[Q]Is anybody having problems getting on AHS? - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 21st September 2007, 07:50 AM
Banned

Exactly how are you staff trying to fix it? Deleting old threads? Pondering buying more server space? Both? What?

(just curious)
Old 21st September 2007, 06:01 PM
kanariya Protector

Deleting threads & stuff like that is pretty superficial and won't fix the real problems.

since I'm not the one doing it I'm not 100% sure whats going to be done, but fixing the forum requires certainly a lot of in-depth work with the server & forum settings; upgrades & stuff like that.

most recent effort to speed up the forum is that more of it has become members-only, it's an attempt to conserve bandwidth and ease the server load
Old 21st September 2007, 06:25 PM
Banned

Okay, I have a question or two:

1. Why was vbullentin purchase? I mean, there a plenty of web sites (I think) like invisionfree that u don't have to pay for and I rarely have trouble posting or what have u on the there.

2. How much does it cost to keep the site running and purchasing a server?
Old 21st September 2007, 07:55 PM
Who... Initiate

^Well first off, those have annoying ads on them. The ads aren't pretty. Second off, this site has downloads. On free forums this site can get deleted for the downloads people share here. Third off, I think you have a limit on the amount of space or whatever and this forum is huge so I think they would need to upgrade to allow more space and stuff for the site.
Old 21st September 2007, 08:46 PM
glitter Initiate

Free forums are not very reliable in some cases. If their server broke down or something and lost the data (unlikely but it's possible) you just lose everything. Also you have much less control over free forums because you're being hosted. Plus as mentioned, those ads are seriously annoying.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 21st September 2007, 08:50 PM
kanariya Protector

@ luv~venus~

1. free forums suck & are very limited. when they get big there'll be problems, and the functions and whatnot are really crappy compared to this one. + everything Sweet_Ai & Demure_Dusk said

2. some things are just kept private among staff, sorry
Old 21st September 2007, 11:18 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
some things are just kept private among staff, sorry
I don't see why that price has to be so private. You could allow members to donate. No, I don't mean forcing us to or making us pay to join but I've been on sites where I would donate money. At least the members that complain could say they helped out with the problem instead of whining all the time.

Last edited by Sweet_Ai; 21st September 2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 23rd September 2007, 02:13 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
To me donations from possible minors seems that fastest possible way to a law suit... we are a free forum, and a very large forum, and because of that we need rules and order...

...if the people who pay those amounts wish it not to be disclosed, I think it's up to them and should be respected

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 23rd September 2007, 02:48 AM
Who... Initiate

I'm not a minor (as are many other peopel here) and there are ways to make sure the parents know. And some minors have jobs with their own bank accounts so they should be able to do what they want with their own money. As long as you don't have the money to fix the server people will complain and complain (or become utterly annoyed) no matter how many times you say you try to fix it. And I'm not itching to know the amount. I just said I didn't think it was a big deal. I didn't need to know.

Last edited by Sweet_Ai; 23rd September 2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 23rd September 2007, 04:56 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Then they can go buy their own server. This is AHS, and you and I both don't have control over the server issues. The administrators are doing their best and complaining wont do anything.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 23rd September 2007, 05:15 AM
Banned

Well, it's been working more than good. So no complaints from me. I just hope it can stay like this!!!!
Old 26th September 2007, 07:46 PM

Hell hell hell hell, we had to wait 2,5 days to access AHS again and all we have is the problems again. I love this sucked server
Old 26th September 2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

I guess that what our punishment was: We complained to much so the Mods closed it down. LOL! (j/k)
Old 27th September 2007, 02:15 PM
BALLAD Initiate

*sigh* i still can't access here from my home. the page will hang and it will freeze my other internet explores pages too.....

now i'm using the computer at work, but seeing i'll be transfer to another department where i have no net access, i can't come here anymore.....bye guys!

My Instagram

Old 27th September 2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

Ooooooh, I'm sorry to hear that...I hope u'll be able to find out some way to get back on here 'kay?! (Bye-Bye!)
Old 28th September 2007, 03:59 AM
Rule Protector

It is a great accomplishment that AHS has become what it is, I dont think many other stars out there has such a great forum. But it's sad whats happening.

Eventually, if it doesnt get any better, I think the problems are going to result in people looking elsewhere. AHS has been crappy for some time now, with no improvement and AHS is only what the initiates make it. People can go to talk about ayu where ever they want.

It also seems like the mods do not want any help at all. "We pay, so shut up" seems to be the attitude. You don't have to accept a crappy product, just because it's free. It's not like AHS is the only free site out there, it just happened to gather the most people, which is why people stay here - the replies are fast.

Think outside the box and fix the problem. Obviously, if server space is the problem, get donations (like ayunite), sell t-shirts (like ayunite) or whatever. As for vbulletin, you can just go to www.vbulletin.com and get an idea of the prices. Why it has to be a secret, I dont know.

It sadly seems like AHS is going down hill and what's more frustrating than the problems, is the way the mods are handling it. No info or anything is given. Maybe the reason of all the complaining is that people have no idea what's going on. Only the holy mods know. For all people know, the mods are sitting around, doing nothing. No info is given.

After 2 days of maintenance, with AHS down, no info is issued. Maybe 6 hours before the closing of AHS, they could have given a heads up about it. And maybe when AHS returned, they could have shared some info about what was done, what worked and what didn't. But hey, they choose to operate in the shadows, letting people speculate and develop their conspiracy theories.

It seems like they need help, because the problems are still here. No change. So why don't they ask for it? Why so secretive about what's going on?

I believe people care about the situation of AHS just as much as the mods. The way people are brushed off, because they don't pay, is just ignorant and kinda dictatoric. We are all part of the community.
Old 28th September 2007, 04:26 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
It is a great accomplishment that AHS has become what it is, I dont think many other stars out there has such a great forum. But it's sad whats happening.

Eventually, if it doesnt get any better, I think the problems are going to result in people looking elsewhere. AHS has been crappy for some time now, with no improvement and AHS is only what the initiates make it. People can go to talk about ayu where ever they want.

It also seems like the mods do not want any help at all. "We pay, so shut up" seems to be the attitude. You don't have to accept a crappy product, just because it's free. It's not like AHS is the only free site out there, it just happened to gather the most people, which is why people stay here - the replies are fast.

Think outside the box and fix the problem. Obviously, if server space is the problem, get donations (like ayunite), sell t-shirts (like ayunite) or whatever. As for vbulletin, you can just go to www.vbulletin.com and get an idea of the prices. Why it has to be a secret, I dont know.

It sadly seems like AHS is going down hill and what's more frustrating than the problems, is the way the mods are handling it. No info or anything is given. Maybe the reason of all the complaining is that people have no idea what's going on. Only the holy mods know. For all people know, the mods are sitting around, doing nothing. No info is given.

After 2 days of maintenance, with AHS down, no info is issued. Maybe 6 hours before the closing of AHS, they could have given a heads up about it. And maybe when AHS returned, they could have shared some info about what was done, what worked and what didn't. But hey, they choose to operate in the shadows, letting people speculate and develop their conspiracy theories.

It seems like they need help, because the problems are still here. No change. So why don't they ask for it? Why so secretive about what's going on?

I believe people care about the situation of AHS just as much as the mods. The way people are brushed off, because they don't pay, is just ignorant and kinda dictatoric. We are all part of the community.
Sometimes I think some people either don't read or just chose to blind themselves from what has been said. It's very easy to criticize the staff because people are unsatisfied with how AHS' server has been running lately. How many times do I need to repeat that, even though I'm a moderator, as a regular initiate here, I'm also having issues and finding this problem really annoying? It's extremely pathetic to even think we, the staff, are happy with this situation and to think we want to maintain this forum the way it is right now. How many more times is it needed for me to repeat that this is not a SIMPLE issue. The problem of this forum is not MONETARY, this is one of the reasons why donations wouldn't help in any way. The staff is working on this issue, but we don't have to post how administrative matters of the forum are run, because such matters in any forum you go to are supposed to be confidential. Exposing the possible reasons wouldn't help either, as regular initiates wouldn't be able to set things up anyway.

People with conspiracy theories really need some psychotherapy or a change in their lives, because they probably really have a very low self steem. It's ridiculous to have to repeat over and over and over that we are working on the matter even though no concrete solutions have come yet. It's also ridiculous to assume that the fact no solution has came up yet immediately implies that nothing is being done to solve this problem. If there was an immediate solution for each and every issue/problem we have in life, world society would be totally different than it is nowadays.

I was supposed to have replied something here after the forum came back, but because of the server issues, I ended up not being able to post it at all. Sorry to break it to you, but this problem is not affecting only the initiates who have persecution paranoia. How many more times is it necessary for me to repeat that this issue is annoying me and causing troubles for me to post and read posts as well? i'm not happy with this and just like most of the iniotiates here, I do want this forum to run smoothly again...if there was any magical formula, rest assured, it would have already have been used.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 28th September 2007 at 04:39 AM.
Old 28th September 2007, 04:37 AM
Rule Protector

^Maybe you chose to blind yourself from my post, as you did not get any of my point. I read through the thread, and people post and post about what's going on, etc. People develop their theories, because no info is given. You do your announcements with the contests, maybe you could do announcements about the current situation of the forum too? It's all about letting people know. Obviously people don't, as this thread is now on 9 pages.

And of course you're easy to criticize, you're the staff. When people are unhappy in a country, they criticize the government. That's how it goes.

And where did you read in my post, that I think you mods don't have problems with the server too?
Old 28th September 2007, 04:58 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
^Maybe you chose to blind yourself from my post, as you did not get any of my point.
You didn't get any of the previous points pointed by the staff anyway.

Quote:
I read through the thread, and people post and post about what's going on, etc. People develop their theories, because no info is given. You do your announcements with the contests, maybe you could do announcements about the current situation of the forum too? It's all about letting people know. Obviously people don't, as this thread is now on 9 pages.
Hasn't it already been told that the forum has to be shut down at unexpected times for certain reasons and that sometimes it takes longer also for certain reasons? I believe there's something about that a few posts ago, but again, I guess I'm not the one overloooking posts here. The staff doesn't need to state the obvious over and over: that the forums shuts for a few hours days, for setting up reasons, and that the server still being bugged means the problem still isn't solved, and won't be solved until the whole problem has been ruled out, not partially. You again blindly read my previous post, because I also mentioned this time I tried to post something about the current issues after the forum came back after the 2 days shutting off, but I just couldn't, because I wasn't able to post, the server was not working properly.

Quote:
And of course you're easy to criticize, you're the staff. When people are unhappy in a country, they criticize the government. That's how it goes.
That reminds me of people in my city who complain that the mayors do nothing to clean the city, when the same people who complain actually go around tossing papers and junk on the floor of public places and streets.

Quote:
And where did you read in my post, that I think you mods don't have problems with the server too?
I dunno, that whole post exsudes that.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 28th September 2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 28th September 2007, 05:15 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
Exposing the possible reasons wouldn't help either, as regular initiates wouldn't be able to set things up anyway.
No, but it would help us understand what the problem is and why it could possibly be taking so long to fix. We're not all oblivious to more complicated explanations and keeping everything under wraps helps nothing.