The Official Madonna Thread IV - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 8th April 2008, 07:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

The Official Madonna Thread IV

Are you guys ready for some HARD CANDY?!

Only 22 more days!

In the meantime, 4 Minutes is now on the TRL roster. Please vote, it only takes 2 seconds and you don't have to give them any personal info at all. (you can also vote as many times as you want ) The placement of 4 Minutes on this countdown is crucial to the success of the single.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

AIM: XStevenProcess
youtube | last.fm | twitter | dailybooth | formspring
You can call me Steven.

MADONNA - STICKY & SWEET TOUR
10-30-08 VANCOUVER BC FRONT ROW

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 8th April 2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 8th April 2008, 07:14 AM
STEP you Protector

22 days - the wait is going to feel so long if the album only leaks a day before the official release. But, new Madonna!
Old 8th April 2008, 07:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyria View Post
22 days - the wait is going to feel so long if the album only leaks a day before the official release. But, new Madonna!
Yes! I really hope that the album continues to leak in small bits like it has been so far. That way we can savor each piece of sweet candy up until the release! (plus it probably wouldn't affect her sales as much)

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 8th April 2008, 07:40 AM
STEP you Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylfantasy View Post
Yes! I really hope that the album continues to leak in small bits like it has been so far. That way we can savor each piece of sweet candy up until the release! (plus it probably wouldn't affect her sales as much)
I've made the decision not to listen to small clips so I can enjoy the full HQ experience even if it means waiting until that day before or the actual release. Usually I listen to all available previews, but I think that with this album I don't want to be "spoiled" - 4 Minutes was such a pleasant surprise when I heard the full HQ, it would be great if I could repeat that experience with the rest. Now I just have to hope my resolve lasts through viewings of this thread and all the tempting Clip of Song X links.
Old 8th April 2008, 08:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

A preview clip of Peter Rauhofer's "Peter Saves Paris Mix" of 4 Minutes is now up on his myspace. Typical Petey, but still sounds great nonetheless. I like the other mix he debuted at Work better.

Quote:
Alors, debout !

French radio NRJ has finally started the competion running on air and on the online website to win tickets for Madonna's private concert to take place on May 6 at l'Olympia.

After the teaser aired last week a new advertising is now broadcast on television. Madonna wakes up the hosts of morning show "6-9" saying:

- Bruno ?
- Camille ?
- Flo ?
- N'oubliez pas que je viens à Paris pour un concert privé ! (Don't forget I am coming to Paris for my private gig)
- Alors, debout ! (Come on, wake up!)

You can watch the video on nrj.fr

Source: Madonna Tribe

Quote:
Vanity Fair for Charity

Vanityfair.com, on behalf of Madonna’s designated charity, Raising Malawi, has arranged to auction off the autographed globe from the singer’s May 2008 Vanity Fair cover shoot. The package also includes two tickets to a very special Madonna performance in New York City at the end of April, and much more.

The auction runs from April 8 until April 18, 2008.

A midcentury fashion-magazine cover inspired V.F. editor Graydon Carter to have Madonna pose with a globe, and the singer immediately embraced the idea. Michael Roberts, the magazine’s fashion and style director, then commissioned London-based set designer Robbie Doig to build the giant orb. Constructed of plaster and marble dust with a recyclable polystyrene core, it took 10 days to complete. With a four-foot diameter and weighing in at about 80 pounds, the globe was suspended from the ceiling of Los Angeles’s Smashbox Studios for the photo shoot, on February 21, 2008. Madonna maneuvered herself around the world’s circumference while photographer Steven Meisel captured the superstar from all angles. When the shoot came to an end, Madonna signed the globe—making a point to draw a heart over Africa.

The package includes

• the autographed globe from Madonna’s May 2008 Vanity Fair cover shoot
two tickets to a very special Madonna performance in New York City at the end of April;
accommodation for two nights at N.Y.C.’s Bowery Hotel;
dinner at Gemma—one of Manhattan’s hottest restaurants;
round-trip airfare for you and a guest (from select cities) to N.Y.C., provided by Virgin America

Link: eBay

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 8th April 2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 8th April 2008, 05:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Sun reveals some more lyrics...

MADONNA’s new album Hard Candy is her most lyrically revealing collection ever – picking over the bones of relationships in meltdown.
Tracks frankly dissect the pain that comes when partnerships sour.
The 49-year-old has never been more confessional than on a string of tracks on the collection which is released on April 28.

Miles Away
“I’m alright
Don’t be sorry, it’s true
When I’m gone you’ll realise
I’m the best thing that ever happened to you.”

She’s Not Me
“She’s reading my books
Stealing my looks and wearing my lingerie
She’s got legs up to there and such beautiful hair
Devoted for life, your beautiful wife
She’s not me.”

Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You
“There’s something you should know
Angels that surround my heart
Are telling me to let you go
Over and over you’re pulling me back to the floor
I should just walk away. I keep on coming back for more”

Madge has worked with some of the biggest producers on the planet on this – her 11th studio album. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, TIMBALAND, KANYE WEST and PHARELL WILLIAMS all lend a hand on the impressively varied LP.

There’s thundering hip hop – Heartbeat, sumptuous disco – Dance 2night and grand balladeering – Voices.
Source: The Sun

Quote:
Hard Candy: UK Album Playback

Madonnalicious was fortunate enough to attend the UK playback for Hard Candy in East London earlier this evening with about 100 other members of the press.

Behind a non-descript door near Spitalfields market, UK press, TV and internet journalists gathered to listen to Madonna's new album. Once checked in at the door, all mobile phones were taken away and champagne handed out in return!

The playback took place in a large loft-type space, with many sofas and comfy chairs, cushions and LCD televisions, on every table there were candy canes and jelly beans - and large lollypops spelling out M-A-D-O-N-N-A H-A-R-D C-A-N-D-Y, many of the journalists snapped up these goodies.

Handouts of the album tracklist were handed out to everyone and then the playback started with the name of each track was displayed on the many LCD screens - and at the end the 4 Minutes video was also played.

As everyone left, they were handed a Hard Candy goodie bag which contained copies of Dazed and Confused, Elle, Q and Vanity Fair (May editions with the Madonna covers), a set of four Hard Candy collectors postcards, candy canes, a Hard Candy lollypop and some Madonna Hard Candies which would spell out her name and the album title if you dared open the packet!

And the album you ask? For those who were worried Madonna has ventured too far into RnB, fear not - although some songs contain the RnB beat, the way Madonna sings her lyrics over the top tends to make the songs recognizably 'Madonna'.
Far from being just an RnB album, madonnalicious felt a definite early 1980's club disco/electronic vibe to the album, and it felt like Madonna was going back to her beginnings (with a little RnB added on top!).

The second single Give It 2 Me will be an excellent club hit - in it's funky club/disco stomper way - it even contains a very similar bridge/break to Thief of Hearts.
For those fans who previously heard The Beat Goes On - prepare for a surprise - the song is so different madonnalicious even thought the wrong track was being played. Only the chorus (barely) survives, and there are new verses and a new rap by Kanye West.
Other standout tracks include 4 Minutes, Miles Away, She's Not Me, Incredible, Devil Wouldn't Recognise You and Voices.
Source: Madonnalicious

Quote:
Promo Tour rehearsals begin tomorrow

MadonnaTribe has heard that music rehearsals for the promo tour for "Hard Candy" with Madonna will begin tomorrow in London.

Many members of the usual band, including Monte Pittman, are back on board but Stuart Price is not.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 8th April 2008, 06:44 PM
STEP you Protector

Quote:
The second single Give It 2 Me will be an excellent club hit - in it's funky club/disco stomper way - it even contains a very similar bridge/break to Thief of Hearts.
I love Thief of Hearts, so that sounds very promising.
Old 8th April 2008, 07:34 PM
fairyland Initiate

wow already a new Madonna thread ^^
that's great I think I'll pre-order this album next month or something =P
^^ I only have 3 albums with Madonna and I want them all xD
gonna catch them all xD

|| Switch FC: SW-6768-6471-0697||

Old 8th April 2008, 09:14 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

You'll have to preorder it sooner than that, it comes out on the 28th of this month for the global release and the 29th for the US.

New hard candy promo photo!

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 8th April 2008, 11:07 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Check this out gang! 4 Minutes is #1 on MTV.com's most viewed music videos! Jump is also at #10 which shocked the hell out of me.

Go M go!!!

Don't forget to keep on voting for the TRL roster! We can't slump now!

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 8th April 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:07 AM
Initiate

What the hell is Jump doing there? Anyways, I don't care what people say, I freaking love the video! When I'm at college all I wanna do is get home, turn my stereo on and dance like there's no tomorrow to 4 Minutes! Yes, (not so) guilty pleasure.

pop music will never be low brow!

Old 9th April 2008, 03:07 AM
Startin' Protector

I love the video! So fun! I love it when she jumps on the peoples' table eating dinner and they're just like "...oh hey. we're dying."

She totally outdanced Justin though. XD
Old 9th April 2008, 05:37 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Blender magazine ''Hard Candy'' review

Page 1
Page 2
Source: Drowned Madonna

I put the scans in links because I didn't wanna stretch the page. I also lol'ed heartily at the Miley Cyrus comment.

The MIX 106.5 FULL interview with Madonna is now available for download.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 9th April 2008, 05:51 AM
Two of us Initiate

the way you hear Madonna explain the concept behind the 4 Minutes video in the first minute or so of the MIX 106.5 interview makes you appreciate it more: it's an interesting theme, I kind of just wish it was made more explicit and maybe that the song's lyrics could have better reflected the idea behind it. Oh well, good stuff nonetheless.

Also, I don't know what to make of the reviews - they're all mostly positive but they share the same complaints about production, etc. of much of the last half of the album. Then again, Confessions got about the same critical reception and it was a great album soooo we'll see
Old 9th April 2008, 07:32 AM
Because of You Initiate

"'Hey You', the yawn-tsunami of global consciousness that Madonna wrote for Live Earth last July."

Haha Sorry, but I really have to agree with that one.

Good review. But I'd hardly call her a "leather-cop dominatrix". That title belongs to Namie. I'm still not sold on buying it though. I'll need to hear more than 4 Minutes (Excellent) and Candy Shop (Wretched) before I know if it deserves my purchase.

Old 9th April 2008, 08:01 AM
Because of You Initiate

Oh, and has anyone heard this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnUmhl6wp4

That's not real, is it? It's way too rough to be an actual song, at least in my opinion.

Old 9th April 2008, 08:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

That's been floating around Youtube for awhile and it's completely fake. The vocals are just pre-existing ones that some fan spliced together. I'm glad it's fake but also sad at the same time because I kinda like the electro bang and kicking bass to it. At least until the words start.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 9th April 2008, 08:33 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
That's been floating around Youtube for awhile and it's completely fake. The vocals are just pre-existing ones that some fan spliced together. I'm glad it's fake but also sad at the same time because I kinda like the electro bang and kicking bass to it. At least until the words start.
That's what I was thinking might be the case. And I'm with you on the electro bang and the bass. But yeah, when the vocals come in it's a hot mess

Old 9th April 2008, 09:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Music For The Bourgeoisie and The Rebels

This European band, Roy&Ádám Trio feat. Jamie Winchester, has made a very 'interesting' cover of Madonna's hit Music and released it as a single.

Check it out:
Source: Perez Hilton

The 4 Minutes remix previews are available on Amazon.

Here are two of the radio edits from the maxi.

4 Minutes (Tracy Young Radio Edit)
4 Minutes (Bob Sinclar Space Funk Edit)

I'm only gonna post the radio edits, you'll have to buy the single to get the extended mixes. Please support Madonna!

Quote:
In The Media: Madonna by Rowena True

The guys at Dazed magazine want to invite M-Tribe readers to watch a nice Madonna related video by artist Rowena True.

Back in 2006 Rowena True completed her RCA MA in animation since then she has worked on a number of animation commissions including Topshop, Grazia, The National Theatre, projects for London Fashion Week and most recently for Dazed Digital to coincide with April's Madonna issue of Dazed.

Rowena created a short animation inspired by Madonna's changing images throughout the years, in collaboration with costume designer Maki Loulou who created the mini Madonna themed costumes from the various different era's for the Barbie's in the film, such as , Madonna's 1983 hit song 'Borderline', her 1985 film debut 'Desperately Seeking Susan', the 1986 hit song 'Open Your Heart' and the seminal 'Vogue' era and sell out Blond Ambition World tour from 1990. Check out the rest of Rowena's films on her website www.rowenatrue.com and read below a q&a the up and coming artist.

See her Madonna video by clicking HERE

Thanks to Kirsti at Dazed

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 9th April 2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10th April 2008, 03:40 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
I love you Steven

Tags
hard candy, madonna, sticky and sweet, tour