ayumi hamasaki NEW SINGLE "Nonfiction" Release 2022.04.22 - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th April 2022, 03:14 PM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
What I lament is avex still living in 2009 and posting PVs with not-so-good quality at YouTube hoping to sell them in DVD/Blu-Ray. You can see some macroblocking in many parts of the clip because they didn't upload it in the maximum 1080p quality YouTube supports.
Japan gonna be Japan lol

also on comment that J-Pop is dead... eh I think it's just solo singers. groups are doing well and have interesting songs

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 28th April 2022, 03:15 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
What I lament is avex still living in 2009 and posting PVs with not-so-good quality at YouTube hoping to sell them in DVD/Blu-Ray. You can see some macroblocking in many parts of the clip because they didn't upload it in the maximum 1080p quality YouTube supports.
1080p?? It should be 4K 60fps!!
Old 28th April 2022, 03:21 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
I know, but thinking about avex (and most of japanese record labels) standards, a good quality 1080p video would be acceptable, but not even that they did.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 28th April 2022, 03:45 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Not to mention that when I watch it on my phone it has black bars all around it so I have to zoom it in so it can fill most of the screen because even with it zoomed it won’t fill up all of it and it just looks awkward…

Old 28th April 2022, 06:03 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
Is 60 FPS a standard for video clips? Correct me if I am wrong but i think 24/30 fps is still the film industry and most of 60 FPS on home television is archieved through and interpollation algorythm on modern televisions.

Last edited by AyuCanada; 28th April 2022 at 07:56 PM.
Old 28th April 2022, 06:44 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONAppears View Post
Not to mention that when I watch it on my phone it has black bars all around it so I have to zoom it in so it can fill most of the screen because even with it zoomed it won’t fill up all of it and it just looks awkward…
This is a pretty commonly used ratio aspect, though. The black bars above & below it are supposed to be there to give it a more cinematic effect/feeling.
You probably have black bars on the left & right too, which is why it looks even smaller, but that's because of phone screens getting bigger and longer (or wider if we're talking horizontally). In the past, that's just where your screen would end. Zooming in is not supposed to remove the bars above & below (I know it kinda does but zooming in also cuts part of the screen with a standard 16:9 video, which is not what one wants). If you watch it on a TV you'll see there are no bars on the sides.

I think it actually lets you zoom in completely with some videos but I keep seeing it in different ways, varying from artist to artist. It depends on if they add the black bars manually or if they just let YT 'fill it out' by cutting the picture in this wide format and not adding the black bars by themselves. I've seen Dua Lipa use both*. If you don't know what I mean, compare Nonfiction with Don't Start Now.
But again, all that just comes down to phone screens having changed. On TV/laptop etc, these should look the same. Plus, I think Nonfiction looks big enough when zoomed in (although I generally prefer watching the other way).

In other news, the PV has crossed the 600K mark!

Spoiler:
Interestingly enough, the remix videos for Don't Start Now have them added into the video itself, while that's not the case for the original song and that's made by the same team.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 28th April 2022 at 07:43 PM.
Old 28th April 2022, 07:20 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

True I def would want it in 4k. But 24 fps Personally, I don't like the high frame rate for anything other then live tv (like news and sports.) I din't mind the 2.35 aspect ratio (the "black bars"). Gives it a more cinematic look and again, looks better on a widescreen tv.
Do you think the video will look better on the bluray without youtube's crappy compression?

I def meant Ayu's brand of solo J-pop is not as common anymore in the age of idol groups.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 28th April 2022 at 07:29 PM.
Old 28th April 2022, 11:27 PM
SURREAL Initiate

First week streams on Spotify: 65,023K
Old 28th April 2022, 11:32 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Is 60 FPS a standard for video clips? Correct me if I am wrong but i think 24/30 fps is still the film industry and most of 60 FPS on home television is archieved through and interpollation algorythm on modern televisions.
No, 24/30 fps is the standard for video clips. That doesn't mean it's the best. This article does an interesting comparison between the two frame rates https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-enter...s-a-good-idea/

I think it would have been SO cool if ayu had portions of the clip shot in 60dps (the dance/walking part?) which would be the "Nonfiction" and some shot in the standard 24/30 fps. The article I linked above quotes: "I don't think we are born with an inherent knowledge that 24 equals fiction, 60 equals nonfiction. We've been conditioned that way our entire lives by watching countless hours of movies and TV. "

Unfortuantely, she wouldn't be the first music video in 60fps. I BELIEVE that Bruno Mars' "Finesse" is the first. But she would be the first Asian artist

I still want my pink bunnies to explode in black ink.
Old 29th April 2022, 08:42 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Ayu has just acknowledged me and my #ayuNonfiction video in her stories. Honestly, I couldn't be happier and my life is now complete ^^
Old 29th April 2022, 10:09 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Congrats!
Old 29th April 2022, 10:01 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Ayu has just acknowledged me and my #ayuNonfiction video in her stories. Honestly, I couldn't be happier and my life is now complete ^^
ahaahh wow!

As for teh framerates article, i read it and i agree with it. However, call meold school, I cannot stand watching TV shows or movies in 60 fps, to my brain, it makes them look like hallmark specials.
Old 30th April 2022, 10:46 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Omg, congrats! So jealous!
Old 30th April 2022, 12:06 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post

In other news, the PV has crossed the 600K mark!

700K now!

Old 30th April 2022, 01:22 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Sorry for the double post! Maybe I'm blind but either Ayu or someone who looks like Ayu is currently marching through Ni-Chome???

https://twitter.com/OBARA_TAKAKI/sta...WGUaJ-ozw&s=19

I'm quite certain it's her??? Either way, we love to see it!

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 30th April 2022 at 01:31 PM.
Old 30th April 2022, 02:04 PM
SEASONS Initiate

It’s her omg. Well, she said she was going to nichoume to do the challenge so...
Old 30th April 2022, 04:11 PM
As if.. Initiate

I guess that’s one promotion

Although I wonder if it would draw criticism due to covid
Old 30th April 2022, 04:49 PM
YOU Initiate

[QUOTE=dumbellz;3350060]I guess that’s one promotion

Covid is cat piss outside. It's well known that outside events are no risk.
Except for the covid fanataics who freak out for everything and anything, I think ppl don't care anymore.
Old 30th April 2022, 05:45 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Just recorded my video. Here's hoping Ayu still looks at the videos & posts them in her story! I didn't have the time to do it earlier.

Old 30th April 2022, 07:08 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
I don't buy DVD/Blu-Ray because I don't even have the player.
avex is a type of company which is going to go bankrupt because of their 2000s products and selling idea for 2022.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Tags
new single, nonfiction