and Ayu is still the most relevant person in Japan and that she will do a 3day concert in Tokyo Dome and release a 3Disc DVD after that.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 29th March 2019, 04:31 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
She have done concerts in Saitama Super Arena several times since 2006.

ARENA TOUR 2006 A~(miss)understood~
ARENA TOUR 2010 A ~Rock'n' Roll Circus
POWER of MUSIC 2011 A
ARENA TOUR 2012 A~HOTEL Love songs~
2013 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~
ARENA TOUR 2015 ~Cirque de Minuit~
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~
I know, but Yoyogi was her standard venue for Tokyo she used every year compared to Saitama, that's why I said hardly.
If Saitama was in a tour, she usually also had dates for Yoyogi.
And you can't really count 2018, cause Yoyogi was already closed last year.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 29th March 2019, 04:33 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguehoney View Post
Gotcha. From what I've always understood, newer/smaller artists, once they have a fanbase, start at halls and only go up if they're lucky. Good to know there are other factors and not just low ticket sales, which is what I assumed when I saw this was a hall tour. I've never kept up with her tours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
By the way, why complaining about her doing halls when she's still following her pattern of doing (at least) two concerts in an arena per year? We're still getting the same thing as we used to have. Some people here thinks that we're in 2001 and Ayu is still the most relevant person in Japan and that she will do a 3day concert in Tokyo Dome and release a 3Disc DVD after that.
hey sis, inquiry in ignorance =/= shit fit/complaining/dementia
de tu puño y letra

Last edited by ストロボ・EdGE; 29th March 2019 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020