NINKI index for crossroad - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th September 2010, 08:02 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
number 1.. great! but only 86k?? I expected at least 100k cuz seems it's having more pre-orders than MOON_blossom and You were..._BALLAD
These are not the sales, they're just (not so accurate) predictions. If I'm not mistaken, the way they work is by surveying a group of people whether they would buy the singles, am I right?

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 17th September 2010, 08:23 PM
Daybreak Initiate

^Yep. That's all it is. The NINKI position for Berryz Kobo last single for example projected them to be in the top five for that week but the single kinda tanked and they barely made top #10. So yeah, it's a good rough projection for interest but not necessarily accurate.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Last edited by Ranma Matsuri; 17th September 2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:24 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
These are not the sales, they're just (not so accurate) predictions. If I'm not mistaken, the way they work is by surveying a group of people whether they would buy the singles, am I right?
yes. They ask 400 people.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
number 1.. great! but only 86k?? I expected at least 100k cuz seems it's having more pre-orders than MOON_blossom and You were..._BALLAD
Saying it in red:
NINKI DOES NOT PREDICT SALES
Quote:
The NINKI ratings are the results of a poll conducted by Oricon indicating interest in an upcoming release. Although the ratings are never a true reflection of sales, it does give a strong prediction about where the single/album will place in terms of popularity amongst the Japanese public. having said so, they are NOT an indication of how it will perform in terms of chart positioning and total sales for the week.
Generally, they're good for figuring out who will get #1 or #2, but other than that... it's up in the air.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:53 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I can't wait for this wednesday, i hope ayu can sell more than kuu

TWICE

Old 17th September 2010, 10:06 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
i hate that many people still think that avex control MW sales...
for me it's not avex that control it...

but the japan fanbase, i believe when they know that MW is in danger, i think they unite and maybe buy 2 copies per person...and it's logic that she got high sales...

don't underestimate the power of japan fanbase...

that's my opinion...
If you really believe that avex has nothing to do about MW's sales, then it's okay. As I said before, her hardcore fans were one big force to save MW. But if avex didn't make any action at all, I dun think MW would be saved in the end. Those goodies (buy 2 versions to get a poster blah blah, and buy all versions to get another blah blah) are baits to lure fans to buy more copies. The unusually boost from the last day sales was quite a miracle to me.

It's not only avex having this kinda power. All companies do. It's easy to see that by looking at those artists' No. 1 streaks as an example. They may not manipulate the charts (like... asking the employees to buy cds), but they had the rites to pick on dates that those who has no. 1 streaks will not face tough competitors. Those no. 1 streaks (including ayu's) are actually a joke to me sometimes. Of course B'z no. 1 streak is never broken, how can it be when they release singles are the time when there's no competitor at all? KinKi Kids can still have the Guinness World Records because their company making sure that they won't face Arashi or AKB48 or whoever that can bring them down.

Oh well anywayz... yeah that's just my opinion. I should close this debate again because I dun wanna turn this into an ugly argument . It will be my fault if it ends up like that .
Old 17th September 2010, 10:23 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
If you really believe that avex has nothing to do about MW's sales, then it's okay. As I said before, her hardcore fans were one big force to save MW. But if avex didn't make any action at all, I dun think MW would be saved in the end. Those goodies (buy 2 versions to get a poster blah blah, and buy all versions to get another blah blah) are baits to lure fans to buy more copies. The unusually boost from the last day sales was quite a miracle to me.

It's not only avex having this kinda power. All companies do. It's easy to see that by looking at those artists' No. 1 streaks as an example. They may not manipulate the charts (like... asking the employees to buy cds), but they had the rites to pick on dates that those who has no. 1 streaks will not face tough competitors. Those no. 1 streaks (including ayu's) are actually a joke to me sometimes. Of course B'z no. 1 streak is never broken, how can it be when they release singles are the time when there's no competitor at all? KinKi Kids can still have the Guinness World Records because their company making sure that they won't face Arashi or AKB48 or whoever that can bring them down.

Oh well anywayz... yeah that's just my opinion. I should close this debate again because I dun wanna turn this into an ugly argument . It will be my fault if it ends up like that .
Bad, bad, bad Blugie... u.ú (but I agree with u anyway xD)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th September 2010, 10:55 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post

Everything you're saying is true.
It's not a bad thing though (the part with the goods & gifts) it's just a strategy they had to use and it succeeded. So it's pretty cool. =D
Old 18th September 2010, 11:33 AM
fairyland Initiate

congrats ayu hope you'll keep that no 1!

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 18th September 2010, 05:08 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I wonder if the NINKI for L will be higher...?
Old 18th September 2010, 11:59 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

^ it definately will. I really hope L can crack 200K or maybe 150K for this time.
Old 19th September 2010, 12:42 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

And the promo for L ?

TWICE

Old 19th September 2010, 03:22 AM
ourselves Initiate

#1, but not a huge lead. I hope it's enough though!

My travel blog
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:44 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

what about NINKI index for L??
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:51 PM
Initiate

Quote:
what about NINKI index for L??
I suppose it will come tomorrow
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:52 PM
Daybreak Initiate