Ayu on Michael Jackson - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 2nd July 2009, 01:19 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
The painkillers ayu has used were probably NSAIDs. Almost the entire world uses NSAIds for pain. They have no potential of causing dependence from abstinence, though they can be abused if pain is a real problem. However, Micahel was on opioids which usually are used to treat the strongest kinds of pain that can't be controlled by NSAIDs alone. ayu hasn't probably resorted to those...yet, lol.
lol yeah...she was probably on vicadin or something.

Which...does have it's addiction capabilities...but I mean...it's no where near what demerol is.

I don't really think she needs to say anything about Michael. Why should she feel obligated to say something?

Are you? Am I? No. Was she his personal friend? No. Has she ever said anything about him being her idol or something (as with BoA)? No...

So...I mean...it's not really necessary...besides, she's busy.

But yeah, no QT, she hasn't said anything.

I agree with Kendelle. You know...I don't want to bring this up here...but the other day, someone said that all the people around Michael were bloodsucking vampires...sometimes it leads me to wonder if thats why he brought children around him...because they're innocent and can't use him.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 2nd July 2009, 01:44 AM
GAME Initiate

I don't think anybody expects Ayu or any celebrity to make a statement. However, as one of the bigger names in pop music... I think an acknowledgment from her (at least in her in TA blog) wouldn't hurt. After all, she echoes Michael in a lot of ways (expensive music videos, elaborate stage shows, "overproduced" pop music)

A lot of people don't seem to realize the significance of his passing... He was one of the most famous people to ever live. We may never have another human being, not to mention music artist that is ever as globally recognized and gifted with such talent as Michael Jackson. Expect this to be in the news for a while.
Old 2nd July 2009, 02:10 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
I agree with Kendelle. You know...I don't want to bring this up here...but the other day, someone said that all the people around Michael were bloodsucking vampires...sometimes it leads me to wonder if thats why he brought children around him...because they're innocent and can't use him.
It doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but i wanna comment on this anyway lol

I'm pretty sure that's the reason why he loved kids so much. He had been exploited and made fun of (due to his acne) by adults. So i guess he prefered to be sorrounded by children who would just let him be.

It's sad, but he never trusted in adults. He didn't know how to relate to them.

Well, as for ayu, sure it'd be nice if she said sth about Michael's death, but it's not her duty.
She's never said anything about him, so i guess she wasn't a big fan of him (supposing she liked him, of course).

It'd be way different if we were talking about Madonna. We know how much Ayu loves her.
Old 2nd July 2009, 07:27 AM
meaning of Love Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I don't think anybody expects Ayu or any celebrity to make a statement. However, as one of the bigger names in pop music... I think an acknowledgment from her (at least in her in TA blog) wouldn't hurt. After all, she echoes Michael in a lot of ways (expensive music videos, elaborate stage shows, "overproduced" pop music)

A lot of people don't seem to realize the significance of his passing... He was one of the most famous people to ever live. We may never have another human being, not to mention music artist that is ever as globally recognized and gifted with such talent as Michael Jackson. Expect this to be in the news for a while.
Well said, I agree. I don't expect her to release a deliberate, drawn out public statement; it'd just be nice if she made a quick mention of him in a TA/diary, just to show respect. Whether she was a fan or not, it'd just be a nice gesture, is all I'm saying. He had an incredible impact on the music world. I suppose some people of a younger age just don't understand that, and it's sad. He will be in the news for a while and remembered for his good heart, as it should be.

Last edited by Love Appears; 2nd July 2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 2nd July 2009, 07:59 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I don't expect her to make a statement, or say anything about MJ's death. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe she likes some of his songs, or is / was inspired by him in some way or form, but we shouldn't really expect her to make a statement. Like other people have said, she has never really displayed a liking for him, nor was he one of her close friends / acquaintances.

I'd only expect Ayu to make statements about people dying when it's somebody close to her, or someone she truly idolizes, like with one of her best friends in 2007.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 2nd July 2009, 11:52 AM
WE WISH Initiate

yea... i'd love to see ayu on MJ~
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:28 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Maybe Ayu knows and cares but does not feel like making a statemeent. Or can not find the words.
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:29 PM
End roll Initiate

I haven't see any statement or speech from Ayumi on Michael Jackson.
I think Ayu knows what is going on too. Most of us know.
Since Michael Jackson passed away that day, his faces and music were all around the
TV news and newspaper, stated there king of pop die at 50.
It was a shocked that suddenly he died.
But he was a great singer.
Ayumi does acknowledge it. Well, it doesn't means she have to start a statement.
It's everyone choices.

Thanks ownsarai for this beautiful set

Old 2nd July 2009, 08:52 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I hope she doesn't release a statement. People, ie Paris Hilton and many others, have been dropping statements like hot cakes. Saying stuff like "I have known MJ all my life... I am greatly saddened." Yeah, you know MJ but MJ don't know you! Name drop to get in the news! That's how celebrity gossip blogs feel about it anyway.

about BoA and Rain. They are such wannabe poseurs, no one in America even cares about them.

In other words I hope Ayu doesn't join the sheep.

Last edited by octolina; 3rd July 2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:28 PM
Two of us Initiate

I don't see why she wasn't close to him or anything. Course she knows and like us all was porbably saddened but there is no need really

Anything is possible.
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:00 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikoishida View Post
Ayu made a odd Team Ayu post a few days back. Saying everyone is born alone and will die alone'. Maybe that's related to Michael. I don't know. People like BoA and Rain made statements maybe because they are in the American music industry as well as the Asians but Ayu should say something to pay respects.
BoA has said that she was influenced by Janet and Michael so it only makes sense for her to comment on his death.

♥♫thanks to ownsarai for the amazing set♫♥

Old 3rd July 2009, 02:45 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by octolina View Post
I hope she doesn't release a statement. People, ie Paris Hilton and many others, have been dropping statements like hot cakes. Saying stuff like "I have known MJ all my life... I am greatly saddened." Yeah, you know MJ but MJ don't know you! Name drop to get in the news! That's how celebrity gossip blogs feel about it anyway.

about BoA and Rain. They are such wannabe poseurs, no one in America even cares about them.

In other words I hope Ayu doesn't join the sheep.
I'm sure a lot of those celebrities DID know MJ...most of their parents are rich and well-known. Kim Kardashian said she had one of her birthday parties at Neverland Ranch.
And the comment about BoA and Rain was really unnecessary.
It doesn't matter to me whether or not Ayu makes a statement about MJ's death. I'm sure she knows and is sad, but like others have said, she's a busy woman. And MJ wasn't a huge influence on Ayu, so there is really no need for her to make a statement.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 3rd July 2009, 04:12 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Even so, it would have been nice to have heard something from Ayu...hell ANY of the Asian musicians who emulate his work.

I don't know if it's happened yet or not, but I'm a little disturbed at the fact that the members of TVXQ haven't said anything. >_<
Old 3rd July 2009, 08:20 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

well. not that i know of any statements ayu made about MJ's death.

I dont think ayu is inspired by MJ right?
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:42 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Exactly what some people have said. Ayumi is nothing like MJ, and has never said anything about being influenced by him. I think it's pointless that people are disappointed by her lack of commenting. I don't really see why she should comment on it.

I think people should just chill out. Yes he contributed massively to the pop-music industry. But he's dead...there's nothing anyone can do about that. Ayumi shouldn't be obligated to honour someone's death if she doesn't feel like it.
Old 3rd July 2009, 06:33 PM
GAME Initiate

Ayu probably forget about it every time she's in the internet.

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 3rd July 2009, 08:55 PM
sending mail Initiate

I don't think she has, but I think it would be nice if she did.

Old 4th July 2009, 04:12 PM
Dolls Initiate

I think she know it...
But we don't know if she had said 'bout it...
Old 7th July 2009, 03:25 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

I don't think she has to, though it would be fun if she did mention something about him.

I do think she got inspired on michael a few times. Look at the alterna PV. I think there are some simmilarities to the "Leave me alone" music video. Also ayu sems to have a thing for children in her PVs

Another point is, even though people only mention madonna, unlike madonna, and more likely michael, ayu has a couple of "vocal addictions" that are sort of unique to her and her music alone.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 7th July 2009, 03:30 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
I do think she got inspired on michael a few times. Look at the alterna PV. I think there are some simmilarities to the "Leave me alone" music video. Also ayu sems to have a thing for children in her PVs
Haha. I can't wait for the ridiculous allegations against Ayu then.
But yeah...maybe you are right. I mean she doesn't have to credit every artist that influences her I spose.

EDIT: What do you mean by vocal addicitons?