Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 ~V: Second chapter~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th October 2017, 09:35 PM
P.S II Initiate

This looks like a TA tour somehow. I don't mind anyway, I like the setlist a lot!

Just wondering if 3rd chapter will look like a TA tour or like a regular tour.

Old 18th October 2017, 11:08 PM
æternal Initiate

^definitely felt like an upscaled TA TOUR really. I kinda miss Ayu performing on arenas and will definitely feel sad if she stopped doing so. Third chapter probably would be similar to this since they’re also on halls.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Last edited by hayasaki; 19th October 2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 18th October 2017, 11:42 PM
BEST Initiate

Some halls are bigger than others, but this one seems really small.

I wonder what Ayu's true feelings are about this. TA is also small venue, but it's different knowing you have an audience with more "real" fans vs. a casual concert goer.

I think she must like the intimacy of a smaller venue, and being able to go to locations that she normally wouldn't be able to. But, from a business standpoint, each venue makes less money than a larger one would (that said, production costs are probably significantly lower too). And it is of course more strenuous physically to have to do more shows for the same money.
Old 19th October 2017, 02:44 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
On my way home now from the concert. Awesome show and really good vocals for the most part. The venue is rather small, i think its just me but from my seat, there were parts of the stage i couldn’t see because of a platform above me blocking it. lol

Todays setlist:

01. alterna
02. Microphone
03. GAME
04. Beloved
05. how beautiful you are
06. 1 LOVE
07. Shake It
08. STEP you
09. kiss o' kill
10. Free and Easy
11. Mirrorcle World
12. Fly high

ENCORE
13. WORDS

MC

14. evolution
15. Boys & Girls
16. TODAY

It was Kuni-chan’s birthday today so wwe sang a happy birthday to him during the MC.
Thanks for sharing! I'm really hoping she'll keep Beloved in the setlist until the end of the tour - didn't realise how much I wanted that until now.
Old 19th October 2017, 05:38 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ Also the price of booking halls is a lot cheaper.

There has to be a lot of financial merit to hall shows considering Namie did a number of hall tours when she easily could have been doing arenas instead.
Old 19th October 2017, 08:10 AM
Sky high Protector

Oh great that she brought back Beloved. ♥
Old 19th October 2017, 10:39 AM
æternal Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGMAN View Post
Thanks for sharing! I'm really hoping she'll keep Beloved in the setlist until the end of the tour - didn't realise how much I wanted that until now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Oh great that she brought back Beloved. ♥
Me too. Beloved is one of those few song that can still hit me hard.

Old 19th October 2017, 12:59 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ Also the price of booking halls is a lot cheaper.

There has to be a lot of financial merit to hall shows considering Namie did a number of hall tours when she easily could have been doing arenas instead.
As opposed to Ayu though, I always feel like Namie's Arena tours aren't really a spectacle. Her stage is usually simplistic, and relies mostly on screens and light shows, which can down scale a lot more easily. She also doesn't have much by way of band, performers, and dancers (as opposed to Ayu's giant troupe) -- so smaller venues seem like a no brainer for her. I also think there's something that creates higher demand when it's smaller venues, because the tickets are harder to get and thus seem more elusive or something.
Old 19th October 2017, 06:23 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamioda View Post
anyone won the ticket for overseas fan? I lost - Tokyo :'(
I applied for Kobe and Aichi and won both Just to make sure there's no way to know the seat until I get the tickets? Because they have A1 and A9 on them but I'm not sure if it hints the seat or not.
Old 19th October 2017, 11:19 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Yes, you'll only know the seat when you get your ticket
Old 20th October 2017, 12:50 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
As opposed to Ayu though, I always feel like Namie's Arena tours aren't really a spectacle. Her stage is usually simplistic, and relies mostly on screens and light shows, which can down scale a lot more easily. She also doesn't have much by way of band, performers, and dancers (as opposed to Ayu's giant troupe) -- so smaller venues seem like a no brainer for her. I also think there's something that creates higher demand when it's smaller venues, because the tickets are harder to get and thus seem more elusive or something.
Have to say namie’s one didn’t wow me and when it ended I was like ‘ended?’. Anyway, is anyone going for the Kobe show this week?? And what time is the sale of goods? I can’t find info on the site

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Last edited by kiseki89; 20th October 2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 20th October 2017, 04:19 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Right, I'm not saying which artists shows suit a smaller venue more though, but rather that smaller venues must have some kind of money making incentive for the record company considering the fact that she could have always been doing arena tours, but instead would rather do super long hall tours.
Old 21st October 2017, 01:11 AM
æternal Initiate

^i think i could straightforwardly say that Ayu still doesn’t suit for smaller venue like halls with the entourage she has and the kind of stage she’d always had. Unlike TA TOUR, this hall tour looked rather cramped.

The stage setting is basically the exact stage of the cdl/1st Leg just without the cat walk and the center stage and imagine all that having fit on the halls’s smaller ones. I just realized now that it might be a reason why the band isn’t present this time.

I was kinda hoping they’ll be back on the third leg, but having the shows on halls too i doubt. Not unless Ayu will cut off dancers to give way for the band which I actually prefer. We haven’t seen her tour with just band in a while.

Old 21st October 2017, 02:17 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Praying hard tomorrow will go on as planned despite the warning of typhoon

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Old 21st October 2017, 02:22 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Why can ayu fans just leave namie alone. The world will never know.
Old 21st October 2017, 09:33 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
for me personally, namies tours look all the same. despite the songs, its very monotone. its not that i dont like them but when we have a performer like ayu, it shows how performers differ.

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 21st October 2017, 02:09 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
Why can´t ppl that like both discuss the difference in performance?
It´s not that anyone is bashing namie, they just leave their opinion in mature way^^

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 21st October 2017, 03:41 PM
Initiate

If Namie's tour are the same, Ayu's are too!
She didn't show anything new for ages! So...

That being said, Ayu and Namie are very different. I couldn't imagine Namie offering a tour like Ayu, it isn't her. Namie prefers to focus on dance and lights and energy.
Ayu don't dance so she focus on the stage with usually a theme.

And you know what? That's totally fine by me! Ayu is Ayu and Namie is Namie.
I will miss Namie's tour so much!
Old 21st October 2017, 04:48 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
The opposite can also be said.

But I wasn't saying anything critical about Namie at all. I was comparing two artists who have performed in both large arenas, as well as small hall tours. My only point was that her tours scale much more easily because she doesn't have the big show that Ayu does with an intricate stage, and tons of dancers, background singers, etc. It was all related to profitability of a hall tour and how I think Namie's overhead costs are MUCH lower than Ayu's because of all of those things, and for her, hall tours are probably hugely profitable because of that. For Ayu, even though I'm sure she's still making money, it's probably more of a significant drop for her in terms of time investment vs. profit.
Old 21st October 2017, 06:00 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^There's a way to adapt the way Ayu tours to halls keeping quality, and if she keeps touring halls I'm sure she will get there. Matsutoya Yumi has a similar style of performance and it works pretty well in halls ^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Closed Thread

Tags
just the beginning -20-, sacrifice, tour 2017