5 thoughts / opinions for FIVE - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 8th September 2011, 08:49 PM
Prologue Initiate

Progress - I absolutely love the song. It kinda reminds me of Memorial Address. Goin slow and soft at the start and getting rockish later. Too bad that she didn't release official instrumental for this song, because it's awesome! As for the PV... I expected something like that. It's not something that we usually see. I can't say I dislike it, but I think there's something missing in the video for me to like it. Song [5/5], PV [2.5/5]
2. Why... - The first few times I heard the song, I hated it. I couldn't believe that I could actually hate one of Ayu's songs. Then I realized it's just because I dislike all the recent collaboration thingies. Before December 2010, she collaborated like twice (with tsunku and Keiko. Fix me if there's more, I can't remember right now), but then, all of a sudden, three out of 6 new songs were collaborations (Dream On, Why... and ANother Song). Generally, after listening to the song for a few more times, I started liking it, but I still prefer just Ayu. The PV is really nice and artistic. I like the butterflies and the "Alice in Wonderland" theme. The only thing I dislike is that SF is really bad on some parts of the PV. Song [3/5], PV [4/5]
3. ANother song - Same thing with collaborations I mentioned for Why..., but I liked this song the first time I heard it. Maybe it's just because I fall for love songs. The PV is mediocre. Song [4/5], PV [3/5]
4. Beloved - The moment I heard the song, I fell in love with it. I loved the instrumental, her voice, the lyrics (I like normal instrumental a little bit more than the orchestral one. Sorry, Hoshino-san!). I liked the PV as well. When the colors started appearing, I got goose bumps for some reason. I could feel the energy they put in creating the PV. Song [5/5], PV [4,5/5]
5. BRILLANTE - Since this song leaked the last, I couldn't wait to hear it! The tension was killing me! I expected a bright song - something like ANGEL'S SONG. So I was really surprised when I first heard it. It was a good surprise though. I love the song. The choir part is awesome (although, I can't tell more than 90% of what they're singing), the instrumental is near perfection. The PV was sort of weird the first time I saw it, but I couldn't stop admiring it. Ayu looked really awesome in the PV. Song [5/5], PV [5/5]
Old 14th September 2011, 08:00 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Finally get to listen to my copy for the first time... Have yet to watch PVs... anyway

1. Progress - Started slow and builds up after that to a very captivating song. I love it! [5/5]
2. Why... - Not bad. Do like their parts together. [3.5/5]
3. ANother song - The song is very catchy for me, the chorus is Wow and I do think the harmonised parts are good. [5/5]
hidden track version is good too!
4. Beloved - Soothing for me and I have this tendency to jump to chorus! [4/5]
5. BRILLANTE - The song is a little slow for me. I really don't like the orchestra part.. seems a little too dull. I was not really enthusiastic about it with the preview but hopefully it will grow on me but currently this is my not so preferred track. [2.5/5]

Overall, the album is quite good.

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Old 16th September 2011, 03:27 AM
appears Initiate

1. BRILLANTE was wonderful.
2. BRILLANTE's PV was great until someone pointed out that the girl is Tim. Now, I can't get out of my head how tastelessly he pulled off his role.
3. progress was the only other highlight from the album.
4. beloved is the fourth version of together When... I've heard.
5. The covers are beautiful, but simple, and unfortunately continue a trend that shows Ayumi isn't putting on much of a show anymore.

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki