[BREAKERZ] The 42nd thread - 22nd single I love my daughter (10.02.21) - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2020, 11:04 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

BARABARA / LOVE STAGE 1st week position & sales - #20 , 2,575

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6949829741

Oh wow I frankly expected a lot more worst with only 1 proper release being put out since the fanclub version is not counted towards Oricon

Anyway doesn't matter I love the single a hell lot , stuff like this it's secondary to me

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 15th September 2020, 03:32 PM

Being last Wed published a long but yet insightful interview that they did with the guys in conjunction with the release of BARABARA / LOVE STAGE

The fanclub website also published a different interview they did with the guys which focused on the shooting of both A-sides' PVs

As with all translations , everything is not 100% accurate give or take

How COVID-19 has impacted the guys

Spoiler:
AKIHIDE

He started a standalone YouTube channel (MOON SIDE THEATRE) for him to showcase picture book videos that utilised paper art created by AKIHIDE himself alongside with the creation of new solo music

Creation of art by hand calms AKIHIDE down & he hopes that everyone who listens and sees the picture book videos on YouTube will help to decrease their anxiety levels

DAIGO

The respective birthday & anniversary concerts the guys wanted to do for 2020 , they all had to be cancelled due to the pandemic & before the situation became dire , DAIGO wondered if a live concert could have been done in July

Other than music , DAIGO also was doing other things like appearing on variety TV shows but once Tokyo enforce a lockdown , all TV productions were temporarily stopped & he had to stay at home

During the time DAIGO was at home , DAIGO did stuff such as posting 30 straight days AP (Asa Pan ; morning bread) entries via his blog , watch various videos on different video distribution services , made more than a dozen song demos within a month (wow :O)

In addition , DAIGO spent the days listening to the news more than the norm

SHINPEI

Has been a long time since SHINPEI was at home for such an extended period of time since his childhood summer vacations & he did not expect this to happen to him as an adult

SHINPEI spent more time cooking , tidying up & cleaning at home

Other than household chores , SHINPEI also created songs & set up a recording studio at home as he feels that online live distribution footages will become more mainstream from now on with regards to last month's SHINPEI SOLO LIVE ~Roots~ vol.3 which was held online

BARABARA / LOVE STAGE creation

- Both songs were 1st put into creation last May when BREAKERZ received both movies' story plots

BARABARA

Spoiler:
- AKIHIDE enjoyed the composing aspect of BARABARA which he did so after he watched the Youkai Ningen Bela movie

BARABARA's introduction melody came relatively easy for AKIHIDE & he wanted the melody to sound surprising

- DAIGO wanted to express various conflicts in BARABARA as it's a song that lyrically focuses on anger , sadness , suffering , sadness & etc , traits from the perspective of Bela

- AKIHIDE & SHINPEI's guitar playing styles are very different in BARABARA's melody

AKIHIDE - mysterious atmosphere & sadness

SHINPEI - crazy over the top (xD)

- DAIGO had difficulties recording/singing BARABARA as it has many different expressions in the same song

It has been a while since DAIGO has to record/sing a song like this so after he finished recording it , he felt a sense of fulfilment

LOVE STAGE

Spoiler:
- Eiki Eiki contacted DAIGO and asked him to be in charge of the song (like duh :p)

- SHINPEI has known the existence of the LOVE STAGE manga for a long time & he had to re-read the manga in order to get inspiration when comes to composing the song's melody

- In the 2nd 1/2 of the song with the chanting going on in the song's backdrop , DAIGO enlisted a staff member's help to do the voice chanting alongside with the other 3 , xD

- DAIGO incorporated words such as showtime , butai , dance to make the song fun & to express it from the perspective of the LOVE STAGE!! live action movie

Day Soldier ~Acoustic Version~

Spoiler:
- BREAKERZ 1st performed Day Soldier ~Acoustic Version~ during last Feb's BREAKERZ Valentine Cruise ♥

So far they only performed it once last year but the acoustic version of Day Soldier was very well received from fanclub members who saw them performed it during the mini live session

Due to this , AKIHIDE decided to give Day Soldier ~Acoustic Version~ the CD treatment

- Keyboardist Takimoto Seigo and violinist Shirasu Kon backed the guys up last Feb & they also participated in the CD recording of Day Soldier ~Acoustic Version~

During the recording of the song in the studio , AKIHIDE requested Takimoto Seigo to play the keyboard notes the same manner as how he did last Feb onstage

- SHINPEI commented that Day Soldier has a fierce Rock arrangement as compared to the acoustic version which has a Jazz like sound

And SHINPEI feels it will be interesting to listen to both renditions & to compare them with each other

BREAKERZ ONLINE LIVE 2020 -ONE NIGHT LOVE STAGE-

Spoiler:
- DAIGO said if not for COVID-19 , the guys would have done a short tour from Aug to Sept

- Prior to their upcoming 1st online live concert , they mainly focused on doing acoustic sets that were streamed via SHOWROOM but DAIGO feels now is the right time to do a full scale online concert in order to showcase BREAKERZ's onstage personnel as a band

- DAIGO hopes the upcoming online live serve as a form of a power to the future , not only for the fans but also for themselves

Even if folks have not attended a BREAKERZ concert physically prior to COVID-19 , ONE NIGHT LOVE STAGE can easily be watched from anywhere in the country & DAIGO would be happy if he could connect with many people via this opportunity

Lastly , DAIGO remarked it would be great if everyone could love the one night only live performance that will be held on 26th Sept

https://breakerz-web.net/news/release_056_01.html

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 16th September 2020, 06:08 AM

DAIGO last night posted via Instagram that after last Fri's ZIP! TV broadcast aired finished , the presenters congratulated him becoming a 1st time dad after news broke out that he & Keiko became 1st time parents to a baby girl :

Quote:
先日ZIP!で番組終わりにお祝いしていただきました!ZIP!はいつ来ても本当に皆さん温かくて、ただい ま感がすごいんです!9月マンスリーパーソナリティも早くも残り2回ですが、全力で頑張ります!せーの!Z IP!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKNGX0jhAw/

It frankly hasn't sink in that DAIGO is officially a dad now , wth xD

Old 16th September 2020, 11:30 AM

Hayashi Takayuki styled the guys for BARABARA & this's the 3rd time he has styled the guys , after X & Yamiyo ni Mau Aoi Tori

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE50ozpjTJ6/

Old 16th September 2020, 07:21 PM

AKIHIDE & SHINPEI last Sun appeared on OHAYO-WISH!! radio show as guests and the same thing will happen again this coming Sun morning

9/20(日)9:30~9:55 TOKYO FM『太田胃散 presents DAIGOのOHAYO-WISH!!』
※AKIHIDE、SHINPEIゲスト出演 ; guest appearance
※FM OSAKA、FM AICHI 8:30~8:55

https://breakerz-web.net/news/radio_001.html

Old 17th September 2020, 05:33 AM

Tower Records Shibuya

Upclose shot of the autographed note written by the guys

https://twitter.com/grammy1103/statu...59574167760897

Old 17th September 2020, 10:49 AM

Tower Records Umeda Osaka Marubiru

https://twitter.com/cherryoulife/sta...96261652963332

Old 17th September 2020, 04:05 PM

The guys' longtime stylist mizzy wrote on Instagram that he was the 1 who styled the guys for last Sat's Youkai Ningen Bela movie opening stage greeting events

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFO-7BZp...=17bn5m9mrzva5

Nice

Old 18th September 2020, 05:31 AM

Osaka's Tower Records Namba

https://twitter.com/TOWER_Namba/stat...08566996623360

Old 18th September 2020, 10:52 AM

Osaka's Tower Records Umeda NU Chayamachi

https://twitter.com/TOWER_NUchaya/st...61849530454017

Old 18th September 2020, 03:23 PM

Tower Records Shinjuku

https://twitter.com/TOWER_Shinjuku/s...27402982629377

Old 18th September 2020, 07:15 PM

Various BARABARA / LOVE STAGE video release comments featuring the guys

AWA :

https://twitter.com/AWA_official/sta...88952272760833

KKBox Japan :

https://twitter.com/KKBOX_JP/status/1303670539764920320

Spotify Japan :

https://twitter.com/SpotifyJP/status...32328757719040

Recochoku :

https://twitter.com/recochoku_jp/sta...16592807297024

Utapass :

https://twitter.com/utapass/status/1303673326770954241

The video AWA uploaded of the guys is the only 1 so far that includes Japanese subtitles

Old 19th September 2020, 06:19 AM

Obtained with Xianghua's help

Old 19th September 2020, 02:23 PM

Total sale numbers of each of the guys' physical releases from 2007 til now

https://twitter.com/sanse_iu/status/1307278919918186496

I still cannot believe their self titled debut album never charted oO

It took me a very long time to stop disliking their 1st album

Old 20th September 2020, 06:48 AM

Barks last Tue published a long but yet insightful interview that they did with the guys in conjunction with the release of BARABARA / LOVE STAGE

Surprisingly , the Barks interview is quite different as compared to the interview posted on the guys' official site , contents wise

As with all translations , everything is not 100% accurate give or take

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000188623

BARABARA origins

Spoiler:
DAIGO

After watching the Youkai Ningen Bela movie , each of the members wrote different sets of lyrics on BARABARA

However from the beginning it seemed like BARABARA would be a song that would be best written and conveyed by AKIHIDE (like duh :p)

DAIGO has no recollection of how the song melody's demo that SHINPEI created with him sounds like now (LMAO)

SHINPEI

BARABARA song title was originally supposed to be in Japanese ie. バラバラ which DAIGO commented that it was a tentative title in the early stages of the song's creation

AKIHIDE

AKIHIDE felt it was easy to remember Bela & Barabara , so he gave it a tentative song title at that time

The song chorus 闇に生きて バラバラになれ ; Yami ni Ikite Barabara ni Nare also made things easier for AKIHIDE to remember

DAIGO

BREAKERZ has many songs filled with hope , but for BARABARA , he wanted to make it a song that deals with conflict , suffering , sadness & crazy emotions

BARABARA / LOVE STAGE PV & Jacket shootings

Spoiler:
Both A-sides' PVs & jacket shootings were done on the same day

The guys did LOVE STAGE 1st followed by BARABARA

Due to COVID-19 , the guys tried to do things as separately as possible while following safe distancing rules

BARABARA PV shooting

Spoiler:
DAIGO

DAIGO tried to evoke the feeling of him being in his 20s during the shooting of the BARABARA PV

After that was done , AKIHIDE praised DAIGO saying it was very good

DAIGO jokingly said after 13 years , it has been hard to get compliments and the other 2 laughed

SHINPEI

SHINPEI felt a lot more free in headbanging in the PV with BARABARA being the 2nd single song that he did not wear his sunglasses after DxDxD

The Barks interviewer asked if the guys had any neck ache after they finished filming the BARABRA PV

SHINPEI said no while DAIGO commented the left side of his neck hurt lmao (which you can see towards the tail end of the BARABARA PV , xD)

BARABARA visual

Spoiler:
Green is used as the 3 main characters of the Youkai Ningen Bem were born from green liquids & due to this , green colour was used in the visuals for BARABARA

LOVE STAGE origins

Spoiler:
DAIGO

The same thing with BARABARA , each of the members wrote different sets of lyrics on LOVE STAGE

The production staff commented that 'I wish I had a song I wrote' , xD

SHINPEI

SHINPEI worked on the melody of LOVE STAGE with the image of a rock song that incorporates 1980s atmosphere

The Barks interviewer remarked that SHINPEI is perceived to have an image of creating macho and intense songs & that to discover that LOVE STAGE is a cute song , the interviewer was surprised and SHINPEI laughed about it xD

LOVE STAGE's introduction melody was inspired by Hikaru GENJI's Paradise Ginga

AKIHIDE

LOVE STAGE is a song that showcases BREAKERZ's brightness

For the song's demo , AKIHIDE's guitar arrangement made DAIGO felt nostalgic which made AKIHIDE happy

DAIGO said there was originally no name calling done in the 2nd 1/2 of the song & a guitar solo was part of the song's demo

Due to this , DAIGO wanted to incorporate the feeling of calling the names of each member's just like Smile 100%

Currently , live concerts can only be done according to COVID-19 guidelines . The 2nd 1/2 of LOVE STAGE with the inclusion of name calling can involve fans & get excited in an alternate way

LOVE STAGE PV shooting

Spoiler:
PV has a comic book plot which's inspired by the LOVE STAGE manga

DAIGO

DAIGO wanted to bring out the smiles and facial expressions of the members in the PV & he was in charge of shooting the image scenes in the video

For example , requesting AKIHIDE to turn around and wink at the camera (:p)

BARABARA has a visual kei vibe while LOVE STAGE has an idol feeling

The Barks interviewer commented that the guys are already past the age of doing such things but DAIGO remarked that AKIHIDE has a really nice smile in the PV , *___*

Fanclub version

Spoiler:
DAIGO

The guys wasn't able to do a concert to celebrate their 13th anniversary with fans

Due to this , DAIGO wanted to put out something special for the fans hence the special deluxe edition of BARABARA / LOVE STAGE was decided on

With regards to last July's Shakunetsu no REAL SUMMER PARTY 2019 , the staff wanted to exclude the scary incident that DAIGO experienced but he insisted that the entire footages of the concert be included in the DVD

DAIGO remarked that Shakunetsu no REAL SUMMER PARTY 2019 itself was great & he want all the footages to be left intact inclusive of the scary incident that he experienced onstage

DAIGO also jokingly said what he went through onstage last July , it would serve as a warning for heat stroke , LOL

Some fans commented that they don't want to replay that scary DAIGO incident in their minds but for this , DAIGO told them to just fast forward the footages xD

Despite what happened last July , DAIGO had no regrets doing Shakunetsu no REAL SUMMER PARTY 2019 as the guys was able to finish the concert

The Barks interviewer commented that digital releases in Japan have been on the raise but DAIGO fought hard to get both songs to be released in a physical CD

BARABALOVE Talk Kai online video call participation

Spoiler:
DAIGO chose this which was included as part of the fanclub version as in recent months , remote meetings have become a norm and he wanted to get in touch with the fans in lieu of doing physical release events

For BARABALOVE Talk Kai , it was an individual online talk session between each member & a fan so that everyone didn't need to be in the same place

It was the 1st time the guys did an online video call participation & their conversation skills were tested , xD

New album delay & BREAKERZ ONLINE LIVE 2020 -ONE NIGHT LOVE STAGE-

Spoiler:
DAIGO said if not for COVID-19 , not only the guys would have done a short tour from Aug to Sept , but a new album would have been released o_o

Just like BARABALOVE Talk Kai which was the 1st time the guys did an online video call participation , ONE NIGHT LOVE STAGE would be the 1st online concert the guys will do next Sat which DAIGO sees it as a 2nd new challenge for the guys to tackle after BARABALOVE Talk Kai

===

Ok wow a new album . Unfortunately DAIGO didn't elaborate what type of album but most probably a studio album but I'm still hoping for a new acoustic album as it's super long overdue for a new 1 to materialise :s

It's funny but not surprising DAIGO is so troll-ish to SHINPEI after all these years ~_~ xD

Despite this , for what DAIGO said about Shakunetsu no REAL SUMMER PARTY 2019 , it's really sweet and I'm really glad he fought hard for a physical CD release as no way BARABARA & LOVE STAGE should go the digital route

Digital releases is 1 thing but it's not the same as compared to holding an actual CD in my hands

Old 20th September 2020, 11:47 AM

AKIHIDE & SHINPEI were featured on this morning's OHAYO-WISH!! radio show as guests for the 2nd straight week

https://www.tfm.co.jp/wish/index.php?itemid=169931

Songs wise , BARABARA & LOVE STAGE were played

Old 21st September 2020, 06:40 AM

DAIGO the creeper ~.~

Poor SHINPEI , again +_+

Old 21st September 2020, 11:01 AM

SHINPEI wrote on Twitter that the guys today are in discussions on what songs to perform during this coming Sat's BREAKERZ ONLINE LIVE 2020 -ONE NIGHT LOVE STAGE-

https://twitter.com/shinpei_brz/stat...22364210970625

Old 21st September 2020, 07:08 PM

An hour more before the guys performed BARABARA on this week's Premium MelodiX!

https://twitter.com/Daigo19780408/st...78308064522253

DAIGO is still up :O

I'm sure the same thing applies to SHINPEI too x)

Old 22nd September 2020, 04:36 AM

BARABARA performance on this week's Premium MelodiX! 2020.09.22

Part 1

https://twitter.com/ongaku_tv/status...00723607875584

Part 2

https://twitter.com/ongaku_tv/status...00951639613440

Closed Thread

Tags
akihide, breakerz, daigo, shinpei