Dos and Don'ts of new threads in News section. - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 8th July 2009, 08:34 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

It's obvious loads of people only read the title of threads before commenting. In the 10th anniversary document book thread there are still people posting "sounds great!" when the first post said it's been cancelled! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
No one complains when there are tons of random threads with skewed information but they complain when someone tries to organize everything and make everything neat? What is this world coming to?
I complain about that! Ahaha

I was searching old AHS threads for info on older releases and first press bonuses for the Limited Edition guide and it's impossible to trawl through every thread related to A BALLADS, RAINBOW, (miss)understood etc to find out what the tracklistings were when it was announced (as they do change sometimes) and what bonuses, lucky draw etc there was.

Drawing on that experience, I think that threads these days should have as much relevant info crammed into the first post to make it easier for people in the future wondering what info we had when S/S came out. It would make my job easier if threads from her older releases were organised and had all the info in post 1.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 8th July 2009, 08:55 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
It's obvious loads of people only read the title of threads before commenting. In the 10th anniversary document book thread there are still people posting "sounds great!" when the first post said it's been cancelled! lol.

It's really annoying when people don't read the previous posts, but well it happens all the time.

But not even reading the first post is just...oh well.
Old 8th July 2009, 09:10 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Of course, it doesn't seem like people back then thought about the future, haha.

Which is kind of what I'm thinking about when making the concert and now single/album threads.

I hope it doesn't become too much of a chore.

And the title's been changed so...
Old 8th July 2009, 06:00 PM
TO BE Initiate

The title's been changed? Awesome, that's the way it should've been for the start! Thanks for the efficacy!
Old 8th July 2009, 06:35 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I had nothing to do with changing the title though.

As soon as the covers are out though, I'm making the title the way it was before.
Old 8th July 2009, 08:23 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Apparently it's a big deal that needs to be addressed and dealt with or the fate of this forum will be in grave danger.
the world is coming to an end

happy now that the tittle has been changed?
Old 9th July 2009, 10:29 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
I had nothing to do with changing the title though.

As soon as the covers are out though, I'm making the title the way it was before.
Sure thing, that would be an appropriate thing to do because then the information would actually commensurate with the title of the thread. (:
Old 9th July 2009, 10:43 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^yeah anthy.

Now just make sure that you don't subsume your own thread somehow.

Best tread carefully. God forbid you force people to read once in a while.

Good luck with the next thread

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 9th July 2009, 11:08 AM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
It's obvious loads of people only read the title of threads before commenting. In the 10th anniversary document book thread there are still people posting "sounds great!" when the first post said it's been cancelled! lol
ho ho. i thought i'm the only one who saw that post, i was thinking 'huh? it's been cancel and you are saying "sounds great"????'

Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxo.licious™ View Post

It's really annoying when people don't read the previous posts, but well it happens all the time.

But not even reading the first post is just...oh well.
i agree with you on this.
if the info/news are cram in the posts within pages, i can see why members don't get the right info. As hardly anyone will actually check every single post.

but when the news are update in the first post....all i can say is are you blind???
at least there's someone who's updating the first post and keeping everything organise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
The title's been changed? Awesome, that's the way it should've been for the start! Thanks for the efficacy!
The staff are the only one who can do that.
If members can do that, TH won't name the thread title with 'covers' already, he will be able to change it when they come out, he's always very organise with threads.

My Instagram

Old 9th July 2009, 02:57 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
ho ho. i thought i'm the only one who saw that post, i was thinking 'huh? it's been cancel and you are saying "sounds great"????'
lol, I know! I don't usually say anything about it but.....i usually smack my face against the keyboard for a bit Then I feel a bit better

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 9th July 2009, 05:29 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky_way View Post
This is still going on? :/
Anything started by truehappiness, it can go on and on. Dont you love the drama he starts like EVERYWHERE? I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
I personally don't really mind that the first thread was "subsumed" by the new one, because that thread was nearly all chat, with the news lost in it's pages...and honestly, it was difficult to navigate, and find anything.

Which is annoying. And kind of bad forum etiquette.
You said it urself. I feel that starting a thread, in preparation for future news release would only make space for more pple to chat about something that isnt confirmed at the current moment. Which is annoying. And kind of bad forum etiquette.

Speaking of that, if anyone is so eager to compile all these things IN PREPARATION for news that are not yet released, why not make threads for ayu's tour in 2010? ayu's new album? I hope you guys see the point here. It's ok if you dont.

YES! TH do update his first post with updated information REGULARLY. But his info are all from other threads that reveal the information. it's not as though with TH's thread, the other threads of information will not exist. NO. We would have

1. one thread that tells us the cover.
2. one thread that tells us the tracklist.
3. Another thread that tells us whatever.

and all TH does is to compile, nothing else. So we would have 4 threads. The other 3 threads dont disappear after TH's compilation. They are still there.

Again, words of fairness, i am very grateful for TH's threads especially this kind because it's so informative and one don't need to search thru pages to look for the correct info.

But i guess, it doesnt need to be done so quickly?

Last edited by alternarist; 9th July 2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 9th July 2009, 09:51 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Well, not taking sides (but hypocritically taking lol) I think putting " + covers" on that thread was not a very sensitive move. A simple description like just information would describe everything the thread was intended to do without being "sensationalist". I definitely know "the future of the forum" won't change just because of something small, and maybe people should not get so hyped over every single news that pops up, but to be honest, well, people do look in the news FOR NEWS, and it's undoubtly exciting when there's actually something new to look at. It's really upsetting to get on a thread that is supposedly announcing the covers when it is all a fake call for "organization". It's also predictable that a thread done beforehand like that will only draw a lot of posts that will actuallycompletely mess any concept of organization (thus making the thread purposeless in its existance) with people saying "wow, I'm deceived I thought the covers were out for a sec" over the first 10 pages of discussion (and the reason why this thread exists now). The "+ covers" was definitely unnecessary information to be added since the ocvers aren't in fact really available yet. When it comes to news we have to make thread titles that won't mislead people, after all I'm sure nobody (other than prankers) like to get on a thread that has a new song preview and after downloading it it's a justin timberlake track.Not the same thing, but you can get what I mean. [ I wouldn't say that was truehappiness intention to make a prank, but in the rush of quickly monopolizing news threads for the sake of organization, these msitakes can often happen and I'm sure it upsets a lot of people. I remember a couple of years ago that some inititates would fight for who would bring certain news first and things would often get ugly. I seriously hope there's not a news posting competition going on around here ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post

You said it urself. I feel that starting a thread, in preparation for future news release would only make space for more pple to chat about something that isnt confirmed at the current moment. Which is annoying. And kind of bad forum etiquette.

Speaking of that, if anyone is so eager to compile all these things IN PREPARATION for news that are not yet released, why not make threads for ayu's tour in 2010? ayu's new album? I hope you guys see the point here. It's ok if you dont.
I have to say I actually agree with everything I'm quoting from you here. A thread for ocmpilation of news often has to become a shadow of the main news. After all, it will only be updated with something relevant AFTER a main news has been announed.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 9th July 2009, 10:02 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Haha, newsposting competition?

That's funnyish.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Haha, newsposting competition?

That's funnyish.
LOL I'm not saying you're doing that, but it has happened in the forum before and things became really ridiculous

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 9th July 2009, 10:20 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Not that I ever did it, but it's hilarious since.. people generally just want to be first when posting news.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SAYS BUT I'LL POST IT HERE ANYWAY"

"HEY I'M NEVER TOUCHING THE FIRSTP OST HERE AGAIN SO HHHAAHDOMSOEXCITED"..

Yeah..
Old 9th July 2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Not that I ever did it, but it's hilarious since.. people generally just want to be first when posting news.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SAYS BUT I'LL POST IT HERE ANYWAY"

"HEY I'M NEVER TOUCHING THE FIRSTP OST HERE AGAIN SO HHHAAHDOMSOEXCITED"..

Yeah..
LOL I guess, but as long as there's not a certain virulence with people trying to crush each other, things can be ok. It's obvious that someone who finds a piece of news that nobody has posted will rush to have that news posted. What's bad is when people start to fight because "they" should've be the ones to have posted instead of someone else. That's when things don't go ok imo. Such things happened with a few users a couple of years ago and things got ugly LOL

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 9th July 2009, 10:31 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah.

"HEY I POSTED IT ALREADY"
"BUT MINE IS MORE COMPLETE BLEEH"
"STFU I WAS FIRST"
"NO ME."

Wow, peoples. Just do it well, and people will go to that thread! Haha.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:07 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Forum drama is <3

the news posting comp. used to crack me up too when I first heard about it.

Some people...are obsessive and creepy.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th July 2009, 06:35 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I don't care who the hell posts it as long as I get to know about it lol. Maybe this forum should have a news staff....
Old 10th July 2009, 07:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Nah. Then people would fight about who gets to be what, oi.